• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDarkness

Well at least you can finish the story quests now and get your Assassin Scat permanently. She's one of your favorites right?

Yeah. Trying to plow through the story of this one to get that over with. Just funny that as much as I pulled during this Summer banner, I didn't get one 4* unit over the course of the whole event. Man, it really sucks. It would have been nice to get even one of them, but for all of the guaranteed 4*s I got they were all craft essences. Such a shitty system in this game and the shitty part it that they're rewarded for it by people spending so much money to get these units. That's just all kinds of messed up.

Anyway, I don't want to come across as an asshole or needlessly bitching about stuff. Just gonna finish this up and get the 4* Scath and move on with life. There's a ton of grinding this event....

Basoes

Congrats on your pulls Basoes! JP really seems like an embarrassment of riches compared to GL sometimes.

I had a bit of luck this morning as well:

No Archuria, but that's ok. Can save up for future events now. How much further do we have for Merlin?

thanks and grats on yours, and I wouldn't say JP is great, I went on like a year and a half dry spell of no 5 stars, so getting all these is pretty much blowing my mind

really glad on Cu Alter, now I don't need to max bond my Herc for a good Zerker, that and he's rarer than a limited servant due to story lock

Last edited:

Pejo

Man some of these bonus servants tied to stages in Part 2 of summer are...awful. Bunch of assassin enemies - Only bonus caster is Hans. I mean wtf. I might burn a bunch of apples tonight to get the story over with, then casually grind whatever with non-optimal teams. I'm getting burnt out on the harder difficulty quests with these event CEs and less-than-stellar servant selections.

Basoes

my luck won't stop!

2 10 pulls

A7AUarU.png

edit- on my last 24 quartz I did single rolls and also got

f89Md9X.png

and a Penthesilea but not gonna post her

Ushi is who I wanted the most out of this event, Jeanne is just a bonus lol

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
How do you get a lot of shards for rolling these servants? I am struggling to get many with usually obtaining only 30 over the course of a single event, allowing a single pull unless I spend money (which I won't).

Basoes

How do you get a lot of shards for rolling these servants? I am struggling to get many with usually obtaining only 30 over the course of a single event, allowing a single pull unless I spend money (which I won't).
I got around 300 or something from the anniversary, I spent around 80% of it rolling on the anni banners and saved the rest for summer ushi

the only money I spent on this game was for the guaranteed ssr last week

Last edited:

Pejo

Congrats Basoes! It's gonna be a long wait for Summer Sushi for me.

Finished all the story of the GL events, now I'm just in laid back farming mode. Don't even care if I empty the shops. 1/2 AP hands would be great after this thing ends.

Basoes

Congrats Basoes! It's gonna be a long wait for Summer Sushi for me.

Finished all the story of the GL events, now I'm just in laid back farming mode. Don't even care if I empty the shops. 1/2 AP hands would be great after this thing ends.
thanks, almost done with the story events here, it wants me to grind points for the next event scenes now, focusing on clearing up the shop of all mats

edit- rather than make a new post, I had 3 quartz rolled and got me my first SSR Rider

zgbXYky.png

Last edited:

Basoes

double post, finally finished the story event for JP wow that was alot of grinding, I only have like 300 gold apples left, and still gonna have to burn some more if I want to clear out the event shop, managed to get all the costume dresses though.

I also grailed Summer Ushi to 90, was worth it

Last edited:

deanote666

I managed to get everything I want from the NA event shops and did all the building quests.

There's 3 crystallized lores in the last building quest in part II, btw.

Pejo

Son of a bitch, I forgot tonight was the last night for the event. Barely touched the part 2 shop and only got 1 lore. dammit.

Pejo

Man, I really wish there was an alternate way to level up units besides embers. Even if battles only gave some XP, it'd be better than relying on drops to level up. I maxed out my Master level at lv 130, so I don't even get xp for that anymore.

EDarkness

Man, I really wish there was an alternate way to level up units besides embers. Even if battles only gave some XP, it'd be better than relying on drops to level up. I maxed out my Master level at lv 130, so I don't even get xp for that anymore.

I agree. There are so many servants that I have to level up, but I don't have the EXP cards to level them. I'll get Assassin Scath to 80 at some point, I guess.

Pejo

Prisma Illya is coming next, so a shot at 5* Illya or Medb, if you're into those two. Merlin's the next gameplay servant, but you have a number of rerun banners between now and then, so it's your call.

Pejo

Quick reminder - Right now is Archer/Caster day in ember farming, might want to hoard a bunch of archer embers if you can, to instantly level up Kuro. She gets a big attack boost in the upcoming event, so she's one of the best servants to use.

EDarkness

Quick reminder - Right now is Archer/Caster day in ember farming, might want to hoard a bunch of archer embers if you can, to instantly level up Kuro. She gets a big attack boost in the upcoming event, so she's one of the best servants to use.

Who's Kuro?

deanote666

How grindy is this event? As in, how important are the paid CE's to clear the shop? Had at least 2 MLB of each one in the summer event :/

Last edited:

Pejo

How grindy is this event? As in, how important are the paid CE's to clear the shop? Had at least 2 MLB of each one in the summer event :/
The gacha cards increase drops, the store cards increase damage. No idea how lucky you need to be to easily clear shop, but I've found the last 3-4 events to be impossible to clear without both good luck in gacha and apples/refreshes. I don't really try to clear shops anymore, just whatever I can manage with natural AP regen.

The new Miyu card (don't know the name) is essentially a better Halloween Princess CE, Start with 50% and 30%NP regeneration. Really good for Arts team favorites like Archuria or Tamamo. I do not want to spend the quartz to MLB it though, so I'm just pretending it doesn't exist, lol. I'm planning no more than 2 10-rolls on this banner, or else stop when I get a few CEs.

deanote666

I got my Lion King to level 32 with 1 ember card by feeding her the failure servants from my summons.

Took about 100k friend points for 1 3* event CE from the FP summon...

Pejo

I got my Lion King to level 32 with 1 ember card by feeding her the failure servants from my summons.

Took about 100k friend points for 1 3* event CE from the FP summon...
I know that feel.

After doing the event a little more, I realized that this is just like the KnK event, which is my absolute favorite type. I love these little mini-missions + shop. I feel that they're the easiest to know exactly what the hell you're supposed to do without reading a guide. I'm also enjoying the story despite how goofy they always are.

This is also the first time in forever I've actually used Mash for anything, and I love the sprite update you get from Camelot for her, though it's kinda silly that she has a sword and never uses it.

Just a reminder - since these missions are so easy, this is a great time to fill your back row with low bond characters while you grind/advance the story. I've already got 5 servants to bond 5 just from this event (usually the point that their interludes become available).

deanote666

The last quests I have to grind are the Lancer fake servants and snowmen... And neither of them have good drops... Needed 9 fake lancer servants post story...

Last edited:

Pejo

I've been behind, just finished the story last night and got Chloe. I need to burn a few apples this weekend to make sure I get her to NP5.

Did the battles for this event seem really easy to you guys? I never lost a single character on any fight. Maybe I'm still in Camelot difficulty mode.

EDarkness

I've been behind, just finished the story last night and got Chloe. I need to burn a few apples this weekend to make sure I get her to NP5.

Did the battles for this event seem really easy to you guys? I never lost a single character on any fight. Maybe I'm still in Camelot difficulty mode.

Nah. Definitely pretty easy. Compared to others, this one was a walk in the park, and I'm okay with that. Gives me a chance to actually get to the end and see stuff. I think I'm almost done with the story. I have one level of of the Chloe fight left (I hope that's the end...). Gotta grind out this last little bit to unlock it.

Pejo

Nah. Definitely pretty easy. Compared to others, this one was a walk in the park, and I'm okay with that. Gives me a chance to actually get to the end and see stuff. I think I'm almost done with the story. I have one level of of the Chloe fight left (I hope that's the end...). Gotta grind out this last little bit to unlock it.
So it looks like there was an entire storyline after the "main" story, did you complete it to NP5 your Chloe?

I just ended up finishing it last night, that Testament fight was a SLOG. I MLB'd my Rin CE card and put it on Medb though, made it way more manageable. I'll keep her equipped with it on my support for the rest of the day for anyone struggling with this fight.

Got my NP5 Chloe finally though, and cleared all the missions. I could go back for the Fou cards in the shop, but otherwise I'm done with it too. Looking forward to a dead week before Nerofest 2. I was checking JP's upcoming banners, it looks like I have a long long time to save up before pulling again. I will probably drop a few pulls on Halloween, and then nothing until Merlin.

EDarkness

So it looks like there was an entire storyline after the "main" story, did you complete it to NP5 your Chloe?

I just ended up finishing it last night, that Testament fight was a SLOG. I MLB'd my Rin CE card and put it on Medb though, made it way more manageable. I'll keep her equipped with it on my support for the rest of the day for anyone struggling with this fight.

Got my NP5 Chloe finally though, and cleared all the missions. I could go back for the Fou cards in the shop, but otherwise I'm done with it too. Looking forward to a dead week before Nerofest 2. I was checking JP's upcoming banners, it looks like I have a long long time to save up before pulling again. I will probably drop a few pulls on Halloween, and then nothing until Merlin.

I started messing around with the second story, but I think my brain is tried of this event and I'll end up only beating one of the new bosses. The fights are hard, but they're not fun either, so I'm ready for this thing to end. I think I'm gonna spend the rest of the day farming for the last bit of pudding so I can get all of the EXP cards. I wasn't around for the Nero event, so that'll be interesting to try. Luckily, I already have Nero, so I don't need to do any pulls for that one.

