• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fatal Frame: Nuregarasu no Miko trailer + screenshots (Sep 27 in Japan)

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
What do you mean?

That with all their issues, at least in the recent years/months they were able to well manage Directs and localizations in order to build hype and provide contents to their consoles owners, despite the embarassing lack of third party contents.
Considering how both Fatal frame and Pokken are third party partnership related and how they skipped the Direct WW announcements, I see a real step backwards in Nintendo management

That with all their issues, at least in the recent years/months they were able to well manage Directs and localizations in order to build hype and provide contents to their consoles owners, despite the embarassing lack of third party contents.
Considering how both Fatal frame and Pokken are third party partnership related and how they skipped the Direct WW announcements, I see a real step backwards in Nintendo management

. . . Pokemon announcements were only just recently made through Directs. They were ALWAYS made through CoroCoro magazine or Pokemon Sunday. And they only just had E3 a couple months ago, not sure why you're expecting Directs so soon again.

JoeM86

. . . Pokemon announcements were only just recently made through Directs. They were ALWAYS made through CoroCoro magazine or Pokemon Sunday. And they only just had E3 a couple months ago, not sure why you're expecting Directs so soon again.

Not just that, only main series ones were done through Directs and not even all.

Pokémon Battle Trozei was too, sure, but that was a standard Direct and it was out the next month so.

Just this year, three Pokémon games were revealed without a Direct:

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Official site posting
Pokémon Art Academy - Japanese site
Band of Thieves & 1000 Pokémon - CoroCoro

Fady K

Yes! As was often true that gen, Xbox got the less played, but dramatically superior version.

It's truly a renaissance, and it's one that I had begun to think was never going to happen. It's hard to sum up in words just how thrilled I am to see my favorite genre making such an incredible comeback after a whole generation of gaming in which it was entirely absent.

It's a bit insane how Tecmo-Koei did not rerelease those superior versions on the PS2 eventually.

But yes, horror gaming is definitely in better shape now than it was in a very, very long time. Heck, if you look at recent releases, we got resident evil: revelations, the Amnesia games, Silent Hill Downpour, Lone Survivor, Daylight, Outlast, Dreadout, The Last Door and the Corpse Party games on the PSP/Vita.

Like you it is possibly my favorite genre of gaming so this is a lovely era of gaming to live through! I am also a huge adventure gaming fan so I'm happy with the popularity the genre's been getting as well :)

Considering that none of these will be on Wii U, I so damn hope Fatal Frame will be out in Europe/US.

With the lack of major WiiU titles, I sure as heck hope Nintendo is not stupid enough to not bring this to all English-speaking audiences!

Switch out Among the Sleep (since it's out and kind of bad), and switch in SOMA, Routine, Pathologic remake, Neverending Nightmares and heck, why not Bloodborne too. There's also that Kodoku game, but honestly I think it looks kind of bad and I don't think it'll turn out alright.

Wow, great additions Dascu. Kodoku looks a bit strange but I'm hopeful it works. Routine and SOMA in particular are looking fantastic. And of course, Bloodborne is on another level.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
guys, I'm not complaining about the lack of Directs "per sè", I'm complaining that, depsite the HORRIBLE Wii U software situation (no third party AT ALL), Nintendo missed two opportunities in a row (Fatal Frame 5 and Pokken) to reassure Wii U owners (especially outside Japan) about two games BASED ON PARTNERSHIPS with Nintendo.
That's simply insane.
If FF5 and Pokken will not hit my PAL WIi U it will be a crazy, crazy thing.
If they will hit it, the crazy thing is not to inform me about that.

iMerc

so what you're wanting is for them to reveal all games in development and have them spread out on the table the moment the devs agree to make them….?

i have to disagree on your concept. i think it's just as important to keep certain titles close to chest and reveal them when the 'time is right'.

having surprises is just as important to a fan base as knowing as much as possible what's in development.

nintendo promoting these said games is another matter in which, depending on the genre and priority of the title, nintendo are pretty hit & miss.

i'm not worried at all about the promotion for pokken, but fatal frame is slightly different, i have to admit. while i don't personally get 'worried' about the marketing tactics of a corporation, i have to say i'm slightly skeptic on how effective nintendo will be with the marketing of FF.
they should hire an external company to promote the game imo.
regardless of how this game sells, i'm fairly confident KT are well compensated… especially with nintendo's investment in the franchise.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
so what you're wanting is for them to reveal all games in development and have them spread out on the table the moment the devs agree to make them….?

i have to disagree on your concept. i think it's just as important to keep certain titles close to chest and reveal them when the 'time is right'.

having surprises is just as important to a fan base as knowing as much as possible what's in development.

what?
Both Fatal Frame 5 and Pokken have been revealed and officially announced.
But me, as a PAL Wii U owner, I'm not confident at all right now to be allowed to play those two Nintendo co-developed/published/funded games on my console.
A console starving for games.
there is no reason for them to not reassure me that I'll be able to play those two games they invested in.

Game is in the latest issue of famitsu.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201408/28059950.html

qxGTqDQ.jpg

Homuranagi from Beyond the Camera's Lens forums has translated various information from this week Famitsu (I'd put a link here but they posted scans).

We have three main characters:

Yuuri Kozukata (不来方夕利). We already know all of this, except she goes to the mountain to search for the owner of the shop, Hisoka Kurosawa. Voiced by Risa Tawata.

Miu Hinasaki (雛咲深羽), a girl searching for her missing mother, who vanished when she was a child. Yes, she's Ruffles. She's never known the love of parents and feels empty. Heads to the mountain believing her mother is there. Voiced by Maaya Uchida.

Ren Hojo (放生蓮), aka The Dude. He's a failure of an author who's known Yuuri for ages. He's quite whimsical and is scolded by his assistant for it. He hears of a custom involving burial photos, and goes to the mountain to research for his new book. Voiced by Tatsuhisa Suzuki.

Other characters:

Hisoka Kurosawa (黒澤密花), owner of the shop, who uses kagemi skills to search for lost things. Goes to the mountain to look for a missing girl and vanishes. Voiced by Atsuko Tanaka.

Rui Kagamiya (鏡宮累), Ren's assistant. She respects him, calling him sensei, and as well as helping him out she thinks of him as family. Voiced by Maaya Sakamoto.

LOCATIONS:

There are three main locations the player can explore at the start, like the forest and buildings around the mountain.
These are:

Mikomori Onsen: An abandoned old, big house known as a famous ghost spot where lots of ghosts are.

Kurosawa Antiques: Also a cafe! Yuuri lives and works here. People come here to request lost things be found, or have their fortunes told by Hisoka.

Shirazu no Mori (Unknown Forest): A forest in the mountain. Ever since it became famous as a suicide spot, there's been a big fence around it, which people sneak in through. There are also rumours of a murderer hiding inside...

Game plays out a bit like mission mode, where you choose your mission (you can replay it however much you like) and then you unlock new missions. Once you complete the chapter goals, you get the next chapter.

Your goal is to find people. Each person has different reasons for going to the mountain and getting there, so you'll have to gather as much info about them as you can.

You can use something that's like a "scent" of a person from things like a hair, their documents etc. that aids your "kagemi".

Then you use your clues to search for them. If you chase the memories of them you'll find them, so you have to follow their past footsteps.

When you find them and "bring them back" from their spiriting away, it's mission complete, but you'll have to watch out for the ghosts lurking...

You can also use your "ghost sight" to find hints from ghosts. Looks kind of like hidden ghosts in other games.

Gameplay is on the TV, the map is on the gamepad.

The touch system for picking up items is back. As are ghost hands.

Missed this in my excitement! Amano confirmed to be contributing a song also! More when we get it!

Top Bottom