• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fast & Furious Spinoff w/ Statham and Rock is a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoe

The sad part for Vin at least is his the least interesting character in these movies now.

Others have surpassed him. The Rock definitely has in fact if Vin wasn't in the next film I doubt many people would be upset.

It's pretty telling when the commercials show less of him than anyone else.

The sad part for Vin at least is his the least interesting character in these movies now.

Others have surpassed him. The Rock definitely has in fact if Vin wasn't in the next film I doubt many people would be upset.

He kind of looks like shit in F8. He looks like that uncle that was jacked in the past but then drank too much and now is just kind of swollen and tired, kind of like Steven Seagal before he got on cardiac arrest watch. Not something extreme, but definitely noticeable and it's kind of hard to be the lead in movies like this when it looks like you want to go fast and furiously to a fucking McDonald's.

Zoe

Funnily enough, it was Justin Lin's idea to kill him off, and the Fast producer wishes he had been able to talk Lin out of it.

Oh oh, I know. Ben finds out about Han's death and feels guilty about contributing to his high-risk life that lead to his death. He goes to Daric, who joined the FBI so he could cover everyone's tracks in case Steve's body is ever found, to track down the guy responsible for Han's death so that Virgil is taken care of for the rest of his life. They can't do that alone though, so they have to bring in Ben's distant cousin...

Johnny Tran.

OldMan

Banned

That's true as well. I think The Rock and Jason play versions of themselves that people like to see. The imbue the film with energy. Vin brings it too a crawl.
Totally disagree. Vin being the villain for the most part of F8 was one of the highlights for me. Besides there's been other Furious movies without him in it.
220px-Two_fast_two_furious_ver5.jpg

"while they are figuring the next Fast film".

Is that a typo for 'while they are filming the next Fast film?

Very excited for this though, they had great chemistry in F8.

mooncakes

There seems to be a lot more backlash regarding Han death

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...furious-han-jason-statham-20170420-story.html

After all, Diesel fought to write Michelle Rodriguez’s character back into canon with a bad case of amnesia following her character’s onscreen death. Couldn’t he also resurrect Han — again — from that fiery demise on the streets of Shibuya? “I have a lot of power,” Diesel smiled. “I don’t have all the power.”

And you know,” he added carefully, hinting that the next two sequels will retroactively revisit the circumstances of Han’s death, “that whole episode has not fully detailed exactly what happened. I’m not going to say anything more than that! But [writer-producer Chris Morgan] likes to annoy the fans and please the fans and get all these angry protests. So, more to come.

Justice for Han … justice for Han,” he repeated, turning the words over, carefully considering their meaning. “I think you’ll learn a lot more about it, and I don’t know if that hashtag will be the appropriate one to put on it down the road. But I can tell you this: We will definitely be talking more about Han.”

riotous

Banned
NeoGAF: Another sequel or remake? Hollywood has no orginali..... oh, it's Fast and the Furious or a Marvel movie? PUT IT IN MY VEINS!

:)

NeoGAF: Another sequel or remake? Hollywood has no orginali..... oh, it's Fast and the Furious or a Marvel movie? PUT IT IN MY VEINS!

NEOGAF is not some monolithic single mind, as evidenced by the daily discourse.

There are plenty of people that wish these films would end.

I am not one of them.

Tom Nook

This is how you do it. 2 films.

The Fast : starring Vin and his crew.

The Furious : starring Rock and Statham.

Beginning of the FFCU. (Fast and Furious Cinematic Universe)

Vin and his crew do a few movies while Rock/Statham do their movies. Then an enemy so big it needs both teams to fight it .....IN SPACE!

They should go up against a biker gang to differentiate it from cars. Jason Momoa as the biker gang leader, with Ice Cube as his #2 to bring in the Torque connection.

Dude is just a modern dad, staying home taking care of the kids while Mia is taking care of business.

Mia:"Honey, Dom needs my help saving the world. You gonna be OK playing Minecraft with the kids?"

<back of Caleb Walker's head nods; waves Mia away>

Mia: "OK, I love you. Juice boxes and graham crackers are on the kitchen counter. I will be back ASAP."

"while they are figuring the next Fast film".

Is that a typo for 'while they are filming the next Fast film?

Very excited for this though, they had great chemistry in F8.
I think they're trying to figure out where to take F9 and this idea is a whole lot more developed than F9 so it's being used as a stopgap a la the Anthology Star Wars films and the mainline ones.

ShdwDrake

Banned

This big thing is that most sequels and movies can't get to the entertainment value of F&F or the Marvel movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom