• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Oh, I don't disagree. And I thought of this a long time ago too. DW really doesn't make changes as they're more focused on content. I'm honestly surprised we ended up getting some of the things that we did. If you think this is baffling, there was shit that was just straight up intolerable back on release. Can you imagine rerolling with x1 battle speed instead of the x2 we got? lol.

No! :p

But I see what you mean. Well, you just gotta be careful.

Azusa

Is this the dumb oversight it seems like, or is there a genuine reason for why it's impossible to back out of the cards menu?

I read in the interview that its intentional. Can't find it now. Something about you made a decision to attack so you have to attack and no way back.

Arabesque

I read in the interview that its intentional. Can't find it now. Something about you made a decision to attack so you have to attack and no way back.

That was for when you couldn't deselect a command card after selecting it the first time.

They ended up changing that because it was pretty stupid to force players to not be able to change the order of command cards.

jonjonaug

I just accidentally went into the 40 AP mission instead of the 30 AP one with a woefully underprepared party, but ended up solo-ing the whole thing with a support linked Marie because I got lucky with the class distribution.

Dunno if this person is on GAF but if your username is Ashley and you have a level 50 Altera as your support servant for friends, bless you. She has saved my ass so many times.

I guess he wants to earn it for himself, haha.

Or he just really wants to save $5.

Edit:

I SEE YOU, EINBROCH!

He's probably doing it because he's streaming it. Just giving a guy $5 isn't very entertaining. Then again neither is watching a guy do the stupid tutorial over and over for 26 hours.

T-Rex.

Banned
It won't really come in handy until later down the line but it might be worth having a section to specify support servants, that way people will know who to add if they're looking for a Waver etc

The End

Dunno if this person is on GAF but if your username is Ashley and you have a level 50 Altera as your support servant for friends, bless you. She has saved my ass so many times.

She just dragged me through a level 30 treasure hunt with my level 26 characters!

We're like eskimo brothers now

Hubb

Is anyone having this problem on Android? http://imgur.com/a/U0ZAb

I can't scroll down/tilt my screen to see the rest of the number pad to be able to add friends/type in friend codes.

That picture is my entire screen. I can't scroll/drag/move anything.

xequalsy

Cheers for the friend form!

Must say I liked the story in France a lot more than Rome. Septum seems a lot more... random? (not sure that's the word I mean). But I'm still only about half way through, so maybe it improves.

chrono01

He's probably doing it because he's streaming it. Just giving a guy $5 isn't very entertaining. Then again neither is watching a guy do the stupid tutorial over and over for 26 hours.
Yeah, 26 hours is a little insane, haha.

Oh well, I have to admire his determination.

Let me know if the form doesn't work.
Thank you!

I added everyone I could, a few of you had your Friend Lists capped already. Added myself to it, as well.

It won't really come in handy until later down the line but it might be worth having a section to specify support servants, that way people will know who to add if they're looking for a Waver etc
I'll agree with this, a section where you could list your Servants would be nice.

Kitoro

How do we do the weekly challenges? I've been blazing through the story and have seemingly not done a thing in the weekly challenge log, and I'm not sure where to find any of it.

xequalsy

How do we do the weekly challenges? I've been blazing through the story and have seemingly not done a thing in the weekly challenge log, and I'm not sure where to find any of it.

If you back out to the map selection screen (where you pick Orleans, Septum etc...) and go into Caldera instead, you can do daily missions.

jonjonaug

Oh my god, there are so many! Where do I begin? Are they all worth my time (that I'm able to complete)?

The best bang for your buck is the 30 AP mission that drops XP cards (the dual class one) if you have some level 25-30 servants to do them with at least. This one drops 3* and 4* XP cards. You can sell the 3* cards to the shop for one mana prism each to grind out your monthly allotment of summoning tickets and the 4* cards you can use to level up your Servants. I would recommend looking for a high level Cu or Marie as the support servant for today's. Generally you're going to want a support servant with target-all phantasm and an NP gauge related CE, or a support servant who's very good at staying alive once they're the last man standing (again, Cu and Marie are great for this due to their evade and invincibility skills).

NexusCell

Cheers for the friend form!

Must say I liked the story in France a lot more than Rome. Septum seems a lot more... random? (not sure that's the word I mean). But I'm still only about half way through, so maybe it improves.
Septum is universally considered the worst chapter, up to the point where the writer had to apologize for the poor quality. The story vastly improves past there. I would say it reaches a high point in Camelot and the final boss.

Arabesque

Thanks for that.

Septum is universally considered the worst chapter, up to the point where the writer had to apologize for the poor quality. The story vastly improves past there. I would say it reaches a high point in Camelot and the final boss.

Septem's quality being bad not only caused the writer to apologise for it, but also the creators for the game. It really comes across of how poor some things in it are, and the den of wasted potential and unrealised scenarios they could have done for the setting.

At least it's easy to get through.

Quonny

Hmm, I think if your number starts with a zero it doesn't list the number correctly. I know I typed it in correctly, but the first 0 is missing.

Strimei

So I got Hans last night in my free friends points 10-roll. I had never heard him speak before.

I did NOT expect that voice. Nor that it's god damn DIO.

xequalsy

Thanks for that.

Septem's quality being bad not only caused the writer to apologise for it, but also the creators for the game. It really comes across of how poor some things in it are, and the den of wasted potential and unrealised scenarios they could have done for the setting.

At least it's easy to get through.
Indeed, it's just a shame at the disparity between the first two orders. The servants are much much worse for one.

At least it seems a Greek setting is next so maybe some cool things from Greek/Roman mythology might make it in.

NexusCell

Indeed, it's just a shame at the disparity between the first two orders. The servants are much much worse for one.

At least it seems a Greek setting is next so maybe some cool things from Greek/Roman mythology might make it in.

Yeah, Okaneos is a huge step up in quality. Better characters (well, maybe not Orion), fun story, and it helps characterize characters from the original F/SN.

How does the game choose which of your servants on the support screen get shown to random people online? Is it just the highest-level one?

My highest-level servant happens to be an NP build which I want to share with friends, but obviously that's useless for everyone else.

Deosier

After a lot of Friend points summoning, i can state that either
A)
Avenger
is not summonable yet.
B) His summon rates are incredibly low.

Thank you for doing it. It works perfectly.

He shouldnt be added until way later and his summon rate is that of a 5*.

Umbooki

Any idea where I can find some Serpent Jewels? All signs seem to point to Singularity 3 being the earliest time to get them.

Kitoro

About how far does one need to progress in the story to level up enough with cost for a full 4* sub party with essences equipped? Cost seems pretty restrictive.

Do future 5* carry higher costs, too?

Grazzt

Forgot to mention, My ID is 588,040,903. I have a lv47 Waver and lv43 Elizabeth.

About how far does one need to progress in the story to level up enough with cost for a full 4* sub party with essences equipped? Cost seems pretty restrictive.

Do future 5* carry higher costs, too?
You can just farm the daily quest for exp. Story doest give too much

Fishious

I have finally escaped from my self inflicted reroll hell, Waver in hand! Now to actually play the game. If anyone wants one of the extra accounts I made along the way, PM me along with the number you want.

1) Jeanne, Emiya, Camilla, Stheno Taken
2) Jeanne, Martha, Kaliedoscope Taken
3) Jeanne, Martha, Elizabeth Taken
4) Altria, Altera, Chevalier d'Eon Taken
5) Vlad, Martha, Limited/Zero Over x2
6) Vlad, Martha, Elizabeth

Caim

Waver, Altera (or any Saber for that matter) plus Jeanne (for her invincibility NP) is perfect for today's 40 stamina exp dungeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom