• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 official site launched (new screens, coming 2012) [New Trailer Feb 16]

Junie12

This reminds me I need to play Far Cry 2. But my backlog is so huge I don't think I'll have time to play it :(

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Please get this released on PC, and don't fuck it up Ubisoft.

Don't worry. It's coming for PC.

From the official site:
3333q3xo8.png

the guy who did Red Steel 2.

Really? Can't get his credits for many things. Hopefully he comes from a more hardcore background. One of the things I liked about the previous far cry games was that you felt like an ordinary dude in a world, you're rules of play were very much similar to those of your enemies. Modern games make you feel too much like you're the dude in a world and assume that the player character is the most badass person ever.

A map/mission editor on console would make this the game of the forever. I know that won't happen though.

I'd trade the map maker on consoles for mod support on the PC. As cool as the user made maps are, if Far Cry 2 was easily modifiable, the community would have turned that into something
more
amazing.

injurai

Banned
Lets hope the aiming doesn't feel like vaseline has been smeared onto my mouse pad. This trend of PC FPS ports is getting tiring.

bengraven

There was and it was great except it was tied to a shitty MP game. If they had opened it up to allow SP or co-op missions it would have been incredible.

Funny, that was almost my reaction to Far Cry Instincts Predator on 360:

"Great map editor but tied to a shitty SP/MP game".

My friend/roommate and I never played more than lvl 1 of the SP and maybe one match of online MP. We spent our 50-60 hours in-game just making maps and fighting each other on the maps. I remember the excitement of coming home and finding a note saying "try my new map out". It was like Christmas.

Dennis

Banned
The best part is the reintroduction of the color blue into the FarCary universe.

FarCry was stunning and ahead of its time.

FarCry 2 was one of the most hideous games of all time.

FarCry 3 looks great so far.

dLMN8R

Let's hope Far Cry 3 is to the shitty Far Cry 2 what Assassin's Creed 2 was to the shitty Assassin's Creed.

Assassin's Creed 1 and Far Cry 2 were both terrible for essentially identical reasons. Huge, gorgeous world with absolutely nothing interesting to do in it beyond the first few hours.

More worried about the DRM story, though. And simultaneous PC release. Ubisoft is probably just *ITCHING* to fuck this up in as many ways as possible.

mr stroke

The best part is the reintroduction of the color blue into the FarCary universe.

no

Far Cry 2 was awesome out side of all the respawning assholes on jeeps chasing you every five minutes.

iNvid02

i got far cry 2 for next to nothing in the steam sale, never really got into it though.

this looks awesome though

sixghost

Set your alarm clock to 5:00 AM, Leave the safehouse, shut up

V_Ben

Banned
It's Ubisoft, so it will be delayed at least 1-3 years and get at least one reboot.

The thing is, this is probably the reboot. Remember the leaked Far Cry 3 artwork from a while back, when FC2 was either out or just coming out? That was probably the first version, and when they lost Hocking, they rebooted it. There, the curse remains!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
You haven't posted much for the last few days. Still reading those Mass Effect novels, aren't you? There is a comic now. You should check it out......

DENNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSS

robin2

I think the African setting was more fascinating on paper.

I hope this have wild animals, like crocodiles and other nasty things you have to watch out for, between a human slaughter and the next.

Also I hope it has a realistic illumination, instead of the usual a cinematic/dramatic/over-charged/artificial-staged.

And FOV setting too.

And of course no Ubi DRM of nightmare.

Thanks.

Clevinger

I can't wait for this. Far Cry 2 could have been a great game if not for a few gigantic flaws, which it sounds like they've fixed with this.

Dennis

Banned
I think the African setting was more fascinating on paper.

I hope this have wild animals, like crocodiles and other nasty things you have to watch out for, between a human slaughter and the next.
Its hard to believe they made a place with as much potential as Africa look terrible but they did. The plastic foliage still haunts my dreams.

And who knew Africa had no colors besides desaturated brown.

And they completely missed the boat with the wildlife.

legacyzero

Banned
Let's hope Far Cry 3 is to the shitty Far Cry 2 what Assassin's Creed 2 was to the shitty Assassin's Creed.

Assassin's Creed 1 and Far Cry 2 were both terrible for essentially identical reasons. Huge, gorgeous world with absolutely nothing interesting to do in it beyond the first few hours.

More worried about the DRM story, though. And simultaneous PC release. Ubisoft is probably just *ITCHING* to fuck this up in as many ways as possible.
As is Ubi's custom!

They'll find a way, their history says so!

Index_01tcm9139005.jpg

Its hard to believe they made a place with as much potential as Africa look terrible but they did. The plastic foliage still haunts my dreams.

And who knew Africa had no colors besides desaturated brown.

And they completely missed the boat with the wildlife.
Can't argue with this one.

Top Bottom