• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/EXTELLA Switch comes with 35 free costumes and exclusive Unshackled Bride one

LordKano

Why is the background so blurry ? It's highly disturbing. Like, the characters are clean but everything else is a blurry colorful haze.

EDarkness

Why is the background so blurry ? It's highly disturbing. Like, the characters are clean but everything else is a blurry colorful haze.

Probably has some silly depth of field going on like so many games these days.

Game looks good to me. I'll have to check out some PS4 videos to see what the overall gameplay is like.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Im buying it merely to show my support that I want more games with this aesthetic specifically on the switch, as in anime games. I believe that there is a large anime and JRPG fanbase on nintendo consoles that has been largely ignored and i think games like fire emblem and even zelda has tapped into that market.

Im buying it merely to show my support that I want more games with this aesthetic specifically on the switch, as in anime games. I believe that there is a large anime and JRPG fanbase on nintendo consoles that has been largely ignored and i think games like fire emblem and even zelda has tapped into that market.

VERY well said. I don't understand why Nintendo systems miss out on so many of these.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
VERY well said. I don't understand why Nintendo systems miss out on so many of these.

I think developers and publishers just assume that every JRPG fan only wants a playstation, despite the successes nintendo systems have had with the genre, DS being the biggest contention but devs probably think that everybody has a DS so it doesnt count.

Nintendo's JP page has 720p screens:

Y'know, inbetween Gilgamesh's Gopnik getup in the original VN, Gopnik Saber Assassin, and UBW2014 Gopnik Shirou, I think we're overdue for Takeuchi to confess his appreciation for Russian delinquent-culture.

Forget Saberface, we need to have a serious discussion on Adidas Tracksuits being the most common outfit in the Fate/ series.

Also honestly I was kinda hoping that this would be a CCC-ish expanded version instead of just effectively being a GOTY version. I'd totally slam my money down on this without a second thought if this got an expansion with Arcueid and Shiki Ryougi. I mean, Extra had them, no real reason for Extella not to have.

Limited edition:
limited_img_l.jpg

That pouch.

Eh, seems to be a step above the Vita version (which ran damn well all things considered). It's an anime licensed musou game; of couse it's going to look fairly shit.

As musou games go it looks fine. It helps that it derives a lot of art style from Fate/Extra which was designed to run on a PSP back in the day.

Top Bottom