• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 2 dated

Kimi

Oct. 23!

Release date & map editor Q&A

Collector's edition content:

- Exclusive wooden box
- Original Far Cry® 2 Game
- Limited edition Far Cry® 2 t-shirt
- “The Art of Far Cry® 2” Art book
- Collector 50km² map
- Making-of DVD

FC2_collector.jpg

watkinzez

I might be in the minority, but I'm getting this over all the other shooters this year. Shaping up really well.

Slo

watkinzez said:
I might be in the minority, but I'm getting this over all the other shooters this year. Shaping up really well.

Is Project Origin this year too?

watkinzez said:
Far Cry 2, Gears of War 2, Resistance 2.
The rest will likely have to wait until 2009.

Pein

Banned
watkinzez said:
only resistance 2 tops this fps for me, oh and this limited edition is pretty lackluster

LiquidMetal14 said:
New av :lol :lol :lol

And what's the date? Seems you have to be registered since it takes me to a different place.

october 23rd

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Not ANOTHER October release! Gonna have to pass since R2 and Gears hit a couple weeks later. If this is really good I will make an effort to buy but none of the games on my list will trumped by this.

carlosp

Banned
well not really interested yet after my play season at GC. I think i will wait for KZ2 and play RS1 and RS2 this year and of course Bioshock. Really looking forward to that one.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think I would delay this until next year if I were Ubi. There's almost no hype compared to the other big shooters...I just think it's gonna get lost. It's like third or fourth on the depth chart for a lot of people and that's a lot of money that they expect people to spend to get there. :\

Pein

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
Not ANOTHER October release! Gonna have to pass since R2 and Gears hit a couple weeks later. If this is really good I will make an effort to buy but none of the games on my list will trumped by this.
seriously so many good games coming out within a few days of each other its fucking insane

Blablurn

Y2Kev said:
I think I would delay this until next year if I were Ubi. There's almost no hype compared to the other big shooters...I just think it's gonna get lost. It's like third or fourth on the depth chart for a lot of people and that's a lot of money that they expect people to spend to get there. :\

seems like a good idea. altough i'm a little bit interested.

Rainy Dog

Currently thinking this will be one of a handful of inevitable casualties from my preorders over the next few months. Still think its got potential and looks reasonably diverse for a FPS, but wasn't too taken by the latest vids and I'm not convinced the PS3 version will be up to scratch.

Rainy Dog said:
Currently thinking this will be one of a handful of inevitable casualties from my preorders over the next few months. Still think its got potential and looks reasonably diverse for a FPS, but wasn't too taken by the latest vids and I'm not convinced the PS3 version will be up to scratch.

Ubi actually put out a video awhile back of the Playstation3 version. You can fine it on gametrailers and it honestly looks as good as the 360 version at this point except some noticable tearing
Can't post the link cause at work

Mrbob

Y2Kev said:

Not just big shooters...big games.

It is 4th on my October depth chart right now:

1) LBP (Oct 21)
2) Fallout 3 (Oct 28)
3) Fable 2 (Oct 21)
4) Far Cry 2 (Oct 21)
5) Saints Row 2 (Oct 14)

Well the only game I'm buying for certain in October is LBP. I'll probably rent the rest.

I thought last hands-on impressions were pretty negative? I'm waiting for reviews on this one. (also, please let the PC version be extremely superior <3)

okrim

Banned
AgentOtaku said:
Ubi actually put out a video awhile back of the Playstation3 version. You can fine it on gametrailers and it honestly looks as good as the 360 version at this point except some noticable tearing
Can't post the link cause at work
Oh Gesus...I hope will be solved, is the main problem of Assassin's Creed on ps3 and I'm tired to watch handicap porting to ubisoft on the ps3... come on, after Heavy Rain is embarassing to see these differences yet...

raYne

AgentOtaku said:
Holy shit!

I'm completely forgot about Saint's Row

what the fuuuuck!!!???

ugh this is bullshit
Next month is ridiculous.

14-Saints Row 2
14-Dead Space
15-Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm
21-Fable 2
21-Spiderman Web of Shadows
23-Far Cry 2
28-Fallout 3

The bolded are definitely being pushed to another date for me. But then it's not November since:

Resistance 2
Gears of War 2
Tomb Raider Underworld
Left 4 Dead

:lol :/

Tenks

I remembered enjoying Farcry1 for the PC. At the time it was a gorgeous looking game. I'll certainly get this off Gamefly but I don't think it'll be on my buy list.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Definitely looking forward to this, just don't know when I'll get time to play it with all of the other releases coming out that month.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Far Cry was my favorite shooter on xbox 1, even more so than halo 2. I loved the map editor and I can't wait for this one.

Zzoram

Tenks said:
I remembered enjoying Farcry1 for the PC. At the time it was a gorgeous looking game. I'll certainly get this off Gamefly but I don't think it'll be on my buy list.

FarCry (PC) was great. It was second only to Half-Life 2 in it's day, and even then it's more fun for pure FPS gameplay, whereas H-L2 had better atmosphere/story/faces and better puzzles.

From the Crysis demo, it had very much a similar gameplay feel to FarCry (not surprisingly) and that's a good thing. I like these wide open FPS games, with only a few corridor levels, but very few FPS games offer that. I pre-ordered Crysis Warhead and FarCry 2 because I like this type of game. I haven't gotten Crysis yet mainly because Warhead offers a refined version of the game with optimizations leading to better performance, and also at a lower price. I'll consider picking up Crysis if the price drops to $30.

Fallout 3
Fable 2
Far Cry 2
Dead Space

Shit, and I only have a 360 (well a Wii too, but that doesn't count).

I'll probably only get two of these in October (one shooter, one RPG) and the rest will hae to wait until probably after the first of the year.

Zzoram

MaizeRage25 said:
Fallout 3
Fable 2
Far Cry 2
Dead Space

Shit, and I only have a 360 (well a Wii too, but that doesn't count).

I'll probably only get two of these in October (one shooter, one RPG) and the rest will hae to wait until probably after the first of the year.

I'd say get Fallout 3 and Far Cry 2 first, and the other 2 when you have time.

Aaron

Zzoram said:
I'd say get Fallout 3 and Far Cry 2 first, and the other 2 when you have time.
Two opened ended FPS games in one month? I don't think that's good advice. I'd swap one out for Dead Space, which seems to be fairly linear and slow paced.

That map sure will come in handy.. not paying for it though.
okrim said:
after Heavy Rain is embarassing to see these differences yet...
Heavy Rain is doing something else on a single platform, this game is 50km squared of open world Africa. Considering how last year the game was switched from PC exclusive to PC and PS360 minor technical flaws are to be forgiven. Unless Ubisoft is not going full force with the marketing campaign as they did with Assassin's Creed I'd say this is good time for them to put it out.
Aaron said:
Two opened ended FPS games in one month?
Fallout 3's a FPS now? :lol Not from what I've seen, it isn't

okrim

Banned
Visualante said:
That map sure will come in handy.. not paying for it though.

Heavy Rain is doing something else on a single platform, this game is 50km squared of open world Africa. Considering how last year the game was switched from PC exclusive to PC and PS360 minor technical flaws are to be forgiven. Unless Ubisoft is not going full force with the marketing campaign as they did with Assassin's Creed I'd say this is good time for them to put it out.
OK but Assassin's Creed was an exclusive before and after was better on 360, ps3 is the devil of the ubisoft developers ...

dLMN8R

Sure doesn't help my lack of confidence with this game after playing it for a while at PAX over the weekend.

-Crappy AI? Check
-Collectathons? Check
-Questionable story progression? Check
-"Immersive" features that happen way too often, make no sense, and end up being more annoying than anything? Check

Definitely waiting not just on reviews, but player comments too on this one. It's made by the same developer as Assassin's Creed, and so far it looks like it'll be adopting all of that game's problems too. Beautiful, competent technology with an at-best average game built on top of it.

dLMN8R said:
Sure doesn't help my lack of confidence with this game after playing it for a while at PAX over the weekend.

-Crappy AI? Check
-Collectathons? Check
-"Immersive" features that happen way too often, make no sense, and end up being more annoying than anything? Check

Definitely waiting not just on reviews, but player comments too on this one. It's made by the same developer as Assassin's Creed, and so far it looks like it'll be adopting all of that game's problems too. Beautiful, competent technology with an at-best average game built on top of it.

To be honest all I care about is the multiplayer. I think nearly every single fps has most of those issues in the single player. I've gotten exactly one level in on halo and a few hours into Call of Duty before I got sick of both in SP.

Kibbles

Awesome! Yeah I'm in the ''all I care about is MP'' squad, but I might go explore the world in SP here and there. Map Editor will be amazing, can't wait.

Mrbob

dLMN8R said:

-Crappy AI? Check
-Collectathons? Check

Don't forget this is a UBI game so it will be buggy as fuck upon release as well.

Top Bottom