• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FAST Racing Neo (Wii U) : first screenshot

Porcile

That aliasing! Although, Wii U games look terrible in screenshots and awesome on my TV, jaggies or no jaggies.

Wat. The graphics are in no way mindblowing enough to warrant a drop to 30 FPS.

Is everyone seeing the same screenshots I am? Simple geometry, upscaled, jaggies out the ass? I mean, it has to be 60.

I think you're underselling what they have achieved. The only thing that I agree with you on is that there are a lot of jaggies. I don't really get how the geometry is simple though, we've barely seen anything and what we have seen is pretty standard for a futuristic racer.

TAS

Amazing! Enjoy is boyz. This looks to be the closest thing we will get to a new F-Zero game.

MilesTeg

Banned
Part of me wonders if they are planning to release this on PS4 too, like Nano Assault Neo. It would definitely be 1080p/60fps if they do.

I hope they offer split screen multiplayer with Gamepad+TV like NAN. That is such a good feature and it worked great. It would be amazing in a racing game too, just like it was in a SHMUP and an FPS (CoD).

doofy102

After Neo-Assault, buying this is a no brainer for me. These are damn good devs. Do they have stuff on the Wii marketplace that's worth downloading?

rjc571

Banned
After Neo-Assault, buying this is a no brainer for me. These are damn good devs. Do they have stuff on the Wii marketplace that's worth downloading?

Yep, the original FAST Racing League was a great game, and Jett Rocket is really good as well if you enjoy 3D platformers. Art of Balance is probably their best game, but it's getting ported to the Wii U with extra content so you'd be better off waiting for that.

krizzx

The part that still get me, though is that this is just a racing game. The environment look better than most sandbox games I've seen on consoles.

Racing games are known for having most effort put into cars, and little into environment. So just how much more is the Wii U capable of than what have been led to believe by all of the bad ports?

I wish Shin'en would make an RPG.

rjc571

Banned
I have to admit, I'm pretty impressed that they got it to run at 60 fps even with pointless wall crease shadows SSAO enabled. That's usually a framerate killer on low-end hardware.

Mlatador

Banned
This one screenshot at a time that doesn't even show a gameplay scene is annoying me. I'd much rather see nothing and then get blown away by a screenshot blowout & a gameplay trailer, because that would create hype.

Funny how people forget that it is 60fps and that is hard to achieve, and this is Wii U by a small team.

Good job Shinen, now we want more!!

Funny how people forget that it is 60fps and that is hard to achieve, and this is Wii U by a small team.

Good job Shinen, now we want more!!

It's not that they forget, they're uninformed and uninterested, with a goal shit up the thread.

What I'm also hoping, is that vehicles have reflections, real time would nice.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Why is no one discussing this picture? The vegetation and shading look delicious. You can see the moss on the trees in the distance.

FastRacingNeo3.jpg

Why all the focus on just that one segment of the other pictures?
wait, more pictures were released, you guys should have made another thread or something

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
They already said it'll be 60fps. That was part of the hold up. They had to work on their engine and were having trouble getting it to 60fps, but then they had a major break through. They tweeted about all of this over the Summer.

So now they can move ahead with the project. That's also why we are finally getting solid info.

Yep, the original FAST Racing League was a great game, and Jett Rocket is really good as well if you enjoy 3D platformers. Art of Balance is probably their best game, but it's getting ported to the Wii U with extra content so you'd be better off waiting for that.

Art of Balance is one of their better properties and it's soon coming out for WiiU too.

It came out yesterday (in Europe at least)

Davey Cakes

They already said it'll be 60fps. That was part of the hold up. They had to work on their engine and were having trouble getting it to 60fps, but then they had a major break through. They tweeted about all of this over the Summer.

So now they can move ahead with the project. That's also why we are finally getting solid info.
To be honest, this makes me REALLY HAPPY.

Happy about games in general.

It's nice that Shin'en was so set on 60fps that they worked on it hard enough to the point of having a breakthrough. They didn't give up. They knew this game had to be 60fps.

They understood. :D

Hey, look at that shot in the forest, you can see signs saying "Arc Labs", and they feature a woman on it with a sort of realistic design. Shin'en almost never design humans (or characters to begin with) and I think they only did so in Jett Rocket.

Meesh

Nice new pics, I keep expecting to see dinosaurs pop out of the jungle one. Will buy day 1 cuz F-Zero sure as hell will never happen.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Only thing that worries me is it's basically October with no gameplay footage shown.

I don't see how they get this out before the end of the year when nobody's seen the game actually running yet.

Hope this is better than the Wii game. Which was alright, but I had a problem with some of the course designs. Specifically when they would place an object/obstruction in the middle of the course just to make it "more challenging." It was simply more annoying.

jackal27

Banned
Can we just stop expecting Wii U games to run at 1080p like seriously the console has been out long enough we know what it can and can't do. You might find some 2d platformer and that's about it. Windwaker was a gamecube port. Anyway on topic this is day 1.

60fps is the real deal for me. I'm not sure I can ever go back to 30 after playing so many games at 60 for the last few months.

krizzx

I want to know if they've used tesselation. I remember them saying that they were going to use the Wii U's Tesselator in an upcoming game.

FAST Racing Neo GAF

Probably the most obvious. Wish Nintendo would collaborate with them. Nintendo can tweak the controls and gameplay, Shinen does graphics. Maybe outsource some work to them?

Lol, Nintendo could have easily dropped in probably and pulled a Dinosaur Planet - Star Fox Adventures rebranded and make this a F Zero game.

But to all, this is more Wipeout: Environment over Speed it seems

F Zero is all about speed

Top Bottom