• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water: eShop Exclusive in North America?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Never fail all the Nintendo stuff that appeals to me always has hurdles attached. Why can't I just enjoy the big stuff like everyone else.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Wouldn't be that crazy, although I presume it would be because retailers aren't interested rather than the content of the game. Bayo2 got a retail release, after all.

Well that sucks. I guess I won't be able to Gamefly it to make sure I like it before I buy it. Still though, I'm happy we're getting it at all.

NoA really makes it hard to be a Nintendo fan.

Yeah. Screw the guys running NoA. They make sure to mess up all that is good about Nintendo. It's like they're trying real hard to get in their fanbase's way.

A franchise like Fatal Frame deserves a retail release dammit.

max.renn

Neo Member
i would be so much more ok with making devils third digital and ff retail. will really be a bummer since those are pretty much the only wii u titles im buying this year. oh well ill be buying anyway

Auron

Well, most of my Wii U games are digital so I'm fine with this. Just glad to be getting Fatal Frame this time around.

SerTapTap

God fucking damn it. If this is true Im' waiting for one of their lame 20% off sales on principle. I can't even import this shit. I'm so tired of this company sometimes.

kogasu

I mean it's awesome that it's getting released at all but I was really pulling for a physical release here. I'm pretty sure my Wii U doesn't have the memory at this point. I'll have to pass which truly sucks.

This wouldn't surprise me at all. Oh well. Still buying it, obviously, despite how absolutely ridiculous a decision like this would be.

Whenever Nintendo of America announces a game, a roller coaster of emotions is set to follow. Fans never know what to really expect. Will the game actually release? Will it be exclusive to a specific retailer? Will the title only be available in digital form? If the game isn't related to a popular first party franchise, you really never know what you're going to get. It's hilarious in a really sick sort of way.

After the last two games never getting a U.S. release I'll take what I can get.

Digital-only releases are gonna be the way of the future for these more niche titles and the sooner y'all realize it and get over it, the better.

dperrin

If Nintendo doesn't believe there will be any profit by putting this on disc, then I'd rather have an eShop version than no localization. Maybe we will get lucky and get a GameStop or Amazon exclusive physical version.

Red Devil

It sucks quite bad, but I guess it makes business sense, after all how much is this expected to sell?

Still on the fence about this game, this doesn't change my opinion though.

Better this than not getting the game at all considering its happened for the last two games. This past week is really making me not like NoA again.

Clov

Ugh, NOA dropping the ball again. If this game is 16GB, I'll have to find a way to make room on my Wii U memory for all those Xenoblade download packs later, or get an external HDD for it. Hopefully somewhere has it as a retailer exclusive as opposed to this.

big_z

I rather have a disc since I don't have a hard drive for my wii u and don't plan on getting one.

If this releases for $40 fine ill figure out something but otherwise I want a disc even if its only through Nintendo's online store or some gamestop bullshit.

Meffer

Ugh, NOA dropping the ball again. If this game is 16GB, I'll have to find a way to make room on my Wii U memory for all those Xenoblade download packs later, or get an external HDD for it. Hopefully somewhere has it as a retailer exclusive as opposed to this.
Get a external HHD.

Goddammit. Fuck NOA.

I collect my games physical. How hard is it to just do a limited run of stuff like Devil's Third and Fatal Frame V? I mean they did one for Codename Steam and that bombed.

It just seems posses me off they won't make physical copies of these games while they release stuff like Star Fox and Amiibo Festival at high prices.

Slermy

Dammit Nintendo if you do all these eshop exclusives make the hard drive on your systems actually able to hold more than two games. I want this game so much I'll buy it anyways though.

This so much.

I really don't want to hook up an external hardrive to my Wii U. I'm out of space/plugs already.

Spaced33

I'm just happy they're bothering at all. It looked like it was touch and go there for a sec.

Will totally buy it either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom