• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 5 Reviews

MayauMiao

100% based on Koresh and the Davidians, down to Seed claiming the conflict had opened the Seventh Seal and kicked off Armageddon. Some of the stuff Seed said during the opening cutscene could have come directly from Koresh's mouth.

And yes, the Davidians were a very diverse group, which apparently shocks some people.

I think its also based off Jim Jones of the Jonestown cult.

WaterAstro

I got burned on the last Farcry. It was so boring doing another Ubisoft collectahon with miserable context. This one seems more interesting, and there doesn't seem to be that much collecting going on. Anyone feel it?

I'm interested enough that I stopped watching streams. Just want to experience it myself. Hope it'll feel as good as Farcry 3.

Oh Eurogamer...
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-03-25-far-cry-5-review

So after Eurogamer's major bitching about lack of diversity in Kingdom Come, wanting diversity over history (then using 1 historian, not multiple like the devs, just 1, and a what if scenario to justify it), they now....bitch about diversity because they want fiction to match what they believe is reality, and to only shoot strait white males?

tumblr_n6amcdHPG71rliszto1_r1_500.gif
It makes more sense that there's diversity in current times, and less sense that there is diversity in the medieval ages. Seriously some conundrum going on at Eurogamer. Is it the same author?

It makes more sense that there's diversity in current times, and less sense that there is diversity in the medieval ages. Seriously some conundrum going on at Eurogamer. Is it the same author?
Looking up the Kingdom Come review, no. Kingdom Come was a senior editor while FC4 is just a "contributor". Makes it a little less stupid I guess.

This is the best far cry game. Tons to do, top notch graphics, interesting story and characters, great controls and feel, organic flow to missions, map design is the best in the series, lots of variety, great mission design, personality, and content. This game has it all and this is coming from someone who hasn't enjoyed any far cry game since part 2

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I got burned on the last Farcry. It was so boring doing another Ubisoft collectahon with miserable context. This one seems more interesting, and there doesn't seem to be that much collecting going on. Anyone feel it?

I'm interested enough that I stopped watching streams. Just want to experience it myself. Hope it'll feel as good as Farcry 3.
I haven't played enough to say whether or not I like it more than 3, but it is definitely different. I mean, it feels very much like another FC game and the formula hasn't changed much, but the collecting is certainly toned down.

J-Rod

Not complaining about it, but it is odd that you see a lot of minorities in the game that are as rare as unicorns in Montana, but I have yet to see any Native Americans which is a minority group you would actually find in Montana.

Top Bottom