• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fastest you’ve ever sold a game?

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Brink. I tried to get a refund from Gamestop. They denied me, so I just sold it and took the L. Probably 2 days after I bought it.

I bought Arkham Asylum used from Gamestop, beat it in a day, and took it back for a full refund the next day. Not sure if they still do that, but it was like a free rental.

OrionNebula

Silent Hill Downpour’s trip to my place kinda looked like this :
The Simpsons Reaction GIF

Monotox

Neo Member
DOOM(2016) on Switch. I just moved across the country and didn't have a gaming computer anymore at the time. Wanted to play DOOM again and bought it on Switch which was the only console I owned at the time. First locked room fight I got into I couldn't handle the joystick aiming controls and brought it back to the store.

BlackTron

how does Sonic heroes affect Generations tho? and why is Gens bad?

In the post I said that Sonic Heroes ruined the control and physics, which is what also disqualified just about every 3D Sonic since.

I pointed out Gens because it's otherwise a pretty fine Sonic game. Imagine Super Mario World but with ruined jumping physics. It would be an otherwise good game ruined by a lame detail -thats gens.

cortadew

Cod: Modern warfare 3 for the ps3 I was dissapointed of how little in innovated from mw2 I was really dissapointed. I traded it after 1 month though, I won't lie I had fun with the multiplayer but after that I had enough from that franchise.

Valonquar

I sold my Star Wars Galaxies account 2 days after launch as a Master Architect for $475. Game was busted as fuck at launch.

Hestar69

Fallout New Vegas.
I actually got a full refund, as it was the first time I had purchased a game that was riddled with bugs.

Super Bomberman R (switch)
It was just downright awful and I was gutted I paid £50 to get it day one with my switch.
The 800msp xbla title was way better and more active online.

I usually have to really dislike a game to sell it as well.
I still have my copy but GOD saw it awful and the online was TRASHH.... Have you tried that new bomberman BR game? If so is it any good, I need to try it.

OT: Asscreed vahalla.It ran so terrible on the OG xbox one. Funnily enough, I just got it again for 20.00 to play on my series S and it runs MUCH better (minus some screen tearing).

Cyberpunk...Thank god amazon let me return it opened the next day. Another game that ran like TRASH,this time on my ps4 pro.

Phasmophobia Refunded before the 2hrs on steam.I didn't get the hype for this game honestly.

Edit: I just remembered as a kid I got and beat little mermaid in 1hr and my om drove me back to return it and I got might and magic (forgot the name)that I didn't like and she told me "TOO BAD" lol.

Last edited:
NFS 2015. Bought it in the morning, 4 hours later it was sold. I absolutely HATED it.

Then 4 years later i got the itch, bought it used for dirt cheap and loved it so much i got a platinum trophy. Donno why but ill assume they patched a ton of shit during that time.

Cattlyst

Draconus on Dreamcast. Played it for maybe half an hour and returned it. Just told the guy in the store it was crap and they let me exchange it for something else. It wasn't really store policy but I think they appreciated my honesty!

Bramble

AC Valhalla. Played for about an hour and then noticed I was forcing myself to continue. The audio was the main culprit. It's horrendously bad. Sounded like they didn't pay attention to it at all and immediately destroyed all immersion. Then I experienced the floaty combat without any impact and weight to it and saw how dumb the AI was. Such a disappointment. Deleted it right after that and returned it.

Edit: Honerable mention - The Outer Wilds. I mean what the hell is this game? After all the people capping for it. Gameplay is not fun, it doesn't feel smooth, art direction not my cup of tea at all, everything is vague, reading reading and reading, ended up in some kind of black hole first time I launch, then got out of it to notice my ship was 30km away? Not for me I guess.

Last edited:
No More Heroes 2. Loved the first one. Bought the second, hated it. Brought it back to my local shop the same day.

Luckily they were cool and took it back, and I bought something else instead.

jigglet

Banned
No More Heroes 2. Loved the first one. Bought the second, hated it. Brought it back to my local shop the same day.

Luckily they were cool and took it back, and I bought something else instead.

Yeah in 2 everyone praised how they got rid of the overworld. All I could think was: huh, why? I sold that pretty quickly too.

Last edited:

waquzy

2) GTA4. I walked about 10 metres and immediately listed it on eBay. It was the same clunky ass tank controls that still persists to this day in GTAV. I probably didn’t even get more than 60 seconds in this game lol. It’s frustrating to think about how good Rockstar games seem to be but how bad the controls are. I put up with the bad controls in GTA3, SA, VC…but by the time 4 came out I couldn’t take it any longer.
And the worst post of the month goes to...

supernova8

Banned
Street Fighter 4. Bought it brand new from GAME (I don't even like fighting games, what was I thinking?). Sold it on eBay the next day.

Ballthyrm

About 550 MPH, 885 KPH, It was over the Atlantic.
It was a switch game because i'ts perfect for planes, sold it to the guy next to me for another game.

We even played some Overcooked together.
It was before covid when you could actually talk to the person next to you in a plane.

dorkimoe

Sold returnal as well. Not spending my time replaying the same levels over and over, which sucks because i enjoyed the gameplay

Guilty Gear Strive! Got into the series with XRD and became accustomed with that installments play style. Refunded it in 27 min. Might buy it again at a cheaper price.

Shame that so many people gave up on Returnal, trophy stats show that only 1/5 completed the game so that’s 100k.

Incredible that no one mentioned how game literally has easy mode, it’s called Electropylon Driver (it takes some time to unlock it though). Makes any subsequent runs cakewalk and oh so enjoyable.

Fredrik

I never sell my games. I live with the repercussions and just add the game to my shelf.
About the same for me.
Well I remember selling Silent Hill 2 on PS2, because it turned me into a nerve wreck. And I got a refund on Crew 2 on Stadia because it was 30fps there and 60fps on Geforce Now. Other than that, only a big shameful games library with games I’ve barely touched.

Aenima

Nightmare Creatures 2 for Dreamcast.

A friend from school reccomended me the game cuz he enjoyed the 1st one, so i bought it. Played for 30 minutes, realized it was a terrible PS1 port, sold it online the same day.

Last edited:
There are some absolute shit games out there, and I see stuff like Nier and Gravity Rush on the first page lol.

To answer the question, I sell every game immediately after completing it. I don't play online games, either. This hobby is too expensive.

Top Bottom