• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 6 - PS5 Gameplay 4K HDR 60FPS (HD Texture Pack)

GHG

Gold Member
You were born with a chicken?

Damn right I was.

Big Chicken Aves GIF by Jason Clarke

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
The fact that they turned Far Cry into something like Saint's Row 3 is really, REALLY sad...

Got a chance to play this game early on the PS5. Here's some info.

- PS5 install size is 42.48 GB in english language
- HD Texture Pack is 26.05 GB
- All together with the ultimate DLC and stuff the total is 68>59 GB as of version 1.000.002
- The game has no modes. Only one. PR mentioned it supports 4K 60FPS.
- Gameplay wise the fps was smooth most of the time, but it does tend to screen tear at times when multiple explosions go off, but during cutscenes it can be inconsistent. Big drops here and there.
- In game HDR settings, can adjust luminoisty and peak HDR brightness, etc.
- Haptics are present. Vibrations, Triggers go wild when shooting, and you can feel the resistance when bullets fly out. When driving or horse riding you can feel the triggers show resistance as well as when climbing.
- A shit ton of accessibility options.
- No FOV slider on the PS5 version. Only on PC
- The big thing about this game is the new resolver weapons, supremo backpack and amigos. So far after 7 hours I got to unlock like 3 backpacks, 5-6 resolver weapons, and 2 amigos.
- Game is quite big. Story wise a friend mentioned if you blitz it can be beat in 20 hours. But doing everything in the world will take a looong time.
- There are coop missions called special ops once you reach one of the big areas after.
- Side missions are called Yaran Stories. Unlocking new amigos, finding eccentric NPCs to interact with, treasure hunts, all that is in there. A ton of them too.
- Along with a multitude of vehicles you can ride, you can now ride horses.
- My favourite new gameplay feature is the cockfighting. You can collect multiple new roosters and cockfight against others. CPU and Human. Gameplay is similar to fighting games like Tekken, but more basic lol.
- Basic attack, ranged attack, jump attack, dodge, and a super move. It's hilarious.
- I don't have much else to add since the PC Preview event.
- It's Far Cry, but more polished and fun new weapons to mess around with.
- I'm enjoying it a lot. That's all I have to say. If you expected anything other than Far Cry, well not sure what to say lmao.
- There is an in game photo mode that can be accessed by the options menu.
- One huge thing I wanted to mention is no option to save manually in this game. Only checkpoints and auto saves. If you mess up you can reload autosave. Stupidest thing I've seen all year.
- How tf do you make a game and forget to add the option to save manually...... wow.

If there's new stuff I encounter, I will add it. Cheers

PS5 4K HDR 60FPS Gameplay (HD Texture Pack)

Cockfighting Gameplay:

It looks like good old Far Cry fun. Framerate seems stable enough on PS5. I will probably pick.

I prefer the look and setting in Fc5 and 4. The new dawn or whatever it was called turned me off never got into it. Maybe I'll check it out on a deeep sale, or sub to the ubi thing and blast through some stuff.

I do want to support them for putting in cocj fighting. All it takes is one dork ass woke employee to make a fuss and I bet they would cut it. So glad its there

Rikkori

This looks to be another showpiece HDR title. Love to see it! Can't wait to get it on PC and enjoy proper FOV & RT. :goog_wink:

Last edited:

Rxq109

Neo Member
Is it possible to get 20 percent off on uplay using those points for this or do you have to wait more then three months?

nemiroff

Gold Member
Video title: "Far Cry 6 looks Amazing"

No, no it really doesn't. Will play this game but expected more.

Is it possible to get 20 percent off on uplay using those points for this or do you have to wait more then three months?

Not sure what points you're talking about but I bought FC6 on Ubisoft Connect earlier today and got 20% off by spending 100 U-points (yes, cheaper than both grey market and Epic Games)

Last edited:

Gold Member
Looks better than I was expecting, which probably says more about my low expectations than anything else :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I'll be picking this one up on Friday, should be good for a bit of co-op if nothing else!

Rxq109

Neo Member
Video title: "Far Cry 6 looks Amazing"

No, no it really doesn't. Will play this game but expected more.

Not sure what points you're talking about but I bought FC6 on Ubisoft Connect earlier today and got 20% off by spending 100 U-points (yes, cheaper than both grey market and Epic Games)
Hmm Doesn’t work for me, maybe since I’m in na?

Chiggs

3 months top I call it

You called it wrong.

I'm tempted to contact Ubisoft about this. It would not take my 20% off coupon that I redeemed with their points/coins. That was yesterday.

Edit: Nevermind, I see it also doesn't work for Rxq109 Rxq109 .

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member

Yep that looks like more modern far cry.

Only difference I can see is that gear dictates skills and survivability more than traditional leveling does.

Saiyan-Rox

Wait there's a separate HD texture pack?

Why? I mean could they not fit it on the disc? I hope I can download that before the game arrived but that's a weird way of having a quality mode what is the stats without the pack? 1080/60?

Kuranghi

Can you turn off the chromatic aberration vignette on the PS5? (maybe in accessibility if not the main settings).

Last edited:

Zones

For the most part, this game looks absolutely gorgeous.

Folks round here gotta stop being so irrationally biased just because they don't like the publisher.

elliot5

For the most part, this game looks absolutely gorgeous.

Folks round here gotta stop being so irrationally biased just because they don't like the publisher.
Yeah aside from some asset streaming issues and some bad lipsync in some cutscenes the general look of the game is really quite good.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Frame rate and resolution are a thing but mkay console gamerzzzz
Was talking about the overall presentation

The muddy textures on the street, poor aa and poor lightning

I think this game look even worse than far cry 5

Stop telling me what to do cos i also game on pc and you know nothing of me bro

Last edited:

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Screenshots look delicious almost like how the original Crysis was. I don't want to get my hopes up but man.

Top Bottom