• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fargo - 10-episode limited series on FX - Thorton / Freeman - Premieres April 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fargo is one of my all-time favorite movies and I'm a huge fan of black comedy so I'm willing to see where this goes.

Although Key and Peele seem like a weird choice to me, I enjoy what I've seen of their show but they don't strike me as able to pull off black comedy (they've got African American comedy in the bag though).

TylerD

Fargo is one of my all-time favorite movies and I'm a huge fan of black comedy so I'm willing to see where this goes.

Although Key and Peele seem like a weird choice to me, I enjoy what I've seen of their show but they don't strike me as able to pull off black comedy (they've got African American comedy in the bag though).

+1

I fucking love Fargo. Such a masterful film.

They better do the accents or I'll be pissed. Yeah, they were over the top in the Fargo but they are funny and it came from a good place (the Coen Brothers are from Minnesota).
Yup, if the accents aren't in the TV show. I honestly don't know if I'll watch it. That's what I loved most about the movie

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Well, that's intriguing. Will definitely be giving it a shot.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Has Freeman ever done anything with an american accent?

The accents aren't too far off but what they really nailed were the phrases.

I never realized how much I say "yeah" as a response or acknowledgement until I saw this movie.

For sure.

Thanks a bunch.

Linius

This reminds me of the never ending stream of promos they did for The Bridge last year :p

But I have to hand it to them, most of them are pretty cool.

Burt

This is a show I so didn't care about until I learned the cast, and then it became one impossible to ignore.

Just saw one of the teasers the other day and had the exact same thing happen to me when I popped into this thread and saw who's in it.

I'd rate the freshman season around a 4 or 5 but I'll certainly be back for Season 2. I just expect better of FX at this point.

inm8num2

Billy Bob plus Martin Freeman is such an interesting pairing. At the very least this show will have great and possibly unusual chemistry between the leads.

Key and Peele are filming their parts now. He looks so happy to be there.
Keegan-Michael Key said:
Nice balmy day in Calgary -11 below. #fargo

XJ4El64.jpg

- Variety: U.K.’s Channel 4 Picks Up ‘Fargo’ Series
LONDON — Channel 4 has acquired the U.K. premiere broadcast rights to “Fargo,” the 10-part television series inspired by the Coen brothers’ film. It will air in the spring.

The series is an original adaptation by scribe Noah Hawley (“Bones,” “The Unusuals”), and is exec produced by Hawley, Warren Littlefield (“My Generation”), Joel and Ethan Coen, and Geyer Kosinski.

It is produced by MGM Television and FX Prods., with MGM serving as international distributor of the series outside of the U.S. and Canada. The series premieres in the U.S. on FX in April, and will air shortly after on Channel 4 in the U.K.

“Fargo” will follow a fresh crime and new characters, all entrenched in the dark humor and “Minnesota nice” that made the film a cult hit.

It stars Billy Bob Thornton as Lorne Malvo, a rootless, manipulative man who meets and forever changes the life of small town insurance salesman Lester Nygaard, played by Martin Freeman (“The Hobbit” trilogy, “Sherlock”).

Colin Hanks (“Dexter,” “Parkland”) plays Duluth Police Deputy Gus Grimly, a single dad who must choose between his own personal safety and his duty as a police officer when he comes face-to-face with a killer.

The cast is rounded out by Bob Odenkirk (“Breaking Bad”), who plays Deputy Bill Olson, a Bemidji deputy with seniority over his younger, smarter and more ambitious fellow deputy, Molly Solverson, played by Allison Tolman (“Sordid Lives”). Oliver Platt (“Frost/Nixon,” “The Big C”) plays Stavros Milos, the Supermarket King of Minnesota.

ErFgonc.jpg

That means nothing. That is like saying the next God of War will be excellent because of the CEO of Sony.

Originally they were supposed to do a polish on the first episode script, but apparently they liked it and said it didn't need it. Don't think they have any other direct involvement with the show.

Fletcher

As Fargo is one of my favorite films I will definitely at least give this a try.
Glad they are using the score as it's a fantastic score.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Wow, that looks promising. I can only hope they're trying for a Twin Peaks meets film-Fargo kind of atmosphere like the teasers seem to emit.

And they put just enough of Martin Freeman in that trailer that I couldn't tell what his accent was like, arggh. Guess I'll have to wait but it sounds like he's going for the Minnesota accent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom