• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry Primal |OT| The Land Before Towers

Klocker

Let my Blood Sabretooth stay home for a while... hard no HUD, and man it's actually a better game.... although I might call him in occasionally. Feels a little OP and less interactions with wild animals when he's tagging along.

He's fun don't get me wrong and necessary for some missions but in general, just wandering and hunting it's cool to go it alone'

drotahorror

Not sure if difficulty affects those riding the Mammoth DLC missions but it's basically impossible on Expert difficulty for me. I die so fast to the group of rhinos or w/e they were I can't remember and they take multiple hits to take down.

Animator

Let my Blood Sabretooth stay home for a while... hard no HUD, and man it's actually a better game.... although I might call him in occasionally. Feels a little OP and less interactions with wild animals when he's tagging along.

He's fun don't get me wrong and necessary for some missions but in general, just wandering and hunting it's cool to go it alone'

Yea animal companions make the game way too easy. Most of the time I am just trying to get kills before the sabertooth cleans up the entire base.

Rizific

how do i unlock the long bow? i already met jayma and got her hut to lv1. in the crafting menu, it says upgrade 0/1 and i havent learned how to craft it yet and i also dont have all the mats yet to craft it. do i need to gather the mats first? im assuing the mats are to upgrade it, not to initially craft it. am i wrong?

IvanJ

Banned
how do i unlock the long bow? i already met jayma and got her hut to lv1. in the crafting menu, it says upgrade 0/1 and i havent learned how to craft it yet and i also dont have all the mats yet to craft it. do i need to gather the mats first? im assuing the mats are to upgrade it, not to initially craft it. am i wrong?
You need the mats to create it, it does not upgrade later.

Not sure if difficulty affects those riding the Mammoth DLC missions but it's basically impossible on Expert difficulty for me. I die so fast to the group of rhinos or w/e they were I can't remember and they take multiple hits to take down.

1) You don't ride the mammoth in those missions. You ARE the mammoth.

2) I couldn't stand the first one, so I didn't bother to continue the mission string after that. They're just so bad.

Lima

Aren't those missions necessary to tame a mammoth?

You can't tame mammoths. You can only ride them after unlocking the beast rider skill from the skill menu. These missions are just preorder content and like always when it comes to such content pretty bad. Entirely optional though.

JohnDrake

You can't tame mammoths. You can only ride them after unlocking the beast rider skill from the skill menu. These missions are just preorder content and like always when it comes to such content pretty bad. Entirely optional though.

I managed to ride a mammoth a few times without finishing them, so I have no idea.

Thanks for the answers :)

I am thinking on getting this but I am trying to read some stuff about it (mainly how to get several important objects or how to tame animals).

IvanJ

Banned
It's worth noting that the times I did ride a mammoth, it was entirely story-related. I was kind of shocked that A) the "Ride" prompt appeared and B) the mammoth didn't freak out and become hostile when I approached.
I think it has to be a smaller mammoth. There are bigger ones that are dicks and stomp you as soon as they see you.

As for DLC missions, they are stupid and not necessary for the base game at all, but at least you get a lot of XP, enough for 2-3 skill points.
I did, however, do them at the beginning. Maybe it is wiser to keep them for later, when your population grows and you get 25-30% EXP boost.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Picked this up on a whim. Really glad I did, absolutely excellent game so far. The world really pulls you in.

Indeed. I'm playing on Hard and it's quite a fun game. The core loop is pretty addictive.

Visually, it's absolutely incredible. I'm surprised at how big of a jump from Far Cry 4 it is. I've got everything maxed out on PC (just 1080p) and it's beautiful. I don't think I've seen volumetric lighting and fog done so well before. It really adds a ton to the atmosphere.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Just ended the Krati/Batari sequence. So good, so very good.

Put on the mask and it starts playing Fever Ray's The Wolf. Bloodlust high, running through the temple, getting multi-spear takedowns left and right, culminating in that nasty(well, on expert you're a 1-hit to her bow) fight. EPIC. Felt like the mask was possessing me during most of that, creepy.

blakdeth

Am I correct in saying that the random "rescue Wenja" events only last for a limited time? That is, if I do not engage in the event within a predetermined amount of time, I will lose the opportunity?

shiba5

Am I correct in saying that the random "rescue Wenja" events only last for a limited time? That is, if I do not engage in the event within a predetermined amount of time, I will lose the opportunity?

Yeah, but they are reoccurring so don't feel like you have to stop whatever you're doing to save everyone.

SJRB

Gold Member
Thanks for the clarification. I feel guilty leaving a helpless Wenja to their fate, but sometimes I can't get to them in time.

You don't have to worry about that whatsoever, the game doesn't punish you in any way if you don't help them.

They're 100% optional, but they reward you with villagers if you do help.

shiba5

And I think it caps at 300 villagers so after that (if you even care to get the max) you can completely ignore their cries for help.

