• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Extella delayed to early 2017 in North America, Noble Phantasm Edition announced

Shizuka

Ckol0gG.jpg

Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star has been delayed from its previously planned winter 2016 release in North America and will now launch for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in early 2017, publisher XSEED Games announced.

The game will be available in standard ($49.99 on PlayStation 4, $39.99 on PS Vita) and “Noble Phantasm” ($69.99 on PlayStation 4, $59.99 on PS Vita) editions. The Noble Phantasm Edition will contain a 7.5×6.3″ hardcover art book featuring over 100 pages of high-quality artwork from Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star, a pack of 16 collectible 3×6″ cards depicting each of the game’s Servants, and a 24×17″ cloth poster, all housed in a custom box.

Source: Gematsu. Thanks Kresnik258!

Surprisingly I was kinda expecting a delay with this.

Oh well, hopefully it doesn't come out in Feb, since that's when everything else is coming out but still looking forward to this.

Definitely going to get that shiny limited edition.

matmanx1

Unfortunate about the delay but if it helps the game sell better or improves on its quality then it is ultimately a very good thing.

Limited Edition is not bad. More options are always a good thing.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Man, everything is early 2017. It's crazy. Shame this slipped, but whatever. I'm sure XSEED's plate is pretty damn full at this point.

...secretly, I'm hoping this got pushed so they can focus on Xanadu Next.

at this point in time i aint even mad with so many delays getting announced, i got way too many shit pre-ordered and they were so close together in the next few months (weeks)

so it's all good

Baalzebup

Early 2017 just keeps getting more and more packed. At this rate I'll be playing early 2017 games 'till early 2018.

Tohsaka

I, for one, am shocked that an XSEED game is getting delayed. I'll probably get the Noble Phantasm edition, looks nice.

Nice set, good alternative for people not wanting to import the Expensive Editions from Japan.

Different artwork on the box and the cloth poster but hey.

I, for one, am shocked that an XSEED game is getting delayed. I'll probably get the Noble Phantasm edition, looks nice.

Tohsaka

There's a joke here.

Crap. =(

I presume this will affect the EU version too.

On the upside, e50 for base game is great and that LE looks quite nice...

Strimei

Argh, delay, though I was honestly kinda surprised by a 2016 release for it.

I was holding out hope the special edition would have an OST (or at least an OST sampler like Extra's had), but damn, no luck there, either.

Do you need any prior knowledge of Fate to enjoy this?

If so what's the best way to "catch up" or consume Fate? Always been interested in it but there's so much stuff across so many different forms of media it's hard to know where to start

Shizuka

If so what's the best way to "catch up" or consume Fate? Always been interested in it but there's so much stuff across so many different forms of media it's hard to know where to start

Yes.

Watch Fate/Zero then the newer Fate/Stay Night adaptation.

If I'm not mistaken, it's required knowledge from Fate/Extra (the PSP game) as well.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

I guess if you want the SUPER 'quick' cliffnotes version, you can watch Ufotable's Zero and FSN UBW 2014 duology as stated. But i hate that this is the only fragmented way to experience the story for casuals on a basic level.

I would not recommend FSN 06 for new fans even though i personally enjoy it, and i can't recommend the visual novel either even though that is what i want to recommend you read before anything.

Also, Fate extra is important, cause Nero is the MC in this game.

You can get it on Playstation TV, through Vita or on PSP.

Strimei

You probably don't have to know anything from prior stuff, though it can't hurt.

Also, Fate extra is important, cause Nero is the MC in this game.

One of. Don't you dare relegate Tamamo to second banana!

Strimei

I don't mean to offend you, if you like Caster Extra :p

I'm just salty Arturia-sama is relegated to a backround character as it is. I mean i get its Extra and all, but still...its Arturia-sama in a Fate game.

http://i.imgur.com/EQKClW0.jpg

S'all good, just setting the record straight! She's got top billing in this too, after all!

Understandable, though at least she's in the game.

Unlike my husbando, Robin Hood. I hold out hope for him as DLC...him and Scathach (though she's not from Extra...I hold out hope for her too)

Inuhanyou

S'all good, just setting the record straight! She's got top billing in this too, after all!

Understandable, though at least she's in the game.

Unlike my husbando, Robin Hood. I hold out hope for him as DLC...him and Scathach (though she's not from Extra...I hold out hope for her too)

To be fair, they are pretty new additions, and i think the devs might be planning long term support on the level of GO type additions, so you might yet get your wish

Arturia is already in everything Fate-related ever, she can take a back seat once in awhile. The only reason we see her so damn much is because she is Takeuchi's waifu.

Nero is pretty awesome and her original Fate/Extra Noble Phantasm is pretty awesome.

I'll wait for impressions of the JP version before I think about buying this one. Generic Musou #1848 isn't really what I envisioned as the next spinoff in the Fate franchise.

Merc_

I'm honestly alright with this. There are way too many games coming out for the rest of this year as it is.

Though it is beginning to feel like early 2017 is getting filled up too now.

Inuhanyou

Maxinas

So...preorders up when? Somewhat glad about this delay, but then again, nothing will save my wallet in the next 5-6 months.

Yes.

Watch Fate/Zero then the newer Fate/Stay Night adaptation.

If I'm not mistaken, it's required knowledge from Fate/Extra (the PSP game) as well.

You're certainly not mistaken.
Fate/Extra is a near requirement given what's happenning in Extella ( moon shell plotline )

Aw, no Nero Bride boob mousepad?
lol

I guess if you want the SUPER 'quick' cliffnotes version, you can watch Ufotable's Zero and FSN UBW 2014 duology as stated. But i hate that this is the only fragmented way to experience the story for casuals on a basic level.

Yeah, someone needs to make a 'unified route' adaptation that isn't just Fate with extras.

Pejo

Was hoping for more Fate: Zero characters, but this is an easy buy for me. I'll probably get the NP edition for the artbook, but maybe not. Early 2017 is going to be killer for game budgets.

Is the red one less boring than the blue one?

She has a less stoic personality I suppose.

Red Saber/Nero is very much the opposite of the calm, sorta-stoic, knightly Artoria - boastful, hammy and passionate, and a massive attention whore (the outfit is quite deliberate on her part) despite being terrible at anything artistic. She's also kinda nuts, but that's partly because she's Nero and she suffered from chronic insanity due to poisoning. She's not a terrible person like her historical counterpart is often claimed to be, however, she's kind of a victim in that her mother was a controlling bitch and her uncle was fucking Caligua.

The problem with Saber/Artoria is that her character really isn't properly explored in most material she is in, even in the route she's the co-protagonist of. The most you get is her playing off other characters in Fate/Zero, such as her mutual loathing of Kiritsugu and her clash of ideals with Rider.

Inuhanyou

IS that really a question ?

I guess not.

Yeah, someone needs to make a 'unified route' adaptation that isn't just Fate with extras.

Or ufo should atleast do all 3 routes properly instead of 1, or 2. But yeah, i'd like to see a unified or original route at some point that isn't any of the 3.

She has a less stoic personality I suppose.

Arturia doesn't have a stoic personality. She is just a more serious character, which makes sense based on her history, it would be wrong for her to not have a character like that. With that being said, she can act like a normal girl her age around friends(and food) just fine.

Is the red one less boring than the blue one?

4TACjYk.gif

Inuhanyou

Red Saber is the absolute best Saber.

Well she's better than the blatant cash grab in Sakura Saber at any rate, i'll give her that

But really though, i'm looking forward to finally playing a fate game on a real console. I never thought we'd get to this point. FateUnlimited codes wasn't in my sphere of attention for PS2, and i could not have imported it anyways

Shizuka

Well she's better than the blatant cash grab in Sakura Saber at any rate, i'll give her that

But really though, i'm looking forward to finally playing a fate game on a real console. I never thought we'd get to this point. FateUnlimited codes wasn't in my sphere of attention for PS2, and i could not have imported it anyways

Have you played Fate/Extra? It was one of my favorite PSP games ever.

Top Bottom