Pejo

I started messing around with the second story, but I think my brain is tried of this event and I'll end up only beating one of the new bosses. The fights are hard, but they're not fun either, so I'm ready for this thing to end. I think I'm gonna spend the rest of the day farming for the last bit of pudding so I can get all of the EXP cards. I wasn't around for the Nero event, so that'll be interesting to try. Luckily, I already have Nero, so I don't need to do any pulls for that one.
You might have Nero, but do you have BRIDE Nero?

deanote666

After 400+ SQ on the current summon, no one needs to do an FBI joke on me... I did get 2+ of each of the 4* rate up servants though...

I got my Lancer Altria up to level 44 with mostly other servants.

Got a bride nero on her last banner.

I wasn't around for Nero fest last year either.

Almost got the shop cleared. Only 1 claw, 4 caster pieces, 20 homunculus babies, 18 lancer monuments, and 9 caster monuments remaining in the shop.

Might pop another gold apple. Down to 79 gold apples after this event...

Edit: Cleared the event shop!

Last edited:

Pejo

After 400+ SQ on the current summon, no one needs to do an FBI joke on me... I did get 2+ of each of the 4* rate up servants though...

I got my Lancer Altria up to level 44 with mostly other servants.

Got a bride nero on her last banner.

I wasn't around for Nero fest last year either.

Almost got the shop cleared. Only 1 claw, 4 caster pieces, 20 homunculus babies, 18 lancer monuments, and 9 caster monuments remaining in the shop.

Might pop another gold apple. Down to 79 gold apples after this event...

Edit: Cleared the event shop!
Man you are more dedicated than I. I didn't even get close to clearing shop, just got the harder to get/more in demand resources and called it day. That Emiya family fight was a lot of fun, though Raikou and CuZilla kinda trivialized it.

I really want to NP2 my Cu, but I really don't want to pull on this class specific banner. I'm going to wait for a rate up on him. I should have done it when he was released.

deanote666

Man you are more dedicated than I. I didn't even get close to clearing shop, just got the harder to get/more in demand resources and called it day. That Emiya family fight was a lot of fun, though Raikou and CuZilla kinda trivialized it.

I really want to NP2 my Cu, but I really don't want to pull on this class specific banner. I'm going to wait for a rate up on him. I should have done it when he was released.
The 30AP (instead of 40AP) missions made it easier to clear the shop this time around. And there was only 1 set of resources to collect...

I managed to clear that one without using any CS. Funny the first round knocked out 2 of mine but was able to keep going.

I don't have the berserker Cu and can't afford to pull anymore... Good luck to ya!

Pejo

Man, Medb's Interlude was a trip, lol.

So glad to have this dead week. I'm straight back to the ember mines, going to try to max out Ozy and Archuria, hopefully even Summer Mordred.

These upcoming Nerofest challenge quests looks like they're going to push your shit in.

Hope you guys have your arts memes team for this one:

9vjD0M1.png

Pejo

Well I don't even know if anyone checks on this thread anymore, but we're in for some compensation, the game has been down the entire day so far.

Pejo

They gave some crazy compensation for the downtime. Gumi (Final Fantasy Brave Exvius) could learn a lot from these guys.
Yea and then we got the australian 10 Quartz. We finally got the rest of our anniversary quartz, lol.

Anybody doing the challenge quests?

EDarkness

I REALLY hate the fights in this event. Is it really necessary to throw 50 different enemy types in one mission? It makes farming for stuff such a chore. I wanted to farm more, but I think this event really isn't for guys like me. Which is fine, I have other things to do in the game...like trying to figure out who to level up next. Heh, heh.

Pejo

I REALLY hate the fights in this event. Is it really necessary to throw 50 different enemy types in one mission? It makes farming for stuff such a chore. I wanted to farm more, but I think this event really isn't for guys like me. Which is fine, I have other things to do in the game...like trying to figure out who to level up next. Heh, heh.
Berserkers my man! At least if you're talking about the farming stages.

EDarkness

Berserkers my man! At least if you're talking about the farming stages.

How do you keep them alive? I have Tamamo Cat and Lancelot and they die so quickly. They're almost dead before they even get to the last round (if not dead already). I don't feel like the damage trade off is all that good.

Pejo

How do you keep them alive? I have Tamamo Cat and Lancelot and they die so quickly. They're almost dead before they even get to the last round (if not dead already). I don't feel like the damage trade off is all that good.
Waver, CEs and your master equipment. You should try a loaner Raikou, she's quite a beast.

JohannCK

The Nero Festival stopped being fun and started turning into "what's the most annoying bullshit we can make with this system" years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom