• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fat Thor w/ Stormbreaker + Mjornir vs. Phase 2 Thor (w/ Mjornir) vs. Ragnorak Thor (w/ out mjornir) vs. Cap w/ Mjornir

pel1300

How do they compare?

Stormbreaker is the most powerful weapon (but doesn't require worthiness to be wielded, you just have to be super strong and durable like Thanos).

So only super powerful beings like Thanos can hold Stormbreaker without dying, but he won't gain Thor powers by holding it.

Then Cap is shown summoning Stormbreaker - showing us that Cap is heavy hitter OP. And we can only imagine how much more powerful Cap would be with Stormbreaker if he was already super OP w/ just the hammer.

IMO.

1. Thor w/ ST in IW = most powerful Thor
2. Thor in the 3rd act of Ragnorak
3. Fat Thor wielding ST in Endgame
4. Phase 1 and 2 Thor

Now where does Cap with Mjornir fit into this? I'm thinking tied with #2.

Where do you think Cap, after gaining the power of Thor, would fall in while wielding Stormbreaker? I'm thinking he'd be even more powerful than Infinity War Thor w/ Stormbreaker.

Note: After Cap hit Thanos with Mjornir a bunch of times, when Thanos takes his helmet off - you can see his face is bruised up....imagine if Cap had been hitting him w/ Stormbreaker - those hits would have had signifitcantly more power behind them.

Last edited:

iconmaster

Banned
Fat Thor was an abysmal sight gag that dragged on for a whole movie. Ugggghhh

I enjoyed it at first but was disappointed he hadn't magically lost weight by the final battle.

I kind of enjoy that this exists:

fat-thor-marvel-legends-1179297.jpeg

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I enjoyed Fat Thor. A few of my favorite athletes gained weight post retirement, but they still have the talent. I like to think of fat Thor the same way. Thor magically losing weight doesn’t make sense. You get depressed, you eat shit, you get fat. That’s normal.

Mihos

Gold Member
I hated fat Thor, until I saw some behinds the scenes stuff and how giddy Chris Helmsworth was wearing the fat suit.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Thor in End Game seemed weak and ineffective. He never got a good shot in on Thanos and continuously got his ass kicked, even with Stormbreaker and the hammer.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Thor in End Game seemed weak and ineffective. He never got a good shot in on Thanos and continuously got his ass kicked, even with Stormbreaker and the hammer.

In Thor's defense, he hadn't been fighting for 5 years while getting fat. So he was out of shape (for an Asgardian) and out of practice.

Then again, he was also wrecked by Thanos at the start of IW.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Loved fat Thor until today when I learned he was just wearing a suit. I thought dude pulled a Christian Bale and actually got fat. Now it just seems like a rich handsome buff dude making fun of all the fat people out there tbh

Last edited:

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
In Thor's defense, he hadn't been fighting for 5 years while getting fat. So he was out of shape (for an Asgardian) and out of practice.

Then again, he was also wrecked by Thanos at the start of IW.
He forged a god killing axe and Thanos almost killed him with it. Dude is like 2000 years old, what is five years going to do to his fighting skill?

Airbus Jr

Banned
Thor being fat doesnt make him weak

Human physics dont aply to Asgardian

Odin and Volstag ( Volstag drink alot) are fat but theyre formidable fighter, with the first one are one of the most powerfull being in MCU

Maybe Thors are bit rusty in Endgame because hes been too busy playing around with Noobmaster 69

But i believe him wielding both Stormbreaker and Mjolnir with both hand are the still the best version of thor

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
He forged a god killing axe and Thanos almost killed him with it. Dude is like 2000 years old, what is five years going to do to his fighting skill?

He forged the axe (fit for a king ... It's not a god killing axe) in IW... That was 5 years ago in movie time. No battles. No wars. No nothing since chopping that purple head off. 5 years of depression and no fights.

Before then, he was always fighting. That's what he loved to do. So yes, he's out of practice. I can still do roundhouse kicks but that doesn't mean I have what it takes still to effectively kickbox since I haven't done so in over 7 years.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
so i wonder if Fat Thor is male feminism at work? writers of IW/EG were clearly male feminists. a trend in male feminist filmmaking i have noticed is to make the female empowered by depowering the male. think about it: Thor becomes a fat, drunk, video game playing loser, has to cry to his mom, is unfit for his own birth-rite. in order for Platonic Womyn Thor to become empowered, Male Thor becomes an incompetent joke.

Last edited:

Da-Kid

People seem to forget that Thor lost his dad, his home, his brother and half his people all in a matter of days. Yes IW happens right after Ragnarok.

(And to clarify he lost half his people who survived Thanos attack of his ship at the beginning of IW)

Then he also has the bearing of failure of Billions of people being dead all because he didn't aim for the head.

Thor was BROKEN. It doesn't matter how powerful you are, depression and PTS, is real for everyone and anyone. And really, that was a fitting and realistic course to take Thor. Out of everyone he's the only Avenger that lost everything, literally. Hawkeye is comparable too.

But how Hawkeye and Thor grieve is parallel to one another. One is so depressed and angry that the only way that they can cope is by abusing a substance (alcohol) and food. The other is so depressed and angry that they actively take it out on people to cope. Those are two very real ways people deal with loss and when they don't properly deal with it. Most of the time the reason they don't deal with it is simply because they can't accept it happened.

So no, I had no problem with "Fat Thor". I call him Fallen Thor.

Last edited:

pel1300

So would Phase 2 Thor, the one who got his ass kicked by Ultron, defeat Fat Thor who wields a much stronger weapon (Stormbreaker)? Note that phase 2 Thor doesn't know how to utilize his power well when he isn't holdingthe hammer - post Ragnorak Thor does.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I thought the Fat Thor gag was going to be over as soon as they time traveled. Something about going into a previous body and only the consciousness travels back or something.

But no. My expectations were subverted.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Time travel makes sense in this movie because it's all based on the grandfather paradox and multiverse theory. I enjoyed that.

Boss Mog

He literally beats Thanos with all stones in 3 seconds in Infinity War but then in Endgame he gets his ass kicked by no stones Thanos. It made no sense even if he got fat.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
He literally beats Thanos with all stones in 3 seconds in Infinity War but then in Endgame he gets his ass kicked by no stones Thanos. It made no sense even if he got fat.

All he did was throw Stormbreaker into the chest of a SURPRISED Thanos in IW... He didn't actually FIGHT him. Remember, he got his butt whooped at the beginning of IW. And this Thanos was trying to kill him. IW Thanos wasn't trying to kill him... Because he needed the Tesseract.

Boss Mog

All he did was throw Stormbreaker into the chest of a SURPRISED Thanos in IW... He didn't actually FIGHT him. Remember, he got his butt whooped at the beginning of IW. And this Thanos was trying to kill him. IW Thanos wasn't trying to kill him... Because he needed the Tesseract.
He wasn't surprised at all, he saw it coming and tried to counter it with a blast from the stones. The only surprise was that his all-stones blast wasn't enough to stop Stormbreaker which also doesn't really make sense.

Ragnarok Thor he was great and efficient against Hela's soilders when he Recognized his true power. I don't think Fat Thor has much of a chance here. Phase 2 Thor isn't smart enough and can also be caught off guard fairly easily. Captain America wouldn't stand a chance because Thor has used Mjolnir for centuries and he knows the weapons strengths and weaknesses so he would defeat Captain America if he uses the weapon one way Thor could easily counter it.

Winner : Ragnorak Thor (w/out Mjolnir)

Pagusas

Elden Member
I’m not sure why cap is even in this equation, a single well placed lightening bolt and he’d be dead.

As for Thor, I’m surprised fat Thor didn’t try the rainbow road stormbringer attack on Thanos that he used in IW. But I guess the factor of surprise has to be there.

I agree with the idea that end of Ragnarock Thor was likely the most powerful as he learned to be the god of thunder, not the god of hammers. Even with one less eye.

Top Bottom