• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 5: E3 2017 Official Gameplay

Source (YouTube)

Save the land of the free. Watch the world gameplay premiere of Far Cry 5.

Far Cry comes to America in the latest installment of the award-winning franchise.
Welcome to Hope County, Montana. When your arrival incites the cult to violently seize control of the region, you must rise up and spark the fires of resistance to liberate a besieged community.

Freely explore Hope County's rivers, lands, and skies with the largest customizable weapon and vehicle roster ever in a Far Cry game. You are the hero of the story in a thrilling world that hits back with every punch, and where the places you discover and the locals you ally with will shape your story in ways you'll never see coming.

Learn more at farcry.com. Available February 27, 2018.

Wow, it looks incredible!

I'm picturing conservatives complaining that between this, Outlast 2, and Bioshock Infinite, Christians are being made out as an evil religion. "Why can't we have a video game character that prays to God, goes to church, and reads the Bible?"

Flousn

So they have Quiet and D-Dog, hope they find a way to include D-Walker.

I am eagerly awaiting the alt-right meltdown over this :)

Cartho

Can't wait for this but it's gonna strike a lot of the crazy alt right types in the US REALLY close to home. A game where the main bad guys are gun toting religious psychopaths who are white Americans. Many of the mental Trump supporters will hate the idea of violent religious nutters not being Muslims.

The meltdowns and important rage will be hilarious to watch.

I am in. Has potential to scratch the surface on a ton of issues that make people uncomfortable. I just hope they don't hold back and do it right.

shandy706

Did they just use nearly the same one liner in two different games in the same show?

This does look better than the last couple Far Cry games.

Liamc723

So this gameplay was supremely disappointing compared to what it looked like they were going for in the first trailer.

CheckMate

This sadly looks like it favoring multiplayer aspects then being a singe-play Farcry game.

Adding avatar characters were a mistake :L

Liamc723

Isn't this true with a lot of Far Cry games? I feel like the last one numbered one was like this.

None of them have gone for the attitude and the possible themes that initial trailer conveyed.

Apart from the first minute of the gameplay, that footage showed off literally none of it.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
the dog dies

giphy.gif

Lunar15

My only hang up is the Uncharted problem: it's hard for me to take the conflict seriously when you're killing potentially thousands of members of this cult in Montana. How big could this cult actually be?

Van Bur3n

I'm surprised they aren't showing more of the main antagonist like the last two Far Cry games. Those were the kind of characters that carried what was mostly mediocre or just plain bad stories.

Vaas and whatshisface from Far Cry 4 were prevalent in the promotion of the games they were in. Doesn't seem to be the case here with redneck hair bun dude.

Top Bottom