• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy War Tactics R |OT| F2P Mobile SRPG Season 2: Sia Continent

kotodama

So I just unlocked the Sia continent and have hit my first real big wall. My parties power is 117,231 and I am not sure the best way to get it to 150K and beyond. Do I just save gems to roll for armor sets?

After taking a looksy at your kit you need more defense (aim for 65% defense) and attack (aim maybe for 30K+, if not crap tons more) in general, I'd probably max the 6 star sets you have to +10 then transcend them to where you can get them. Slot 5 transcended provides the most bang for the buck. Also I'd then roll for good mods. Minimum being orange, but you want pinks. Blue, green, and grey will no longer cut it.

Weapon:
Attack % > Crit Rate % > Damage % > Crit Damage %

Armor:
Defense % > HP % > % Minus Damage Taken > % HP recovery

Ring/Brooch/Necklace (possible mod pulls change per slot)
Attack % > Crit Rate % > Defense % > %Damage to Boss > Increase Attack by X% of Y > Increase Crit Rate by X% of Y

Flat is fine if you can get them in pink, but percents are preferred. For weapons and armor you really want all those 4 mods, but I've prioritized them to what I think is most important, sort of.

After that, swap gear on your best characters. Thanatos' basic stuff, won't cut it for Sia. Some of that Serendi gear you have might be better on him, but you've got to get it to +10 with orange and pink mods as described above. So jelly that you've got Iron Fist of the East, but really weird to put both that and Outer Space on Chris, since they function sort of the same.

I'd get normal 1 star gear and get that to +9/+10 to fill out slots you don't have, but don't worry about modding them too much. Sell the 2 star stuff, and if you've got some 3 star sets focus on getting those and transcending them to +15 specifically in the Bow, Armor, Ring combo (it doesn't matter if they really match). If it's not a 4 star set or above, and you're not making a special build (i.e. Counter Build) then bow, armor, and ring is the generic way to go, translation: Crit build (aim for 100%)

If you must pull from the Summon shop, wait until I think May 17-19 which I think gives the chance to get Angel Knight and/or Coocoo Ranger, Go! That being said, RNG is a biatch in this game, and it may not be the best investment of crystals.

Climbing Tower of Dawn (ToD) for gear use to be good, but now there is a lot of 1 star drops that never existed. Still if you treat it like the daily summon pull, I guess it isn't bad, but definitely worse than before. ToD level 55 and 110 are the real meat now. 110 now especially since it's guaranteed to be either 5 or 6 star sets.

As a digression, I'd build up your Thanatos with Iron Fist of the East, Green Ranger, Doom Bringer, Black Ranger, Ultimate Gold Tiger. With that configuration he could solo Dimensional Breakthrough under the cover of Grace in the later stages. Ugh, also just saw my old post, Valkryie used to be better than Chris, but Awakened Chris is the new Tank Queen though Awakened Ildo does give her a run for her money.

Fishious

So I just unlocked the Sia continent and have hit my first real big wall. My parties power is 117,231 and I am not sure the best way to get it to 150K and beyond. Do I just save gems to roll for armor sets?

I don't know exactly what you've done so here's a list of suggestions that may help. If you post more specific info I can try to be more helpful.

1. Get strong heroes. Krut, Valkyrie, Celestial, Deimos, Belle, and Yekaterina are some good choices. I'm not saying that should be your party, I'm saying you should probably be using 2 or 3 for the Sia stuff. Thanatos is good too of course.
2. Raise them to 5*, LV 70. If any of your party can be awakened, then do that.
3. Raise all their skills to max.
4. Make sure to actually buy all the trait slots and roll good traits for characters you use.
5. Do Tower of Dawn normal mode, then as much of Hard as you can. You get several individual equipment capsules for beating the stages, plus a random 4* or higher set for beating each mode.
6. Enhance your best equipment to +10. If you don't have enough to fully outfit all your characters, you may have to make due with platinum or normal equipment. Always check the event shop as there's usually some decent sets you can buy once during the event. Try to go with bow, armor, and ring for most characters. Give them 1 necklace to get their mastery up to 100%. Tanks may take brooches instead of rings. If a set contains pieces you don't like (like maybe there's boots in there) weigh the third set effect versus the tradeoff of using another piece. It may be better to use 2 of a set, with a single 3* piece in some cases.
7. Once enhanced, use mod potions to reroll the passive effects on all your equipment. Note, you should be buying mod pots from the event shop every single day. Aim for getting important potentials at purple or orange rarity. For weapons prioritize: +atk%, +dmg%,+crit rate%, and +dmg%. For armor: +hp%, +def%, and -dmg taken%. For accessory: Whatever mod is unique to that tier of gear and +atk by % of hp. More details in this guide. If you're short on pots, don't try to make every piece perfect. I'd generally recommend against locking any potentials (since each lock doubles cost) until you've rolled your top priority at a good rarity. Exceptions if you roll several other good mods at high rarity at once.
8. Make sure you max your lord masteries Hellfire and Grace. Go into each battle with a full gauge so you can pop grace at the start of battle. Try to have characters attack with as many advantages as you can to refill the gauge before it runs out. Hellfire does % damage to enemies and can sometimes be used to cheese levels by hiding a bunch of healers in a corner and having them do nothing but build lord gauge.
9. Do Battle of Honor. After you have Belle, make sure to buy both the tier 4 & 5 hammers if you can.
10. Likewise spend friendship points on the tier 1, 2, & 3 hammers. Use these on your best set equipment to make them stronger.

Spending crystals on set pulls isn't strictly necessary. With some luck it will certainly speed things up, but you can also take it slower and build your team over time using the various freebies they hand out every month.

Hubb

Thanks for the write up. I've pretty much been autoing my way through and manually doing the tougher stages/trying to get SS's. So I really need to work on my equipment and how it is set up. I'll start going through your advice, but if I understood what you wrote. Should I transcending the 3 star equipment because it is "easier" to get. Then use that until I can level up some of the better sets?

What I have been trying to do:

1) BoH as much as possible.
2) Sky Library everyday.
3) Farming genes to max out skills.
4) I did Tower of Dawn normal, but I am quickly running into problems in ToD hard. You can only get Yekaterina from completing ToD hard right? I don't see myself completing that any time soon.
5) Guild raids x2 a day. Got Valkyrie, slowly buying genes.
6) Farming EXP for characters and lord levels.
7) I've awakened 2 characters thanks to the log in rewards, but I can only clear the normal stages of Nephthys (and not at SS) so I don't have a lot of awakening materials.

I have basically ignored armor outside of equipping the highest star sets I have and upgrading some of the one's I see people mention as being good. To go along with this, I haven't touched Soul Gear either. I have 4 Soul Gear Summon Scrolls, but I haven't pulled the trigger on anything because I have no idea what I want/how I should focus on it.

Mephala

snip snip

If you can, try to add Dimension Breakthrough to the rotation. Lena is well worth the pain.

Tower of Dawn hard and Sia continent are a step above the first continent's stuff. A lot of the enemies have specific buffs or debuffs that you need to take note of.

Tower of Dawn makes it a little easier because there is a small warning per stage. However it still pays to click the maginifying glass and checking each enemy. Here are some heroes you can work on to help Tower of Dawn.

Jack - %HP shred. For bosses and turrets.
Lena - One of the most important characters. Area immobilisation and ranged %HP damage.
Serendi - Charm and crutch status remove and heals over time.
Mu - 100% stun, boss lock down. You don't need to level her 2nd skill if you want as it starts at 100% and only increases damage and mana consumption as you increase it.
Bearman - 1st skill stun has pretty good chance. Solid tank. Use him first, if he fails then follow up with Mu to guarantee stun. If he stuns the boss then you can have Mu conserve MP for when she needs it.
Lance - For when you need that 100% aoe taunt on a tank.
Lily - The best hero for pushing targets away when you need to. (Ragna also pushes but at lower chance)
Deimos - Taunt, dive/reposition and pulling multiple targets. (Lilid can pull too)
Persona - Swapping positions with target. Long range 1st skill helps combo.

These guys aren't always useful and while some are main team worthy, some are clearly not so great outside of their niche. You could use a merc but having your own frees you up to use a strong merc to kill enemies instead. You still need some good damage dealers. Krut, Lee, Celes, Valk, Rage and Mas, Belle for heals etc.

For later maps in ToD and Sia stuff if you begin within range of several enemies it is pretty much Grace or die if you can't wipe them in one turn (I often can't, I'm at 150-170k). Learn to work the lord gauge. Type, position and terrain advantage will give you 1 block each. Buffs/Heals on allies gives 1 block too. Some strategies to get past a stage is to dance around the boss while generating the gauge to hellfire it to death.

Ask for mercs and tips if you're stuck in a certain stage. If you get stuck early in the month you can aim on trying to push past it.

For Transcending, Platinum gear can only go to +12 still. But they are easy to come by so until you get sets that you want to use it is worth transcending the platinums. Don't use hammers on them though, save those for sets if you can.

When gearing, I think some high flat dodge is more useful than % dodge if you do not have much in terms of dodge to begin with. Defense is better but when RNG strikes some flat isn't awful.
Don't try to gear all our characters. Extract useless gear to build towards your free set item and gather platinum gear for transcending or more extracting.
Your main attackers should try to aim for max mastery where possible. I believe it maxes at 10,000.

Soul Gears. Hard to say which ones are best but I recommend you get them for the heroes you use the most. The benefits are pretty small until you hit about +9 or +10. Aim for 1 or two maxed soul gears rather than several low level ones.

Leveling. Coocoo dungeons are great. Note that they get harder and each type has a debuff that helps a lot for autoing. At Coocoo 10 you get lv220 coocoos. Eventually you can brute force them but if you struggle.
Rock - Stun (Unknown, Chris, Mu, Alex etc)
Scissor - Damage over time (Kitty is amazing. Deb and Serendi are good too)
Paper - Movement decrease (Krut, Chenny, Lena, Jin K, Lance)

kotodama

Should I transcending the 3 star equipment because it is "easier" to get. Then use that until I can level up some of the better sets?

Exactly. 3 stars are the new "Platinum" I'm thinking. Platinum being what 2 star gear was called in Season 1. The problem with 2 star gear now is that they only go to +12 and that you mainly get them through extraction, which leaves them in a weird place: Hard to farm and not as good as everything else. 3 star gear seems much easier to farm from normal and boss levels at decent rates. Also they go to +15.

So I'm thinking the new equipment progression would be: One star, and then the move to 3 star, and finally set gear. Sell 2 star gear as they are a waste of refinement stones that you could use on 3 star+ gear instead.

Great Tips all around from Fish and Mephala. Yup, I'd add do Dimensional Breakthrough (DB) even if just autoing it as far as you can go or spare the time for. Lena is worth getting. Also, it'll take a couple months to unlock her.

Recently for DB, I've been using Awakened Chris to solo the first 5 levels till she dies and then switch to Super Awakened Thanatos like what I recommended above to do the last 5 under the protection of Grace. If you do this method, sometimes you may want to sacrifice the first turn, so the enemies come closer to your kill zone, then grace on the second turn.

Some notes on DB: Your opponents don't get any set effects even if they are wearing sets. If you're going to lose a stage, force quitting the app will reset the stage, so you can try again.

Woo thanks for this

Will I be able to install on gpd q9?

From the specs, the OS seems old, but that Mali GPU seems beefy enough. However, no idea really. Give it a go and report back.

Hubb

Thanks for all the tips.

Some notes on DB: Your opponents don't get any set effects even if they are wearing sets. If you're going to lose a stage, force quitting the app will reset the stage, so you can try again.

I didn't know that, thanks for the info. I really appreciate all the info everyone has written down. Looks like I have a lot to work through, so once I get off work I'll start slowly start going.

on a serious note, i hope we get second round of maple story heroes as well..
I missed some of those or some are not maxed..
then again my mercedes is not maxed so i could oblige.. apart from her, rest of the maple collab round1 is fully maxed..
round2 instead......

plus I expect another event or collab on june... hopefully :X

btw, inbachi, fishious or anyone has UPDATED strats for raid? maybe some awakened units are worth for some raid day for example?

kotodama

btw, inbachi, fishious or anyone has UPDATED strats for raid? maybe some awakened units are worth for some raid day for example?

I've been using the strats from this reddit post. It's five months old, but still decent with some exceptions.

I'd say for the Super Muzaka Tuesday Strat you can now swap out Muzaka for Super Aran or Super Awakened Hyongeom. Hyongeom may be the better strat now if you can max out her skills. If you don't have the Bloody Soul Gear for Muzaka then default to the old Chance Super Muzaka strat. Otherwise, take mine or ChaosFusion's Muzaka for a go. Just make sure to adjust Lord Masteries accordingly and strip the armor off your team.

Thursday, I still use the old Chance Double Raboff method, but I'll probably give the Deimos Strat a go this week. I think Jin could be replaced by an Awakened Sraka.

The Friday strat on that post doesn't work anymore, since they changed the Boss AI. So went back to the old Chance double Lee method. However, now the Boss has like a chance to not get immobilized on the second turn which occasionally ruins the strat. I've seen videos of Krut being replaced by either Awakened Kai or Thanatos now. I think the Luminous method is about the same.

Saturday, I switched out Raizel for Awakened Chris in the all paper method in that post. I seem to get 5 mil more consistently now. I wonder if putting Ildo in the Jenny spot would get that to 6 mil a run.

Sunday strat needs to be modified because of Boss AI changes too. Your Lee needs to be on the ice tile diagonal to Sione and the Lee Merc has to be on the ice tile diagonal to the attack bonus tile. If not, Deimos will attack Lee instead of Belle. I've swapped out Thanatos for Muzaka, but doesn't seem to do much. Belle is still MVP here.

Mephala

on a serious note, i hope we get second round of maple story heroes as well..
I missed some of those or some are not maxed..
then again my mercedes is not maxed so i could oblige.. apart from her, rest of the maple collab round1 is fully maxed..
round2 instead......

plus I expect another event or collab on june... hopefully :X

I suspect that they are going to release the Maple heroes again. Obviously if they release them right now there are simply too many things to grind. Some are still doing the Blazblue heroes. I am still hoping that they release Noblesse again afterwards as well.

While you have maxed their skills it may be worth it to hunt down some more just in case they release awakening for them.

I suspect that they are going to release the Maple heroes again. Obviously if they release them right now there are simply too many things to grind. Some are still doing the Blazblue heroes. I am still hoping that they release Noblesse again afterwards as well.

While you have maxed their skills it may be worth it to hunt down some more just in case they release awakening for them.

i hope for a new collab...
and given the previous noblesse event...
imagine a god of high school or a tower of god collab *-*

kotodama

New Dev Notes

TLDR from Reddit:
  • Battle-Arena coming end of June (coupled with new hero)
  • Another rebalance of Sia continent stages, coming mid-June
  • They try to add a new area every one to two months
  • Hero awakening takes longer than they expected, they'll try to hurry
  • Next awakenable heroes are: Jack and Lance, sometime in June
  • Kai, Carrot, Lance and Jack will be rebalanced
  • New scenario coming to Library at the end of June, will probably be about Baby Yeka
  • You'll be able to instantly +9 legendary an item with one click, coming mid June
  • Chaos difficulty will be added to refinement stone stages for better farming, also coming mid June
  • BoH teams will be split into Attack-Team and Defense-Team.
  • Defense-Team is used by AI. Defense team will have equipment saved the moment you set them, so you can unequip them afterwards.
  • Same will be done to GR mercs. Coming at the end of June.
  • Party + Equipment Save function will come in July or August.
  • Guild Raid count will be reduced from 3 to 1. A way to test strategies will be added. Coming July or August.

Those QoL stuff looks nice. GR going to be reduced to 0 counts eventually lol. Hoping we get back to S1 launch Jack Meta again, that'll be fun. Also, isn't this like Kai and Carrot's 2nd rebalance?

Mephala

New Dev Notes

TLDR from Reddit:
  • Battle-Arena coming end of June (coupled with new hero)
  • Another rebalance of Sia continent stages, coming mid-June
  • They try to add a new area every one to two months
  • Hero awakening takes longer than they expected, they'll try to hurry
  • Next awakenable heroes are: Jack and Lance, sometime in June
  • Kai, Carrot, Lance and Jack will be rebalanced
  • New scenario coming to Library at the end of June, will probably be about Baby Yeka
  • You'll be able to instantly +9 legendary an item with one click, coming mid June
  • Chaos difficulty will be added to refinement stone stages for better farming, also coming mid June
  • BoH teams will be split into Attack-Team and Defense-Team.
  • Defense-Team is used by AI. Defense team will have equipment saved the moment you set them, so you can unequip them afterwards.
  • Same will be done to GR mercs. Coming at the end of June.
  • Party + Equipment Save function will come in July or August.
  • Guild Raid count will be reduced from 3 to 1. A way to test strategies will be added. Coming July or August.

Those QoL stuff looks nice. GR going to be reduced to 0 counts eventually lol. Hoping we get back to S1 launch Jack Meta again, that'll be fun. Also, isn't this like Kai and Carrot's 2nd rebalance?

Cause they are still shit.

The current meta has no real place for them.

You need to either out right kill in as large an area as possible or have a nice high % group disable of some sort to be considered worthy of team placement at this point. We also have lots of hybrid characters such as healers who are very capable of attacking. We have 5 character slots and they pretty much offer nothing someone else can't do as well or better.
Well, except Lance. That aoe taunt is still great but he was a bit of a 1 trick pony and that trick requires him to be in the right spot and not move.
Jack is also a 1 trick pony. No reason to take him unless you need extra % HP shredding.

The item straight to 9 refinement is a good move but I suspect it'll cost extra materials. Definitely necessary though because I have many sets that I simply can't be fucked upgrading because it takes too long. Too many things in S2 needs too many clicks. The difficulty is not balanced at all, it feels like you either need to scrap by with tricks or you just get demolished.

I don't really know how they could fix this though, short of a complete overhaul of mechanics.

kotodama

Dang, I think this is the longest update ever for this game. I wonder what compensation we'll get for something like a 12 hour delay. Hopefully another 6 star ticket. If so, perhaps I'll go for Unprecedented this time.

Mephala

I need that dragon cosplay Yeka costume. So cute.

That story tho. Yeka is all like "Cel, Cel where are you?" and all I can think of is:
302e2289f5526681926d7afdb8e0f800--dragonball-z-bouquets.jpg

kotodama

Another patch another delay. After two seasons and change you'd figure mayhaps, Nexon would get their shit today.

Hmm, still, the new Guild Raid stuff is actually kind of nice. Practice Mode and skill setting makes it actually interesting to try and build your own setups even if it's 50 turns of auto. I wonder if this Hero Mark stuff will be as interesting. Also, hope Noblesse comes back in full and not just in Awakening for newer players. Then again, it seems we've got replacement strategies for Noblesse and of course they've fallen out of favor to Awakened characters in general.

Mephala

I don't even mind the delays.

Ive been messing around with guild raid as well. A lot of new strats now that we can block skills and have soamny more heroes.

I still think the game's combat needs some changes. We have a lot of heroes that simply aren't useful for most content.

Mephala

Noblesse Awakening!
https://www.facebook.com/Fwar/videos/1979904282223881/

This will be the LAST time Noblesse will be available.
https://www.facebook.com/notes/fantasy-war-tactics-r/developers-note-41/1979893448891631/
The initial contract with Noblesse was already expired, so it was almost impossible to re-open the Collaboration Event. But, we knew that many of you have wanted this event so much, so we have kept contacting the IP holder regarding this matter.
As a result, we are able to re-open the Noblesse Collaboration Event again!
However, this event will be the last Noblesse Collaboration Event, so we hope you don’t miss out this opportunity because you won’t be able to see it again.
The Event will last for a month. Just like the previous Noblesse Events, every content will be open and every item that has been sold will also be sold again during the event period.

Seira will be changed to crystal buy to enable everyone to buy her. Those who bought her previously will be compensated.

