• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Pejo

Jul 1, 2009
I never got BB because I wasn't far along in the story when it happened. I need to finish Babylon now, but it's slow going. Not too interested in the story and I've skipped a good chunk of it...except the Ishtar stuff since I think she's a funny character as opposed to the other characters. I wish I had someone to deal with Avengers, but alas. They take forever to kill. I remember seeing a few friends with BB on their list, so I might give her a shot to see if I can beat the dog guy.
BB/Tamamo (caster)/Waver would be a good arts setup since you can't lean on double Merlin. I can't remember if you had Tamamo or not. You should be able to NP with BB often with that setup.

I beat that Medb quest last night, it was way easier than I expected, I was psyching myself up too much about it. I accidentally grabbed a Waver instead of Merlin so I ended up beating it with Waver/Waver/Merlin/Raikou (berserker)/Mash and Cu (lancer). I ended up swapping out one of the Wavers with Cu towards the end so he could finish off Medb just for the memes. I think it took me 8 turns. I like her new costume, but the first ascension is still my favorite with the fluffy boots.

EDarkness

May 13, 2007
Japan
skullforge.omc-games.com
BB/Tamamo (caster)/Waver would be a good arts setup since you can't lean on double Merlin. I can't remember if you had Tamamo or not. You should be able to NP with BB often with that setup.

I beat that Medb quest last night, it was way easier than I expected, I was psyching myself up too much about it. I accidentally grabbed a Waver instead of Merlin so I ended up beating it with Waver/Waver/Merlin/Raikou (berserker)/Mash and Cu (lancer). I ended up swapping out one of the Wavers with Cu towards the end so he could finish off Medb just for the memes. I think it took me 8 turns. I like her new costume, but the first ascension is still my favorite with the fluffy boots.
Yeah, I thought that fight was real easy. Especially if you don't kill the generic mobs and take out Coatl first before Medb shows up.

I don't have Caster Tamamo, unfortunately. I have Zhuge, though. With the servants I have available, I don't really have a way to deal with Avenger or Ruler servants. I might just sack a SQ just to get it done. I'll see how I feel by the end of the day. Sadly, even though I don't have all of the items on the event store, I have no interest in farming the event anymore. I'd love to get lancer Raikou, but I don't want to pull on the banner, either. Farmed this event a ton already. Once I got my Maid Artoria to 90/90, I've had no desire to continue messing with this event. Heh, heh.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
I’m a bit burned out on farming shops too. Too many back to back. I probably won’t clear this one. The past few days I’ve just been farming doors with my AP since it’s really quick and I need QP badly.

EDarkness

May 13, 2007
Japan
skullforge.omc-games.com
I solved a problem with some code I was writing, so I figured I'd take a moment to fight the dog using some suggestions here and ended up getting it done with only one servant death. Amazing. I was feeling so good after that I decided to try the final challenge with the shape shifter guy and smashed that one, too. Man, Zhuge and Merlin are soooooo good for stuff like that. Gonna pull for Merlin next time he shows up, because I think I can get through some tough fights with that combo. Damn, that worked out too well, now I don't know what to do. :)

Reactions: JORMBO and Pejo

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
There should be a Merlin banner sometime in September. Hope you have quartz saved up already :)

deanote666

Sep 1, 2014
USA
I managed to defeat all of the challenge quests. Was down to my last servant on the Bull mission. First hassan pretty much soloed it. Used a few CS's to heal him since the dual Merlins didn't last very long.

I got my first Edison on the Medb banner... Yay...

Last edited:

Pejo

Jul 1, 2009
Man, 2+ years until we get this pinnacle of 'murican values... it's going to be a long wait...

Summer Carmilla looks fantastic too.

Last edited:
Reactions: JORMBO

Pejo

Jul 1, 2009
Damn. I guess we won't be getting them for a long time. What's the next event for us?
Reruns until October, seems like. I think we'll get another new story chapter somewhere in there, but next big event is Halloween probably.

Pejo

Jul 1, 2009
Reruns, eh? I guess that gives me time to save up a bunch of SQ and level up a ton of servants. Maybe finish Babylon, too.
I think the next event is Nerofest, which while not technically a rerun, doesn't have any new servants or anything. Don't forget, Merlin should be up for grabs again in September or around then, so you might want to save for him. Double Merlin + buster servant with Crit Gather or Crit DMG is one of the strongest combos in the game for almost all content. That's why Jeanne Alter is so good, she's got everything to make double Merlin insane.

Zambatoh

Feb 1, 2014
Florida
For reference the remaining servants left this year are:

September:
-Parvati
-Tomoe
-Chiyome
-Houzouin
-Munenori
-Danzou

October:
Saber Liz (Welfare / last chance to get her)
Osakabehime
Mecha Liz (Welfare)

November:
-Circe
-Nezha
-Queen of Sheba
-Abigail

December:
Janta (Welfare / last chance)
Altera (Welfare)
Ereshkigal

Last edited:

Pejo

Jul 1, 2009
Well, I got most of the stuff from the store that I wanted. I'm debating burning a few apples for those 4* Fou cards. I can't even pick who my grails go to, and there's tons of those, so I'm not sure how I'll ever pick my fou card recipients.

Lots of news popped up. 1/2 AP free quests, good time to restock some Quartz. Also, new Interludes (Illya's is a good upgrade for single target looping with Merlin), and class pickup summons. I'm SUPER tempted to do the saber one to try to get NP5 Bedivere finally, but man I don't want any more SR/SSR sabers. I'm drowning in them as is, and I already have Altera NP5 because she won't leave me alone. This is also a good time to max out Columbus, Gilles (caster) or Jaguar Man if you're interested in NP5'ing them.

Also of note, the story locked Avenger servants are in the Assassin class gacha, for anyone that didn't pick up an avenger yet. You can get either Gorgon or Lobo.

deanote666

Sep 1, 2014
USA
I got the Agartha SR, SSR but no Columbus...

I spent more SQ trying to NP2 Saber Rider than it took to get her in the first place... Still NP1. Only ramen for me until 2022

JohannCK

Feb 26, 2018
Tokyo, Japan
www.frontlinejp.net
Long interview with Nasu where he talks about the Souls series' influence on him, how he became a game writer because of a Famitsu review, how Takeuchi is out of control, how he'd love to do a Bloodborne crossover event, and what comes after the end of part 2.

Reactions: JORMBO and Pejo

Pejo

Jul 1, 2009
Damn, Summer Lion King in JP has 3 entirely different movesets and two different NPs based on which ascension you use. Animation power creep is real.

Reactions: JORMBO