• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 announced (Ubisoft press conference, coming 2012)

Ledsen

wl4qwl.jpg

GOTY 2012

followup to GOTY 2008

Links

Official site

Synopsis

Beyond the limits of civilization lies an island, a lawless place ruled by piracy and human misery, where your only escapes are drugs or the muzzle of a gun. This is where you find yourself, trapped in a place that’s forgotten right from wrong, a place that lives by the principles of violence. Discover the island’s bloody secrets and take the fight to the enemy; improvise and use your environment to survive. Beware the beauty and mystery of this unexplored paradise and live to outwit its roster of ruthless, desperate characters.
You’ll need more than luck to survive.

Videos

PRESS CONFERENCE FOOTAGE (low res)

HD footage with developer talking on top of it

HD Gameplay Walkthrough (Gametrailers)

Another Walkthrough

Giant Bomb Video Interview

Articles

Eurogamer Preview

Screens

b0FgL.jpg

5SA17.jpg

ZBaU5.jpg

xTkwk.jpg

EMZE2.jpg

6wmy8.gif

5akoh.gif

(cred goes to DennisK4 for the GIFs)

Wallpaper

2vSP7.jpg

FarCry 3 is being headed up by Josh Mosqueira, which was a former lead designer at Relic Entertainment. He was in the lead designer of Company of Heroes.

It looked pretty good. I wouldn't go as far to say it is GOTY anything.
I mean, what does it do better than the rest of the game industry standard of Shooters?

fushi

Best thing I've seen from E3 up to this point. I never expected to see a first-person cutscene I actually like.

Just caught the end. I really loved Far Cry 2. Once I started listening to my own music while playing it I could play for hours.

Have to watch the whole thing.

Ledsen

shadowsdarknes said:
It looked pretty good. I wouldn't go as far to say it is GOTY anything.
I mean, what does it do better than the rest of the game industry standard of Shooters?

It's the followup to Far Cry 2.

Salsa

im fucking there day 1

im skeptical on actual gameplay since the whole thing was overly scripted as an E3 demo, but being of the few Far Cry 2 lovers, im there day 1.

Sinoox

Banned
Fool me once... shame on- shame on you. Fool me...... you cant get fooled again!!!

What I'm trying to say is after playing Far Cry Vengeance on Wii and then Far Cry 2 there's noooo way I'm giving that series a chance again.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Awesome, I'm so down with a new Far Cry.

This might sound crazy, but I'd honestly prefer that they take formula of FC2 (open world, realism stuff, etc) and improve on it instead of trying to emulate the first game. I enjoyed the game despite it's flaws, and a sequel that fixes it's shortcomings could be a damn classic. Can't see the footage right now but hopefully it's as badass as it should be.

Sinoox said:
Fool me once... shame on- shame on you. Fool me...... you cant get fooled again!!!

What I'm trying to say is after playing Far Cry Vengeance on Wii and then Far Cry 2 there's noooo way I'm giving that series a chance again. It just aint my cup of tea. : /

Your first problem.

Ledsen

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Fuck yes.

Take your scripted corridor shooters and leave, big boys going to play now.

That's what I'm talking abouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut!!!!

I'm SOOOOO making the Official Thread for this.

zlatko

Banned
Super well done trailer and game play shown off. I hope they do the multiplayer justice this time. FC2 multi was a joke.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Game of E3 so far. Far Cry 2 was so mediocre but a simple gameplay video brought my faith for Far Cry back.

Messi

Snuggler said:
Awesome, I'm so down with a new Far Cry.

This might sound crazy, but I'd honestly prefer that they take formula of FC2 (open world, realism stuff, etc) and improve on it instead of trying to emulate the first game. Can't see the footage right now but hopefully it's as badass as it should be.

It is.

ezekial45

Banned
It seems like they're trying to mix FC1 and FC2 together for this one.

I hope for the best. I was really disappointed with FC2, but it did have a lot of great ideas (which it didn't do well at all). Hopefully they'll get it right this time.

Zimbardo

Amir0x said:
It actually doesn't look that amazing at all. Looks like a console version :/

i agree. thought it looked very standard issue for a current gen console game. nothing extra special.

screen tearing up the ying yang.

Top Bottom