• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry Primal announced: Trailer, PC/PS4/XB1, February 2016, $59.99

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ2iH57Fs3M

Ubisoft Montreal’s next Far Cry game is a Stone Age-era open world game called Far Cry Primal, and it launches for PS4 and Xbox One on February 23, 2016. A PC release will follow in March, 2016.

Set in 10,000 BC, Far Cry Primal follows Takkar, "a seasoned hunter and the last surviving member of his hunting group." As players survive in the land of Oros, "they will have to craft weapons and tools partly from the bones of slain beasts, hunt for food, master fire, fend off fierce predators and face off against other tribes to conquer Oros."

The debut trailer shows a small tribe of four stalking, hunting, and killing a herd of wooly mammoths before they’re attacked by a sabertooth tiger. Outposts (occupied by humans), spreading fires, and character upgrades return alongside new features, such as dead prey attracting new predators with its scent. The key art also suggests a sabertooth tiger companion for Takkar.

more at link

916jbNnLn0L._SL1500_.jpg

lock if old

Edit: Coming 2/23/2016

also RIP:

Brace yourselves, it's happening.. in 10 minutes. At least I hope so. It's their usual time for posting trailers on YT.

Doubtful

I'll bet my account on that

joecanada

can see the far cry elements in there. too early to tell if its different enough from far cry 4 to pick up right away... don't need to play far cry every year or so.

Im a bit disappointed it appears to be single player only... I really liked the co-op in Far Cry 4 despite the awful system they used to make it work. (Leaving your game then re-entering in a separate online one, was weird and awkward)

Gurish

Wait so it's a full retail game?
And another game to Q1 2016, this is insane, never seen anything like it.

Meader

I'd be interested to know if this is a game on the scale of something like a main-line Far Cry, or if its more of a smaller title like Blood Dragon.

antitrop

Extremely cautious about this one. I'm trying to imagine how the Far Cry gameplay would transfer over to this setting in any interesting way and I'm coming up completely short.

I hope they disregard any historical accuracy and stick some dinos in there.

Forget textbooks, use the Flintstones as the template.

Glass Rebel

Can't anyone say that Ubi aren't exploring interesting settings.

Sadly, if you've played FC3 and 4, you probably have already played this.

VanWinkle

I could definitely see myself getting this! I LOVE the idea. The world reminded me a lot of the little we've seen of Horizon Zero Dawn. Wonder who will have the better and bigger open world.

Top Bottom