• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 5 to get "a highly requested feature for next-gen consoles" as part of the 5th anniversary

I played this game at least twice all the way through including the DLC. I don't think I can do it again but 4k 60fps would be nice if I ever change my mind. They recently fixed Assassins Creed Syndicate for the ps5 and I would be more inclined to play that again since enough time has passed.

Ray tracing? How was it in FC6? I never played that game and probably never will but I enjoyed 5 and wish it had ray traced reflections to get rid of those rancid screen space reflections.

Rykan

It's going to be a framerate boost, in the same way that other Ubisoft titles like AC origins and Odyssey got one.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Delete button to free up that precious ssd space?
Cut the outposts from the game?

Oh My God Wow GIF by The Roku Channel

Saber

Gold Member
Would be a interesting feature. But what bothers me the most are some objects and textures poping up too close to the player.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Damn a lot of hate here. To me, FC5=FC3 >>>>>>>>>> all the rest, except the 6th cuz I havent played it, and dont think I will. Seems meh.

FC5 would've been quite amazing if it didn't force-feed combat down your throat literally 50 feet in every direction you go. No matter where you are, no matter what you do, the game will spawn an enemy randomly in front of you every x feet you traverse.

Once you notice the pattern it becomes extremely obnoxious.

They did the exact same thing in Ghost Recon Breakpoint. You can almost literally see the spawn radius appearing around you.

Bojji

I played this game at least twice all the way through including the DLC. I don't think I can do it again but 4k 60fps would be nice if I ever change my mind. They recently fixed Assassins Creed Syndicate for the ps5 and I would be more inclined to play that again since enough time has passed.

They fixed one bug but didn't unlock framerate, amazing...

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
FC5 would've been quite amazing if it didn't force-feed combat down your throat literally 50 feet in every direction you go. No matter where you are, no matter what you do, the game will spawn an enemy randomly in front of you every x feet you traverse.

They did the exact same thing in Ghost Recon Breakpoint. You can almost literally see the spawn radius appearing around you.

Its not as bad if you play with a friend, which I did. Im talking about FC5. As for Breakpoint, no idea, dont think Ill ever play it either, with or without friends because theres just something not clicking with me and I love stealth.

Salz01

It would be great to get a fps patch. Just hope I don’t have to install it on internal storage and keep it on my usb External.

Saber

Gold Member

I agree though honestly that wasn't that much of huge deal for me because the game didn't feel like FC4 where is basically the player against the world, where everything kills you. Wild animals mobs you with enemies and even friendly npcs can kills you because they barelly follow the street route and end up passing through you. One of worst FC experiences imo.

But what really frustastes me is the forced story sequences when you fill the progress bar and out of sudden someone puts you to sleep. Not only that but those stupid time trial story sequences. I find that approach really terrible.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
I agree though honestly that wasn't that much of huge deal for me because the game didn't feel like FC4 where is basically the player against the world, where everything kills you. Wild animals mobs you with enemies and even friendly npcs can kills you because they barelly follow the street route and end up passing through you. One of worst FC experiences imo.

But what really frustastes me is the forced story sequences when you fill the progress bar and out of sudden someone puts you to sleep. Not only that but stupid time trial story sequences. I find that approach really terrible.

I remember one instance where they were hunting me but I was in an airplane, and somehow the game decided to trigger the scripted sequence where I get put to sleep anyway. It was so goofy.

The game has way too many scripted moments where you get captured and have to escape.

Far Cry 5 is such a weird game. They did a lot of things right but they also made a lot of very weird choices.

Puscifer

I've been waiting for this a quite a while now.
I would say you're crazy but I'm going through it on PC right now it's SO MUCH FUN! I don't care what anyone says but it feels so good to shoot someone and not have a freaking life bar determine my skill level, I started to understand why the original Mass Effect got rid of this for 2 and 3

Kilau

Gold Member
FPS boost cuts resolution to 960x1080 while the 30fps mode is native 4K.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s less than 4K in an updated 60fps mode but anything above full HD will be a huge improvement.

I’ve held off in hopes of this update. Excited if it pans out.

Top Bottom