BouncyFrag

Just finished the
Batari
fight. It was fun, but the reinforcements called was getting old by the end of it as I was scrambling around for ammo, lol. The more I play this, the more I enjoy it. The character animations in cut scenes are incredible and help support the solid storyline of the game.

Ahhh I can't find the final outpost and it's driving me crazy! There's nothing showing on the map, but the Outpost trophy hasn't popped yet. Pretty sure I have one left. Can anyone help?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Really don't like this Urki character. Really feels out of place and the accent is just cringe-worthy.

Alebrije

Played yesterday on the hardest level did not had trouble , died a couple of times but managed to kill the "final boss"

It's a little tricky BTW...do not let them surround you and keep distance , run away from them turn around and run/hit toward them

TripOpt55

I finished it. It was pretty solid, but I preferred 3/4. I really like the options you have in combat in those games and they don't quite match up in this game. Still I had fun. Great atmosphere. Interesting setting. Animal pals are really fun. I started mostly using the jaguar early on and would still bring him out for stealth later. Then I switched to the special Sabertooth. Finally I settled with using the scarred bear. Using the owl to drop stuff on outposts was good too.

I only have a few trophies left (the skills one, 80 collectibles and slingshot kills I think), so I will grind them out next.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Really don't like this Urki character. Really feels out of place and the accent is just cringe-worthy.
That's sorta the point. He's the American guy everyone hates because he's super out of place.

Joco

I'm not sure if my game has glitched or I'm missing something. I've acquired 15/16 bonfires and captured 10 of the outposts. As far as story, I've completed everyone that appeared to me on the map
as far as completing a few of Dah's quests, not sure how many he has...

Do I need to complete more outposts or bonfires for more main quests to show up? None of the people I've brought back have anything new for me and I'm not sure if I'm missing something.

Edit: I also have yet to acquire the Izila person for my village.
I freed three sets of Wenja captives for a quest but it says I can't invade the temple until I complete some Krati mask quest. Which I haven't seen anywhere either.

Might as well post this:

Patch 1.02 notes.

Stability & Performance
Improved performance and stability
Fixed low occurrence specific crashes

Gameplay
Improved the overall difficulty of a mission
Fixed an edge case issue where the XP is not updated
Fixed issue where the kills from companion animals does not update under specific condition
Fixed a bug where a weapon switched automatically when using the speed boost
Fixed a rare issue where the player is vulnerable when trying to heal
Fixed a low occurrence issue where the player is unable to loot
Fixed an issue where the player can be teleport outside the mission zone when riding any animals
Fixed issues with Hardsave not functional if the user performs specific action
Fixed a trophy update issue when taming one of the beasts
Fixed a player’s movement issue when capturing an outpost
Fixed a 2 seconds freeze when player pauses the game during few specific animations
Fixed a waterfall effect issue during a cinematic
Fixed an edge case issue where the player cannot pet smaller companions
Fixed an issue where the “heal beast” and “ride” actions does not always work on sloping terrain
Fixed a blood trail visual issue when using the hunting vision

Lighting and FX
Fixed some lighting issues in specific areas

Wildlife and AI
Improved the AI navigation in a specific outpost
Fixed low occurrence navigation issues with the companions
Fixed some edge case animation issues with animals and companions

Missions/Activities/World
Fixed Missions and Activities blockers when performing specific actions
Fixed few spawning issues with the players and specific animals
Fixed an issue where the player can complete one of the mission twice
Fixed issues where the player can’t climb a vine when performing certain actions
Fixed edge case issues where the player can remain stuck if he interacts with stones and plants
Fixed an issue where the player is unable to fast travel
Fixed objective issues when performing specific actions
Fixed edge cases navigation issues in the World

Menu/UI/Map
Added an option to not show enemies in the minimap
Added a button to disable the HUD option
Added new tutorial page to match description and picture
Fixed an issue where a button is misplaced in the reward stash
Fixed some displaying issues with the HUD and the World Map
Fixed an issue where a fail prompt does not appear under specific conditions
Fixed an issue where the XP prompt remains present on the HUD
Fixed icons issues in specific activities
Fixed few minor issues where a waypoint is not displayed properly
Fixed an issue where the outpost counter does not update
Added a visual guideline for one of the achievements

Audio
Fixed a sound issue with burning fire during the playgo
Added a missing SFX during a specific Quick Time Event attack
Added a missing Audio line during a cinematic

Localization/Text
Fixed issues when subtitles go past menu borders in some languages
Fixed an issue where collectibles text can be overlapped by an event notification
Added missing subtitles when skipping a cinematic
Fixed incorrect messages appearing on screen after specific actions

Size:

PS4 : 577MB
XBONE : 570MB

Fixed an issue where the “heal beast” and “ride” actions does not always work on sloping terrain

Added an option to not show enemies in the minimap

These were my two biggest complaints. Definitely happy they added the ability to not show enemies on the mini map.

antitrop

That's a pretty solid patch. I'm impressed they were able to squeeze performance improvements in there, when the launch build was pretty much already locked 30 for the entire 20 hours I played the game.

Top Bottom