• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fat Princess: Piece of Cake (Vita F2P game) servers shut down on 1st of January 2017

Vashetti

Banned
large.jpg

5idGswe.png

I didn't know this existed.

After laying off all those folks at San Diego and now this, I wonder how eager Sony is to keep riding the F2P train.

hurzelein

Yep. They're moving away from F2P stuff. Good. More resources for good stuff (I care about).

Pretty sure you are reading too much into that. If cost of server upkeep + service < profit and profit would be a reasonable number this would stay on. New strategy descisions would target titles not yet released, this here is just buiseness I guess.

I loved this game, got three stars in every level. Does that say you won't be able to redownload it? I don't like that.

EDIT:Welp, just started the game up again and every level but level 1 is locked and all my characters are at level 1. Not sure what the hell happened. Won't be deleting it, but I probably won't be replaying it now, you need gold earned in game to level up your characters and if they're removing that then later levels will pretty much be unbeatable.

Chesskid1

Banned
hope the little big planet endless runner doesn't go away

this game was alright, a teensy bit sad this is going.

going to download it and keep it on my vita forever i guess

Top Bottom