Far Left Media ADMITS To LYING, Calls It "Success" And "GOOD JOB"

DeepEnigma

Dec 3, 2013
Vox co-founder straight up bragging.

"It's not about what's good for the American people. It's not about the fact that you'll have money to spend for you and your family... it's about the fact that they just don't want Trump to win." - Tim Pool

At the expense of the American people, be damned. Burn the MSM to the ground.

Edit: The Media’s Terrible Power Summed Up In One Statistic

Last edited:

Bang Learnedly

Neo Member
Mar 26, 2019
Do you make a thread each time this dude makes a video?

It seems like a majority of the video is just him regurgitated the DailyWire article, why not just post that?

Last edited:

monegames

Sep 26, 2014

"It's not about what's good for the American people. It's not about the fact that you'll have money to spend for you and your family... it's about the fact that they just don't want Trump to win [at the expense of Americans, be damned]"

Burn the MSM to the ground.
that quote should have been well known. the left media/activists have been hoping for an economic collapse since the election. Many even coming out and saying as much, like Bill Maher.

DeepEnigma

Dec 3, 2013
that quote should have been well known. the left media/activists have been hoping for an economic collapse since the election. Many even coming out and saying as much, like Bill Maher.
Bill "I have millions" Maher as well as other elites would love nothing more than an economic collapse. They then rule the roost even more so, but make sure you have enough walls built you claim you are against. ;)

Bang Learnedly

Neo Member
Mar 26, 2019
Do you have anything relevant to add, or does this make you feel insecure?
Haha! Not sure how you got insecurity out that, but OK. Just seems odd that you post so many threads of this guy who doesn't seem to have a large following. Again, if he's just going to talk about a single article for 12 minutes why not just post the article? How many people who read this thread are realistically going to watch a 12 minute long video when it would take a fraction of that time to read the source?

So no, not feeling particularly insecure, just wondering why you continue making threads for this guys videos.

DeepEnigma

Dec 3, 2013
Haha! Not sure how you got insecurity out that, but OK. Just seems odd that you post so many threads of this guy who doesn't seem to have a large following. Again, if he's just going to talk about a single article for 12 minutes why not just post the article? How many people who read this thread are realistically going to watch a 12 minute long video when it would take a fraction of that time to read the source?

So no, not feeling particularly insecure, just wondering why you continue making threads for this guys videos.
People can get the article if they want to read it (sometimes I post BOTH, prove me wrong), and others such as myself, multi-task and have it playing in the background... much like people do with NPR all day, when they could just, gasp, read the articles.

Sorry, it is not about you nor should I cater to you just because your attention span can't be had beyond 30 second clips, maybe, probably. And your comment about Tim Pool not having a lot of followers, wreaks of insecure projection, cognitive response if you will.

Are you threatened by him, something outside your worldview as it starts to crack a little?

Edit: PS, here is your article... do get back to us with your commentary, thanks.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/45794/medias-terrible-power-summed-one-statistic-michael-j-knowles

Last edited:

wzy

Dec 29, 2018
The Big Lie is the one you're believing already: the media is powerful. Every single "controversy" you read about is telling you this lie. If you stop falling for it they'll stop doing it.

Bang Learnedly

Neo Member
Mar 26, 2019
People can get the article if they want to read it (sometimes I post BOTH, prove me wrong), and others such as myself, multi-task and have it playing in the background... much like people do with NPR all day, when they could just, gasp, read the articles.

Sorry, it is not about you nor should I cater to you just because your attention span can't be had beyond 30 second clips, maybe, probably. And your comment about Tim Pool not having a lot of followers, wreaks of insecure projection, cognitive response if you will.

Are you threatened by him, something outside your worldview as it starts to crack a little?
To piss people like you off.
Why are so many posters here so dramatic? Not sure how I come across as pissed off. Self-reflect on your own propensity to jump immediately to "They're a liberal snowflake!" when someone doesn't overtly agree with you before you worry about others' insecurity (I never mentioned disagreeing with anything this Pool guy said).

Tim Pool not having a lot of followers was just an observation. Maybe he's big in the world of YouTube commentators, that's not how I get my news so I don't have much in a way of comparison. But he seems to have a fraction of the audience of popular creatures like JonTron, PewDiePie, Angry Joe, etc. When people post videos of those guys I don't think anything of it since I know they're popular. But it's a little odd that there's so many threads featuring the content of a relatively obscure channel, and that they're almost all posted by one user.

Maybe no one else finds this weird. I was just curious whether there was a reason.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Dec 3, 2013
JFC he brought in gaming geeks as a comparison to an actual Journalist. Just stop, you are out of your league on the subject as you most grossly admitted to.

Honk Honk

spandexmonkey

Dec 17, 2009
Memphis, TN
Comparing news to entertainment numbers is apples to oranges. I'm sure Disney pulls in more money and viewership than CNN, but that doesn't make CNN an obscure news source.

Bang Learnedly

Neo Member
Mar 26, 2019
JFC he brought in gaming geeks as a comparison to an actual Journalist. Just stop, you are out of your league on the subject as you most grossly admitted to.

Honk Honk
I'm not comparing their content at all. Like I said, I don't watch any YouTube channels for news. Maybe he has a remarkably large audience for that niche, I don't know. But based on the creators I am familiar with he seems relatively obscure.

Similarly, I don't bat an eye when people talk about J. K. Rowling, since, regardless of my personal feelings about her work, I know Harry Potter is incredibly popular. On the other hand, if I saw someone who had assigned themselves the position of George Saunders personal cheerleader, that would seem a little odd since, as talented as he is, he is relatively unknown by the general public. As much as a I enjoy George Saunders' writing, if I saw someone making a habit of starting conversations "Look what GS said about this!" "Look what GS said about that!" "GS said something about this too!!", I'd feel curious about why that was. Does that imply I think the works of J. K. Rowling and George Saunders are of equal value? I don't see how it would.

Beep Beep

Comparing news to entertainment numbers is apples to oranges. I'm sure Disney pulls in more money and viewership than CNN, but that doesn't make CNN an obscure news source.
I'm not sure, I get what you're saying but I imagine people who watch CNN likely watch it every day, whereas they may watch a Disney movie what, a few times a week max? Certainly most people have at least heard of both Disney and CNN though, even if they don't regularly watch their content.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Jun 3, 2013
Canada
Maybe no one else finds this weird. I was just curious whether there was a reason.
Perhaps specifically because they are videos he enjoys that he maybe assumes the rest of us have not seen, due to the channels low viewer/sub count.

I don't find it that weird that people recommend things they have enjoyed.

Bang Learnedly

Neo Member
Mar 26, 2019
Perhaps specifically because they are videos he enjoys that he maybe assumes the rest of us have not seen, due to the channels low viewer/sub count.

I don't find it that weird that people recommend things they have enjoyed.
That's understandable, but routinely starting a conversation with this one person's voice as the only source seems like more than a recommendation. I think it would be easy for people new to the forum to browse through Politics and quickly come to the conclusion that Tim Pool is GAF's official news source. And it's so regular that every time I see a DeepEnigma thread I can ask myself "Wonder what Tim Pool video will be in the OP" and usually have that quickly answered.

Anyway, thanks for answering without jumping to "You dare to ask about Tim Pool?! Liberal!!" If no one else sees anything funny about it, whatever. It's more amusing to me than anything that a huge portion of someone's posts are one YT channel's videos, but I'm not sure why anyone would get the impression it's genuinely worrisome.

Jun 26, 2018
Milwaukee, WI
That's understandable, but routinely starting a conversation with this one person's voice as the only source seems like more than a recommendation. I think it would be easy for people new to the forum to browse through Politics and quickly come to the conclusion that Tim Pool is GAF's official news source. And it's so regular that every time I see a DeepEnigma thread I can ask myself "Wonder what Tim Pool video will be in the OP" and usually have that quickly answered.

Anyway, thanks for answering without jumping to "You dare to ask about Tim Pool?! Liberal!!" If no one else sees anything funny about it, whatever. It's more amusing to me than anything that a huge portion of someone's posts are one YT channel's videos, but I'm not sure why anyone would get the impression it's genuinely worrisome.
I'm more worried that you seem to be so upset about it.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia

You’ve been here 2 minutes. Awfully presumptuous of you to be thread whinging when no one even knows who you are.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
Do you make a thread each time this dude makes a video?

It seems like a majority of the video is just him regurgitated the DailyWire article, why not just post that?
Tim pool makes like 5 videos a day covering most high profile issues of the day. He comes from a centrist left policy position with relatively far left fiscal positions and is wholly anti-war. Acting like he is a mouthpiece for the dailywire, which is a traditionally conservative media source is absurd. And of course you'll see him a lot here, the dude is a workhorse and a well respected investigative journalist that built up his career the hard way.

It's not his fault the far left abandoned him because he is anti-identitarian given he is mixed race and the far left have embraced identity politics whole heartedly.

Last edited:

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
Why are so many posters here so dramatic? Not sure how I come across as pissed off. Self-reflect on your own propensity to jump immediately to "They're a liberal snowflake!" when someone doesn't overtly agree with you before you worry about others' insecurity (I never mentioned disagreeing with anything this Pool guy said).

Tim Pool not having a lot of followers was just an observation. Maybe he's big in the world of YouTube commentators, that's not how I get my news so I don't have much in a way of comparison. But he seems to have a fraction of the audience of popular creatures like JonTron, PewDiePie, Angry Joe, etc. When people post videos of those guys I don't think anything of it since I know they're popular. But it's a little odd that there's so many threads featuring the content of a relatively obscure channel, and that they're almost all posted by one user.

338k subscribers and the video you are crying about has over 30k views in less than one day. He isn't small.

You came into this thread, tried to troll, and got clapped back. Not sure why you're crying

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
That Yglesias tweet is maddening. Messed up world we're living in when publicly bragging about successfully deceiving millions of people gets shrugged off and even applauded from some of those being deceived. The things people will accept so long as they're being used to hurt Trump...

Dec 15, 2011
What sort of person repeatedly comes into a thread to object to it's existence, thereby adding nothing constructive yet perpetuating the very existence being objected to?

Reminds me of a joke:

PATIENT: "Doctor! Doctor! It hurts when I do this!"

DOCTOR: "Don't do it then."

Weilthain

Aug 6, 2013
Tim pool is ok by me, but I don’t buy his “I’m a lefty” shtick when all he does is shit on the left. He literally just shits all over the left and does nothing else.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
Tim pool is ok by me, but I don’t buy his “I’m a lefty” shtick when all he does is shit on the left. He literally just shits all over the left and does nothing else.
My political compass is center-left libertarian, and Tim and I are typically on the same page.

Boss Mog

Dec 12, 2013
My political compass is center-left libertarian, and Tim and I are typically on the same page.
My political compass is actually quite left. I believe in nationalizing certain basic services including healthcare, education, utilities. I'm for limiting the power of private corporations and holding them accountable for knowingly hurting citizens in order to boost profits. I'm for social benefits for certain people under certain conditions. I would even support a universal basic income under certain conditions. I support gay marriage. All this amongst a plethora of other traditionally leftist views I share.

Unfortunately these days the left has changed so much that I have a hard time identifying with them. It has all become about separating people by race, gender, sexual orientation, religion and assigning everybody a victimhood score that determines, in the place of merit, if their arguments or valid or not. Through this system of identity politics, it seems that men, whites and jews are always bad and women, brown people and muslims are always good. Of course the facts often tell a very different story, but facts aren't important to the new regressive left.

BraveOne

Feb 2, 2017
But what is your balance between being critical of the left and being critical of the right? That's the real issue

If 90% of your post history is " look at this liberals hahaha" and maybe you have one "Fuck Trump" comment, I won't buy that line that you're a libertarian if you can only see the failings of one side and not the other. Not saying you specifically are but in Tim's case, that's the reality.

slugbahr

Jan 4, 2019
The edge of a circle
It is far more brave to criticize something you generally agree with, rather than supporting it blindly.

Support of an idea is automatically criticism of the opposite.

May 22, 2018
It is far more brave to criticize something you generally agree with, rather than supporting it blindly.
But there is a difference between criticizing and actively attacking/making fun of it. Its possible to do one without doing the other. If you do the latter more than the former then its easy to see how someone could start to make assumptions on your political leanings.

I think that might be something that @BraveOne is trying to get at. I could be wrong though. I am not trying to speak for him.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
May 22, 2018
But what is your balance between being critical of the left and being critical of the right? That's the real issue

If 90% of your post history is " look at this liberals hahaha" and maybe you have one "Fuck Trump" comment, I won't buy that line that you're a libertarian if you can only see the failings of one side and not the other. Not saying you specifically are but in Tim's case, that's the reality.
So you need to fuck trump multiple times?

slugbahr

Jan 4, 2019
The edge of a circle
But there is a difference between criticizing and actively attacking/making fun of it. Its possible to do one without doing the other. If you do the latter more than the former then its easy to see how someone could start to make assumptions on your political leanings.

I think that might be something that @BraveOne is trying to get at. I could be wrong though. I am not trying to speak for him.
To assume is to make an ass....

slugbahr

Jan 4, 2019
The edge of a circle
I'm not going to go thread searching for Tim Poole making fun of stuff.
I haven't seen it in the pic in op.
You find it for me if it's there or elsewhere.
Otherwise, all i see is criticism.

gunslikewhoa

Mar 3, 2014

I think the reason for that is because Tim feels like a man without a country. The left has lost their minds and Tim wants his liberals back.

He's not a "lefty" in the current sense. "Lefties" are insane.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Dec 12, 2013

Because these days the left is batshit crazy so they get the brunt of it. I bet if Tim had been around during the Bush (W) era, he would have been more critical of the right. I sure was at the time.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia

Assuming that the left and right must inherently be criticized in equal measures at any particular point in time is the same broken logic behind assuming that incarceration rates should be equal across parameters like race irrespective of perpetration rates. There is no fixed size pie that we are divvying up and apportioning to people based on political alignment. We judge on merit and rationality and right now there are severe problems with left ideology. As @Boss Mog said, it has become all about defining people by their group identity instead of treating them as individuals with free agency. It is just plain wrong. The criticism should flow where it is most required and right now, it is predominantly required on the left. There are no participation trophies in real life. You don’t get to win equally just by virtue of existing.

Boss Mog

Dec 12, 2013
And the right are grooming mass murderers.
Says the guy who supports the slaughter of my family and is constantly championing islam, which is responsible BY FAR for most acts of mass murder in modern times. Isn't islam on the left? They sure vote left every chance they get, makes you think...

May 22, 2018
Isn't islam on the left? They sure vote left every chance they get, makes you think...
And White Supremacists vote for the Right every chance they get, makes you think.....:unsure:

See I can do that too. If you plan on holding the Left accountable for who votes for them then you damn sure should the same to the Right. Because both sides have morons and extremists voting for them. That is something that is not unique to either "side". There are always idiots and extremists and both sides of any issue.

Last edited:

AfricanKing

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2017
Says the guy who supports the slaughter of my family and is constantly championing islam, which is responsible BY FAR for most acts of mass murder in modern times. Isn't islam on the left? They sure vote left every chance they get, makes you think...
Still crying because I liked a post that called you out cool. Being anti Islamophobia is not championing Islam. I'm an atheist so I dont care what people beleive in. People should be able to practice whatever without being discriminated as long its its not bringing danger to anyone.

Do you actually have stats for that last bit.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2011
Still crying because...
You endorsed a comment calling for the another community member and their family to be "slaughtered like cattle".

Your constant tactic of dismissing challenges to your agenda and relentless hypocrisy as some emotional fault of the challenger is a great example of why you have absolutely no integrity.

Boss Mog

Dec 12, 2013
Still crying because I liked a post that called you out cool. Being anti Islamophobia is not championing Islam. I'm an atheist so I dont care what people beleive in. People should be able to practice whatever without being discriminated as long its its not bringing danger to anyone.

Do you actually have stats for that last bit.
It's not about me crying, it's about me letting others know that you have and will always have the moral low-ground in an argument. None of the posters that you argue with regularly here would ever like a post that called for the slaughter of your family. Most would probably report it in fact. This shows a clear difference between us and you.

Contrarily to you, I actually DO care what people believe in and if a group of people believe that women should be treated like shit and have their genitals mutilated so they won't enjoy sex, that killing their daughters and sisters is somehow "honorable", that gays should be executed, that they have a right to force their barbaric views unto others and the list goes on and on but you get the idea , well then I don't want those people living in my country and trying to change its values.

Are you telling me you actually need stats to tell you that the vast majority of muslims vote to the left in Western countries? Talk about arguing in bad faith. While islam has little in common with the left since it's more akin to the far right (free islamic states were allied with the nazis during WW2 after all), they will vote left because the left will give them free money to do nothing and let them bring more muslims into the country, not because they believe in the ideals of the left. The second they are the majority, they will "Order 66" the left and implement islamic law with zero tolerance for anything else, like it's the case with almost all majority muslim countries in the world, where any minority is heavily persecuted.

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
I find myself in the same position as Tim Pool and a friend I speak with almost daily says the same about me that you just said about him. The explanation for that is quite simple: Over 90% of the news about Trump isn't just negative, it's often based on or accompanied by misleading statements and outright lies. Most people don't care, but I'm not one of those people. If you're going to bring up a story about how bad Trump is because Story X said so, then count on me to call out the errors with that story. Does that make me a Trump supporter? You could make that argument if you're so inclined, but I just see it as a desire to level the playing field - judge him on the facts, not the lies.

When it comes to stories about Democrats the opposite is true, the vast majority of the media often sweeps the negative aspects of those stories under the rug, refusing to criticize them with the same level of scrutiny as they criticize Trump/the GOP. It's that imbalance in the way the stories are covered that makes some of us seem more right-leaning than we really are.

Bang Learnedly

Neo Member
Mar 26, 2019
Tim pool makes like 5 videos a day covering most high profile issues of the day. He comes from a centrist left policy position with relatively far left fiscal positions and is wholly anti-war. Acting like he is a mouthpiece for the dailywire, which is a traditionally conservative media source is absurd. And of course you'll see him a lot here, the dude is a workhorse and a well respected investigative journalist that built up his career the hard way.

It's not his fault the far left abandoned him because he is anti-identitarian given he is mixed race and the far left have embraced identity politics whole heartedly.
I wasn't saying he is a mouthpiece for the Daily Wire, not sure how you got that from my post.

I'm just saying it makes more sense to me to just post a news article (any article, from any source) rather than a video of some guy discussing the article. I'm not personally in the habit of thinking "Oh, interesting news article... but what does Tim Pool have to say about this, that's what important."

I haven't seen his videos here outside of DeepEnigma's posts, if a bunch of people here are known fans of him that's all I needed to know.

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
This is about as relevant a thread as any to post this in, regarding the age of Trump and the media's role in influencing the masses meme-smith Carpe Donktum put out another fantastic video summing it up on Twitter:

• Love
Reactions: autoduelist