• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Extella delayed to early 2017 in North America, Noble Phantasm Edition announced

UCBooties

Any word on what retailers are going to carry the NP edition? I have the regular game pre-ordered on Amazon and they don't have a listing yet.

Strimei

A delay? Isn't this just a Musou? I haven't seen anything 'wow', kinda surprised it'd be delayed

Yeah its a musou. Honestly I was kinda surprised at how close to its Japanese release the original western release was, so they're probably just not fully done yet, I imagine.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Have you played Fate/Extra? It was one of my favorite PSP games ever.

I played it years ago, but it wasn't on a 'console'. I bought it on PSP and then bought it again on sale when i bought my PSTV.

This is the first TM game i can play on actual mainstream home console hardware.

Sabas

Banned
That PS Vita is adorable.

Dha6VXz.jpg

Inuhanyou

Must.Have. ArturiaSama. PS4 console >< JP PS4 hardware works basically the same as US hardware right??

20161007-fateextella-02.jpg

Kudo

Must.Have. ArturiaSama. PS4 console >< JP PS4 hardware works basically the same as US hardware right??

20161007-fateextella-02.jpg

I'm not certain but X and O could be switched on hardware level, they're reversed in Japan (O for enter, X to back) but you can get used to that fast. Also they're now switchable in the OS anyway but button prompts might not show it.
Someone with JP console probably knows if this is true.

Inuhanyou

I'm not certain but X and O could be switched on hardware level, they're reversed in Japan (O for enter, X to back) but you can get used to that fast. Also they're now switchable in the OS anyway but button prompts might not show it.
Someone with JP console probably knows if this is true.

Shiiiett, i've got to find out about that quick

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Shiiiett, i've got to find out about that quick

There's nothing different besides the buttons being switched while you're using system menus. Also the intro screen that loads before selecting which user to log in with is in Japanese.

casiopao

Considering this one had Caster and not total focus on Lame Saber, i am going to push my friend to get this game lol.^^

Can't miss that Tamamo goodness. I had enough of Saber lol.

Inuhanyou

There's nothing different besides the buttons being switched while you're using system menus. Also the intro screen that loads before selecting which user to log in with is in Japanese.

Good to hear, now my only issue is figuring out how to get my hands on this thing...

Considering this one had Caster and not total focus on Lame Saber, i am going to push my friend to get this game lol.^^

Can't miss that Tamamo goodness. I had enough of Saber lol.

Even though its not total focus, Nero IS going to be the main star of this. I think its just a reality of being apart of Extra's world.

I just hope that the other characters get decent parts of the story as well, cause there is a lot they could be doing

Is Hakuno still the Master ?

I hope Attila is getting some spotlight in this. Though, I wonder why Gilgamesh is still present, especially after his amazing route in CCC. Not that it bothers me...
No more Artoria-sama please.

Is archer not in this? He was in both extra games no?

Is the red one less boring than the blue one?

Nero is the only saber worth caring about.

Couldn't stand Fate saber, Nero saber has a personality at least.

I'm still mad we never got extra CCC, but we get this (most probably) trash.

luminous

Whoa that Artoria/Nero PS4 is really damn cool, hadn't seen a special console design this nice since those XIII/XIII-2 Lightning PS3s

The delay is kind of a bummer but November was looking kind of packed for me so I don't mind it that much. Will hopefully get the NP edition

Strimei

That PS Vita is adorable.

Dha6VXz.jpg

Ok, that's cute.

(No Tamamo though)

Oh right thanks, he's got a different name.

Between him, nero, iskander, and gilgamesh I might be arsed to pick this up when it's on a psn sale sub £10.

Yeah its Nameless (Mumei in Japan) because its a bit weird to call him Archer what with everyone else going by their real names.

And given how Archer's real name is a bit of a big spoiler, though its honestly a pretty open secret at this point, its best to keep it hidden

I'm still debating if I should get the NP edition...well, can't hurt to put a preorder right now, I can always cancel it.

Inuhanyou

I'm afraid I'll have to ask Heroine X to do her job...

bnkhYlG.gif

A lot of you folks can't deal with greatness it seems :p

On a serious note, i managed to place an order for the NP edition and i have a few questions, firstly does amazon only charge when the product ships or will i randomly find money missing from my account? I don't usually do digital transactions through amazon if you could not tell

UCBooties

bnkhYlG.gif

On a serious note, i managed to place an order for the NP edition and i have a few questions, firstly does amazon only charge when the product ships or will i randomly find money missing from my account? I don't usually do digital transactions through amazon if you could not tell

Amazon will charge the full amount when your order ships. They don't do any sort of prior holds or checks or even a $5 deposit. I have 4 orders set to ship from them on Tuesday and I just updated the payment card on each of them today, no problem. As long as the money is in your account the day they got to ship it you are fine.

T-Rex.

Banned
It's a good thing there isn't an Archer LE PS4/Vita cos I'd have bought them straight away. Gar is real.

Inuhanyou

Amazon will charge the full amount when your order ships. They don't do any sort of prior holds or checks or even a $5 deposit. I have 4 orders set to ship from them on Tuesday and I just updated the payment card on each of them today, no problem. As long as the money is in your account the day they got to ship it you are fine.

Thank you very much!

bnkhYlG.gif

1dKKnLh.gif

Can't remember the last time I've seen something great about Artoria. It surely wasn't in the Fate route. :D

More seriously, I have yet to read Garden of Avalon. Though, I'm worried it may be a bit too Saberwanky for my taste. Soundtrack seems great.

That said, Saber Alter is best Artoria. Lancer Artoria and Lancer Alter look cool at the very least from what I've seen.

Inuhanyou

:p Sure sure.

Even i admit certain parts of Fate route have issues even though i generally enjoy the route(and LE in particular is my favorite LN ending of all time)

Whether or not someone likes or dislikes Arturia for whatever reason, oversaturation as TM's cashcow, just not liking her character or whatever else, is the right of the individual in question.

I just think the hate and resentment from a portion of the fandom is very overbearing at times.

Maxinas

1dKKnLh.gif

Can't remember the last time I've seen something great about Artoria. It surely wasn't in the Fate route. :D

More seriously, I have yet to read Garden of Avalon. Though, I'm worried it may be a bit too Saberwanky for my taste. Soundtrack seems great.

That said, Saber Alter is best Artoria. Lancer Artoria and Lancer Alter look cool at the very least from what I've seen.

I personally like her armor design, it stands out pretty well imo.

:p Sure sure.

Even i admit certain parts of Fate route have issues even though i generally enjoy the route(and LE in particular is my favorite LN ending of all time)

Whether or not someone likes or dislikes Arturia for whatever reason, oversaturation as TM's cashcow, just not liking her character or whatever else, is the right of the individual in question.

I just think the hate and resentment from a portion of the fandom is very overbearing at times.

It was definitely the weakest route as far as I'm concerned. It was still an enjoyable ride thanks to
some great encounters (Saber Vs Rider, Saber Vs Gilgamesh) and interesting revelations. (Saber being still alive and pulled out of her timeline, Saber finally understanding Kerry's actions, etc.)

Trolling and bait aside, I don't dislike Saber. I just don't find her really interesting as a character, at the very least I would say that she didn't shine in her route (besides the lovely ending) and didn't get the chance to shine in Unlimited Blade Works. Heaven's Feel is the exception. Over-saturation may be another part of the problem. At this point, I just want the Fate franchise to be more than just Saber and Gilgamesh. It got somewhat better with the Extra series, but they took a step back when they added more Artoria in Grand Order.
(not to mention that the final route could be a massive Gilwank)

Despite that, I'll still like the face of the Fate series. I agree about the last part.

I personally like her armor design, it stands out pretty well imo.

Same. I think I like her Alter and Lily attire a bit more.

Strimei

Apparently its still on track for a winter 2016 release in Europe (though could change). Wonder what the delay is for us, then.

Top Bottom