• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water releasing October 28th 2021 - overview trailer

kunonabi

Did this have Wii U gamepad features that will be cut from this version?
The gamepad acted like the camera. They chose a really poor implementation of it though that undercut all the possible benefits and interesting functionality so going back to standard FF controls probably won't be much of a downgrade.

The original bonus costumes are still absent so the game is probably still censored. Pretty shitty especially following Famicom Detective club's censorship.

Last edited:
Much like the previous Ninja Gaiden collection, I might have been open to purchasing a domestic, physical release, but I have no interest in getting this digitally and not sure I'm willing to import the Asia-region version (or JP version, assuming Fatal Frame follows in the same suit as the NG collection).

For those interested, the Japanese website (link) confirms the two swimsuits from the Wii U version are not in the game, and--as could be expected--the US website (link) confirms the Samus and Zelda costumes are also not in the game. On the other hand, both female characters do have a swimsuit costume listed (but not shown) in the "New Elements" section of the website (link; this info is the same on the both the English & JP sites).

I suppose the question raised is does the inclusion of new swimsuit costumes mean the game will skew closer to the original JP release on Wii U, rather than the Western version that altered certain scenes? For the moment, I'm finding myself not overly annoyed by the lack of the two Wii U costumes, but Koei Tecmo deciding again not to publish physical versions in the West will probably keep me from supporting this port.

Last edited:

cireza

Banned
They chose a really poor implementation of it though that undercut all the possible benefits and interesting functionality
I don't see how. The Gamepad is basically the camera, so it can't be any more convenient. It makes it extremely easy to aim and rotate.

The few gameplay part of the trailer already show that rotating is not as smooth and accurate, as it is obviously done with buttons.

Last edited:
I gotta say, the trailer was pretty weird but the game looks super good.

Luckily I can buy the physical version here woooohooooo

Last edited:

Aenima

Would have bought this day 1 for PS5 if there was a physical version. Will buy it later once the price drops.
Last Fatal Frame game i played was back on the PS2.

Top Bottom