• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 |OT| Sex, Drugs, and the Call of Battle in the Uncharted

UK version

If you can't see it, here's the coolest moment gif'ed:

ibbvNVU8Z3JZKK.gif

He missed the guy if that was his target, what a noob.

His fan has LED lights on it. You can do it man, just read up and ask in the PC thread in gaming.

I'll give it a go in the new year, but you're talking to someone who nearly failed at installing a printer not so much as a three months ago. I got it eventually, but it was a tense few hours.

A fan that blows air. lol

I've never seen a fan with led lights before, I thought might be one of those fancy water cooling devices a lot of pc gamers use.

legacyzero

Banned
Is it a typo in the OP that Radeon HD 5 series is unsupported? Or is my 5770 fucked :(
I copied that directly from the ubi site, but ill have a look.

EDIT: yeah, I might have forgotten the 5000 series when typing it up. I don't see any reason why you couldnt though.

I am looking forward to this game more than i thought i would, level editor will get much time with me!

I cant wait to play as a 20-something rich white American who saves those poor, improvised brown people from bad guys.

oh god the chick has that stupid shaved sides thing going on

ha ha, typo aside, you're batting a thousand, and i agree about the side shaves thing.. causing a lot of gorgeous chica's to ruin their heads with that ghastly style is what made me dislike Rihanna even more so.

Derrick01

Banned
Might have to bail out of the thread already. I have a feeling I'm seeing most of the cooler things you can do in the game.

What the hell? Near the end of the video, did he just repeatedly stab a guy? That's a bit sadistic. Then again, this is a game where you kill people.......lots of them.

Remember, it's an open world game, so it should not be compared with FPSes and stuff, but games like Sleeping Dogs and Saints Row the Third.

I think the overall effect of the massive, detailed open world looks amazing.

Also, I think some people are somewhat romanticizing how good Far Cry 1 looked.

Sleeping Dogs looks amazing compared to this, I think.

omonimo

Banned
You really sure about this? And I would definitely install the game on my HDD, maybe the game will run better. ;-)

If I could install full PS3 games I would do that with each and every game.

Wait a minute, you mean ps3 version suffer of tears? It's quite strange, after ACIII...

Derrick01

Banned
Sleeping Dogs looks really sub par outside of the night/rainy night parts. In the day it looks like a typical current gen console port since it can't utilize the tricks it does at night.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Do all version come with uplay? What if I buy it in store and let's say I don't have an internet connection?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I'm not even going to bother clicking, Youtube compression is awful.

I'm basing it on direct screenshots at max settings I've seen. If other screenshots show that it gets a lot better looking I'll be glad, because I want the performance hit to be justified.

Well it's directly captured from a play session this guy had at ubisoft and he thinks the game looks amazing.

iNvid02

Do all version come with uplay? What if I buy it in store and let's say I don't have an internet connection?

you need an internet connection for all the major pc games for the initial activation at least

after that you can go into offline mode with steam, origin, uplay etc

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
you need an internet connection for all the major pc games for the initial activation at least

after that you can go into offline mode with steam, origin, uplay etc

Ok, just wondering.

What is it with this recent trend of unoptimized crap on the PC?

No clue, but AC3, Hitman, Most Wanted and seemingly FC3 all keep pushing that trend forward.... but hey I'm sure someone will call me out and tell me I'm whining over "games that for once actually push the high end pc rigs".

It was used as a distraction. Notice how both enemies were facing the direction the player was coming from, after the explosion they both turned towards it and the player opened fire on them from behind.

you do realize how stupid that is right? it would have made more sense to ya know..kill them with the explosive hanglider rather than waste bullets.

Zeth

I'm super excited for this game. Like others, I totally wrote it off after E3.

Does it run acceptably on consoles? I think I'll be pretty happy as long as it doesn't suffer from constant tearing.

SJRB

Gold Member
does going on mean something different in Dutch?

Wow I'm sorry about that, had the stream on mute so didn't hear he quit. Dude was streaming for like 6 hours, I can't believe he pulled the plug at the very same moment I posted the link.

My bad.

Edit: his stream got taken down by the twitch admins.

Top Bottom