• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fast & Furious Spinoff w/ Statham and Rock is a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NastyBook

You motherfuckers are all gonna be so salty when the spinoff is called THE RUNDOWN 2.

I'll stop begging for it when I get it, fuckers.

DOWN

Banned
If you had asked me back when I saw and loved the first F&F movie, if I thought it would become one of the most successful and long running blockbuster franchises with its own spinoffs, I'd have said impossible. Hell, if you had asked me after Tokyo Drift, which I also loved, I'd have said the series was taking an unfortunate lean toward a direct to DVD future

Lyonaz

Hopefully Luke Evans joins them too, Hobbs and the Shaw brothers.
Make up some elaborate story about Deckard faking Han's death for a Thanos-like villain
Johnny Tran

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Going the Star Wars route... We will probably have main series and spinoffs trade places every other year.

Nothing stops this car.

My girlfriend was a fan of the earlier more grounded and emotionally oriented entries in the series, I was not. I didn't really start enjoying them until the Rock showed up and things got silly (though I still don't have strong feelings either way). As the series strays farther and farther from its roots, I often joked with my girlfriend that her series was slowly turning into my series. When we watched the ridiculous submarine teaser, I laughed and she mourned. Neither of us have seen the movie, she hasn't decided yet if she can bring herself to even watch it (and I don't care enough to seek it out on my own).

Because I'm a nuisance, I teased her that they should just fire Vin and go full Schwarzenegger with Dwayne.

Sorry, girlfriend. The time has come.

My girlfriend was a fan of the earlier more grounded and emotionally oriented entries in the series, I was not. I didn't really start enjoying them until the Rock showed up (though I still don't have strong feelings either way). As the series strays farther and farther from its roots, I often joked with my girlfriend that her series was slowly turning into my series. When we watched the ridiculous submarine teaser, I laughed and she mourned.
Because I'm a nuisance, I teased her that they should just fire Vin and go full Schwarzenegger with Dwayne.

Sorry, girlfriend. The time has come.

The funny thing is that I am kind of on the same wavelength of your girlfriend, but as long as the series knew what it was and went into it I still loved it. I hated 4 because of that and I felt like the prison scene was the most FF feeling scene in most of 8, so if they turn that one scene into a whole movie I'm all for it.

Syriel

I'd rather have a Tej and Roman spin off.

Two_fast_two_furious_ver5.jpg

is Han a big meme? Why do people want him so bad lol

Han was simply a kickass character.

Knew it! They were way too good in the prison scene.

What's with the Vin hate? Ya'll haters greener then they money he his counting lol!

Rock and him squashed the beef and this is a spin off. Still have two mainline films to go. They have not gone to space yet and Han is still in a bio-genesis chamber completing the regeneration process. We still have a ways to go.

Vin will probably be a producer of this, so he'll get plenty of cash anyway.

This is great news. Johnson is superb and needs to stay with the series. I didn't want to see him leave because of a disagreement with one or several members of the cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom