Far-right Proud Boys (not) classified by FBI as extremist group - "ties to white nationalism" (Updated: Read OP)

Oct 5, 2015
This thread is . . . something.

I don't know what we are even talking about, but I can say this. If you are white, never drop an n-bomb. Not in a song, not as a joke, not with or without the hard "r". Nothing. And I mean seriously, how bad does one person even want to say this? Its not even a fun word to say (like fuck...phonetically, that word is amazing...starts in the front of the lips and shoots all the way back in the throat for the vowel that you can really lean into, and then back to the mid mouth for the hard constant. Thats fun).

This is just the rules of the road. And honestly, its not a bad one.

Now, we can have a theoretical conversation about when prohibiting this word in such a way actually gives it more power, but thats more of a linguist discussion more so than a general rule of...Just don't ever say it.

Jul 5, 2018
I understood you perfectly....you are instituting that 1 race telling another race to not use the slur that insults them...is the right kind of racism...just like how the asshole shouldn't be mad if we make dead grand mother jokes....just cause he feels insulted...

I dunno why...but it seems like you are kinda confused

Edit: Basically your cutting out context inorder to make your point seem well made....but when you add context that were not talking racial slurs...and not just anything...it holds up not so well

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2011
And here goes another thread derailed for the next 3 pages
When people rely on distortion, misrepresentation and strawmen to make their arguments and think that repetition of these fallacies is going to make them any more credible, sure, you'll get worthless garbage ad nauseum.

Crying about having fallacies being called out, and creating new fallacies to make those tears look virtuous is merely doubling down on using fallacies.

I am not here to reinforce the walls of anyone's echo chamber.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2018
USA

Hey everyone it's trainedrage saying nigger over and over and over again to prove he's not really racist
Yeah if all I knew about Gavin was that clip then I would think he was a racist. Maybe he was being racist. Its hard to tell with absolutely zero context and 1 second clips.

However he is a comedian that thrives on making people outraged. I wish you could give me a clip that was actually him in context calling someone a nigger. I don't think him just saying the word makes him a racist. But that's my opinion.

Aug 12, 2008
Link

Have liberals gone too far or is the FBI justified?
If we are asking if liberals have gone too far, I think they took a poorly worded memo from Clark County and conflated a couple of things.

Here is an update:

Head of Oregon’s FBI: Bureau doesn’t designate Proud Boys as extremist group

The FBI has not designated the Proud Boys, whose members routinely appear at right-wing protests in downtown Portland, as an extremist group, Oregon’s top FBI agent said Tuesday.

The FBI never intended to do so when it briefed Clark County law enforcement leaders recently about regional threats, Special Agent in Charge Renn Cannon said during a wide-ranging meeting with media at the bureau’s Portland headquarters.

His comments directly counter an internal Clark County Sheriff’s Office memo that suggested otherwise and drew national attention.

Read more at the link:
https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/20...-designate-proud-boys-as-extremist-group.html

May 17, 2012
Canada
Tim Pool just did a video on the fact that Milo got banned from Patreon because of a loose affiliation to this group. The ban was because of an affiliation with hate groups based on these made up stories and the SPLC.

I am constantly warning that it is far to easy to label people. While I am not a fan of the proud boys or Milo I am even less of a fan of this type of activism to squash differing opinions.

Jan 13, 2018
It's pretty funny and honestly well deserved. The fact conservatives tend to band together and promote each other to such an absurd degree is a double edged knife. Milo probably only joined the proud boys because he was friends with Gavin McInness. He left at the exact same time Gavin dissociated from the proud boys.

Feb 22, 2018
This thread is . . . something.

I don't know what we are even talking about, but I can say this. If you are white, never drop an n-bomb.
If you're black, never say *word* or else. If you're Jewish, never say *word* or else. If you're female, never say *word* or else. If you're muslim, never say *word* or else.

Yes, they should all give in to terrorism and threats, because race/gender/ethnic identity defines your freedom of speech and action. Winning logic there. :messenger_expressionless:

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2018
That's fine. And yet...where is the consistency?

If I get called a cracker, are you a fan of me punching a black racist?

If the answer is yes, then we good. I get ya.
If you really think calling a white person a cracker and calling a black person the N-word are on the same level then we really do not have to talk to one another ever again.

Feb 22, 2018
There are levels now. I see. Who defines those levels, and where can I see the universally applicable, empirical evidence that lends basis to those levels? My guess is they change dramatically depending on location, history of said location, cultural sensibilities and local demographics. Why should a...Mongolian for example be forbidden from using that word when speaking to fellow Mongolians in Mongolian on Weibo?

You're free to not talk to me of course. No offense taken.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2015
If you're black, never say *word* or else. If you're Jewish, never say *word* or else. If you're female, never say *word* or else. If you're muslim, never say *word* or else.

Yes, they should all give in to terrorism and threats, because race/gender/ethnic identity defines your freedom of speech and action. Winning logic there. :messenger_expressionless:
It’s not logical. It’s just the rules of the road.

Feb 22, 2018
Sure it is not logical in most US cities. But you can say it in Belgrade, Cairo or Shenzhen without ill effect. That is my entire point. There is no universal gauge. Even here on the web in most places. 80% of internet users are not first English speakers, and 95% are not American.

Universal busy-body Morality, whether it be drawn from Radical Christianity or Marxism, is not a good thing. If somebody calls you a name or causes an offense, you react accordingly, on a case-by-case basis. You can't enshrine such things into all encompassing global laws, unless you want an oppressive police state, because it never stops at just word policing. Never.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2018
Canada
I don't think a white person just saying nigger/nigga is racist tbh. Preferably I'd rather no one be allowed to say it. If it's so offensive to us then why do we say it? It's pretty dumb in my opinion. Either nobody uses the word or everybody can use the word.

Dec 15, 2011
Yet it's implicitly encouraged and even explicitly accepted that physical assault is necessary, that social media account bans and even criminal charges should be the norm, as a result of certain words said by certain races.
I don’t know if I would say necessary but I definitely am a fan.
Hi @TayTay,

Can you clarify what you are referring to when you say "I definitely am a fan"?

Thanks.

EDIT:
Also, can you clarify what part of the original comment you are referring to when you mention "my right" ?
Without being labeled racist and having violence threatened against them?
That’s my right. Sorry free speech.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2017
He's a troll who stirs shit up for giggles, you guys really are a humorless bunch.

On the n word, who gives a fuck? This only seems to be a problem in the USA, can you idiots stop getting offended for everyone else?

I don't get it, even white guys get called the "n word" where I'm from, nobody cares.

Oct 21, 2018
He's a troll who stirs shit up for giggles, you guys really are a humorless bunch.

On the n word, who gives a fuck? This only seems to be a problem in the USA, can you idiots stop getting offended for everyone else?

I don't get it, even white guys get called the "n word" where I'm from, nobody cares.
She. Also I’m black. I’m “getting offended” for me and my entire community.

Jan 13, 2018
In somewhat related news, Sargon of Akkad and white nationalist James Allsup got taken off patreon lmao

Sargon frequently associated with the proud boys and I think he spoke at one of their rallies, Allsup was also buddies with them

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2018
If he calls a black person or people that, yeah, sure.
So you are telling me my literally black blood brothers who call me Nigga in a endearing way should I happen to slip up and call them Nigga back in an endearing way have a right to kick my ass or stand by and let a third party kick my ass?

Lol. Such progress.

Progressives... you sure you should be calling yourselves that?

Oct 21, 2018
So you are telling me my literally black blood brothers who call me Nigga in a endearing way should I happen to slip up and call them Nigga back in an endearing way have a right to kick my ass or stand by and let a third party kick my ass?

Lol. Such progress.

Progressives... you sure you should be calling yourselves that?
I call myself a militant or radical.