• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

duongsn

SSR guaranteed gacha gave me Okita, which I'm super happy about. On the contrary, a ten pull on Scathach gacha gave me 2 Diarmuid and one Knight's Dignity, which is to say, less than satisfactory, especially now that I kinda want Fergus lol

EDarkness

Everything turned out okay with the last event. I actually feel pretty good about where I'm at. My pulls were still crappy, but that's okay. Almost to another 30 SQ pull and it would be nice to get Scath, because I like her sprite. But I guess it doesn't matter as long as I don't get Emiya or Zhuge again. Looking forward to Christmas as I understand there's another good unit we'll be given. Now, I just have to farm EXP cards!

vato_loco

I'm having all of the trouble finding the myriad items I need to keep ascending my units. Where the hell do I farm for this stuff?

I need the chess pieces (?), Claws of Chaos, Dragon Fangs and Ghost Lanterns.

Pejo

I'm having all of the trouble finding the myriad items I need to keep ascending my units. Where the hell do I farm for this stuff?

I need the chess pieces (?), Claws of Chaos, Dragon Fangs and Ghost Lanterns.

Most of that stuff will be dropped most efficiently from the corresponding daily quests. If you search the item you want on the wiki, it will tell you the drop locations. Like here's the one for claws of chaos: http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Talon_of_Chaos

EDarkness

Added you Vato, my ign is Prof.Okido. My id is 187,669,264 in case anyone looking for an active player :D

btw Xmas event is coming guys!! I gonna drop a ten pull on that, hoping to summon Nursery Rythme XD

Looking forward to the Christmas event. Another servant to build up!!!

Pejo

So how are your christmas farming teams looking so far? I need a lot of work on mine, might need to burn some apples on Rider day to try to get some pieces/monuments. I am completely out of quartz after finally getting Scat, so it's very unlikely I'll get NR or Jack.

Kx2dbrt.jpg

EDarkness

So how are your christmas farming teams looking so far? I need a lot of work on mine, might need to burn some apples on Rider day to try to get some pieces/monuments. I am completely out of quartz after finally getting Scat, so it's very unlikely I'll get NR or Jack.

How tough is the Christmas event supposed to be? I want to be excited, but I feel like it may be too tough for my band of merry men.

duongsn

It's looking pretty bad. And I can't bring myself to level up anyone else other than David or Robin, so...guess I'll be relying on Rider SAlter and hopefully Nursery Rhyme (please come home~).

How tough is the Christmas event supposed to be? I want to be excited, but I feel like it may be too tough for my band of merry men.

From what I've read, it seems that most quests are doable with double Rider SAlter, and you will receive many exp card to level her up during the event, so no need to worry.

Pejo

If you're not aiming for a full team of bonus units, you can probably easily beat the free quests with your strongest team. I'm dumping resources this week into bonus units simply because you'll make like 10x the return with them leveled due to the way the event works. You can read about it here:

https://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/quest_event_20151216.php#nav

It's looking pretty bad. And I can't bring myself to level up anyone else other than David or Robin, so...guess I'll be relying on Rider SAlter and hopefully Nursery Rhyme (please come home~).

From what I've read, it seems that most quests are doable with double Rider SAlter, and you will receive many exp card to level her up during the event, so no need to worry.

Yea you might want to spend the rest of the 1/2 AP on building them up a bit. Don't forget, We don't get our "free" Santa Alter until later in the event, so you'll be sniping Jack/Marie/NR/Martha supports until then.

Also, don't do your event quests until after you get your Santa Alter, due to the bonus she gives.

EDarkness

I'm trying to get my guys into shape, but looking at their description of the event, I really have no idea how it's supposed to work. I'm just gonna get my servants buffed up and go from there at this point.

duongsn

Also, don't do your event quests until after you get your Santa Alter, due to the bonus she gives.

But don't we have to beat the 7th event quest to unlock the option to trade tickets for her? Or the option is automatically unlocked after the 7th day? With her joining so late, this event should be named "Almost Weekly Without Santa Alter" lol! Well then, guess it's time to give Darius and Phantom some love.

I'm trying to get my guys into shape, but looking at their description of the event, I really have no idea how it's supposed to work. I'm just gonna get my servants buffed up and go from there at this point.

Well I guess we can kinda compare this to Guda Guda Honnoji...You get the brown, blue & black pot equivalents which are ribbon, bell and star. Then instead of dropping Honnoji Point, the quests here give you socks, which you can use to pull presents from raffle boxes. Each box has a set number of items, and you can 'reset' it to move to the next brand new box after getting a certain item (for the first 5 boxes) or getting all the box's content (6th box onward). It sounds confusing at first, but you will surely get it when you actually play the event. That is my experience, having joined and played a similar type of event in JP recently.

On a side note, my boy Emiya hit bond 9 today :D

Pejo

But don't we have to beat the 7th event quest to unlock the option to trade tickets for her? Or the option is automatically unlocked after the 7th day? With her joining so late, this event should be named "Almost Weekly Without Santa Alter" lol! Well then, guess it's time to give Darius and Phantom some love.

Well I guess we can kinda compare this to Guda Guda Honnoji...You get the brown, blue & black pot equivalents which are ribbon, bell and star. Then instead of dropping Honnoji Point, the quests here give you socks, which you can use to pull presents from raffle boxes. Each box has a set number of items, and you can 'reset' it to move to the next brand new box after getting a certain item (for the first 5 boxes) or getting all the box's content (6th box onward). It sounds confusing at first, but you will surely get it when you actually play the event. That is my experience, having joined and played a similar type of event in JP recently.

On a side note, my boy Emiya hit bond 9 today :D

Based on what I've read from the JP version, a new quest gets unlocked every day, whether or not you completed the previous, and the old ones hang around (similar to halloween. So you wait until day 7, do the quest to get Santa Alter, then go back and do the rest to get all the bonus socks. Full disclosure, I did not play JP version, this is just based on what I've read to prepare.

Grats on Bond 9! My Cu is still in 8, but he's close.

Here's my plan:

Take my (hopefully) full team of bonus servants, do the prologue then skip the daily event quests until after I have Santa Alter. First few days, just farm the lower free quests for whatever I want from the ribbons/bells from the shop, then focus on Stars and socks. Roll on the boxes whenever possible to try to clear out the important stuff from the first 5 boxes, then just grind out whatever I can for the highest sock dropping quests and keep rolling boxes.

My goals are to get the CEs first for sock farming, then chicken buckets (to ascend santa alter, even though i will never ever use her), dragon scales, snake orbs and then just socks for boxes. The boxes contain 40 gold and 20 silver XP cards per box, so you should get a lot to help level servants. That's why I shifted to building up my sock farming team now instead of better servants, i'll end up ahead in the long run. I have 42 apples right now. How many I use depends on how burnt out I get it actually playing these stages.

duongsn

Based on what I've read from the JP version, a new quest gets unlocked every day, whether or not you completed the previous, and the old ones hang around (similar to halloween. So you wait until day 7, do the quest to get Santa Alter, then go back and do the rest to get all the bonus socks. Full disclosure, I did not play JP version, this is just based on what I've read to prepare.

Ok ok, I will save apples for use after getting Santa Alter then, the last 3-4 days are gonna be busy.

Pejo

Man, I need 2 more Golem spike ball things to get Jing Ke ascended, been farming them since yesterday afternoon from Gaul and still no luck. It's only the prologue today, so I still have a chance to get her ascended a little more.

Don't forget to get the new 5 tickets from the Mana Prism store. I used mine and did 2 30 quartz rolls and got a handful of event CEs, nothing else worthwhile though.

EDarkness

I bought the tickets with the prisms and got...cards. Not a single unit. The sad thing is I got a couple of 5* cards, but no servants. Oh well, that's how it goes.

Not sure how I feel about this event. It REALLY doesn't promote healthy behavior and the randomness of it is crappy. I'm rolling in bows, though. Bought the first bucket of chicken, but I'm not sure how I'm gonna do the other quests because they're pretty hard. I know it says recommended level of 40, but holy shit that stuff is hard as hell. I took a group of 40-50 guys and I got down to the last servant. That's insane. Not sure I want to really do this one because it's not as simple or easy as a holiday event should be, I think.

Pejo

I bought the tickets with the prisms and got...cards. Not a single unit. The sad thing is I got a couple of 5* cards, but no servants. Oh well, that's how it goes.

Not sure how I feel about this event. It REALLY doesn't promote healthy behavior and the randomness of it is crappy. I'm rolling in bows, though. Bought the first bucket of chicken, but I'm not sure how I'm gonna do the other quests because they're pretty hard. I know it says recommended level of 40, but holy shit that stuff is hard as hell. I took a group of 40-50 guys and I got down to the last servant. That's insane. Not sure I want to really do this one because it's not as simple or easy as a holiday event should be, I think.

I think it's just that catching up is hard in this game due to limited ascension materials and bad drop rates. If you missed some earlier easier events, you missed out on a lot of materials that would have made your team overall stronger by now, and it has a snowballing effect. The one nice thing about this event is that almost everyone will be using lower tier characters for the bonus, so they probably tuned it to that. At least you don't have to worry about gearing/equipping characters in this game, it's just leveling them and their skills.

Finally got my Golem balls, so I was able to fully uncap Jing Ke. My farming team looks a lot better now. Still don't know how this is going to go vs. the later stages, but for now it's fine.

EDarkness

I think it's just that catching up is hard in this game due to limited ascension materials and bad drop rates. If you missed some earlier easier events, you missed out on a lot of materials that would have made your team overall stronger by now, and it has a snowballing effect. The one nice thing about this event is that almost everyone will be using lower tier characters for the bonus, so they probably tuned it to that. At least you don't have to worry about gearing/equipping characters in this game, it's just leveling them and their skills.

Finally got my Golem balls, so I was able to fully uncap Jing Ke. My farming team looks a lot better now. Still don't know how this is going to go vs. the later stages, but for now it's fine.

I feel like named enemies are dangerous and do a lot of damage. The level suggestions are way off as well. There is no way a group of level 40 guys should get their ass handed to them in a level 40 suggested quest. I mean, the last boss was level 45 or something and basically demolished my guys. There are too many different types of units in there, so you're gonna get screwed because you can't cover everything...especially if you get the bonus. I feel like the Halloween event and even the one we just had were tuned better because the low end 3* units that they expect you to use will get thrashed consistently with the setup they have now. I mean, my Jing Ke is level 50 and has trouble in level the low level quests. Let's not even talk about Robin Hood and Caesar. I tend to run these quests with powered up characters because the other guys...even at level 50 just get smashed. I think they REALLY should retune this stuff. It's supposed to be a fun event for the holidays, but I feel like it's too hard.

Hell, them has an assassin and archer that you have to take out in three rounds or they NP your face in. Do you know how hard that is with these shitty characters they want us to use? It also doesn't help that they have so many damage sponge enemies that take forever to actually kill.

Ugh. Sorry, I'm ranting. I figured this would be a nice little event like the Halloween one, but instead it's pretty terrible.

Pejo

I feel like named enemies are dangerous and do a lot of damage. The level suggestions are way off as well. There is no way a group of level 40 guys should get their ass handed to them in a level 40 suggested quest. I mean, the last boss was level 45 or something and basically demolished my guys. There are too many different types of units in there, so you're gonna get screwed because you can't cover everything...especially if you get the bonus. I feel like the Halloween event and even the one we just had were tuned better because the low end 3* units that they expect you to use will get thrashed consistently with the setup they have now. I mean, my Jing Ke is level 50 and has trouble in level the low level quests. Let's not even talk about Robin Hood and Caesar. I tend to run these quests with powered up characters because the other guys...even at level 50 just get smashed. I think they REALLY should retune this stuff. It's supposed to be a fun event for the holidays, but I feel like it's too hard.

Hell, them has an assassin and archer that you have to take out in three rounds or they NP your face in. Do you know how hard that is with these shitty characters they want us to use? It also doesn't help that they have so many damage sponge enemies that take forever to actually kill.

Ugh. Sorry, I'm ranting. I figured this would be a nice little event like the Halloween one, but instead it's pretty terrible.

Well in the case of Stheno and Euryale, you can just target Euryale since Stheno's NP only insta-kills male units and lowers def. If you have a full team of female units it's not that threatening, but yea I get what you're saying. I agree the level descriptions are a bit off.

duongsn

5 tickets and a ten rolls later, she came home!!

No event CE though, but I can live with that.

Well the event has just started, just wait until you get Santa Alter, she will make things much easier. Do you have any Jack on your friend list? I borrowed a lv45 Jack and she demolished the 20 AP quest. A buffed NP/Q/Q brave chain can one shot either Stheno or Euryale. Also, remember that you are not forced to only use bonus servants, replace them with your main guys if it make the quest easier. It's not worth it to get 2 more socks if you get frustrated all the time . About the quest-having-too-many-classes problem, all I can say is 'when in doubt, just bring berserker' lol

Cruziao

Neo Member

What's your Robin Hood and Caesar level? My strategy for 20, 30 & 40 AP pretty much just filling NP gauge in 1st and 2nd wave then in 3rd wave Robin Hood poison > mystic code attack buff Caesar > Robin Hood NP at the most dangerous (poisoned) servant > Caesar NP > ... > done. Both my Robin Hood and Caesar is level 60 though.

EDarkness

What's your Robin Hood and Caesar level? My strategy for 20, 30 & 40 AP pretty much just filling NP gauge in 1st and 2nd wave then in 3rd wave Robin Hood poison > mystic code attack buff Caesar > Robin Hood NP at the most dangerous (poisoned) servant > Caesar NP > ... > done. Both my Robin Hood and Caesar is level 60 though.

Both of them are level 50. So I figured I'd be able to stomp that one, but no luck. I've been running the easy 10 AP one most of the time because it's fairly easy with a Rider/Archer/Archer setup. I'm at 250 gifts left and still haven't gotten the ticket. Hell, I haven't gotten anything from the top four tiers yet. I guess it's gonna go all the way down the the wire, and I guess that's what they want....

deanote666

Both of them are level 50. So I figured I'd be able to stomp that one, but no luck. I've been running the easy 10 AP one most of the time because it's fairly easy with a Rider/Archer/Archer setup. I'm at 250 gifts left and still haven't gotten the ticket. Hell, I haven't gotten anything from the top four tiers yet. I guess it's gonna go all the way down the the wire, and I guess that's what they want....

I'm using a okita lvl 50, jean lvl 80, and a borrowed gil with 14000 attack for the 40AP. Rest are only low level stocking multipliers.

I got my first ticket when i had under 40 prizes left. Have fun.

Down to under 450 on the 2nd prize pool...

So qp will have no meaning after this event then?

EDarkness

I'm curious, but when can I spend my tickets to get the Santa Alter? I got the ticket, but can't use it because she's not available. I assume that we get her on the last day or something?

Cruziao

Neo Member
I'm curious, but when can I spend my tickets to get the Santa Alter? I got the ticket, but can't use it because she's not available. I assume that we get her on the last day or something?

She is available after the last Main Quest which is on December 7th.
I'm still farming gold star for the Holy Night Sign and KFC bucket @_@

Pejo

So I did another 10 pull over ther the weekend, and managed to snag a Jack but leveling her has been absolutely painful so far. I wasn't expecting so many QP and FP fillers per lottery box from the event. It's taking forever to just get the gold XP cards from them. I'm done with all the stuff I wanted from Ribbons and Bells, I just need the last fried chicken then I'm going full lottery spam. Any spare gold stars I get are going towards reverse scales.

This event hasn't been too bad for me, though I like the style of the Gudaguda one the best so far, with the points ladder.

EDarkness

Still sloggin' through the event and ended up with one ticket and two buckets of chicken so far. Need to get enough stars for the next two buckets, so I started running the 30 AP. I wish I could get more cards to help get more stars, but no luck so far. It's all good, though. I seem to have found my rhythm, so things have been going a lot smoother than they had been. Have to agree with Pejo, though, I liked the last event much better.

Pejo

Still sloggin' through the event and ended up with one ticket and two buckets of chicken so far. Need to get enough stars for the next two buckets, so I started running the 30 AP. I wish I could get more cards to help get more stars, but no luck so far. It's all good, though. I seem to have found my rhythm, so things have been going a lot smoother than they had been. Have to agree with Pejo, though, I liked the last event much better.

I'll stick the Star CE on my Jack (almost level 70, in the All slot) and my lv 80 Martha(Rider slot). Either of them should help with the 30AP.

If you need me to mix around the CE's with the characters, I don't mind.

EDarkness

I had to use a couple of apples, but I was able to get another bucket of chicken, so only one more to go before I can just go whole hog on the stockings. I have a lot of EXP cards saved up, so I can build up Santa Artoria when we get her. I have to admit that the extra EXP cards are nice. Too bad I haven't had enough SQ to do more than one pull on the banner this event. I don't think I'm gonna be able to do more than that before it's all said and done. Either way, I'm glad I have a team that can do the 30 AP quest with no trouble at all.

duongsn

I'm done with the first 5 boxes and the shop except scales and monuments/pieces. Why does Santa Alter have to join so late :s

EDarkness

I'm done with the first 5 boxes and the shop except scales and monuments/pieces. Why does Santa Alter have to join so late :s

I'm wondering the same thing. I have all of the buckets of chicken now and working on the third Santa card. By the time I get her, I'll just be leveling her up and won't need her for anything else, really. Oh well, it'll be good to have a decent Rider servant once she joins.

All I'm doing now is going after socks. Whatever stars, bows, and bells I have left will go towards getting monuments and stuff.

Pejo

I haven't even started going "all in" for socks yet. I got one CE drop, if I get a second one I can MLB the one and still get max bonus, allowing me to farm socks and stars at the same time. I'm down to absolutely 0 Rider monuments, so I'd really like to get all 20 of them, and I'm done with all the other star stuff (reverse scales, CEs, Chicken).

So do you guys think we're getting Saber Wars after this to coincide with the new Star Wars movie? I expected that's why we got Christmas so early. I expect Christmas to end, then immediately Saber Wars, then London right after.

And it feels like just yesterday I was complaining about not having anything to do in the game. I would kill for a few days to just grind dailies and relax, lol.

Pejo

I don't even have Saber Lilly. Heh, I've only ever pulled 3 4* units. Emiya x2 and Saber Alter. Awesome, eh?

Ah, I forgot - She was a free gift if you started playing the first week or so when the game was released. You'll get a chance to get free copies in the event though, like Saber Alter from this event.

duongsn

I'm wondering the same thing. I have all of the buckets of chicken now and working on the third Santa card. By the time I get her, I'll just be leveling her up and won't need her for anything else, really. Oh well, it'll be good to have a decent Rider servant once she joins.

All I'm doing now is going after socks. Whatever stars, bows, and bells I have left will go towards getting monuments and stuff.

Her NP5 is beastly though, with Medusa my door farming team is now complete.

I haven't even started going "all in" for socks yet. I got one CE drop, if I get a second one I can MLB the one and still get max bonus, allowing me to farm socks and stars at the same time. I'm down to absolutely 0 Rider monuments, so I'd really like to get all 20 of them, and I'm done with all the other star stuff (reverse scales, CEs, Chicken).

So do you guys think we're getting Saber Wars after this to coincide with the new Star Wars movie? I expected that's why we got Christmas so early. I expect Christmas to end, then immediately Saber Wars, then London right after.

And it feels like just yesterday I was complaining about not having anything to do in the game. I would kill for a few days to just grind dailies and relax, lol.

Never thought that I would say this, but I miss just logging in, killing some hands then wait half a day to kill more hands lol
Two servants playing roles in Saber Wars appear in London first, so I think its unlikely that Saber Wars will come before London.

Pejo

Finally went through last night and did all the event quests, got a ton of socks and MLB'd the event CE. Going to have to burn through some boxes today and max out Santa Alter. I'm in full socks mode now. I was really hoping it'd be faster getting xp cards from these boxes, but I vastly underestimated how many bullshit FP/QP drops would be mixed in. I still have 10+ servants waiting for xp.

I fundamentally misunderstood something about the event though. The event bonus servants are what give you additional socks per drop. The CE bonus is just for chance at getting those "Extra" socks to drop, (with the red ribbon).

I beat the 50AP last night with event servants, but it's way too RNG dependent to be an easy farm, so i'm just going to easy farm out the 40AP for the rest of the event.

Which box are you guys on for the lottery? I'm only on 5 so far.

deanote666

I'm almost half way though Box 7.

I don't have any CE for the stars or silver bells so farming those have been hard.

How good of a drop rate is there for Serpent Jewel and the various Pieces from their respective quests?

EDarkness

I'm only on box 5, but I could go to 6 if I wanted. I got the grand prize at 450 so I'm just going to get more EXP tickets. After that, I'll switch to box 6. I have to admit, after getting Santa Alter, it's been extremely easy getting socks. Not sure when this thing ends, but I'm gonna try to farm the hell out of it as much as I can. I just wish folks wouldn't get rid of their high level Martha's. I like using her over double Santa Rider because I keep getting their icons mixed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom