• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Farming Simulator: Nintendo Switch Edition coming this November

Shiggy

- Focus Home Interactive is bringing Farming Simulator: Nintendo Switch Edition to Nintendo Switch on November 14 (Europe).
- The game is based on Farming Simulator 17
- Based on the product description, it lacks the content that is added with the platinum expansion, including the South America-based area. The platinum expansion/edition is launching on Xbox One, PS4 and PC also on November 14.
- Farming Simulator 18 is exclusive to iOS, Android, 3DS and Vita. Farming Simulator 19 will come to consoles again.

91gx4nBytdL._SL1500_.jpg
pac565580jigcs3c.jpg

pac565580poxwsgp.jpg

Discover the great world of virtual agriculture!

Face the challenges of a modern agriculture! Discover a vast, open world including a North America-inspired game environment packed with interesting agricultural tasks spread across hundreds of acres of land. Drive and service over 250 authentic agricultural vehicles and equipment from the portfolio of over 75 manufacturers, including brands such as Challenger, Fendt, Massey Ferguson and Valtra.

Harvest a variety of fruit varieties, take care of your farm animals, manage forestry and sell your agricultural products to continue to invest in your farm and expand your business steadily! Transport goods using trucks and trailers or load and drive trains to reach your destination.

Main features:
  • Manage your own farm in two huge game worlds: one from North America and one inspired by Eastern Europe
  • Harvest a variety of new fruit varieties (sunflower, soybeans and many more)
  • Transport your agricultural products with trucks and trailers or use the newly added trains, which you can drive yourself
  • Take care of your livestock, including pigs, cows, sheep and chickens
  • 250 genuine agricultural vehicles and machines from more than 75 manufacturers

Curious to see how this holds up performance-wise compared to the other console versions. Also wonder why they wouldn't include the Platinum expansion, or if they'll try to bring that to Switch later as DLC?

Any word on whether mods will be allowed on Switch? That was the big news for 17 on PS4/X1, but haven't heard anything about them coming to Switch too.

OryoN

I'm guessing this was the game that appeared - very briefly - in the January Nintendo Switch reveal montage?

Edit: Or maybe a different one? I could have sworn it had a more stylized/less realistic look. May have to revisit it.

This is a series I've always wanted to get into, but never had the time. Having it portable will definitely help me to get into it. Hoping for a US release.

OryoN

I believe the game requiring lots of farming to which you refer is the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Lol, you mean I don't have to steal other people's fruit and vegetables? :eek:

Edit: Thanks for the link Shiggy(saved me some trouble on mobile). Seems like that's the one.

dWEyA.gif

Spent more than 200 hours with FS games. Can't wait to finally play a proper game on my Switch!

Germany got the shaft with that green tractor tho.

Red tractor cover 4 lyfe

Fendt >>>>>> all the rest.

Of course I know that both Fendt and Massey Ferguson belong to AGCO...

Top Bottom