• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 6 Runs at 4K and 60fps on PS5 and Xbox Series X

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Speaking to publication VGC in a new interview, Ubisoft Toronto's lead gameplay designer David Grivel said that Far Cry 6 is going to be a much better experience on next-gen platforms for those who do own one of the new consoles. To be more specific, Grivel confirmed the specs outright for these upgraded pieces of hardware. "One detail I can add about the new generation is that it allowed us to run the game at 60 FPS and in 4K, which is really cool," Grivel explained.

While Far Cry 6 might reach these benchmarks on PS5 and Xbox Series X, Grivel made sure to also note that those playing on last-gen platforms won't receive a lesser version of the game. "As we go in the next few weeks and months, we’ll definitely start showing more on different platforms," he made clear. "What I can say, and I cannot go so much in details about specs or things like that, is that both on previous generation and the new Xbox Series and PS5 generation, the game is running fine." No matter where you might look to play Far Cry 6, Grivel sounds confident that the final product will be well-optimized for all hardware, which is definitely encouraging.

Excess

2k upscaled is not a 4k ffs . Companies need to stop friggin flat out lying.
Was going to say this, but let's be honest. Every claim of this on console has been at some cost, either through checkerboarding or dynamic scaling.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Of course it runs at 4k 60 fps. It looks last gen as fuck and is clearly designed to run at 1080p 30 fps on last gen consoles.

That's why I find the 30 fps hate for Horizon so bizarre. You are not getting those visuals at 4k 60 fps. I hope they release a 1080p-1440p 60 fps version, but 30 fps is the price you pay for next gen visauls.

Of course it runs at 4k 60 fps. It looks last gen as fuck and is clearly designed to run at 1080p 30 fps on last gen consoles.

That's why I find the 30 fps hate for Horizon so bizarre. You are not getting those visuals at 4k 60 fps. I hope they release a 1080p-1440p 60 fps version, but 30 fps is the price you pay for next gen visauls.

Was Horizon native 4k?

If it was then 60fps will come easy on that game by dropping resolution and checkerboarding.

If it was already checkerboarded at 30, then nothing can be done.

Before these consoles launched I think most of us were saying "forget native 4K push the visuals and maybe the framerate while using faux k" and now that they do that people are complaining about it not being native lol. If you don't see the word "native" in front of 4K for a game this new gen just assume it's dynamic res or some form of reconstruction.

Last edited:

kyussman

I love me some Far Cry and this looked great....I've just pre-ordered the gold edition for PS5.....I don't have a PS5 but I want in on next gen goddammit!.....I'll have one by October won't I.....won't I?.....son of a bitch!

Kangx

I think it's the same engine as ac Valhalla and Fenix rising. If this is the case, which most likely, it's going to be dynamic 4k and average around 1440p. This game is going to favor the ps5 performance wise.

Chukhopops

Even if it’s something like 1620p / 1800p 60fps I’m happy. Recent Ubisoft games have all ranged from good (WD:L) to amazing (Fenyx) so I’m optimistic about this one.

I've always said if you care about resolutions and frame rates. You should ditch the consoles and head over to PC.

Top Bottom