• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 6 - PC Preview Gameplay

rubhen925

Got a chance to check out some Far Cry 6 at an Ubisoft event. They let us capture the first couple hours of the game, but couldn't show off the opening as it has heavy spoilers. Here's some gameplay. I'll update the thread with more details and gameplay as the day goes on. Enjoy

- During the demo, I got to play the first 2 hours, and then they jumped us a couple hours to a different area on the map.
- Tons of resolver weapons (Special weapons like flamethrower, harpoon, electric shockwave etc)
- Hunting returns, but I couldn't skin animals, you just kill them and walk up to them to collect their meat and fur
- Horse Riding is a form of transportation
- your new weaponized backpack has different special abilities, rockets, flames, healing, EMP Shockwave, etc.
- Tons of weapon customizations
- Weapons are gained by finding them in enemy caches, or rewards for some missions.
- Saw alligator, rooster, and dog on wheels amigos. No footage of the dog was captured.....
- map is large, I spent 4 hours, and barely made a dent on the starting island and the location they skipped us to.
- Cars, boats, wingsuits, helicopters, parachuting, airplanes, return as form of transportation

That's it for now. If you guys have questions I can answer them. I'll update the thread as the day goes on.

Chicharron Rooster Amigo Gameplay:

Ubisoft's Xbox Series X Gameplay Stream:

Game World Map (Map of Yara):

Tank Combat & Driving:

Tostador Flamethrower Resolver Weapon Gameplay (This weapon has a special mission featuring it):

Last edited:

Derktron

Banned
I expected a bit more when it comes to visuals I guess it's because they are also focusing on last-gen but this is not what I expected. The story looks interesting, but the gameplay-wise it's a no for me dawg.

week wife GIF

Cravis

Looks good. I can’t wait. Ready to get lost in that world for weeks.

Any of the backpack upgrades add double jump? That’s one feature introduced in New Dawn I feel like I will really miss. It’s not realistic but hoped maybe it would be a backpack upgrade.

Klik

I expected a bit more when it comes to visuals I guess it's because they are also focusing on last-gen but this is not what I expected. The story looks interesting, but the gameplay-wise it's a no for me dawg.

week wife GIF
Yeah graphics is nice but nothing screams next gen visuals

rubhen925

Looks good. I can’t wait. Ready to get lost in that world for weeks.

Any of the backpack upgrades add double jump? That’s one feature introduced in New Dawn I feel like I will really miss. It’s not realistic but hoped maybe it would be a backpack upgrade.
There is a fire backpack that gives one extra boost on jump. Which propels you forward a bit. But no vertical boost.

Derktron

Banned
Yeah graphics is nice but nothing screams next gen visuals
Sorry but the graphics don't look good. I expected raytracing or something..........SOMETHING THAT IS NEXT-GEN FOR FUCK SAKES AND UBISOFT CONTINUES TO COPY AND PASTE. ------Rage over --- Sorry but yeah this game looks like a buy on sale type of game. I love Far Cry but this is not it and I'm not only talking about graphics but the gameplay itself screams copy and paste.

SJRB

Gold Member
Oof, those accents lol. Straight up Just Cause 2-tier.

But let's stay positive and say that yeah, it's exactly what you expect from a Far Cry sequel. What you see is what you get. Might be fun for a week or two, I suppose?

niilokin

gunfights seem really boring, no punch at all... fuck, one thing I'd like to see and hear shooter developers improve upon is the audio, theres only gun shot sounds and grunts, but a proper immersive firefight needs more IMPACT sounds, ricochet, bricks and rock shattered , wood blown through, casings hitting different surfaces etc.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Visuals need to stay according to spec that is reasonable until we stabilize so let them optimized for what we currently have for another year if need be.

Klik

Sorry but the graphics don't look good. I expected raytracing or something..........SOMETHING THAT IS NEXT-GEN FOR FUCK SAKES AND UBISOFT CONTINUES TO COPY AND PASTE. ------Rage over --- Sorry but yeah this game looks like a buy on sale type of game. I love Far Cry but this is not it and I'm not only talking about graphics but the gameplay itself screams copy and paste.
Well i do agree with you. Both PS5/XboxSeriesX have monster specs, its time for devs to stop being lazy, especially Ubisoft with their copy-paste games and finally start to make games looking like proper next gen we deserve.

Last edited:

AnotherOne

I dont think it looks that bad also you guys gota remember it's a crossgen game so don't expect to be blown away.

Well i do agree with you. Both PS5/XboxSeriesX have monster specs, its time for devs to stop being lazy, especially Ubisoft with their copy-paste games and finally start to make games looking like proper next gen we deserve.

WTF is this? :messenger_grinning_sweat: Game looks NOTHING like that .

ed: oh I saw the title, yeah.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Wow, underwhelming gfx. Total last gen game. What’s with the wall hacks? Can’t you please create and balance a game for immersion like fc2 was.

Will not pickup till deep deep sale

Neo_Geo

Banned
Looks like Ubisoft still does not understand what frametime is and delivers an inconsistently paced, juddery mess.

Not to mention the IQ looks like an above average Far Cry 3 overhaul. Put some fucking effort in, Ubisoft.

GymWolf

We need a topic with 20 reasons why far cry 6 looks like a data disc for fc5.

Last edited:

Ogbert

With the graphics, I think it's streaming at 1080p, so it's not going to look that good.

Not that it will be *amazing*, but it will look better than this showing.

SJRB

Gold Member
With the graphics, I think it's streaming at 1080p, so it's not going to look that good.

Not that it will be *amazing*, but it will look better than this showing.

Yeah every previewer was streaming 1080p through Parsec. The video quality will improve for sure, but the graphics themselves will probably not become much better than what we see in these videos.

Which kinda makes sense since it's a cross-generational title. But still kinda disappointing. Maybe PS5/Xbox will get a performance boost somewhere down the line? I dunno.

It's Far Cry 5... in tropics.

I really didn't like FC5 much...
So, like far cry 3?
Except for Far cry 1 (made by crytek), and 2 (has a different feel to it) all far cry games since 3 are pretty much the same.

"Look, an enemy outpost full of clueless enemies. You can go guns blazing or be stealthy. Now let's copy/paste the same thing multiple times across the map. Such a fresh approach to game design."

Top Bottom