Fate/Grand Order |OT| That’s Hell You’re Walking Into

What'd you get on the guaranteed SSR? i went lancer and got two Enkidus and a Vlad (lancer), and Jaguar man NP4.
Ugh. I did the assassin/ruler one. I don't have a 5* assassin servant and paid money to maybe get one. Since there is only one, yes ONE, 5* assassin (which sucks), I knew there was a chance I would get Jeanne. Not that I would mind that since I don't have her. But I got TWO 5* servants and they were both JEANNE! Man, I was so pissed. I don't get 5* servants in the game. It just doesn't really happen. Hell, I can't even get 4* units. My whole pull was fraggin Jekyll. Can you believe that? I got like 5 of him. All of the guys I could have gotten and I got 5 of fraggin' Jekyll. There are so many assassin servants I don't have and ended up with 2 Jeanne (not an assassin), 5 Jekyll, and the rest cards. Terrible pull, man. It sucked. I'll never do this again...ever. I felt like I wasted money (which I did). I'm still pissed about it.

Jul 1, 2009
Ugh. I did the assassin/ruler one. I don't have a 5* assassin servant and paid money to maybe get one. Since there is only one, yes ONE, 5* assassin (which sucks), I knew there was a chance I would get Jeanne. Not that I would mind that since I don't have her. But I got TWO 5* servants and they were both JEANNE! Man, I was so pissed. I don't get 5* servants in the game. It just doesn't really happen. Hell, I can't even get 4* units. My whole pull was fraggin Jekyll. Can you believe that? I got like 5 of him. All of the guys I could have gotten and I got 5 of fraggin' Jekyll. There are so many assassin servants I don't have and ended up with 2 Jeanne (not an assassin), 5 Jekyll, and the rest cards. Terrible pull, man. It sucked. I'll never do this again...ever. I felt like I wasted money (which I did). I'm still pissed about it.
Well, Jeanne NP2 is definitely not worth much, but one copy is great for stall teams. She's going to serve you pretty well when break bars get implemented this year if you don't have Merlin/Buster teams to crash right through the enemies. There was a time on the tier list where Jeanne was the highest rated servant that's not Merlin/Waver. Still, sorry you didn't get Jack.

I was able to snag Hassan last night, but I had to dig into the wallet a little to do so. He was my most wanted servant for this half of the year until the new Summer units, so I didn't mind dropping some cash. I still have a little chunk leftover to try for MHXA when her banner releases in a few weeks. They really front-loaded this year in this game. Lots of return banners for the rest of the year.

I'm really sad that the ember mines are back to normal, I was enjoying the influx.

I don't mind having one of her, but to actually get a 5* and it's the same one...ugh. I didn't think there was a way I'd be disappointed and came away disappointed.

I can't think of anything else I'd want out of this game until the Summer banner comes back and I can get a second try for Surfer Mordred and Watergun Artoria. I doubt I'll get lucky, but that's the only thing I wanted to save for so far. The game is getting to the point where I'm just not interested in anything going forward since fights are getting harder and the game is getting harder in general. I still can't really finish the Camelot thing and I'm not interested in continuing with it. At least I get ghost Da Vinci in the shop. I don't like BS fights and I feel like this game is going in the direction of FFBE with lots of silly fights that really aren't all that much fun.

Which is another reason why I'm so mad about the whole Jeanne thing. I can't believe I was weak enough to go against something I said I wouldn't do and pay for something I know I'm on the verge of quitting anyway. It's not like the game has done much to keep my invested up until this point. Pretty much all of my pulls have been shitty and the only thing I can say I REALLY got luck with is that I got Scath when I wanted her, even though it was looking like that wasn't going to happen, too. This game just doesn't give at all and expect everyone to drop insane amounts of money to gamble for units. It sucks.

It sucks even more that I like the characters and the events and that keeps me playing. I'd like to have a well rounded group of characters I like, but the game just doesn't let that happen, even with saving tons of SQ.

One funny thing about all of this is I'm afraid to pull for casters because I have this sinking feeling I'll end up with Zhuge #3. That's one of my biggest fears. I don't want to waste another rare as hell 5* pull on another Zhuge....

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2009
I don't mind having one of her, but to actually get a 5* and it's the same one...ugh. I didn't think there was a way I'd be disappointed and came away disappointed.

I can't think of anything else I'd want out of this game until the Summer banner comes back and I can get a second try for Surfer Mordred and Watergun Artoria. I doubt I'll get lucky, but that's the only thing I wanted to save for so far. The game is getting to the point where I'm just not interested in anything going forward since fights are getting harder and the game is getting harder in general. I still can't really finish the Camelot thing and I'm not interested in continuing with it. At least I get ghost Da Vinci in the shop. I don't like BS fights and I feel like this game is going in the direction of FFBE with lots of silly fights that really aren't all that much fun.

Which is another reason why I'm so mad about the whole Jeanne thing. I can't believe I was weak enough to go against something I said I wouldn't do and pay for something I know I'm on the verge of quitting anyway. It's not like the game has done much to keep my invested up until this point. Pretty much all of my pulls have been shitty and the only thing I can say I REALLY got luck with is that I got Scath when I wanted her, even though it was looking like that wasn't going to happen, too. This game just doesn't give at all and expect everyone to drop insane amounts of money to gamble for units. It sucks.

It sucks even more that I like the characters and the events and that keeps me playing. I'd like to have a well rounded group of characters I like, but the game just doesn't let that happen, even with saving tons of SQ.

One funny thing about all of this is I'm afraid to pull for casters because I have this sinking feeling I'll end up with Zhuge #3. That's one of my biggest fears. I don't want to waste another rare as hell 5* pull on another Zhuge....
Understandable. If you like any of the stories, though, you really should still make an attempt to finish Camelot and Babylonia. They were really fun reads. Nothing wrong with just playing for the easy events and saving SQ though.

Jul 1, 2009
Oh boy, here comes Dantes again. Last time I put up a ton of Quartz for him and didn't get him. Luckily all the challenge quests give Summon Tickets. I'm going to use the superstitious summoning methods to see if I can luck into getting him this time.

- Enhance heroes or CEs until you get a Super Success or better, then do a single pull.
- Summon FP summon until you get a 3* servant then do a single pull on banner.

I've never tried the first one before, but the second one actually worked for me before on my first Anne & Mary.

Anyways, he actually becomes one of the highest rank servants in a few years when Skadi meta drops, but I also have to watch out on my Quartz reserves because MHXA is coming in a few weeks and I definitely want to try to pick her up, maybe even NP2. I love her 3rd ascension design a lot. I don't know what it is, but I don't like any of the regular Sabers at all, but I really like edgy Alter, pretty much across all of her iterations.

Jul 1, 2009
Cool pic ^, wonder what it's made out of? Modeling Styrofoam stuff? It can't be too heavy with that flimsy base holding it up.

Man it's crazy how far my team has come, I'm annihilating these Dantes event challenge quests in 3-4 turns this year. Last year they were a struggle. The final challenge still looks to be a bit of a tough one, might have to dig out my old arts stall team for that one. I am a little concerned that Dantes himself has invincible/evade ignore. I'd hate to slog through the whole quest only to get rooked at the end there. I could also bring a buff clear like Amakusa to get rid of the buff when he casts it. Anyone know if it's a one time buff or if he can cast it back to back? I guess I'm most concerned about him casting it right before he NPs. Too bad we don't have a Moon Cancer yet.

Also, finally got my Dantes! Did a few 10 pulls and got rainbow spooked by Ozy NP2, which was a major bummer, but got Dantes on the very next pull. Whew.

Jul 1, 2009
Well, I did it. Took forever though. My team was Jeanne/Archuria/Medea Lily/Rider Martha/Caster Tamamo/Friend Waver. As you can see, took over 100 turns, lol. IMO, the hardest parts were the Lancer homunculi and dual rulers. Amakusa's NP does WAY more damage than you'd expect it to, even with Jeanne's NP strength debuff and waver's def buff. MVP for me, as always with Arts stall tactics, was Medea Lily. With a linup of her/Jeanne/Tamamo, it's nearly impossible to die. Funny enough, I brought Martha for enemy buff clear and debuff cleanse, but she ended up just coming in for a single round to eat a NP and die, lol. Dantes never even got a chance to get his NP off, and never used his "bypass invincible" skill. Archuria's NP spam is amazing, I'm really glad I went for her NP2. Felt like a waste at the time, but she gets like 60-80% NP back from her NP every time she uses it.

Pejo

Jul 1, 2009
Hell yea, got MHXA! I was down to my last 30~ quartz too, came off of a silver zerker card that cracked and flashed gold. Total spent was 35 tickets and 180 SQ. Down to basically nothing now.

Also got NP5 Taiga along the way and quite a few event CEs. Finally the pressure is off from pulling for a while. The past few weeks have been full of servants I wanted.

Valentine's event has Gallstones, which I need a ton of, so i'll definitely be farming that for a while. Any of you guys pull on the banner, or are you waiting for the dual rate-ups?

every day the banner switches and will have a second female 5* focus, along with MHXA. Like MHXA and Sanzang, MHXA and Jack, etc etc. First day of the event was the only day where MHXA got a solo rateup.
Ah. That makes sense. Never heard it called that. Doesn't matter, I think I've only ever gotten an on banner 5* character once in this game.

Delight Works has begun work on a new project (probably unrelated to FGO) that is an RPG that may be unconventional (the catchphrase is "can this really be called an RPG?"), uses Unreal Engine, and may probably be some form of GaaS (games as a service) due to how they're hiring for "maintenance" as well.

https://www.frontlinejp.net/2019/03/13/delightworks-announces-new-project/

Jul 1, 2009
I was completely ignoring the rerun of Gudaguda until I noticed they put star quartz rewards in the points rewards. *sigh* looks like I need to bust out the old CEs out of the archive.

In other news, Fate/EXTELLA Link releases today (at least on PC, not sure about console). I picked it up, waiting for the unlock. The gameplay looks a lot more fluid and the graphics have a notable improvement. Hopefully they toned down on the number of those UFO enemies in each zone that shit out captains. They were not fun/hard to fight, just annoying and ultimately why I quit playing the game.

I was completely ignoring the rerun of Gudaguda until I noticed they put star quartz rewards in the points rewards. *sigh* looks like I need to bust out the old CEs out of the archive.

In other news, Fate/EXTELLA Link releases today (at least on PC, not sure about console). I picked it up, waiting for the unlock. The gameplay looks a lot more fluid and the graphics have a notable improvement. Hopefully they toned down on the number of those UFO enemies in each zone that shit out captains. They were not fun/hard to fight, just annoying and ultimately why I quit playing the game.
I bought it on the Nintendo Switch. Can't wait to give it a try since I really enjoyed playing the first game. The story was bad, but playing as Artoria was awesome. :D