Far-right Proud Boys (not) classified by FBI as extremist group - "ties to white nationalism" (Updated: Read OP)

Jul 16, 2017
Nigger, nigger, nigger.
...Strange, seems to be working for me.

So am I a rascist now?
Last week you where hand waving Nazi signs today you've upgraded to calling other users Nigger.

It's understandable that sometimes discussion can get heated but to stoop that low is uncanny for the average person just for some internet points .

Feb 3, 2018
USA
Nigger is a noun , so who is it aimed at?

The word can only be used as a noun, so who or what are you describing as a nigger ?
I'm not describing anything. I'm saying a word and not prescribing it to anything.

Cracker, cracker, cracker... See how that works. Words hold no power unless you give them that power.

Feb 3, 2018
USA
Last week you where hand waving Nazi signs today you've upgraded to calling other users Nigger.

It's understandable that sometimes discussion can get heated but to stoop that low is uncanny for the average person just for some internet points .
Who am I calling a nigger? I hand waved you claiming young boys were literally Nazis for doing a wave or salute or whatever the context was.

Tell me how you really feel. You are clearly upset, how can I help?

Feb 2, 2017
I'm not describing anything. I'm saying a word and not prescribing it to anything.

Cracker, cracker, cracker... See how that works. Words hold no power unless you give them that power.
Nigger and Cracker are not in the same ball park.

Nigger is a racial slur , Cracker is not, infact cracker was not originally used by black people. Its a word other white people called white people.

One word is used and still is as a form of oppression. Words carry weigh , this has already been established . In 2017 a teen was convicted for talking her Boyfriend into killing himself. I'm sure she was thinking same .. "words hold no power"

They do and now your trying to hide it away with the cracker comment , its not working

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2017
Who am I calling a nigger? I hand waved you claiming young boys were literally Nazis for doing a wave or salute or whatever the context was.

Tell me how you really feel. You are clearly upset, how can I help?
Yeah sure just a hand wave ..

If you bothered to read instead of shitpot you would have seen me post this . But that's besides the point , you calling other users Nigger and trying to hide behind your words have no power bullshit is pure gold .

Nov 12, 2009
Not really sneaky at all. It's just facts.
Once again, nobody was contesting the point. Not sure why you guys keep emphasizing this like it was. Also it was indirect(therefore sneaky).
Considering that the poster it was aimed at spends 24 hours a day on here being a budget edge lord and trying to be clever with others, my sympathy is minimal.
That is fair. I was making an observation and people took it the wrong way. I think we can be more direct here instead of trying to play games with posters. Still not sure how my post was misconstrued by 3 people as me saying he was "wrong." Maybe it was defensiveness and people assume it was a counter point? Help me out here.

Apr 27, 2018
They're "Momma's Boys" only they think replacing "Momma" with "Proud" makes them cool.
I yield to the argument Antifa can go overboard, but "Momma's Boys" (I refuse to call them that stupid name) seemed evil from the beginning with no good intentions
And why didn't ANTIFA give you this impression at first? Was it the inciting violence or radical hatred?

Feb 3, 2018
USA
Yeah sure just a hand wave ..

If you bothered to read instead of shitpot you would have seen me post this . But that's besides the point , you calling other users Nigger and trying to hide behind your words have no power bullshit is pure gold .
Look pal. If I'm gonna call someone a bigger (I wouldn't) I would say "you are..."
Do you think I actually was calling another user that 3 times in a post? I'm sorry but you are wrong.

Jun 3, 2013
Canada

Nigger is a racial slur , Cracker is not...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracker_(pejorative)

Cracker, sometimes white cracker or "cracka", is a colloquial term for white people,[1] used especially for poor rural whites in the Southern United States. It is also at times used indiscriminately and pejoratively against any person of white background.
So it's a colloquial term, used indiscriminately and pejoratively against any person of a white background. How is that not a racial slur? It's included in this list of ethnic slurs on wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs

However, it is sometimes used in a neutral or positive context or self-descriptively with pride in reference to a native of Florida or Georgia (see Florida cracker and Georgia cracker).[2]
Kind of like nigger is lol

Last edited:

ipsi2

Neo Member
Nov 11, 2018
Hypocrisy when it comes to racism ? Who the fuck is having that argument
You called them assholes for being "racist." I pointed out people on the left being "racist," yet nobody on your side gave a shit (and still don't.) Point being, you don't get to cry about racism ever again until you start holding your own accountable. Get it?
Defence force for everything these days even white nationalism.

Typical case that we see in Gaf now , when your clutching for straws it's what about black people , built a stronger argument rather than using minorities as your get out of jail card
I think it's pretty telling that I provided 3 examples of leftists being racist towards whites, and all you want to do is cry about one of them being black.
Yes because Cracker carries the same weight that Nigger does...

Poor white poeple! Equality!!! Why can’t we use the N word?! REEEEEEEE
It's nice when your side drops the "equality" bullshit and admits "racism against whites isn't bad because reasons."

Nigger is a racial slur , Cracker is not
Typical leftist. "Racism against whites isn't even racism because reasons."

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2016
I'm sure Chris Matthews will be fired from MSNBC any day now...

I'm sure Seth Rogen will be banned from twitter any day now...

Bears mentioning, cracker isn't traditionally a racial slur, although that use has become more common. But for many people it's just synonymous with "redneck," or "trailer trash," particularly when the word is being used by an older white person. This is clearly the case in the Chris Matthews case, where he's saying "whether it's a cracker or someone more sophisticated.." He's not talking about race, there, he's talking about someone uneducated.

Jan 11, 2016
So it's a colloquial term, used indiscriminately and pejoratively against any person of a white background. How is that not a racial slur? It's included in this list of ethnic slurs on wikipedia
The older/more traditional usage is basically synonymous with "redneck," generally applied to white people but with a meaning beyond simply whiteness.

When used indiscriminately, it's a racial slur, and that usage seems to be getting more common among younger people esp. non-whites, but the word has more meaning than just that.

The N-word on the other hand, has no such history. It's meaning was simply a corruption of "negro," and the pejorative of blackness enough to make it an insult. Because of this, it's dehumanizing in a way that I don't think "cracker" is.

Jun 3, 2013
Canada
The older/more traditional usage is basically synonymous with "redneck," generally applied to white people but with a meaning beyond simply whiteness.

When used indiscriminately, it's a racial slur, and that usage seems to be getting more common among younger people esp. non-whites, but the word has more meaning than just that.

The N-word on the other hand, has no such history. It's meaning was simply a corruption of "negro," and the pejorative of blackness enough to make it an insult. Because of this, it's dehumanizing in a way that I don't think "cracker" is.
Sure, as I said earlier nigger is unquestionably the heavier word. But my point was to show that they are indeed both racial slurs.

ipsi2

Neo Member
Nov 11, 2018
One is always a racial slur, the other depends on context.
Either they're both racial slurs, or neither of them are. Really tired of this "well, uh, racial slurs against whites sometimes count and sometimes they don't" bullshit. Chris Matthews was using it to put down "uneducated whites." To put it another way, have you ever heard anybody use the term when referring to somebody other than "uneducated whites?"

Jan 11, 2016
Either they're both racial slurs, or neither of them are.
That's fucking stupid. If someone says "There's a chink in my sword" no one thinks it's a racial slur.

Some words have multiple meanings and others don't. That's not hypocritical, it's the English language, dude. Cracker can be a slur for whites or it can mean redneck, or it can mean a thin biscuit you put cheese on. Context.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2018
If you have a problem with cracker being nowhere near as hurtful and offensive as nigger then you need to take that up with the white people who made it so.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2018
Ireland
They're clearly a white supremacist gang, despite whatever disclaimers they put out there to the contrary. You don't co-sponsor events with neo-Nazi groups and invite them to your rallies repeatedly if you aren't aligned with their cause. If you've ever listened to any of these guys talk for 2 minutes, they're all obsessed with hating Jews, blacks, immigrants, and every other minority. They're a reactionary hate group.

And yeah, it's this kind of baby-ish contrarianism. "People complained about white people being bigots, so we're going to be super bigots!"
They have lots of black, Hispanic , asian and Samoan members... Ben Shapiro and the state of Isreal are supported by 99% of members and any members with racist, nazi or supremacist symbols are thrown out...

Oct 21, 2018
They have lots of black, Hispanic , asian and Samoan members... Ben Shapiro and the state of Isreal are supported by 99% of members and any members with racist, nazi or supremacist symbols are thrown out...
The leader and creator has expressed stated he believes that America should be a white ethnostate

Oct 25, 2018
New Hampshire, USA
Either they're both racial slurs, or neither of them are. Really tired of this "well, uh, racial slurs against whites sometimes count and sometimes they don't" bullshit. Chris Matthews was using it to put down "uneducated whites." To put it another way, have you ever heard anybody use the term when referring to somebody other than "uneducated whites?"
Well let’s hear from all those white people who have been systematically oppressed and enslaved in this country and where the word cracker would have connotations to that time period, in its use as a racial insult to demean and promote hatred

I’ll be waiting...

I’m not advocating black people should run around screaming cracker at anyone.

I’m also not saying I am fond of ANYONE using the word nigger due to its history. It’s undoubtedly my least favorite aspect of hip hop / rap and assocIated culture where it’s quite prevalent

That being said, if black people want to use that word in a non hateful way towards each other, so be it. Doesn’t mean it’s also ok for whites to. It’s about context especially in regards to the history of this country

Get over it. Black people can say the N word and white people can’t (without being either racist shitbags or extremely tone deaf AT BEST)

Big whoop I think white people will be fine

This whole “well they only want equality when...” bullshit is the same stuff peddled towards women. Oh you want equal pay? Cool then I should be ok to punch you in the face if we fight too!!!!

Like sure, die on that hill. Go ahead. hopefully alone because it’s such a stupid thing to be concerned about “but mah rights”

Black people get to use a word and you can’t, white people still come out ahead every day in this country.

Jan 11, 2016
But are they rejecting the ideologies, or are they strategically distancing themselves from problematic elements for fear of the repercussions?

When their leader is publishing articles in white supremacist magazines, hanging out with the nation's foremost white nationalist leader, publishing an essay titled "10 Things I Hate About Jews," denying the holocaust, and organizing and sponsoring events where they invite Neo-Nazis and the KKK, I think the reasonable conclusion is that they don't really seem to mind racism as much as they are saying what they need to say to skirt distinction as a hate group.

Also, they do not have "lots" of minority members. They have a small handful, mostly white hispanics. Mohammed Ali delivered a sympathetic keynote to the KKK, but that doesn't make them not racist. Black nationalists and white naitonalists actually share a common goal, but they're both racist.

If we want to be very precise and perhaps a bit pedantic, I think we can at least agree that Proud Boys are overwhelmingly sympathetic to the white nationalist cause.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2012
Except, you know, white people were never subjugated by the term "cracker" by a different race that had tremendous power over them for centuries.

It's almost as if you know absolutely nothing about American history, or refuse to apply that history to the valuations terms are given in the public sphere.

Last edited:

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff member
Sep 16, 2018
The thread is about the Proud Boys and the FBI's decision. If you would like to discuss racial slurs and who can or cannot use them, then please create a thread to do so. Otherwise, please keep it on topic.

Aug 25, 2018
This would be unfortunate. I was hopeful the Proud Boys were a legitimate cause for giving males pride of purpose. I imagined the left were simply besmirching the cause as they do with everything not conforming. However I’ve not had opportunity to pull the curtain back myself. Certainly they are multicultural.

Will need to read up on this.

Jan 12, 2018
Ireland
But are they rejecting the ideologies, or are they strategically distancing themselves from problematic elements for fear of the repercussions?

When their leader is publishing articles in white supremacist magazines, hanging out with the nation's foremost white nationalist leader, publishing an essay titled "10 Things I Hate About Jews," denying the holocaust, and organizing and sponsoring events where they invite Neo-Nazis and the KKK, I think the reasonable conclusion is that they don't really seem to mind racism as much as they are saying what they need to say to skirt distinction as a hate group.

Also, they do not have "lots" of minority members. They have a small handful, mostly white hispanics. Mohammed Ali delivered a sympathetic keynote to the KKK, but that doesn't make them not racist. Black nationalists and white naitonalists actually share a common goal, but they're both racist.

If we want to be very precise and perhaps a bit pedantic, I think we can at least agree that Proud Boys are overwhelmingly sympathetic to the white nationalist cause.
They are his own private actions, the group I believe conducts itself quite well and certainly not like a hate group...I would hope that a group like that could be judged on its own merits. Although McInnis was the founder of the group, he usually conducts himself as a provocateur and not the head of PB.

Aug 28, 2018
Proud boys are more of a retaliation group that emerged because of the hatred against males that has been blooming in the so called popular culture, hence the name "Proud Boys".

I've been watching Gavin McInnes (founder of Proud Boys) way before the group started and there's no evidence to support any of the claims of racism and misogyny.
He's married to a native American and has 3 children with her. White supremacists tend to hate race mixing, so that doesn't add up.
As for Misogyny (hatred of women) no evidence can be found. The only thing that some women might "take offense" with is that he suggested some women would be happier if they had children and stayed at home taking care of them (not enforced).

The worst thing they ever did was retaliate in self defense against antifa. A video of that went around and of course the political left made a big deal out of it and completely ignored all the violence on their side.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2018
Proud boys are more of a retaliation group that emerged because of the hatred against males that has been blooming in the so called popular culture, hence the name "Proud Boys".

I've been watching Gavin McInnes (founder of Proud Boys) way before the group started and there's no evidence to support any of the claims of racism and misogyny.
He's married to a native American and has 3 children with her. White supremacists tend to hate race mixing, so that doesn't add up.
As for Misogyny (hatred of women) no evidence can be found. The only thing that some women might "take offense" with is that he suggested some women would be happier if they had children and stayed at home taking care of them (not enforced).

The worst thing they ever did was retaliate in self defense against antifa. A video of that went around and of course the political left made a big deal out of it and completely ignored all the violence on their side.
I have a feeling this is true, what’s with the FBI matter however?

Zog

Oct 24, 2017

I guess people thought that males would never get tired of being shit on.

Jul 19, 2018
Trump needs to clean house in the FBI. He should fire all members with any connections to the SPLC, and ADL. And keep the propagandists at the ADL, and SPLC away from the FBI in the future. Proud Boys do a lot of good work protecting Trump supporters from Antifa goons at these demonstrations. It's a joke to label them an extreme hate group.

Jan 26, 2009
"Venerating the housewife"

More like reinstating the housewife because they long for a romanticized version of the past kek

Why would we take half the able bodied workers in our population and encourage them to be babysitters?
Because it’s good for the family unit. Children in families with two parents and who help displine, raise, and educate their children have children who are more likely to have good values, graduate high school leading to them being more likely to succeed. Most people would probably like to not have to work but work if they choose to also. That isn’t possible for most people any longer.