• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry Primal |OT| The Land Before Towers

IvanJ

Banned
Damn, I'm 23 hours in and almost have all of the trophies. I played a bit of Far Cry 3 on the 360 (terrible, I know) but this is the first Far Cry game that I've really invested a significant amount of time in. I honestly love it and don't get the bad reviews, but anyway... shouldn't take me much longer to get all of the achievements.I think that getting 100% would probably take me about 35-40 hours.

Definitely going to get the previous entries in the franchise when they're on sale.
Edit: Sorry for the double post.

Most likely.
I am currently at 55% and about 22 hours of playtime.
I always play to reach 100% of in-game stats, regardless of the trophies involved, I have those turned off.

I just methodically go about cleaning up region by region, doing all missions and collectibles before moving to the next area. I find that the most entertaining.

I really enjoy the game, maybe even more than FC4 which I adored.

diamount

Banned
They should really disable crafting while in combat because there is no point in getting the extra capacity upgrades if you can do so on the fly. Maybe that is more of a hindrance for console players.

jonno394

My first hour with any Far Cry game, and I thoroughly enjoyed it so far. Prologue section taught me all the basics I needed to know, game world is lush and inviting. I jumped when attacked by a Jaguar so no idea how I will deal with when i'm attacked bya tiger in game!

Great stuff.

diamount

Banned
My first hour with any Far Cry game, and I thoroughly enjoyed it so far. Prologue section taught me all the basics I needed to know, game world is lush and inviting. I jumped when attacked by a Jaguar so no idea how I will deal with when i'm attacked bya tiger in game!

Great stuff.

Tame Sabertooth, and afk. He will wreck everything but those armored baddies.. and Mammoths. Mammoths will wreck his ass.

Tame Sabertooth, and afk. He will wreck everything but those armored baddies.. and Mammoths. Mammoths will wreck his ass.

Mammoths are complete assholes in this game. The one creature I pretty much avoided as much as possible. If you attack one, all the nearby Mammoths will make you their target, too.

SJRB

Gold Member
Sabretooth is garbage-tier because it doesn't have a single perk.

I'm rolling with my homie the white lion, he automatically marks any enemy within a 200 ft radius.

antitrop

I'm rolling with my homie the white lion, he automatically marks any enemy within a 200 ft radius.

Sabretooth perk is that other animals just run the fuck away at first sight. It's pretty much the best companion.

SJRB

Gold Member
Sabretooth perk is that other animals just run the fuck away at first sight. It's pretty much the best companion.

That's true, but this also happens with the cave lion [aside from sabretooth tigers and cave bears].

I roll with the lion unless I'm in extremely hostile territory. It saved my skin more than once notifying me of nearby enemies I otherwise never would've noticed. Which is really, really helpful because I'm basically doing a stealth, bow-only playthrough.

shiba5

Got the platinum. I enjoyed my time with this one and I think it was mostly the setting. I thought Far Cry 4 was thoroughly forgettable so I was pleasantly surprised.

Got the platinum. I enjoyed my time with this one and I think it was mostly the setting. I thought Far Cry 4 was thoroughly forgettable so I was pleasantly surprised.

Same. It was all about the setting. Hopefully this is the kind of thing they're planning for the Assassin's Creed series as well.

Malus

I pretty much just circle my owl over every enemy base and throw animals at them until I claim it lol. The ability for the owl to send animals feels overpowered. Incredibly safe without much drawback so long as you got some red leaves in reserve.

shiba5

The animals are so well animated and sound so good this time around that I genuinely feel bad killing them. :/

Yeah, but then this happens and I just laugh.

Cu9ullQ.jpg

Woo-Fu

Banned

Can you ride the white lion? Cruising around on a sabretooth is the fastest non-fast travel there is I believe.

SJRB

Gold Member
I HIGHLY recommend playing with the mini-map disabled.

It completely changes the dynamic of the game and makes you pay attention to your surroundings infinitely more than when staring at the corner of your screen for little red dots.

Give it a shot, it's worth it.

Animator

Sabertooth is MVP, I am never using another pet. It never gets old watching him pick up dead bodies and chew on them. Also every animal in the map go "nope" and run away when they see him. :3

I'm at 99,67% and I've done pretty much everything on the map. I might still miss one or two hunter's caches but my % never went up after picking them up, so I don't think they count for 100%. I will give it a few more hours and If I can't figure it out I will have to leave it at what it is.

shiba5

I'm at 99,67% and I've done pretty much everything on the map. I might still miss one or two hunter's caches but my % never went up after picking them up, so I don't think they count for 100%. I will give it a few more hours and If I can't figure it out I will have to leave it at what it is.

Have you been to the secret cave?

Lima

I did 100%. They don't count. I couldn't even pick some of the caches up after I've found them cause my pack was full of the items.

Freeman76

Am i missing something here guys? I did the mission that allows me to craft antidote for the poison mist,but cant find any way of actually crafting it. I have also upgraded the food effects skill, and cant figure how to craft food either lol. Am i being a dumbass?

raindoc

Am i missing something here guys? I did the mission that allows me to craft antidote for the poison mist,but cant find any way of actually crafting it. I have also upgraded the food effects skill, and cant figure how to craft food either lol. Am i being a dumbass?

D-Pad. Left.

Putty

Well I got to just under 30% completion bit I'm done with it now. Enjoyed my time but my interest level in continue simply disappeared. Still, 25hrs in means I got my money's worth. Sold on Amazon last night for £32.99. 8)

Joco

Holy Fuck that rhino spirit mission ! Turned it off. So frustrating

Worst part of the game for me so far. While I was playing it I couldn't help but wonder who among the developers actually thought that was fun.

Edit: Are there any DLC plans for this game? I'm surprised I haven't heard anything about a season pass or anything.

SJRB

Gold Member
Worst part of the game for me so far. While I was playing it I couldn't help but wonder who among the developers actually thought that was fun.

Stopped going to the guy's hut to take missions the moment I had to do a spirit mission where I fought hordes and hordes of Udam with a magic ice club. Tedious and way overstayed its welcome.

It's interesting how both Far Cry 4 and Primal have this annoying "other realm" missions, the Shangri-La missions in FC4 were tedious as hell too.

Guru-Guru

Banned
It's interesting how both Far Cry 4 and Primal have this annoying "other realm" missions, the Shangri-La missions in FC4 were tedious as hell too.
Yeah, I never really got the love that a lot of people had for the Shangri-La missions in FC4. Sure, visually they looked kinda cool, but the gameplay was really tedious and the missions themselves lasted way too long.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Edit: Are there any DLC plans for this game? I'm surprised I haven't heard anything about a season pass or anything.

I don't think so; the game doesn't have a Season Pass. The Apex Edition, which is essentially the Gold Edition as it includes "all digital content", just contains the following:

LEGEND OF THE MAMMOTH:
3 extra missions. Drink from the shaman's cup to play as the largest animal in Oros, the almighty mammoth. Feel your power as you stomp your enemies and defend your herd from other beasts and humans.

A NEW WEAPON, THE BLOOD SHASTI CLUB:
A bloodstained cudgel of bone and teeth wielded by Ull, the vicious leader of the Udam.

4 ENHANCEMENT PACKS
Offers early access to rare resources and unique customization options.

THE SABRETOOTH PACK:
Early access to animal hides for crafting + change a selection of the sabretooth tigers in Oros to the ferocious Flame Fang Sabretooths.

THE OWL PACK:
Early access to resources for crafting + decorate your arms with unique Wenja tribal paint + change the appearance of your owl companion, give him the dark feathers of a raging storm cloud.

THE MAMMOTH PACK:
Early access to an endurance-boosting recipe + change a selection of the mammoths in Oros to the mysterious Ash Back Mammoths.

THE BOMB PACK:
Early access to 2 extra string bags to increase your odds of survival.

The only campaign-expanding content there is the Legend of the Mammoth pack, which was also a pre-order bonus. Additionally, while the Steam version has a few private DLC apps, they appear to just be "dummy apps" for JP Uplay activation keys.

Top Bottom