I need to save crystals.

Also, regarding their sets...
This time, the Event will take place two times for two weeks each.
1st Event will be started on September 14.
Muzaka, Seira, Frankenstein will be awakened.
Noblesse Event Shop will be open and sell event-related items and genes of collaboration heroes.

2nd Event will be started on September 24.
Raizel and Raskreia will be awakened.
Event Shop will be updated with additional items.
Lost Island will be open on a two weeks basis, in the order of Muzaka and Raizel.

Noblesse Set Equipment will be added to the schedule of Obtainable Items of the week. You may be able to collect them via Equipment Summon.
You may also be able to collect the equipment by using Equipment Selection Tickets received from the Mileage Reward during the event.
However, when the collaboration event ends, the Noblesse set equipment will be removed from the obtainable items list. Thus, those of you who want to get the Noblesse equipment, please use the selection ticket during the event period.

Nexon knows how to get crystals from us.

Mephala

All right. Quote to reveal new discord server.

The in game chat is turd. It's hard to read, full of enhancement stuff and sometimes buggy to boot. With Jack's endless enthusiasm and Hex's crazy heroes we have been talking lots of strategies with the awakened heroes but trying to keep up in the chat is difficult. Hopefully the discord can help keep track of things.

kotodama

All right. Quote to reveal new discord server.

The in game chat is turd. It's hard to read, full of enhancement stuff and sometimes buggy to boot. With Jack's endless enthusiasm and Hex's crazy heroes we have been talking lots of strategies with the awakened heroes but trying to keep up in the chat is difficult. Hopefully the discord can help keep track of things.

That's a neat way of hiding the link.

Anyways, my heroes ain't that crazy lol. Jack's the one that got like 65 million on Monday. I got to ask him how he did that. I want some of that enthusiasm. If I had multiple Unprecedented Sets then that'd be cray cray. What would be really crazy is if we beat, FWTreddit or Chance for a day or 7.

--

As we wait for the last Noblesse to drop, I've been really liking the direction of the whole Nightmares bit. It's definitely better than those little Story clips they give us. Chris feels like a more well rounded character after just those limited number of battles. I haven't done Thanatos yet, but that should be fun.

As for Library in the Sky, I've stopped playing the Deimos bit as I have a lot of his genes, I wonder if this is going to kick me in the arse later when he's awakened finally.

Oh yeah, also if you told me in season 1 that I'd be using BlazBlue and Guilty Gear Characters in a Disgaea-esque strategy game, I wouldn't have believed you.

Mephala

That's a neat way of hiding the link.

Anyways, my heroes ain't that crazy lol. Jack's the one that got like 65 million on Monday. I got to ask him how he did that. I want some of that enthusiasm. If I had multiple Unprecedented Sets then that'd be cray cray. What would be really crazy is if we beat, FWTreddit or Chance for a day or 7.

--

As we wait for the last Noblesse to drop, I've been really liking the direction of the whole Nightmares bit. It's definitely better than those little Story clips they give us. Chris feels like a more well rounded character after just those limited number of battles. I haven't done Thanatos yet, but that should be fun.

As for Library in the Sky, I've stopped playing the Deimos bit as I have a lot of his genes, I wonder if this is going to kick me in the arse later when he's awakened finally.

Oh yeah, also if you told me in season 1 that I'd be using BlazBlue and Guilty Gear Characters in a Disgaea-esque strategy game, I wouldn't have believed you.

I really want the BlazBlue characters awakened. Those heroes are still some of my favourites I've used.

Regarding Deimos Genes.... I want to but I can't really be bothered lol. Deimos and Celes has one of their set items you can buy. I'm still running Celes' stage because its good money and it is always nice to buy and extra piece of her set so I can transcend it another level. Doing this with Deimos too would be idea, as would collecting some spare genes for their eventual awakening.

Also, Jack's heroes are quite strong. Stronger than mine now, he has been slowly catching me over time. The guild raid hinges on having the right heroes and the right strat. Sometimes some RNG for debuffs. I need to ask him about his Monday strat as well. I'll report back when it plops in on the discord.

Top Bottom