• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FAST Racing Neo (Wii U) - Jack Merluzzi voice actor

jariw

Jack Merluzzi (from F-Zero GX) will be the voice actor in FAST Racing Neo (for the Wii U). Manfred from Shin'en posted this on NintendoLife's Wii U eShop forum:

Manfred said:
Hi,

we are working high speed to deliver you the greatest scifi racer ever by end of the year. We currently fine tune the higher leagues and finalize some other important stuff.

One thing that might make you happy is that Mr. Jack Merluzzi will be the voice actor for the game.
He is just perfect for the job http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1474206/

Best
Manfred
Shin'en
http://fast.shinen.com/neo/

and

Manfred said:
Yeah, there is an announcer for all tracks and vehicles. Also when you finished a race and on many other occasions.
Mr. Merluzzi showed his amazing talent already in games like Tekken or FZero-GX

neto

That is awesome, is he the one that voiced the menus on fzgx? Can they ask what the hell does he says in the top speed/acceleration screen? I have never understood that

Lettuce

"WOOOAH YOUR WAY OUT IN FRONT!"

This is excellent news....but i never knew it was an actual real persons voice!?

Overside

Banned
Nice.

Should do a track that plays from the cockpit view of what the driver would actually be saying.

hmmm....

Or maybe not... If I was actually in the cockpit of one f those death traps I think my vocabulary would mostly consist of 'oh shit' 'oh fuck me' and the wet sounds of involuntary defecation.

RedToad64

That is awesome, is he the one that voiced the menus on fzgx? Can they ask what the hell does he says in the top speed/acceleration screen? I have never understood that
"Choose your vehicle performance" or something like that.

EDIT: Listening to it again, I think he says "Graph your vehicle performance."

Ogodei

Nintendo really just needs to license F-Zero on top of this game.

Either that or hire these people to make their next game as an F-Zero. Still an eShop game, slightly larger budget, much more publicity.

Ezalc

"We don't want to make F-Zero, we'd rather work on our own IP"

>Makes F-Zero

My frothing demand for this game increases

This game doesn't look anywhere near as good as F-Zero, none of the gameplay trailers look exciting which sucks since before the videos I was really looking forward to this.

This game doesn't look anywhere near as good as F-Zero, none of the gameplay trailers look exciting which sucks since before the videos I was really looking forward to this.
While I prefer the gameplay style of F-Zero (no polarity switching, health = boost), FAST holds its own in comparison. I was speaking mainly to the arbitrary choice of hiring the announcer from the game most people are comparing it to (GX)

I need to play it to fully form my opinion but this is far from a bland knockoff. To my knowledge they've also only shown the slowest speed mode, highest ones should be unreal if they deliver

jariw

Is this game 1080p 60 like in the videos? Because if it is, it looks damn good for that res and framerate.

The output from the game is 720p 60fps, at least in single player and 2-player split screen. Don't know about the fps in 4-player split screen.
Any 1080p footage from this game would just be the Wii U hardware-interpolated 1080p of the 720p output.

Kenpa64

The game comes out in december. Did we know it? I can't remember hearing it.

Anyways, it seems cool. First day!

Pif

Banned
Still can't believe they squeezed these visuals out of a Wii U.

What a bunch of magnificent individuals. Like, all 3 of them. Or 4.

Ezalc

While I prefer the gameplay style of F-Zero (no polarity switching, health = boost), FAST holds its own in comparison. I was speaking mainly to the arbitrary choice of hiring the announcer from the game most people are comparing it to (GX)

I need to play it to fully form my opinion but this is far from a bland knockoff. To my knowledge they've also only shown the slowest speed mode, highest ones should be unreal if they deliver

I hope I'm proven wrong by the game. But so far it keeps making me less and less interested in it. Guess we'll see when it releases.

Roo

I think it's more likely to toggle between cockpit view, near and far third person views? Maybe some others?

Which would mean there is no way to look behind. :/

I see. I'll be a shame if there's no rear view.
Every racing game has it nowdays. Wish someone could ask them about it on Twitter.

Still can't believe they squeezed these visuals out of a Wii U.

What a bunch of magnificent individuals. Like, all 3 of them. Or 4.

One of the ways is no AA and 720p, but besides that they did do an amazing job with all the effects and textures.

Frostav

Banned
F-Zero GX has no rear view. You don't really need it.

I feel they should tighten up the controls. Things are a little too Wipeout-y right now and you have to pretty much use the whole track it seems to make corners. If that's how it is on the slowest speed mode, then I'm worried about the faster ones--I don't want this to be like Wipeout where the game controls like complete shit and actually getting around the course is an exercise in frustration.

jariw

One of the ways is no AA and 720p, but besides that they did do an amazing job with all the effects and textures.

FAST Racing Neo use AA a lot AFAIK? IIRC, that's one of the reasons why they didn't go for 1080p. I have never seen any of the non-AA MK8 edges in this game.

I feel they should tighten up the controls.

They have said numerous times that each vehicle controls fundamentally different to each other. I think we need to see footage of each vehicle before any conclusions can be made about the controls.

It looks like a bobsled simulator the way the craft goes out so wide on corners. I can't stand how they clunk on the ground after a jump either.

Tregard

Soothsayer
I wonder if Ninty will give them the F-Zero IP if they do a good job with this, considering how they like outsourcing at the moment.

I wonder if Ninty will give them the F-Zero IP if they do a good job with this, considering how they like outsourcing at the moment.

They said they didnt want to do an F-Zero.

I think if given by Nintendo, they could handle the IP perfectly. They need a better art department to fuse the game with some charisma though.
It could even be before F-Zero X during the big accident, that way they can put less racers and not make such a big game at the start.

Top Bottom