• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Extella announced for PS4/Vita

DejectedAngel

Neo Member
I hope that the game play for this turns out to be fun after Fate/Extra's infuriating design; as it seems to be taking cues from Musuo and its kin I'm fairly hopeful that I'll enjoy it.

F/Z is really good, but I found Fate/Extra's story to be quite engaging and enjoyable; since this is explicitly tied to F/E I'm hopeful for a good story!

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
V7ljZj8.jpg

looks ugly lol

Nyoro SF

XSEED has registered a Fate/Extella domain:

http://www.fateextella.com/

Remaining unknown domains from XSEED:

b _ _ _ _ _ i.com
s _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ s.com
t _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ y.com

Hm... decoding the others is pretty difficult. I need a Cryptogram hint. :p

At first I thought the last one was "Trails in the Sky" for the 3rd release, but the number of letters don't quite match up. Then I thought the second one could be "Story of Seasons", but that doesn't fit either. I am not a master puzzler.

If XSEED is already on board with localizing this game not long after its initial reveal hopefully it means that the NA release won't be to far behind the Japan date. I hope to see more characters soon, I'm wishing for Passion Lip, Meltlilith and the demon looking Lancer from Fate/Extra CCC.

18-Volt

No Net High, no Valkyrie Drive, no Tokyo Xanadu, no Uppers. But yes to a game with a PS4 version. Come on XSEED, you're better than that.

Not that I'm complaining that we're getting Fate/ game but it does worries me a little that we still haven't heard from XSEED about Marvelous Vita games for a long time.

Hm... decoding the others is pretty difficult. I need a Cryptogram hint. :p

At first I thought the last one was "Trails in the Sky" for the 3rd release, but the number of letters don't quite match up. Then I thought the second one could be "Story of Seasons", but that doesn't fit either. I am not a master puzzler.

Story of Seasons already has a domain, so probably it's not that. Luminous Arc? Nope.

cj_iwakura

I'm happy they announced a Lancer... too bad I don't know anything about her since Fate/Extra CCC didn't get localiced, at least she looks nice. I don't know if I should give Fate/Extra another chance, I gave up after beating Rider because of the combat.

I enjoyed Extra a lot. The combat takes getting used to, but I liked it enough.

The final battle is DAMN tough, fair warning.

Strimei

Jeanne, Arturia and Elizabeth Bathory confirmed playable

http://gematsu.com/2016/05/fateextella-launches-november-10-japan

16 playable servants sounds great.

Here's some more info about the game itself (apparently translated from the scans):

-Nero won the Moon Cell War with her master.
-Nero and her master given a ring called "Regalia"
-Nero and her master have servants under their control.
-However, a second servant/master duo appeared, who also won their war.
-This duo is Tamamo and her master, who also have their own Regalia ring and servants under their command as well.
-The game is apparently a war between these two sides to determine who rules SERAPH (the system behind Moon Cell, as I recall)

So, if this info is true, that would likely mean each side has one of each servant besides the "commander" Nero/Tamamo.

Tohsaka

Do we have any idea to say that anything will actually come from this? They could have just grabbed it on behalf of Marvelous before any domain squatters could touch it.

The fact that the game has a PS4 version, and the anime is popular in the west means we're almost certainly going to get it. We didn't get Fate/Extra CCC because the PSP was dead in the west when it came out.

Shizuka

The fact that the game has a PS4 version, and the anime is popular in the west means we're almost certainly going to get it. We didn't get Fate/Extra CCC because the PSP was dead in the west when it came out.

There was still a small window for CCC, as Aksys was more than eager to keep releasing PSP otome games at that time.

Strimei

Maybe if Extella does well CCC could get a digital-only release. I imagine it'd work on Vita fine (I mean, Extra works A-OK there).

Shizuka

Maybe if Extella does well CCC could get a digital-only release. I imagine it'd work on Vita fine (I mean, Extra works A-OK there).

No one is doing PSP games anymore, except for maybe Gaijinworks and Class of Heroes 3. Unless it gets ported to newer systems, we'll have to wait for the fantranslation.

Strimei

No one is doing PSP games anymore, except for maybe Gaijinworks and Class of Heroes 3. Unless it gets ported to newer systems, we'll have to wait for the fantranslation.

Damn.

I'll hold on to a shred of hope, even still. But yeah, I've pretty much given up otherwise. Bleh.

I'm happy they announced a Lancer... too bad I don't know anything about her since Fate/Extra CCC didn't get localiced, at least she looks nice. I don't know if I should give Fate/Extra another chance, I gave up after beating Rider because of the combat.

I read her Wikipedia page before looking up her Fate design. I gotta say there is some major disconnect between her design and history lol.

Strimei

So, if this info is true, that would likely mean each side has one of each servant besides the "commander" Nero/Tamamo.

I just realized my theory has a hole in it thanks to Jeanne's presence, since she's, likely, a Ruler.

Hm. Well, we'll see, I guess.

Freeman

Banned
What is the selling point of the Fate series? I tried to watch Fate UBW and I couldn't get past the first episode (I had no idea what it was about, I just heard it was good, but it didn't click).

Is the original Fate game available in english for the Vita? This is a very confusing series to get into.

What is the selling point of the Fate series? I tried to watch Fate UBW and I couldn't get past the first episode (I had no idea what it was about, I just heard it was good, but it didn't click).

Is the original Fate game available in english for the Vita? This is a very confusing series to get into.
To be honest the thing I like the most about Fate is some of the themes (like having a historical figure as a partner) but I'm not a fan of the anime series. What I like most is Carnival Phantasm which is a comedy spinoff of Fate and Tsukihime, it helps to know the characters before seeing it to appreciate some of the jokes.

And for Vita I think you can only get a Fate/Stay Night fighting game and Fate/Extra which is a diferent world from the original.

Strimei

For me, I like how the series draws from mythology and history of the entire world. And they really do some serious research for them, too. Seeing such heroes and myths clash is so neat.

Plus I like the way the multiverse is set up (though the rules can be a bit dense at times)

Anyway, as for the collector's edition, that Gilgamesh skin kinda surprised me. I can't say I expected that.

Watch Fate/Zero and after that see if you want more. It's by far the most accessible part of the franchise and also the favorite of many.

Hardly a valid argument.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_4_games

Set North America to descending-order. You'll notice there's a TON of Japanese PS4 games that haven't been localized and likely never will be localized, quite a few of which I'd say likely had a reasonably sized budget (That likely never broke-even because lolps4injapan)

Top Bottom