• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixa

Got TamaCat and Martha 4* in my starting pull. Should I reroll?

Remember you need to do 2 Multi pulls, first one (free) won't give 5* units at all. 2nd Multi pull is done by getting Quartz from inbox after the fight where you bring friend unit.

You need to decide:

- Do you plan to reroll til you get some 5*
- Do you plan to reroll til you get Jeanne or Waver
- Are you satisfied to go with those units

My plan: Rerolling til I get some 5*, doesn't matter who. Reason being, I like to play this game some day and not waste "too much" time to rerolling.

Granblue isn't even officially released outside Japan and it has a far better English translation. Though, to be fair, that's true now. This time last year some translated lines in GBF read like they came straight from google translate, so they've improved massively since then.

Still they put in the effort to improve something that was entirely niche for its audience, whereas this is an official English release and it's amateur hour.

To be a tiny bit fair: the GBF English translation was being produced with an eye toward an official release. They just realized their early stuff was a mess and tried to clean up their act.

It's now a bit of a mess to clean up the earlier stuff, but all their recent work has been absolutely top shelf, even if doing an official release is now looking difficult and they're happy to just get EN players via word of mouth.
It may be part of the reason I am ultra double hype for Playable Yggy at long last

Still though, that what we're seeing in F/GO is an official English translation from a subsidiary of goddamn Sony, let's not forget, would be comedic if it wasn't so sad.

Azusa

I got tama cat in tutorial roll and happy.

yPzWzm7.png

bjork

I got a 4* Saber Lily, a 4*... some Archer guy with two daggers, and then later got a 4* Martha. I'm just gonna go with it, I think.

Does the story stay as chatty as the first 45ish minutes? I'm way not into that.

Remember you need to do 2 Multi pulls, first one (free) won't give 5* units at all. 2nd Multi pull is done by getting Quartz from inbox after the fight where you bring friend unit.

You need to decide:

- Do you plan to reroll til you get some 5*
- Do you plan to reroll til you get Jeanne or Waver
- Are you satisfied to go with those units

My plan: Rerolling til I get some 5*, doesn't matter who. Reason being, I like to play this game some day and not waste "too much" time to rerolling.

Ok, I'll go until the second pull and see if I get an interesting 5*

So, it took me only 1 reroll to get Elizabeth. I was like, neat, I never really got to use her on my jpn accounts...

BUT SHE HAS OLD ANIMATIONS!
We were promised an up to date build!

Stider

Well, going to hold onto this account.ID 503,266,499 Jeanne leader. What would people prefer, Kaleidoscope or Formal Craft(+25% to arts damage)

Well, going to hold onto this account.ID 503,266,499 Jeanne leader. What would people prefer, Kaleidoscope or Formal Craft(+25% to arts damage)

On Jeanne, Kaleidoscope for sure. Formalcraft is for dudes with big Arts attack NPs.
I got a 4* Saber Lily, a 4*... some Archer guy with two daggers, and then later got a 4* Martha. I'm just gonna go with it, I think.

Does the story stay as chatty as the first 45ish minutes? I'm way not into that.

If you are not into a wordsy story, uninstall right now. Not even being facetious. This is decidedly not the game for you. The game only gets far wordier.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

It's a visual novel-style game, so... Yeah.

Quonny

"I got these amazing characters in a game where it doesn't really matter, should I reroll?"

Fire Emblem flashbacks.

OVDRobo

Hmmm... just noticed that the 'Buy Saint Quartz' menu has prices listed in GBP for me despite it being the US version of the game. Wonder if there's an EU release planned eventually or if there's some sort of built-in converter to allow for 'foreign' players.

I'll be sticking with this version unless my account transfers over, but it's interesting. The JP version only displayed prices in JPY regardless.

Starting to get burnt out, got 4 5*s while rerolling and every single one was a craft essence. Please don't tell me the have the same rates as 5* servents.

OVDRobo

Starting to get burnt out, got 4 5*s while rerolling and every single one was a craft essence. Please don't tell me the have the same rates as 5* servents.

They have higher rates, IIRC.

Servants are rarer than craft essences by a significant amount.

Edit: 5* Craft essences have a 4% summon chance making them 1% more common than 4* servants: according to the wiki

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Localization isn't super fantastic but I feel like everyone complaining is pretending to be some expert and copying what other people are saying. Y'all have problems? Post your own examples. Not others.

I'm wondering if it's possible to back the game data up to an sd card or something when you get a good roll and do some rerolls with new game data while waiting for energy to refill just in case you get lucky. I'm tempted to try that if I have the time for it. But I'm happy with my current set as it is, it was way better than when I originally started out in the Japanese ver.

Goddamnit, I keep instinctively pressing skip on the cutscenes.

Well, at least you can view them later at your own leisure.

T-Rex.

Banned
I'm wondering if it's possible to back the game data up to an sd card or something when you get a good roll and do some rerolls with new game data while waiting for energy to refill just in case you get lucky. I'm tempted to try that if I have the time for it.
Bind your account. http://grand-fate.tumblr.com/post/125427320164/binding-accounts-restoring-data

^ that's for the Japanese version but the steps are exactly the same. That way you can log back in afterwards, or give an account away etc.

*If I've understood you right, that is.

Deosier

As if by fate I pulled Vlad III, Jing Ke, and FSN Cu. I got my FGO JPN team from the go. Now i just need the REGEND before france.

So wait, did I understand something wrong, I thought we were supposed to be able to freely select one of the 4* units that were specified? I wanted Tamamo no Mae, do I have to reroll afterall? :(

Zafir

So wait, did I understand something wrong, I thought we were supposed to be able to freely select one of the 4* units that were specified? I wanted Tamamo no Mae, do I have to reroll afterall? :(

Apparently it's still coming and they're going to release details soon.

Sigh. I'll roll with these after the 6th/7th re-roll attempt. Getting two 4* Servants are the best I've gotten so far. I'll live with it.

DDP2arUV0AQEGid.jpg

Mupod

Well, had time to play enough to try my initial rolls before work. Got nothin' but I restarted and understand how this works now so it'll go faster.

Was freaking out about the free 4* pick for a bit until I read up. Hopefully I can roll Tamamo Cat so I don't need to wait.

Well, that's a separate thing - you can get a random *4 Servant from the same pool, and once the *4 selection thing comes around you can get another. So if you want two of your fave Servants from the pool of ten available from the tutorial roll or two of the same, you will have to reroll.

kayos90

Just to clarify. PLEASE READ

-The first 10 roll is called the Tutorial roll which will have at minimum one 4* Servant.

-Afterwards you will havethe ability to roll again with quartz you get from your mailbox. This is a regular SQ roll and you can get anything from 3* up to 5*.

-You can get another 4* outside of the rolls with a code that you input for a specific Servant that was announced on the Facebook. The details for this are not released yet and will probably come on today's stream or some time next week.

Well, that's a separate thing - you can get a random *4 Servant from the same pool, and once the *4 selection thing comes around you can get another. So if you want two of your fave Servants from the pool of ten available from the tutorial roll or two of the same, you will have to reroll.

Ah I see, that's okay for me then, I got Elisabeth in my 4* tutorial pull and if I can get Tamamo later I'm happy. Would it make the game a great deal easier if I reroll till I get a 5* from the quartz-pull? All I got from my current quartz-pull was Saber Chevalier d'Eon.

garath

Well I need to reroll regardless. Got carmilla with my tutorial and all 3* servants on my quartz roll. I wasn't planning on going nuts with rerolls but this one was terrible.

Sucks I have to download 500mb each time. :(

Edit: actually according to my phone's wifi data tracking it looks like it's only 170mb give or take. That's awesome.

Draxal

Just to clarify. PLEASE READ

-The first 10 roll is called the Tutorial roll which will have at minimum one 4* Servant.

-Afterwards you will havethe ability to roll again with quartz you get from your mailbox. This is a regular SQ roll and you can get anything from 3* up to 5*.

-You can get another 4* outside of the rolls with a code that you input for a specific Servant that was announced on the Facebook. The details for this are not released yet and will probably come on today's stream or some time next week.

Can you put this in the OT with glowing neon characters?

I see alot of people missing that the second roll with the mailbox quartz is where you can get a five star and are rerolling after the first one (not so much here but other places).

Mupod

I think I'd be fine with any 5* so I'll probably stop when I get one. Of the ones available I hear Vlad actually works well with Caster Tamamo who is my long term goal. But Jeanne is cute and Seibah would be fine too.

Depends how arduous the rerolling gets but I'm quite patient.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Picked up two Kaleidascopes.
Those any good as far as equipment goes? They cost a shitton of unit cost to use.

Mupod

Picked up two Kaleidascopes.
Those any good as far as equipment goes? They cost a shitton of unit cost to use.

I have no idea but I googled it. I can tell you that's a picture of Zelretch on it so purely on that information I'll guess it's probably OP as shit.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I have no idea but I googled it. I can tell you that's a picture of Zelretch on it so purely on that information I'll guess it's probably OP as shit.

It lets me start out with the NP (limit break?) attack gauge at 80%.

Seems strong but I only have 1 other 5* equipment to compare it to.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
"I got these amazing characters in a game where it doesn't really matter, should I reroll?"

Fire Emblem flashbacks.

Ah, have to love GAF gacha threads. We get a ton these posts as well as those who find reasons to continually post what they pulled.

"Anyone know when the free 4* pick happens? I'm trying to figure out which 4* pairs with my three 5* I already pulled."

kayos90

I should've put it in the OP saying "I got X 5*. Should I reroll" and say that's a bannable offense. This shit should not even be a question.

bjork

If you are not into a wordsy story, uninstall right now. Not even being facetious. This is decidedly not the game for you. The game only gets far wordier.

It's a visual novel-style game, so... Yeah.

I had no idea. I just always see it in the top 10 grossing on the JP app store and figured there must be a ton of gameplay there. I really like the part where you play it.

I should've put it in the OP saying "I got X 5*. Should I reroll" and say that's a bannable offense. This shit should not even be a question.
See for FE: Heroes I can understand why someone may do that because of the added RNG of bane/boon. So when someone goes "Is my *5 Reinhardt with -ATK and +HP good" that is a legit question.
(The answer is no)

But for most other gacha if you get a 5* or multiple 5*s it is going to be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom