• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my Scath. First card in that 10 card pull.

I think we've found the guy who's been siphoning all our luck. Tie this guy down, and we'll split his account between us.

Just in case some people haven't seen it yet. It also includes some attacks from Sakamoto Ryouma.

I think it's pretty much okay to say that 2018 or Part 2 is the "4th Generation" of FGO animation.

deanote, gimme back my luck.

All I wanted is a single copy of Kiyohime... A single one! I wasn't even aiming for Tama-chan Summer. 20 years of saving up tickets (70 tickets). Gone! In an instant! Like that! Poof! Don't gamble, kids!

What I got instead was Nitocris and Ibaragin. I threw some tickets/gems at them months ago (during Setsubun and that winter FGO event ), and they only come now?!?!?!

Now, I just need another copy of Nitocris, both for the damage and the 200% OC. I already got a copy of Mashou Bosatsu, so maxed Skill2 + Mashou Bosatsu = instant 400% NP Charge without NP chaining.

I expected to not get Nitocris for quite a long while, so I put some of my resources to King Gilgamesh (and even combined him to NP2). Sorta regretting that now. :(

The gacha CEs from 2016 Summer (both part 1 and part 2) aren't so good, IMO. Got Pirates Party, but don't really need it since I already have Beheader Bunny 2016 and Origin Bullet. Also got limit broken Twilight Memory, which isn't too useful. -____-

At least I finally got my first Prisma Cosmos, another Magdala, and the last copy for LB Gentle Kindness.

The outlook is definitely not good. I wanted at least one copy each of Kiyohime, Marie, and Martha since it looks like they'll never ever get their animation update. Esp. the Marie one, since noone ever puts her on their support. But I'm thinking of giving up swimwear servants 2016 and 2017. Maybe pull for summer 2018 if it has Inferno or Ere-chan.

OTOH, I also have to go for Katsushika Hokusai, and two Part2 5* Servants.

This is despair!

Pejo

deanote, gimme back my luck.

All I wanted is a single copy of Kiyohime... A single one! I wasn't even aiming for Tama-chan Summer. 20 years of saving up tickets (70 tickets). Gone! In an instant! Like that! Poof! Don't gamble, kids!

What I got instead was Nitocris and Ibaragin. I threw some tickets/gems at them months ago (during Setsubun and that winter FGO event ), and they only come now?!?!?!

Now, I just need another copy of Nitocris, both for the damage and the 200% OC. I already got a copy of Mashou Bosatsu, so maxed Skill2 + Mashou Bosatsu = instant 400% NP Charge without NP chaining.

I expected to not get Nitocris for quite a long while, so I put some of my resources to King Gilgamesh (and even combined him to NP2). Sorta regretting that now. :(

The gacha CEs from 2016 Summer (both part 1 and part 2) aren't so good, IMO. Got Pirates Party, but don't really need it since I already have Beheader Bunny 2016 and Origin Bullet. Also got limit broken Twilight Memory, which isn't too useful. -____-

At least I finally got my first Prisma Cosmos, another Magdala, and the last copy for LB Gentle Kindness.

The outlook is definitely not good. I wanted at least one copy each of Kiyohime, Marie, and Martha since it looks like they'll never ever get their animation update. Esp. the Marie one, since noone ever puts her on their support. But I'm thinking of giving up swimwear servants 2016 and 2017. Maybe pull for summer 2018 if it has Inferno or Ere-chan.

OTOH, I also have to go for Katsushika Hokusai, and two Part2 5* Servants.

This is despair!
I only know half of what you're talking about, but I'm definitely getting pretty psyched for swimsuits round 1 in GL. I had no idea until today when i was looking it up that 4* Scat (assassin) is a welfare servant. EDarkness is going to be happy, lol.

Personally I'm shooting for Kiyo + Anne & Mary. I'm still sitting at 11 tickets and 90'ish SQ, but I have some time to go back and finish all the Free Quests from the past few levels.

I think we still have the Raikou/Banana banner coming first right? Maybe even Camelot?

Hah, the Swimwear servants I wanted goes like Tama-chan, Kiyohime, Marie, Martha, Nitocris (mostly for the polytail), Raikou (mainly coz easier to get than OG).

One thing I really hate about swimwear servants is that they come in two batches. I wish they just announce all servants instead of having to wait for two events to unfold.

EDarkness

Welp, I got the necessary 30 SQ last night and did my 10 pull. I expected nothing, because this game hates me, but holy shit...I got Scath!!! Woot!!! Nothing else in that pull, but I'm fine with that. So I have 1 SQ left and gotta save up now, but I at least got her. My first on banner unit. Feels good, man.

Oh, and I can't wait for the swimsuit units. I hope assassin Scath is good, because I am in serious need of assassin units. I think I'm gonna get Carmilla with my ticket since that would give me another assassin unit I can use. Heard her attacks were going to get updated at some point, too.

Now that I have Scath, I'm not sure who I want to get next. The two units I've wanted from the beginning, I've gotten. I guess it doesn't matter at this point. Heh, heh.

Last edited:

Pejo

Hah, the Swimwear servants I wanted goes like Tama-chan, Kiyohime, Marie, Martha, Nitocris (mostly for the polytail), Raikou (mainly coz easier to get than OG).

One thing I really hate about swimwear servants is that they come in two batches. I wish they just announce all servants instead of having to wait for two events to unfold.
Wait, which swimsuit gals are in the first run? Scat/Kiyo/Tama/Anne&Mary/Mordred right? Or is Martha/Archuria/Marie in there too? Damn, I may have been underplanning my Quartz needs...
Welp, I got the necessary 30 SQ last night and did my 10 pull. I expected nothing, because this game hates me, but holy shit...I got Scath!!! Woot!!! Nothing else in that pull, but I'm fine with that. So I have 1 SQ left and gotta save up now, but I at least got her. My first on banner unit. Feels good, man.

Oh, and I can't wait for the swimsuit units. I hope assassin Scath is good, because I am in serious need of assassin units. I think I'm gonna get Carmilla with my ticket since that would give me another assassin unit I can use. Heard her attacks were going to get updated at some point, too.

Not that I have Scath, I'm not sure who I want to get next. The two units I've wanted from the beginning, I've gotten. I guess it doesn't matter at this point. Heh, heh.
Congrats man! Happy you picked her up!

Wait, which swimsuit gals are in the first run? Scat/Kiyo/Tama/Anne&Mary/Mordred right? Or is Martha/Archuria/Marie in there too? Damn, I may have been underplanning my Quartz needs...

Yup, all those are 2016 summer servants, alright.

There's only some 10-ish days between the start of two events. So there's no "saving up gems" if that's what you're planning. So if you depleted your gems, you have to grab that old-friend-darkness called Credit Card™.

You need to do both events to get event Servant. First part is only temp, second part is making it permanent. Doing only the former = good bye event servant after event.

On the bright side, CEs for Summer part 1 also works for summer part 2.

I actually threw 90 gems into 13m DL pickup gacha (aka Summer 2016 Part 1). Got nothing decent. That's 100 pulls total; no 5* and only 2x 4* out of the expected 3x 4*. RIP me.

I'm definitely not throwing for Marie anymore. I'll throw some for Summer 2017, less because of servants but because Naruko Hanaharu CE. Then observe for Summer 2018, wait for more Lostbelt chapters*, and Hokusai.

*Mainly for
Tamamo Nine.

E EDarkness : Grats! Actually, you may have to go after one more Servant.

one of the new Servants is expected to be either Scathach or one of her close kins.

They pretty much made her to look exactly like Scathach, voiced by Noto Mamiko and arts by KoyamaHirokazu. So she's pretty much Scathach.

Last edited:

Pejo

Yup, all those are 2016 summer servants, alright.

There's only some 10-ish days between the start of two events. So there's no "saving up gems" if that's what you're planning. So if you depleted your gems, you have to grab that old-friend-darkness called Credit Card™.

You need to do both events to get event Servant. First part is only temp, second part is making it permanent. Doing only the former = good bye event servant after event.

On the bright side, CEs for Summer part 1 also works for summer part 2.

I actually threw 90 gems into 13m DL pickup gacha (aka Summer 2016 Part 1). Got nothing decent. That's 100 pulls total; no 5* and only 2x 4* out of the expected 3x 4*. RIP me.

I'm definitely not throwing for Marie anymore. I'll throw some for Summer 2017, less because of servants but because Naruko Hanaharu CE. Then observe for Summer 2018, wait for more Lostbelt chapters*, and Hokusai.

*Mainly for
Tamamo Nine.

Pejo Pejo : Grats! Actually, you may have to go after one more Servant.

one of the new Servants is expected to be either Scathach or one of her close kins.

They pretty much made her to look exactly like Scathach, voiced by Noto Mamiko and arts by KoyamaHirokazu. So she's pretty much Scathach.
Ah damn, I was totally misreading this event. I only looked at Part 1 and thought part 2 was the following summer like most events. uugghhhh. At least most of the servants I want are the SRs, I don't really care about Tamamo or Archuria.

Also, I think you meant E EDarkness for the congrats, lol.

Pejo

Switched gears a bit, stopped farming the event and have been burning apples on ember farming since we've had a few days of double success rates. Finally got a bunch of servants capped off. George, Angra Mainiiu, Teach, Ushi, Euryale, Camilla, Saber Shiki etc. Got a lot final ascended too that need their last 10 levels, so i'll be burning some more apples throughout the day. Before the next event starts, I want to have Kintoki maxed and maybe Kiyohime, but she's not a priority. Then I have to burn whatever orbs/talisman stock I have to get rid of. I didn't clear the store but I'm not so worried about it.

You guys have your oni slayer teams built for the upcoming event?

deanote666

I finished the west event event shop so I've been farming embers the last few days.

Can count on 1 hand the number of Super Successes... Not one Great Success...

I've been leveling my Xuanzang monk but might stop. Went up 2 levels (now 83) and got 60 attack points total... Same reason my jalter is level 84 and shiki saber is 86...

Lots of barely leveled servants but never enough embers.

Only 1 of my 20 5* servants are still level 1 (Nero Bride). Still plenty of them not ascended once yet.

My 27 4* are still pretty sad.

Haven't even touched my 3* and lower...

Never enough embers!

Missing 9 5* servants and 6 4* servants from summons yet...

Last edited:

Pejo

I finished the west event event shop so I've been farming embers the last few days.

Can count on 1 hand the number of Super Successes... Not one Great Success...

I've been leveling my Xuanzang monk but might stop. Went up 2 levels (now 83) and got 60 attack points total... Same reason my jalter is level 84 and shiki saber is 86...

Lots of barely leveled servants but never enough embers.

Only 1 of my 20 5* servants are still level 1 (Nero Bride). Still plenty of them not ascended once yet.

My 27 4* are still pretty sad.

Haven't even touched my 3* and lower...

Never enough embers!

Missing 9 5* servants and 6 4* servants from summons yet...
Man, you sound like me until the past few days. So many servants, never enough embers. I got pretty lucky with the super successes so far, though far too many of them are still happening when I'm like 2000 xp to max level. Never fails.

Also, got my Waver bond 10 doing this stuff, George is almost done, and Herc is at 8/10.

After this ember binge, I think I'll finally feel "caught up" enough with leveling servants to finally start maxing out some skills. The only level 10 skill I've done still is Waver's ATK boost, lol. Had to save all those mats for ascension.

Pejo

You know, I'm actually starting to miss the downtime to just run dailies twice a day and be done. These past 2 events have required a lot more time, and I'm already burnt out on the raids this time. The double grind AP/BP doesn't help.

As far as the banners go, got Raikou in 4 tickets, then this pull -

9nX0eP5.jpg

Pretty happy!

deanote666

You know, I'm actually starting to miss the downtime to just run dailies twice a day and be done. These past 2 events have required a lot more time, and I'm already burnt out on the raids this time. The double grind AP/BP doesn't help.

As far as the banners go, got Raikou in 4 tickets, then this pull -

Pretty happy!

That's where my banana went... :p

Congrats, btw!

Pejo

That's where my banana went... :p

Congrats, btw!
Thanks man!

So I got my teams sorta figured out for the various Onis.

Green Oni - CuZilla/Waver/Nightengale core unit with Friend/Ushi/Mash
Blue Oni - Euryale/Tamamo Caster/Waver core with Friend/Nobu/Mash (I burned blue pills here if I had them, speeds it up a lot)
Red Oni - Shiki(assassin)/Tamamo/Waver core with Friend Waver/Kirigitsu/New assassin dude (he's level 1, just have him for low cost and increasing bond)

Not sure about last stage yet. I'm able to do the 3BP with these teams, though I almost always just do the 3Million 2BP one instead, it's a lot faster and less brain input/resetting unlucky turns required.

Curious to see what others are using, what do you guys have?

deanote666

I've been doing the Red oni 3BP with Shuten with the 100% CE, 8/10/8 Waver with 50% party CE, 10/10/10 friend Waver with 50% party CE MLB, and the rest place holders with 50% party CE. Shiki assassin as one of them for when one of the Wavers bites it.

Pejo

I have no idea how this event works. I want to get the 4* guy, but I don't think I'm gonna be able to do it. It's too confusing.
It's not really that bad if you concentrate on certain things. Best goal early on is to max limit break the sumo CE (from the shop). It's a really good CE even outside of the event. Then just farm the raid as high as you can. You get points even if you die in this one, so aim a little higher than you did on the last raid event. Then with your AP, just clear all the stages once, then farm whatever currency you want from the shop. The raid bosses are a collective HP within the community, so after we as a whole "clear" a boss, it moves to the next one. We're currently on the last boss. After we kill her, all the bosses open back up so you can farm whichever one you find easiest. I believe you get all the kintoki stuff for getting 100,000,000 damage points, then just have to farm his copies in the currency store if you want to NP5 him (you should, he's a good character).

As far as strategy, just get a support friend with a max limit break hot spring for extra damage boost. You could probably make quick work of the 1,000,000 HP raid boss right now with your max Scat + Waver + friend Iksander or Drake.

deanote666

My above strategy still works for the last raid boss 3BP as well. Switch out one of the Wavers for Mash when she uses her NP and use her invincibility on Shuten. Sometimes the other Waver survives.

Pejo

Damn, Camelot announced. They're really trying to get it all in before the anniversary. Hope they didn't rush the translation. You guys rolling for any of the new units coming up? I'd love a Nito.

EDarkness

I messed around with some of the fights and the 60 AP fight with 3 million HP won't allow me to win. I got her down to 350k, but she thrashed everyone before I could finish her off. Not sure what team I should use, but also not sure about how the attack percentages work. Are they for that unit only? So Emiya gives 60% ATK is that for him or is that for everyone? My group has been Santa Alter, Emiya, Drake (friend), Shiki, Nobunaga, and Kintoki. Shiki is badass, but doesn't benefit from Buster card boosts as much as the others. Berserkers are really hard to fight and extremely annoying.

deanote666

I messed around with some of the fights and the 60 AP fight with 3 million HP won't allow me to win. I got her down to 350k, but she thrashed everyone before I could finish her off. Not sure what team I should use, but also not sure about how the attack percentages work. Are they for that unit only? So Emiya gives 60% ATK is that for him or is that for everyone? My group has been Santa Alter, Emiya, Drake (friend), Shiki, Nobunaga, and Kintoki. Shiki is badass, but doesn't benefit from Buster card boosts as much as the others. Berserkers are really hard to fight and extremely annoying.
The servant boosts are for that servant as far as I know. Assuming you mean event boosts and not CE boosts.

Use the boost items for what card you'll use the most. If shiki (assassin?) is your damage dealer, use arts card enhancers.

Use friend Wavers with the Hot springs CE (MLB if available).

Edit: Did another pull with the event reward SQ... Got my Jean to NP4... :/

Last edited:

Pejo

deanote666 deanote666 What's so good about using Zhuge? He doesn't get a bonus or anything, if I remember correctly.
He can make a unit go from 50%NP to full NP in a single turn, not to mention how good the buffs all are. For instance, if you have anniversary blonde (the outfit) maxed out, you can take a Jeanne Alter in with MLB sumo, buff her up with waver and a NP/ATK buff servant and pretty much 2 round the 3,000,000 hp boss.

Here's an example of my Jeanne Alter with waver and friend Iskander buffs:

Last edited:

deanote666

deanote666 deanote666 What's so good about using Zhuge? He doesn't get a bonus or anything, if I remember correctly.
He can make a unit go from 50%NP to full NP in a single turn, not to mention how good the buffs all are. For instance, if you have anniversary blonde (the outfit) maxed out, you can take a Jeanne Alter in with MLB sumo, buff her up with waver and a NP/ATK buff servant and pretty much 2 round the 3,000,000 hp boss.

Here's an example of my Jeanne Alter with waver and friend Iskander buffs:

Waver/Zhuge isn't about damage but survivablility. Damage decrease for 3 turns (perfect if you can double Waver and have the skill to level 10), increase damage for everyone, and as Pejo said, NP increase. His NP can stun, decrease the enemy's charge, poison/curse, and decrease defense.

Using dual Wavers and Shuten, I'm using someone's NP every 1-3 turns and the boss will either use theirs' once or not at all.

Waver has a lot of arts cards to help get a NP bonus as well.

Last edited:
Man, I hate the challenge quest in Gudaguda Teito Seihai Kitan.

Trial 1: try out as usual.

Trial 2: Boss has triple Defense Up that can be removed, and has 4 classes (Lancer + Assassin/Rider/Caster). So let's start with Mecha Eri-chan (her NP removes all defensive buffs, including Invin/Dodge) and switch to a Lancer, and wait for Mecha Eri-chan to comeback to wreck havok as an Alterego.

Boss buffs herself and proceeded to wipe my team.

Trial 3: Wait, Lancer Eri-chan has ignore defence! I'll try her! Then wait for her to die to switch with Mecha Eri-chan.

At turn 15~20, Eri-chan never died. Decided to stop the fight and switch back to Mecha Eri-chan (and start with her this time while not using Kaleidoscope).

Trial 4: Started well enough. But after I use Mecha Eri-chan NP, boss uses buff, then wipes out team.

WTF, the "this buff can be removed" description is a goddamn fucking trap. Boss gets permanent attack boost AND crit rate up + def debuff on self only if you remove the defense. I thought that the description was just some user-engagement thing to encourage using buff removal. Nope, it's a damn trap.

The attack up/crit rate up is high enough that the boss's AoE NP can do 10k against Mash with 50 Def up and 2.5k damage cut. Boss also has a different buff with crit damage/chance up, and thus, can wreck havok with the trap buffs.

Trial 5: Proceeded with an endurance team consisting of Mash, Tama-chan, Ereshkigal instead and Kur Kigal Irkalla'd my way to victory.

After the first few turns, boss was doing pretty much 0 damage. This is probably the longest challenge quest I've played with 35 turns, beating the Sanzou/Tenjiku challenge quest at 31 turns.

On hindsight, I should have just used friend Black Grail Lv90 BB (someone finally listed her back!), but hey, every opportunity to use Ere-chan! (Fake Edit: Tried Mash BB Tama-chan and got 19 turns instead).

This is also the first time I've used Prisma Cosmos CE on a high difficulty challenge quest. The biggest weakness on PC is starting Tamamo's NP, which is the same weakness of every non-Kaleidoscope/Imaginary Magic CE for her.

As a whole, Gudaguda Teito is quite fun since even the normal bosses are decently difficult. OTOH, it's a newcomers not-welcome event (requires finishing Part 1 and fairly difficult fight).

P.S. I've realized I've been typing Eri-chan for Elizabeth. Too lazy to fix now. Too late to correct mind as well. RIP me.

Last edited:

EDarkness

This last red boss is terrible. I don't have the crew to beat it quickly and none of my friends really have units built to take it out, either. At least I was able to win enough times to finally hit 100,000,000 points so now I can focus on collecting items. My assassin pool is just too terrible right now.

deanote666

^Use the blue beans and Shiki Assassin. Dual waver if you can. Have at least 1 friend one. MLB the single servant attack CE and use the party attack increase CE on everyone else. Use friend servants with the MLB party attack CE if you can.

The drop rates are terrible. Even on the 3ed Hot springs mission with 4 of the CE, I'm lucky to buy 1-2 of Claw of Chaos per playthrough...

EDarkness

But Zhuge gets destroyed by that boss. I had to avoid bringing him because he kept dying in the first couple of rounds and I wasn't able to build up Shiki enough to really do any damage. Surviving was hard to do, so I decided to go with Santa Alter, Shiki, and friend assassin. So tough to deal with, but going with Zhuge wasn't working. Luckily, I don't have to bother anymore. Unfortunately, I can't find what missions drop the cloth/paper. Everything I've tried drops the boxes or branches. Gonna use some apples and try some more places to see if I can find what I'm looking for. I'm soooooooo close to 600 of them.

deanote666

Hardest mission at each spot:
Hot springs - basket
Tower - scrolls
Mountain trail - branches

For Waver, always have the def boost active. If you can double waver and have that skill at level 10 on each one, you can do that the whole battle.

Farm branches for easy exp cards for your Shiki.

Pejo

Well, I'm finally back from my vacation. Was doing daily log ins, but not much else. Logged in this morning and went straight to the Camelot banner - 1st ticket - Nito!!!! holy balls, I've had some insane ticket luck over the past 3 banners. Not content since I wanted a Serenity, I burned a few more tickets, got 2 of the new 4* CE and one Origin Bullet - heck yea. Decided I'd do a single 10 pull -

I'm just dreading when my luck streak wears out....

deanote666

^congrats!

I got Ozy on my 2nd pull and Nito on my 3ed. Burned everything on my first pull.

I constantly have my CE capacity filled up. Is there any use for most of the 4/5* or am I holding onto them for no reason?

Pejo

^congrats!

I got Ozy on my 2nd pull and Nito on my 3ed. Burned everything on my first pull.

I constantly have my CE capacity filled up. Is there any use for most of the 4/5* or am I holding onto them for no reason?
Thanks, that's quite a haul yourself, congrats! Are you using the second archive? That's where I put any extra CE that I'm not actively using

deanote666

Second archive is full as well, capacity maxed out.

Will the Valentine's Day CE carry over to the rerun event or should I burn them?

I have a bunch of CE that sounds like it would be useful so I don't want to combine them, just in case, but outside of event CE's during events, I just use the NP at start of battle increasers.

Melty Sweetheart (2016 Valentine)? Nope.
Sweet Crystal (2017 Valentine)? Nope.
Fondant au Chocolat (2017 Valentine)? Nope.

After that, these CEs are Rare Prism exclusive, costing 5 prism each copy (or 75 for all of them. That means selling 15x 5* or 75x 4* Servants lol).

Valentines is weird in that it is confused what it wants to be. Parts of it follows the "repeatable format", while other parts follows Nero Fest's "completely replace the event" format. I think the 2017 Valentine event is the only event listed as an "Expanded Version" while at the same time also being a 2016 Valentine Revival; the CE giveout (see above) is different. OTOH Valentine 2018 looked more like a "repeatable" event*.

It has a Holy Grail.

Nero Fest completely replaces the previous version, and seems to put the "story" parts into them. (I think no story in 2015, but the 2016 story was included for viewing in Nero Fest 2017). Valen2018 didn't include 2016. Choco events are all the same, though, so you can actually see some discrepancies where there's a huge effort put into the some newer Servant like Ereshkigal compared to launch servants.

This confusion also extends to Chaldea Boys Collection aka Yaoi Card Giveaway.

CBC 2016
CBC 2016 Revival in 2017
CBC 2017
(There is no CBC 2017 Revival this year. lolwhy?)
CBC 2018

If you're talking about each servant's valentine CEs? You can get them again. You can also have only one copy at all times. To get a new chocolate, you have to sell or use it as fodder. So just keep the ones you want for Support Page shenanigans.

I refuse to believe you have 750 CEs (maybe lower on NA) without anything being throwable. LOL. Start chucking your non-gold CEs.

Is the game playable in Europe if you download it with American account or are they blocking IPs?

they dont do ip blocking.

Last edited:

deanote666

I currently have 425/500 CE after clearing some out.

Some are exp cards. Got a lot of chocolate too. Rare Prisms don't exist on NA yet.

I thought it'd be around 600 or something. Doesn't NA get early updates from JP? (Animation, etc)

Get rid of the non-event 3* and lower CEs first except for those 5-ish useful ones. If you can wait until anniversary campaigns super/great success rate up, keep the EXP ones (choco are just glorified EXP cards).

New month, new tickets.

I threw 12 tickets on Summer 2017 and it got me a bunch of stuff I have no use for. I did get a copy of Summer Little CE, but the one I wanted was White Cruising (4* one).

Not sure if I wanna throw gems to end up not getting it.

It seems I have lost my pull records on my excel.

Pejo

Whew, I think I'm finally ready to start digging in to Camelot. I spent the last few days going back and finishing a ton of interludes and strengthening quests that I haven't done up until this point. I'd like to do FQs too, since I have 3 singularity's worth that I haven't touched, but I'm waiting for a 1/2 AP event for those.

Question for those that completed Camelot -

Do we have all of the content necessary to get to where we upgrade Mash, or is there a part 2 that gets released when the 2nd banner goes live before we can upgrade her? She's the thing I was most excited for with this Singularity.

Last edited:

Pejo

It's in the story.
Thanks!

Camelot's been a pretty big step up in writing so far, I feel. The average difficulty has definitely gone up a bit too, which has been fun. I can't just steamroll the content with a team of kaleido equipped AoE Berserkers. It's a shame they don't use little cutscenes with the in-game models instead of just showing a low quality JPG backround with a character portrait. I just read the other day that Fate Go is like 1.6 billion dollars of profit, you'd think they could step up the quality a bit.

EDarkness

I think I'm at the point where I can't do these story things anymore. The game is just starting to kick my ass on a regular basis. I wish they would just keep the overall difficulty at a certain level so that everyone can do them instead of ramping things up every time.

deanote666

I think I'm at the point where I can't do these story things anymore. The game is just starting to kick my ass on a regular basis. I wish they would just keep the overall difficulty at a certain level so that everyone can do them instead of ramping things up every time.
You can always do one every 3 days.

Some people have luck with the 2-3* servants if you're lacking 4-5*, Keep at it!

Edit: They aren't all hard. Just some of the earlier ones so far. Anyone else put off by the realistic faces on the locals being mixed in with the anime style characters so far?

Last edited:

Pejo

For the first time, I feel like you really want to be mindful of the classes you are going up against, and which ones you're bringing with you. I've been constantly switching party setups and Mystic Codes to give myself favorable matchups. This is the first singularity that throws gimmick bosses at us, is that where you're having problems?

You can always do one every 3 days.

Some people have luck with the 2-3* servants if you're lacking 4-5*, Keep at it!

Edit: They aren't all hard. Just some of the earlier ones so far. Anyone else put off by the realistic faces on the locals being mixed in with the anime style characters so far?
Yea that's a piece of what I was talking about with how low quality the actual story visuals are. Like they hired some no-namer cheap artist to do all the extras/monster shadows. I don't understand why they don't just give us cutscenes with the in-game sprites. They look kinda like old Newgrounds type models, seems it'd be easy enough to animate them walking around and having conversations and stuff.

Hello to everyone who has remained at GAF! Hmm, it seems you guys have kept Chaldea running all this time, trying to prevent the incineration of Humanity.

Use Euryale on Gawain. If you have Waver or Tamamo (or both), then use Euryale/Waver/Tamamo. Alternatively if you have neither, take Euryale/Robin Hood/Waver on Support. Have fun beating his face in.

Pejo

Hello to everyone who has remained at GAF! Hmm, it seems you guys have kept Chaldea running all this time, trying to prevent the incineration of Humanity.

Use Euryale on Gawain. If you have Waver or Tamamo (or both), then use Euryale/Waver/Tamamo. Alternatively if you have neither, take Euryale/Robin Hood/Waver on Support. Have fun beating his face in.
Welcome back!

I just spent a few apples going through a big chunk of the Camelot singularity, such a big difference in quality over some of the early ones. It's a shame they weren't all done this well, it's actually a pretty compelling story. Some surprises that I didn't even expect, too, despite knowing the general flow of the story already.

We're finally getting info on the 2 week late Anniversary at the stream today (I think 6PM?) I'm hoping they give us a little something extra over what JP got for putting up with the delay. Maybe a 4* selector ticket or a whole bunch of 4* embers?

Pejo

Grats on Da Vinci dean, you going to try to NP2 her for gameplay, or were you just collecting her? After her NP upgrade, she gets up to 750% strength def ignoring damage on NP2, which is pretty good. I'm probably going to throw my 10 tickets from the login bonuses to see if I can pick her up, my quartz is strictly saved for summer.

I did do the guaranteed gacha though, and got the servant I wanted, Lancer Artoria, so that was a nice surprise. Also got 2 of the Gil CEs, which seem really good.

If you need me, I'll be in the ember mines for the next 10 days. Triple success rate and half AP, this is my event of the year so far, lol.

That stream sucked though.

Arash's voice actor yelling STELLLAAAAAAA was pretty great

Last edited:

Pejo

What are you guys up to this week? Finishing Camelot, running 1/2 AP dailies? Doing the new strengthen quests?

I refuse to leave the ember mines until 1/2 AP is done. I'm making good progress at getting my units leveled, though I'm really hamstrung for the new ascension materials. I need so many Chains, in particular. Summer event looks to have 30 in the shop, which isn't nearly enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom