• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fargo Season 3 - Full trailer up now - Premieres April 19th on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falchion

Can't wait for this. I recently watched season 1 and was absolutely blown away by how much I loved it and I've got season 2 queued up.

KodaRuss

Can't wait for this. I recently watched season 1 and was absolutely blown away by how much I loved it and I've got season 2 queued up.

Oh boy, you are in for a ride. Whenever I get into conversations with people about TV and they ask for what I would recommend, it is Fargo every time.

Cant wait for Season 3.

DoomGyver

I just blind bought S1 and S2 on friday and binge watched them over the weekend. Its quickly becoming one of my favorite tv shows. Cannot wait for S3.

Falchion

Oh boy, you are in for a ride. Whenever I get into conversations with people about TV and they ask for what I would recommend, it is Fargo every time.

Cant wait for Season 3.

As soon as I watched it I was like, 'I need to buy this for my parents', so my dad will be getting it for his birthday.

Jb

I'm also a huge fan of Stuhlbarg since I saw A Serious Man.

The cast is amazing but I am a tad worried about McGregor's ability to do a convincing American accent.

For my money this is the best non-HBO show.

Hopefully they re-air s2 soon so my parents get to watch it. They missed it the first time around and haven't been able to find it anywhere (without paying $2.99 per episode).
Hulu released S2 last week, it was glorious

aravuus

Looks much more promising than the second season did, I feel

Now I'm very excited. I gotta rewatch the first season soon.

LaneDS

Is this related to the first 2 seasons? any recurring character? looks like the 70s early 80s maybe?

This is set in 2010 I think? I think chronologically this is the most current of the three seasons so far and I'm sure there will be connections here and there.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Its really hard to stop myself from indulging in sneak peeks and stuff, gotta stop watching the trailer too.

Its really hard to stop myself from indulging in sneak peeks and stuff, gotta stop watching the trailer too.
Fortunately, they're pretty good about not spoiling much in the Fargo promos. It's just a few snappy lines and some basic premise stuff that's described in the logline anyway.

New art up on FX's website:

ccSuYKD.jpg

MCxAz6D.jpg

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'm looking forward to this, but it's gonna be almost impossible to beat or come close to season 2. That entire run was perfection.

cyba89

I'm looking forward to this, but it's gonna be almost impossible to beat or come close to season 2. That entire run was perfection.

True, but I already thought the same after season 1 so I'm open for surprises.

Trailers all look awesome and this will likely be my favorite show of the year again (tied with Better Call Saul).

meh. dunst was great and the gang war thing they had going on was fun but it lacked a lot of the tension of the first season. was more boring to get through overall tbh.

cast wise this show has never been better than it is now in season 3. but hopefully the season is as good or better than the first.

meh. dunst was great and the gang war thing they had going on was fun but it lacked a lot of the tension of the first season. was more boring to get through overall tbh.

cast wise this show has never been better than it is now in season 3. but hopefully the season is as good or better than the first.
Can't agree. Season 1 is dope, but the craftsmanship and just overall production of Season 2 is way better. It feels like a more confident, well made show in pretty much every regard in my opinion. The split screen thing, the bigger ensemble, ALIENS. Keith Carradine was missed tho.

dickroach

AHH! holy shit I had no idea this was coming on so soon.
I'm gonna stay away from looking at the trailer, but I'm excited. seasons 1+2 were so so so so good

-griffy-

Banned
Is S1 necessary to watch. Silly but I really hate Martin Freeman.

That would probably work in your favor for season 1, to be honest. S1 is essentially a sequel to season 2 in some ways, but the overall story is stand alone. Season 3 should be even more so.

- Indiewire review
As we’ve seen in the first two seasons, coincidence, fate, luck — whatever you want to call it — plays a major role in the battle between right versus wrong. Anything can happen to anyone, making for a tense first hour and what will undoubtedly be a fraught full season. And while “Fargo” is scary, the scares aren’t cheap — far from it. Rather than the “gotcha!” moments or gory abominations dominating studio horror franchises, what’s frightening in “Fargo” is a blend of good intentions and bad ideas escalating beyond control.

Yet unlike many horror films, what keeps us coming back to “Fargo” is that Hawley’s stories are always focused more on the good in people than the bad. We’re not tuning in to see the carnage, but to see who can escape it. “I think deep down we all have something positive inside us, don’t you think?” Gloria Burgle tells her son during the opening episode. And other than perhaps one obtuse character, it’s evident in the 65-minute premiere that this is true. There’s something good in each and every one of these Minnesotans, and we see enough of it to inspire hope that “something positive” can carry them through the horrors that lie ahead.

It’s a painful journey, but one that’s always proven rewarding. The first episode of Season 3 has given us no reason to think it won’t be worth the torment again.

Grade: A-

- EW review
The cast is superb. Winstead – on a roll of late with 10 Cloverfield Lane and BrainDead – takes it up yet another notch. Coon is commanding in her few moments in the premiere; I expect we’ll be talking more about her in the weeks to come. McGregor is out-of-the-box phenomenal. If he keeps getting material as good as the material Hawley feeds him in the premiere, this will go down as a massive triumph
I think Noah Hawley is one the most exciting storytellers working on television today, and Fargo seems poised to affirm that truth once more. Grade: A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom