• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

duongsn

Finally done with the event, I've cleared the shop, getting my MLB'd Mona Lisa and Bond 10 Emiya in the process, and now waiting for the final mission to unlock. My weak resolve led me to drop a ten pull, with one gold Saber card which turned out to be D'Eon, and various event CEs. I think I'm gonna skip KnK rerun on JP though, can't do this two times in a row.

What's the max Cost you can get in JP now? That's a lot of 5* CEs, I would kill to be able to equip that many.

Its 112 at Master lv140 I think.

EDarkness

Finally got everything for Shiki. Not sure what to do now since I don't want to do the 8th floor. I'm thinking I'll probably just get all of the items and call it a day. Looking forward to a new event and banner now.

Pejo

Finally got everything for Shiki. Not sure what to do now since I don't want to do the 8th floor. I'm thinking I'll probably just get all of the items and call it a day. Looking forward to a new event and banner now.
What's holding you back from the 8th floor?

deanote666

Getting through the 7th floor was hard and I did 801, but felt like I just barely got by. I don't have enough high level units to really handle the higher floors with any certainty.
comic.png

Can always SQ your way through the missions.

You don't need to do the 8th floor to clear the shop, just the missions.

EDarkness

Heh, I have to save SQ for Scath when she back on the banner. I have enough for 4 10 pulls now. The extra stuff from this event would be nice, but not necessary. Been farming some earlier doors to get cats and water. I have almost all of the water items, still have a lot of cat items to get.

deanote666

Heh, I have to save SQ for Scath when she back on the banner. I have enough for 4 10 pulls now. The extra stuff from this event would be nice, but not necessary. Been farming some earlier doors to get cats and water. I have almost all of the water items, still have a lot of cat items to get.
Farm the parking lot for cats. I've farmed about 25,000,000 QP from the parking lot alone. Using 100% enemy increase and 2 cat + CE's, I can average 70-90 cats per round. Have shiki assassin use her death resist down ability and NP on the boss.

Pejo

Finally finished all the missions with no Apples used and only 1 Master level gained during the event, feels good. Only have a handful of gems I didn't get, too. Might as well go back into farming XP cards now.

Artoria on the rooftop was astonishingly easy, and I'm surprised there wasn't even a mini-story associated with her. I beat her in like 4 rounds with Gilgamesh, Waver, and a friend Orion (with 2 2030s).

Which CE are you guys picking for your freebie? I'm thinking that Beast Under the Moon one for throwing on Cu or Jeanne for added cockroachery, that's a solid set of skills, though i don't know if the effect is too little to matter.

Duong, your boy is coming! You have your SQ prepared?

Last edited:

duongsn

Happy Lunar New Year guys! Does anyone here celebrate that?

Finally finished all the missions with no Apples used and only 1 Master level gained during the event, feels good. Only have a handful of gems I didn't get, too. Might as well go back into farming XP cards now.

Artoria on the rooftop was astonishingly easy, and I'm surprised there wasn't even a mini-story associated with her. I beat her in like 4 rounds with Gilgamesh, Waver, and a friend Orion (with 2 2030s).

Which CE are you guys picking for your freebie? I'm thinking that Beast Under the Moon one for throwing on Cu or Jeanne for added cockroachery, that's a solid set of skills, though i don't know if the effect is too little to matter.

Duong, your boy is coming! You have your SQ prepared?

60 SQ and 20 tickets, reporting in! Statistics says my chance for at least a 5* is about 33.1%, so here's hoping. I will refrain from pulling until the 26th for added chance to get Tesla.

About the free CE, I will settle for Beast under the Moon, too. I think it's a perfect fit for Fran-chan, especially that pure increase in ATK. It'd be nice if I can get enough copy to MLB it from pulling, so yeah, a lot of things to look forward to this event :D Outside of the gacha, I will try to unlock some more Rank Up quests (already done with Spartacus and Leonidas) for their rewards.

Pejo

Happy Lunar New Year guys! Does anyone here celebrate that?

60 SQ and 20 tickets, reporting in! Statistics says my chance for at least a 5* is about 33.1%, so here's hoping. I will refrain from pulling until the 26th for added chance to get Tesla.

About the free CE, I will settle for Beast under the Moon, too. I think it's a perfect fit for Fran-chan, especially that pure increase in ATK. It'd be nice if I can get enough copy to MLB it from pulling, so yeah, a lot of things to look forward to this event :D Outside of the gacha, I will try to unlock some more Rank Up quests (already done with Spartacus and Leonidas) for their rewards.
Good luck on your pulls, I'm holding all of my SQ to get a shot at Edgelord Dantes. He doesn't seem like that good of a unit but his NP is really fun to watch.

EDarkness

I wish you guys wouldn't use Shiki as your Assassin unit. I imagine most people have her already, so it'd be better to have someone else if you have them. Carmilla, Girlfriend X, or Jack would be better options.

Pejo

I wish you guys wouldn't use Shiki as your Assassin unit. I imagine most people have her already, so it'd be better to have someone else if you have them. Carmilla, Girlfriend X, or Jack would be better options.
I was using her for the insta death for people still farming rapunzels, but sure, I just switched it back to MHX.

Pejo

Got Amakusa Shirou in my first pull. Now, stat wise, do I want the trap?
Pretty sure he was dead last on the tier lists for a long, long time in JP amongst 4*s. I did one 10 pull and got him and kid Gil. Ah well, that's all I'm wasting on this banner.

duongsn

Decided to pull for the solo rate up and the gacha decided to be cruel, I didn't get Amakusa or any 4/5* event CE :< On the bright side, I got the 5th copy of Victor from The Moon, gave it to Altera so she Buster crit like a truck, the 4th copy of Formal Craft, and Astolfo, my first silver-turned-gold on NA side of the game. Well then, it's back to saving SQ for me, my next target is Ibaraki Douji.

These lackluster banners make it easy to save SQ. Starting to think that we're not getting Scath on a banner for a long time.

According to the original JP schedule, Scathach will get a rate up about 4 months after the Chaldea Boys banner, so with NA's speed, I guess you still have like 3.5 months until she arrives again.

EDarkness

According to the original JP schedule, Scathach will get a rate up about 4 months after the Chaldea Boys banner, so with NA's speed, I guess you still have like 3.5 months until she arrives again.

Holy shit, it'll be forever before she shows up again. I guess I'll have a ton of SQ saved up for then. 3-4 months? Sheesh.

Pejo

So I binged season 1 of Apocrypha this weekend, it's pretty entertaining. The show also made me like Mordred and Astolfo, which is nice since I have them both in this game.

I made it through all of my interludes that I hadn't finished yet, and the only strengthening quest (Martha) that I had available. I actually appreciate this downtime. Now I'm back in the ember mines. Trying to max out Lancer Artoria Alter and get the last few levels of my Lancelot before the next event starts.

EDarkness

I'm trying to make it through London, but it's hard to focus. Some of these missions are drawn out way too much. Way too much padding going on. Maybe I can finish in a couple of days....

Pejo

I'm trying to make it through London, but it's hard to focus. Some of these missions are drawn out way too much. Way too much padding going on. Maybe I can finish in a couple of days....
You know, I felt very similarly about London. It takes forever for anything significant to happen, then the last 1/10th of the story a ton happens and it doesn't really make sense. It's a shame too because I find most of the actual Fate storylines pretty interesting, if not a little hokey. I still find the events kinda goofy fun in this game, but the actual real story content has been kinda meh.

MVP status for whoever wrote the Saber Wars bits with Blackbeard. Him getting hit in the nuts constantly by Lily's NP and them actually acknowledging it made me actually laugh out loud.

deanote666

Well, I'm done spending money on this game...

Got 4 young gil (already NP 5), 3 other junk 3 star servants, and 3 junk CE in 1 pull.

Didn't get any of the "rate up" servants in the last 10 10 servant pulls.

EDarkness

Anyone know how to force the game to keep my Master outfit on? Every time I change it, it changes it back to the original one. I changed it in multiple places and no matter what I do it always changes it back. I must not be changing it in the right place. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Pejo

Well, I'm done spending money on this game...

Got 4 young gil (already NP 5), 3 other junk 3 star servants, and 3 junk CE in 1 pull.

Didn't get any of the "rate up" servants in the last 10 10 servant pulls.
Bad luck runs feel truly terrible in this game, because of the huge difference between getting a 4-5* servant and getting one of the 3*'s you've already got 200 times or CEs that you won't ever use. I definitely get what you're feeling.

Anyone know how to force the game to keep my Master outfit on? Every time I change it, it changes it back to the original one. I changed it in multiple places and no matter what I do it always changes it back. I must not be changing it in the right place. Can someone point me in the right direction?
You're probably overriding it in your party settings. Go to Menu -> Formation -> Party Setup. Each party slot (there are 10) has its own Mystic Code setting, so if you're switching between party slots often, you need to set the Mystic Code on each one of them.

EDarkness

You're probably overriding it in your party settings. Go to Menu -> Formation -> Party Setup. Each party slot (there are 10) has its own Mystic Code setting, so if you're switching between party slots often, you need to set the Mystic Code on each one of them.

The screwed up part is that I did that...three times. It keeps changing it back to the original one, even though I keep changing the outfit to a different one. I'm not sure what to do since I keep forgetting to change it before the battle and my original outfit is maxed out at 10/10.

Also, I would never spend money on this game. The pulls are the worst ever and getting a bad streak can net you absolutely nothing. It's a terrible feeling, so I pretty much avoid pulling if I can. I know, I know, that's supposedly the best part of these games, but when you bull and feel terrible, that's not good. I play these games to have fun and if I'm not having fun, I stop playing. Life is too shitty to have to deal with something that's abusing you....

duongsn

The screwed up part is that I did that...three times. It keeps changing it back to the original one, even though I keep changing the outfit to a different one. I'm not sure what to do since I keep forgetting to change it before the battle and my original outfit is maxed out at 10/10.

Also, I would never spend money on this game. The pulls are the worst ever and getting a bad streak can net you absolutely nothing. It's a terrible feeling, so I pretty much avoid pulling if I can. I know, I know, that's supposedly the best part of these games, but when you bull and feel terrible, that's not good. I play these games to have fun and if I'm not having fun, I stop playing. Life is too shitty to have to deal with something that's abusing you....

JP gacha usually gave me amazing pull when I received shitty news irl, while NA gacha threw me whatever it wants and whenever it felt like doing so. Though if you ever want to spend money, the guaranteed gacha is your safest bet.

Haven't posted in a while, been busy in games and job (and quitting it). As celebration, I brought a wall with me. Wall of text.

I tried farming the valentine event for Iron Stakes like mad, and only got to 70 stakes (includes the initial 20-ish I have + 20 from shop). Not even enough to get one skill of Ereshkigal to max. And I have also have a Midrash waiting at 4/4/4 for months now. ;___;

I am honestly tired/burnt out of the schedule of the last four events. The only gap between them was the 4 days between Da Vinci and Setubun. The rest is literally one after another. >___>

Re: Valentine2018
Love the Pigeon Report. Some of the story are fun. But I don't like the main story parts. I wish they kept the story for this one more attainable since I don't really like the whole "production" part.

Not really a fan of Apoc. And from what I hear, it's not my thing (Sieg is Mary Stu).

Re: Setsubun
The Setsubun event was good. I liked it story-wise. Loved the epilogue. The gameplay balance itself was pretty good. It's balanced well with 1 AP and is generally doable "solo" even with ungrailed 1-star Servants except 10s floors. I almost finished the event on Sunday at 89 Kagerou Floors so that's 5 days for me.

One thing I dislike was the rather not-so-good nicknames; the Halloween 2017 had really good ones (though from what I heard, Amazoness CEO's personality is completely different from normal). The name for Archer Inferno in the Challenge Quest was better (Setsubun Gamer).

The challenge quest was awesome for various reasons, but primarily it's the first one I had Ereshkigal as core team member. The only CQ I played more than once, for fun. Though that burn damage is eye opening. lel

The other thing I hated was the allotted time (7 days) and the "servant energy bars" (4 hours) is too high IMO. This should have been a 10-day event, while all others were 2-week events.

One thing I liked about the previous events (esp. 2-week ones), was that I could basically just don't play in the first week or so, then apple my way through the following week or whenever I have free time and/or I feel like doing it.

I ranted about Meikai no Merry Xmas, but it was actually better than 2016 Revival (both 10 days) since it was timed to have two weekends. I definitely thought they're going to have a good schedule moving forward.

It's one of the biggest reason why I continued playing FGO; it wasn't trying to kill you with events. I miss the 2-week blanks*. ;___;

I've been using Katushika for support lately, and I think she maybe my next 5* to grab. I think Hokusai isn't bad (I love that Fujisan water reflection), but I prefer either of Ouei's animations. I really wish the next solo pickup with her has also has a 4* up for grabs. (Suzuka, maybe? She was in Katsuhika's story.)

http://news.fate-go.jp/2018/karanokyoukai/

Kara no Kyoukai Revival banner in JP, with the addition of Asagami Fujino as a 4* Archer :(((( DW got me good, now I have to play this event again :'(

Actually, you don't. Just whip out your credit card, pull until NP5 (or debt spiral, whichever comes first) and we're done here. :D

I like her normal attacks. Except for the "running lines" thing on some of her attack. I... really don't get that. I love her 3rd form but haven't seen her second in action yet (can someone please not max out their Fujino ASAP?!?!?!?!).

On the other hand, her NP... might be the worst NP I've ever seen. I think even STELLAAAAA might be better than that. I was really hoping her 3rd form will have a different NP animation but nah.

Funny thing here: All character voiced by Noto Mamiko are hard to get.

Altera is the only non-Limited character, but she is 5*. ("Easiest", since she's always available)
Scathach and Brynhilde are Limited 5*.
Swimwear Scathach and Altera the San[ta] are Event Servants. (Also "Easy", but IIRC we have yet to see an event run more than twice).
Fujino, who belongs to the rarest Servants: 4* Limited.

Still haven't decided whether to get her or not, but I'm leaning towards not. Don't really like Fujino enough to get her, and thankfully, they gave us Altera the San[ta] for my Noto Mamiko fix. (Missed swimwear Scathach by a few months ;___;)

I think I'm gonna skip KnK rerun on JP though, can't do this two times in a row.

Only reason I played this was for the stakes and free Servant. In hindsight, maybe I shouldn't have gone after the Legend Crystals. Right now, all I feel is "it feels so good to not play FGO". Fatigue from previous event doesn't help. ORZ

Garden of Order event got on my nerves, especially having played Halloween Strike (2017).

System-wise, this is an inferior version to Halloween Strike (or HS is the improved version, to be more precise). Max breaking a card results only to a whooping 50% Enemy Up, WTF? And then there's 4 cards to max instead of 3. To put a nice finish, the rarity is 5/5/4/4 for GoO compared to HS' 5/4/3. This combination highly irritates me. Having to put 4x 5* event CE to get 100% creates a huge hit on your costs on top of using 4 CE slots.

Beheader Bunny 2016 is somewhat nice if you don't have a Pierce card yet. Triple Barrier can be situationally useful, maybe...? Other two event cards are easily replacable.

Then the Gacha CEs are complete shit for two reasons:
1. Their effects are either too dubious or too situational.
2. They are harder to max break since you've got two cards at every tier for pick up. Less people got +2 with them.

IMO, only the kenbu is decent. Maybe the magan CE as well, but downside is too big for miniscule Buster increase.

It's all about the ritual you do when pulling. Have you tried dancing while doing handstand when you pull?

Last edited:

duongsn

Haven't posted in a while, been busy in games and job (and quitting it). As celebration, I brought a wall with me. Wall of text.

Quitting job, huh...I've been seriously considering doing that for a while, 'corporate' environment has so much bullshit to deal with where I work. So congrats I guess? Hope you find a new occupation soon.

It's one of the biggest reason why I continued playing FGO; it wasn't trying to kill you with events. I miss the 2-week blanks*. ;___;

FGO also drowns you with apples, so playtime could pretty much be arranged to your liking. Playing 2 accounts is tiring though, even with low goals I was too burned out for Valentine 2018 event on JP side, so I just did the main quest and be done with it.

I like her normal attacks. Except for the "running lines" thing on some of her attack. I... really don't get that. I love her 3rd form but haven't seen her second in action yet (can someone please not max out their Fujino ASAP?!?!?!?!).

On the other hand, her NP... might be the worst NP I've ever seen. I think even STELLAAAAA might be better than that. I was really hoping her 3rd form will have a different NP animation but nah.

Funny thing here: All character voiced by Noto Mamiko are hard to get.

Have you seen Kara no Kyoukai? The "running lines" is how Shiki's eyes perceives Fujino's power, two colors represents two opposite directions in which she twists her target. By cutting those line, Shiki can neutralize Fujino's attacks. Her NP is a reference to her final clash with Shiki, where she awoke her Clairvoyance and twisted the bridge to kill Shiki. It's her most notable feat (canonically), so yeah...

Anyways, I slogged through the event again to get Assassin Shiki, and ended up finishing 77 mission in the end. It seemed like the rerun's droprate was higher than when I played it in NA, got quite a few evo mat drop alongside the usual event mat. It's nice that they update the shop to add new evo mat, my Okeanos Caster is hungry for stakes lol

In regard to your last points...

I was so stoked to see the gold Saber card, only to get spooked by Altera. Ahh, what could have been :< If you want to test her 2nd ascension, throw me a request @927,511,452, username is prof.Okido. Her 3rd ascension looks nice, but I'm not a fan of the color scheme.

FGO also drowns you with apples, so playtime could pretty much be arranged to your liking.

Yeah, I put that in my post. :p

Though with a shorter time frame can make it harder if you have other plans.

And in case of Setsubun, if you're not careful, those timers could actually hinder you from finishing it with its "hey can't use this servant for 4 hours" timer. No apple is gonna save you if all of your Servants are on downtime, haven't finished yet, and the time is running up.

Setsubun was pretty fun and easy, but yeah, still wish it wasn't a 7-day stuff.

I'll probably take a rest from FGO for a few more days, then start on Epic of Remnant since it's on half AP.

Have you seen Kara no Kyoukai? The "running lines" is how Shiki's eyes perceives Fujino's power, two colors represents two opposite directions in which she twists her target. By cutting those line, Shiki can neutralize Fujino's attacks. Her NP is a reference to her final clash with Shiki, where she awoke her Clairvoyance and twisted the bridge to kill Shiki. It's her most notable feat (canonically), so yeah...

Ahh, what could have been :< If you want to test her 2nd ascension, throw me a request @927,511,452, username is prof.Okido. Her 3rd ascension looks nice, but I'm not a fan of the color scheme.

I'll add you later. Nice pull.

I have, but that was more than a decade ago so I don't even remember half the stuff.

When you mentioned Asagami Fujino, I actually thought you were talking about the apprentice girl, not the appendicitis girl. LOL. I haven't watch the latest movie (or newer movie versions?) released a few years ago.

Are you sure about the lines? I'm talking about the one behind her.

SZSiqd3.png

lFO5cNQ.png

Side Topic: Transferring these screenshots makes me feel as if FGO animation is definitely designed for the bigger screen. You can barely see that obi design on the average phone. >___>

YPQm4da.png

I remember the bridge, but as an attack animation, that thing is bad. This is one of those "yeah, can't be assed to animate this properly".

1. There's no flow in it.

There's a clear three-section to the animation.

The attack proper (damage) came first. Then, all of a sudden, WHY IS THERE A BRIDGE?? Bridge breaks down, no damage whatsoever, then, for some reason, they show the enemy again, just to put ATK DOWN on it.

Going back to show enemy being debuffed is really bad flow, IMO.

Why not damage AND debuff -> bridge? Or Debuff -> bridge + damage?

2. There's no blending of environment.

It's common for them to use black background on NPs to replace the battlefield background. Some are ok, some are not. This is an example of not-ok results.

It's a transition of the back background to a bridge all of a sudden, without any explainations.

An example of a good blending in FGO is Altera the San[ta]'s Candy Star Photon Ray. It starts Tselko jumping. First thing we see after that was Santa going through the clouds, then more clouds in the background, then finally unto space. Then we get Space Sheeps™ doing their thing. It gives you a sense of her going from the ground all they way up to space.

They did switch to black background when switching to the enemy, but that that point, the story was already told to us about Altera and Tselko going to space, and summoning more Space Sheeps™.

In Fujino's NP, there's no telling what's happening.
Are the enemies on the bridge, or is the bridge falling on them?

What we've got is a disconnect between animation elements and the situation.

In the first section, they could have used bridge as background instead of black, and if they've got resources to spare, zoom out before the bridge destruction thing.

Modifying the first part to show they're on a bridge would do lots.

3. Was there other ways to do this

This is not really a problem with the animation itself, but a question of "should have they really gone with the bridge?" Was there a way to do this differently? Fujino's power is "to bend stuff". Not Bridge Power.

To refer to another gamedev that mains on 2D animation, we have Banpresoft/Banpresto/B.B. Studio. They have done things that are not in the original animation.

Take for example, they have animated Evangelion's EVA-01 using MAGOROKU E-SWORD in two different instance. There's also F-Type Equipment that they have animated.

They have also done this in a pure animation fashion. They have added "Last Shooting" (from the first Gundam series) to Nu Gundam's Fin Funnel attack to the end of its attack, despite the fact that it is not actually part of Char's Counter Attack or was ever used with Nu Gundam.

As a mecha and Gundam fan, seeing that in-game was one of my biggest HOLY-SHIT moments.

Delightworks and Typemoon have complete freedom to do this differently, but they didn't. It's a matter of how much effort they chose to put on Fujino, basically. And IMO, the bridge stuff is the "easiest" way to go. Not exactly easy to animate well, but hey, copy paste!

Amongst gamedevs that provide awesome 2D animations out there, I consider Banpresoft to be a top contender. One of the biggest reason is because their product is fanservice, and they know it. They have a lot of history of doing 2D animations, they have done a lot of things, so IMO, if we're talking about 2D animations, they're a good reference.

In many, many ways, FGO is very similar to SRW. So I hope they could improve their stuff. Especially with the money they're raking in.

P.S. I played the mobile SRW game and it's shit. ORZ

Quitting job, huh...I've been seriously considering doing that for a while, 'corporate' environment has so much bullshit to deal with where I work. So congrats I guess? Hope you find a new occupation soon.

Thanks! I'll take my time getting a new job, though. LOL.

Last edited:

EDarkness

Is this new dude worth having? I was thinking about throwing 30 SQ at him to see if I could get him. I can't do his missions because I haven't finished London yet. Not sure if it's even something I want to do, either.

EDIT: I went against my better judgement and used 60 SQ to try and get this new guy. ALL crap. Man, this game hates me. No more pulling until Scath. I don't care who they release. What a waste of 60 SQ...man.

Last edited:
At this rate, you're most definitely not going to get Scathach if you keep going "is the new servant worth it?", then throw half your SQs at them.

Especially when you throw SQs before someone even answers your question. LOL.

But on the bright side, you can get Swimwear Scathach.

duongsn

Are you sure about the lines? I'm talking about the one behind her.

Ah I thought you were referring to the red/green lines in some of her attacks. Those lines behind her though...I think they are supposed to represent the pressure she exerts when bending stuff? It does looks out of place.

I remember the bridge, but as an attack animation, that thing is bad. This is one of those "yeah, can't be assed to animate this properly".

1. There's no flow in it.

2. There's no blending of environment.

3. Was there other ways to do this

My headcanon on her NP is that the bridge is at a completely unrelated location, just to represent her using Clairvoyance to twist stuff without the need to actually have the target in her line of sight. So uh, like, the cost to use her NP is a random bridge somewhere must be broken lol. And the red/blue lines going to the bridge also pass through the enemy, damaging and decreasing their ATK along the way. As a KnK buff, I guess it automatically makes sense in my head XD

I'm not a creative person, so if I were to improve Fujino's NP presentation, it would be a mix between Holmes and Cu Alter's NP: She clutches her belly, then a face close-up shot (Holmes' is beautiful), switch to the enemy's black silhouette being twisted on a bloody red screen, then zoom out to show that they are fighting under a bridge, which then being broken and debris drops to decrease the whole enemy team's ATK. Fujino being a Heroic Spirit makes no sense in the first place, but by Nasuverse's rule, her NP must have a bridge :)))

I haven't yet play a SRW game, but now that we're talking about animation, what is wrong with Ishtar animation?

EDarkness

At this rate, you're most definitely not going to get Scathach if you keep going "is the new servant worth it?", then throw half your SQs at them.

Especially when you throw SQs before someone even answers your question. LOL.

But on the bright side, you can get Swimwear Scathach.

Well, folks don't respond all that fast here and I figured that it would be nice to have that Avenger class for later. I don't generally pull and I have a ton of SQ stored up, so it sucked, but I'll have quite a bit of SQ for when she shows up. Not doing anymore pulls until she shows up and since she isn't gonna be in for a while, I'll be in even better shape. So yeah, it sucks that I didn't get squat for 60 SQ, I'll still be in a good place once she shows in a couple of months.

Threw 20 tickets on the pharaoh kanshasai (Nitocris/Cleopatra PU). Mainly for Nitocris. Got a shiny Assassin card, and for some reason I though "Osakabehime would be nice" despite that it's a Cleo pickup. And got Shinjuku no Assassin instead. Got 3 of him now. Definitely selling one copy.

I actually do have 4500-ish Mana Prisms, but I'm not sure whether to go for Lunchtime or Mona Lisa. I am playing more casually (only 10/10/10 Servant I have is Tama-chan), so I don't even farm money. Not yet, anyways.

CE drops were Primal Curse and Green Destructive Sound. Already have max broken ones. >___>

Still have 9 tickets left. Will probably throw them as well. And maybe a 10-pull with gems. Then cry later that I didn't get Nitocris. Huhuhuhu.

As a KnK buff, I guess it automatically makes sense in my head XD

Forgot to add you. Fake Edit: noooooooooo, you already got her to 3rd form. ;_____;
Edit: IGN is Alchemy in hiragana, coz ATXAchemy in romaji makes weird dialogues in the story.

Katou Danzou's NP is also bad at story telling, animation-wise. Not really familiar with Danzou before this, so until I read her profile I didn't know that her NP's name (呑牛) is quite... literal. Minus the cow, of course.

The only thing that kept coming to my mind was Danzou doing Gao Gai Gar's Hell and Heaven. Which got me excited. Coz, you know. Literally mecha ninja... Mecha finisher... uhh... you get the deal.

I haven't yet play a SRW game, but now that we're talking about animation, what is wrong with Ishtar animation?

Oh yeah, I remember your post. I was going to reply to it before I got side-tracked. BTW, I don't know any technical details of FGO (or do I have any expertise in animation). I'm just a random dude on the internet, bro.

I'll make a post about Ishtar later.

P.S. If you're a fan of 2~3 mecha series featured in SRW V or SRW X (to be released this month), you might want to try those. Maybe V, since you could probably find a used English copy easier. I don't really recommend SRW to non-mecha fans, since they are fanservice games for mecha fans.

Last edited:
9 more tickets, and bad results. Then went with crystals. I ended up spending 90 crystals.

First Set: Got Elizabeth, which I am extremely happy about (tried to get her back in Halloween Strike pickup).
Second Set: Assassin Gold card, got Cleopatra. Then another Assassin Gold card, which excited me, but another Shinjuku no Assassin.
Third Set: I can max break my Support Fire CE. Otherwise bad results, stopped here. >___>

CE-wise, most of them are duplicates except Support Fire.

Spent more than I planned, but WHERE'S NITOCRIS?!

I now have three Eli-chan (Original, Brave, Mecha). I am still holding out that they put Halloween 2015 event back up so that by the end of the year, I can deploy a Full Eli-chan Team™.

deanote666

I've figured out that it isn't worth pulling more than 2-3 times on a banner unless you're willing to go full whale to get the desired servant.

Almost all of the special servants I've gotten has been pulled within the first 3 10 servant pulls. Any beyond that required around 10 10 servant pulls to get.

Edit: Not looking forward to Day 6 quest... I only got my Dante up to level 51...

Last edited:

duongsn

I actually do have 4500-ish Mana Prisms, but I'm not sure whether to go for Lunchtime or Mona Lisa. I am playing more casually (only 10/10/10 Servant I have is Tama-chan), so I don't even farm money. Not yet, anyways.

I think you should just go for Lunchtime, as it gives immediate benefit. On NA, my Mona Lisa CE has been collecting dust for a while and unless there is a 1/2AP event for QP quests, I don't see myself using it anytime soon. People also seems to opt for borrowing my Fran+Kaleidoscope, rather than Santa Alter + Mona Lisa, so uuhh, kinda regret dumping MP on it now -.-"

Forgot to add you. Fake Edit: noooooooooo, you already got her to 3rd form. ;_____;
Edit: IGN is Alchemy in hiragana, coz ATXAchemy in romaji makes weird dialogues in the story.

Only the illustration art and battle portrait is her 3rd form, I set her battle sprite and card selection to 2nd :D I vaguely recognized your IGN, as Katakana and Hiragana are the only things left from my failed attempts to learn Japanese :<

P.S. If you're a fan of 2~3 mecha series featured in SRW V or SRW X (to be released this month), you might want to try those. Maybe V, since you could probably find a used English copy easier. I don't really recommend SRW to non-mecha fans, since they are fanservice games for mecha fans.

I'm not that invested in mecha, so my mecha-history is all over the place. Here are the media I've watched/read, most of them are more recent stuff though:
- Neon Genesis Evangelion (the manga and the Rebuild movies)
- Gundam Unicorn (actually I only watched 2 episodes then stopped for some reasons...need to find time to finish it)
- Voltron (the new Netflix reboot, my sister talked me into watching it. Then when I did some research on the franchise, it turned out that my country has an official completed comic adaptation of classic Voltron/GoLion, same design and everything except his name here is "Hesman". I read it in circa 1996 and liked it a lot).
- Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles.
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (only the manga).

Based on those, I will give V a try if I can find a cheap Vita copy.

Gacha stuff

I once dreamed that I have 400 quartz lol. As a weak-willed mostly F2P player, the most Quartz I was able to save is 120, so I just pray to RNGesus and blame Desire Sensor lol

Pejo

Well, did the last challenge quest that gives a ticket last night, threw all the tickets at the Dantes banner and no dice. Bummer, but that's how she rolls I guess. I need to start saving back up for when Cu Alter is released.

deanote666

Well, did the last challenge quest that gives a ticket last night, threw all the tickets at the Dantes banner and no dice. Bummer, but that's how she rolls I guess. I need to start saving back up for when Cu Alter is released.
I'm not even getting the "rate up" CE's... Just more bad 3 star CE's with the tickets.

duongsn

I'm not even getting the "rate up" CE's... Just more bad 3 star CE's with the tickets.

The CEs on Dantes' banner are not actually 'rated up', they're just there for, uhh, the sake of decoration, like the servants being shown on story banner.

Felt like dropping a last minute 10-pulls for Dantes, so I did it, and here's the result:

Now my Code Cast is MLB'd and Heaven's Feel is one copy short from being LMB'd, though I wish I could trade two of them for Piece of 2030 :<

He will soon arrive along America! I'm excited for the new chapter, and maybe will drop some quartz for Helena :D

Pejo

The CEs on Dantes' banner are not actually 'rated up', they're just there for, uhh, the sake of decoration, like the servants being shown on story banner.

Felt like dropping a last minute 10-pulls for Dantes, so I did it, and here's the result:

Now my Code Cast is MLB'd and Heaven's Feel is one copy short from being LMB'd, though I wish I could trade two of them for Piece of 2030 :<

He will soon arrive along America! I'm excited for the new chapter, and maybe will drop some quartz for Helena :D
I just saw the news pop up last night that the next singularity was coming and was instantly filled with regret for burning my entire stash on Dantes (and not getting him). It looks like I might have to open the wallet a bit to ensure I get Cu. I have all his ascension mats and skill mats to get him maxed and 10/10/10. Now about those xp cards...

Pejo

No news in a few days, just kinda farming xp embers. Stream in 2 days and 'Murica released on the 15th. If we follow the JP order it looks like Jeanne Alter is the only banner I might drop some Quartz on before Cu Alter, so I do have some time for savings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom