• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry Primal uses the same map (heavily updated) as Far Cry 4.

Lazy? Smart? Who cares?

For reference: Primal takes place in "Central Europe" while FC4 took place in Asia. And no, don't try the plate tectonics argument!

Per Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/48nmyi/far_cry_primal_uses_far_cry_4_map/

694DekQ.jpg

w5mW2xv.jpg

both lazy and smart because lazy means time saving and that is smart.

But yeah, everybody saw this as an extension being pushed as full priced retail

Disxo

Heightmap, not map.
I mean, wtf guys, would you even notice it without the article?

Edit:
Put the source.

Actually having a game set in the same place but in a vastly different time period is actually pretty interesting.

I'm fine with Devs reusing something like this. I mean, it's a landscape, it's just gives them a chance to focus on things other than the location.

I mean, yeah OK, it's fine too

it's the (relatively) budget interquel with a drastically different look and enough mechanical tweaks, hardly a bother

Zukkoyaki

I haven't played Primal yet but I highly doubt many would have noticed.

Honestly, I think it's kind of brilliant if it's aesthetically different enough.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I laughed

From what I've seen Primal is quite different in terms of the actual terrain and layout but this is funny.

Tohsaka

Is FCP 2 hours long like Blood Dragon? I haven't played it so why do people keep comparing it to Blood?

Presumably because it uses an unconventional setting and is not a numbered game. Primal is very much a full-length game in comparison to BD, though.

kencey

And how much does this DLC cost again ??
*sarcastic*

Will buy (maybe) when it's 50% off

Edit: Was looking at the reviews on Steam, mostly bad... like repetitive fetch quests ughhh who thought it was a good idea.

Who cares? Played both, didn't notice until it was pointed out and Primal's map feels way different then anything seen in Far Cry 4 in the actual game.

ironcreed

Banned
I haven't played Primal yet but I highly doubt many would have noticed.

Honestly, I think it's kind of brilliant if it's aesthetically different enough.

It is night and day different. The world is entirely unique and the game itself is quite different as well.

Kouriozan

Oh yeah, the joke about Ubisoft games are all the same with different graphics :lol
Not surprised otherwise it would have took longer for this game to be made.

ODDI

That's kinda.... Neat actually now if there are things that tie the two in a historic way that would be really cool.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
They did the same thing with Blood Dragon and 3 so... heh.

There's a slight price difference between Primal and Blood Dragon though.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, Primal to me seems like they really wanted to try and create something new and fresh. Even if you may feel it fell short on that, it's still nice to see Ubi experimenting, it's why I used to love them as a dev in the first place.

Top Bottom