• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fast & Furious Crossroads

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Aug 13, 2017
The Bowery, Exodus
I'm a big movie nerd--a pretentious one, at that. But you know what action series I really enjoy? The Fast and the Furious. It's a great ride, absolutely bonkers action with a lot of heart, pulled together by a real strong ensemble.
This game looks pretty last-gen, which isn't a good sign when it comes to its production value, but it could still impress when more gameplay's shown. Here's hoping.
Coming to Steam, PS4, and XONE in May 2020.

Reactions: guzrog and EviLore

Dane

Jul 16, 2019
Made by slightlymad studios, unless they REALLY dropped their ball, it must be a gameplay over graphics game. Even so, coming from them who made PCars is completely off sounding.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Aug 13, 2017
The Bowery, Exodus
Made by slightlymad studios, unless they REALLY dropped their ball, it must be a gameplay over graphics game. Even so, coming from them who made PCars is completely off sounding.
My thoughts as well. After Project Cars, why is this game so visually unimpressive? Seems reminiscient of a time when licensed games were mostly cheap tie-ins. Oh, please don't be.

Dane

Jul 16, 2019
My thoughts as well. After Project Cars, why is this game so visually unimpressive? Seems reminiscient of a time when licensed games were mostly cheap tie-ins. Oh, please don't be.
I think its a small team making it, but even so, I bet part of the vehicles were already in PCARS.

MrCunningham

Jan 12, 2012
BC Canada
The problem is that the car models and vehicle physics look pretty good. but when the game shows anything else, it looks pretty bad. The vehicle portions may end up being pretty good, this character model looks like it came out of the pS2 generation.

Last edited:

brokenduck

Dec 20, 2018
Have no idea why they would give the title to slightly mad, they have no experience on making over the top action game and it shows. Animation is stiff and driving doesn’t seem fun at all. Why not give it to avalanche studios’ mad max team, they will at least do an OK job on this game.

Reactions: Trab-Pu-Kcip

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Aug 13, 2017
The Bowery, Exodus
Have no idea why they would give the title to slightly mad, they have no experience on making over the top action game and it shows. Animation is stiff and driving doesn’t seem fun at all. Why not give it to avalanche studios’ mad max team, they will at least do an OK job on this game.
Avalanche could do a superb job with Fast and Furious, yeah!
But I'd prefer they made another Mad Max. With the nemesis system! :)

Reactions: TurboSpeed

Stuart360

Sep 9, 2018
A bit of a weird game to finish the show on, especially one that looks so bad graphics wise.

Reactions: Husky

DiscoJer

Sep 26, 2009
St. Louis
The highly anticipated sequel.

Actually, I guess Bandai Namco still has the Fast and Furious game license. They also published Project Cars. I guess Bamco thought it would be best to hand off development to slightly Mad Studios.
That was actually a decent game. Just racing, you just free roamed around Tokyo racing other games. Not unlike the late Tokyo Xtreme Racer series, though not as good.

Reallink

Jan 7, 2008
The problem is that the car models and vehicle physics look pretty good. but when the game shows anything else, it looks pretty bad. The vehicle portions may end up being pretty good, this character model looks like it came out of the pS2 generation.

Took a whole generation, but the PS4/Xbone finally has its next-gen Wallguy and Frame City Killer.

Last edited:

scalman

Feb 6, 2019
What year is it ? 2010? Sms now belong to codemasters. Why it looks so bad. They should just cann this shit

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2013
Omaha, NE - USA
They need to hire some artists to work on the faces/animation. The characters barely have any texture to them. It reminds me of 360/PS3 open world character animations.

Boswollocks

and Ceramide R
Apr 19, 2019
Mars
This looks like someone was cleaning out the Bandai Namco PS2 studio and found this down the back of the sofa

• Triggered
Reactions: Husky

Mattyp

Gold Member
May 29, 2017
Should of just let Playground make a proper story expansion set on a LA island.

Nero_PR

Banned
Jun 17, 2019
That semi truck tipping over with no dust/smoke/sparks/sound/anything :messenger_tears_of_joy:
This and the alpha effects for the fire and explosions are last-gen hahaha. This game came from nowhere and will return to dust without anyone noticing. I feel bad for slightly mad studios.

jaysius

Oct 3, 2019
Stop giving it a hard time, to match Vin Disels incredible acting range they had to make it his face animate like a PS2 game, it's a sacrifice for the art!

• LOL
Reactions: Fbh and RScrewed

DS_Joost

Feb 16, 2018
This and the alpha effects for the fire and explosions are last-gen hahaha. This game came from nowhere and will return to dust without anyone noticing. I feel bad for slightly mad studios.
I don't. They should've ditched their loudmouth CEO a long time ago. This is karma for all the stupid shit that came from Ian Bell's mouth.