• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDarkness

Nothing really to do, so I'm doing the servant missions. Working on Carmilla's hard mission now. Finished Scath's yesterday. Not much else to do. I hope we get the Summer event.

Pejo

Nothing really to do, so I'm doing the servant missions. Working on Carmilla's hard mission now. Finished Scath's yesterday. Not much else to do. I hope we get the Summer event.
Did you already beat Camelot? This is also the best time to level up any of the misc. useful 3* servants if you have any, like Euryale/Robin/Cu/David/Arash

People are expecting Summer event to be announced around Wednesday of next week and released next weekend.

deanote666

I've been embering all week. Down to 10m QP though.

Can't ascend my Da Vinci, Ozy, or Nitocris any more without doing more story missions but that's less AP towards embers...

Edit: Just used 60 SQ and 5 tickets. Burned the whole lot and some other ones I didn't need. This game REALLY makes it hard to like it sometimes...

Last edited:

Pejo

I've been embering all week. Down to 10m QP though.

Can't ascend my Da Vinci, Ozy, or Nitocris any more without doing more story missions but that's less AP towards embers...

Edit: Just used 60 SQ and 5 tickets. Burned the whole lot and some other ones I didn't need. This game REALLY makes it hard to like it sometimes...
I hear you man, but i think overall you've had some pretty great luck if you have Ozy, Nito, and Da Vinci, gotta look at the bright side. I've been embering too and I'm nearly void of all ascension mats across the board, even Monuments and Pieces which I never thought I'd be low on. Brought up a lot of 3* servants that I liked and finished capping a lot of SR/SSR. Also have quite a few stuck at various ascension levels until I get some more mats. It's been a good week for character leveling though, that's for sure.

Pejo

Well, I was lucky enough to get Lancer Altria.... After using 540 SQ....

Burned 99% of everything else.
Yikes, that's a rough run. I used the anni tickets trying to get Tristan, no luck, but I did get spooked by Drake NP2. Then I did a 10 pull and got this (already had Lancer Artoria from paid gacha). Pretty happy!

BY2s00f.jpg

EDarkness

Well, I was lucky enough to get Lancer Altria.... After using 540 SQ....

Burned 99% of everything else.

Congrats! Is Artoria Lancer any good. I seem to be overflowing with lancer servants right now. Same with caster servants. Not sure what to roll on going forward.

Pejo Pejo That's a pretty good pull as well. Congrats to you as well.

Did you already beat Camelot? This is also the best time to level up any of the misc. useful 3* servants if you have any, like Euryale/Robin/Cu/David/Arash

People are expecting Summer event to be announced around Wednesday of next week and released next weekend.

I doubt I'll ever really get through Camelot. I think it's my ceiling in this game. I play games to have fun and relax and this new content really isn't allowing me to do that. So I'll just give that part of the game up.

Last edited:

Pejo

I doubt I'll ever really get through Camelot. I think it's my ceiling in this game. I play games to have fun and relax and this new content really isn't allowing me to do that. So I'll just give that part of the game up.
Understandable! It's not so much unbeatable, but you have to adjust your party for nearly every level. I think a lot of people without "correct" SSR/SR servants have a much harder time at the knights in this singularity, as they seem to have no limit to how much they can use that buff ATK/DEF skill. If you don't kill them quickly, you will find yourself in a world of pain and only doing scratch damage against them. I think they're the hardest things added to the singularity. It also doesn't help that they tend to throw a lot of opposite classes in the same battle. Like half Sword knight and half Archer knight. Makes it tough to build an efficient party, but it's not too bad as long as you're using and abusing the Plugsuit Mystic Code (to swap characters out). Anyways, if you want some assistance, just explain the fight that's giving you trouble and your team options, I'm sure we can get you through it. Also, if there's a specific servant/CE combo you need for a particular battle, let me know and I'll switch it out. At this point I've got most things covered.

At least you have your own Waver. That lets you run double Waver + effective servant class and cheese your way through a lot of the battles (as long as it's not Riders, lol).

EDarkness

No need to worry about it, man. Someone has to be at the bottom and I've accepted my fate as being that guy. It's no problem, though, since I can at least do events. Considering there will be other story areas and looking at various sites I can see that they all get harder, if it's not this one I'll get stuck at, it'll be the next one.

deanote666

No need to worry about it, man. Someone has to be at the bottom and I've accepted my fate as being that guy. It's no problem, though, since I can at least do events. Considering there will be other story areas and looking at various sites I can see that they all get harder, if it's not this one I'll get stuck at, it'll be the next one.

You can always do one every 3 days with CS's. Some events are locked with how far in the story you are so it's too early to give up hope!

Make friends with the guy that has a level 100 NP5 Gil. :p (not me)

Pejo

That's a great point. Command seal your way slowly through one quest a day. I really recommend it - Camelot's a way better story than most of the other Singularities.

Summer's finally on the horizon! What do your pull stashes look like, and what are your goals?

I am at around 100 Quartz after I finish up these last few Free Quests, aiming for Anne/Mary and Kiyo. Maybe Ruler Martha in a few weeks if I get really lucky.

Pejo

Beat Camelot finally last night after doing all the FQs on the 1/2 AP cost, there were some challenging fights for sure. I'd rate them from most difficult to least:

1. Demon God Amon #2
2. Artoria Lancer #2
3. Artoria Lancer #1
4. Demon God Amon #1
5. Gawain
6. Mordred
7. Tristan
8. Ozy 3 part fight

Anyway, it was a pretty cool story, though the ending wasn't as satisfying as I was hoping it would be. Regardless, it's nice to have Mash powered up. The final boss took me down to her and Artoria Alter (saber), it was pretty fun ending the fight with an Excalibur Morgan to the face.

EDarkness

Sure, I guess I could command seal to victory, but it feels bad getting my ass handed to me, then having to do something like this to actually win. Getting beat down just encourages me not to play at all, not to continue on anyway. I mean, why keep playing if the best I can do is get beatdown and then be forced to use these seals? Just watching the boss toss my guys all over the place is disheartening enough. I'd much rather just not bother with that and do events when they show up. Maybe at some point I'll be able to do story missions, but I had a hell of a time trying to beat the last story place (the one with shitty America). That berserk Cu hit like a fraggin' truck and it wasn't fun at all.

Not sure what people get out this kind of stuff. There are way too many other games to play than to mess around with getting pounded on constantly.

Looking forward to the upcoming beach event, though. Looking it over, I have no idea how it works, but some new stuff to do is great.

Last edited:

Pejo

Sure, I guess I could command seal to victory, but it feels bad getting my ass handed to me, then having to do something like this to actually win. Getting beat down just encourages me not to play at all, not to continue on anyway. I mean, why keep playing if the best I can do is get beatdown and then be forced to use these seals? Just watching the boss toss my guys all over the place is disheartening enough. I'd much rather just not bother with that and do events when they show up. Maybe at some point I'll be able to do story missions, but I had a hell of a time trying to beat the last story place (the one with shitty America). That berserk Cu hit like a fraggin' truck and it wasn't fun at all.

Not sure what people get out this kind of stuff. There are way too many other games to play than to mess around with getting pounded on constantly.

Looking forward to the upcoming beach event, though. Looking it over, I have no idea how it works, but some new stuff to do is great.
I get what you're saying, but I disagree that the fights are that hard. You just have to think about it more like a puzzle than an action game. Finding out which skills and classes you need to get past a certain stage/boss. From what I've seen, level 70 3* servants usually possess everything you need for even the tougher fights up to this point, considering you always have the option of bringing along a buffed up friend support unit. Hell, Euryale completely trivializes at least 3 boss fights in Camelot alone. I will agree that maybe it's a tough sell considering the mobile game market, but I personally find the tougher battles more fun than just mashing my berserkers through everything without even looking at the screen. Different strokes though, I do understand that.

Anyways, there's not really a major power shift that happens in the game that is necessarily going to make this content easier. Maybe some servants that have kits that are more useful than current servants, but you're still going to have to confront the bosses someday. As of now in JP, there's not been a level cap increase, the only small edge you'll get are the higher tier Fou cards that let you extend the ATK/HP bonuses a bit.

Regarding the upcoming event, it's split into 2 parts, you'll need to complete the 2nd part to get Scathatch permanently in your party, here's a link to the JP version of the guide from 2 years ago, it's what I'm mostly using: http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/quest_event_20160811.php

EDarkness

Pejo Pejo I understand your point, however, it still comes down to luck. Whether you even have the units (I don't have Euryale) and wether or not the CPU gets some lucky shots that take out your dudes. I've been victim of some shitty crits that basically took out units (which is why I hate berserkers and their ability to spam abilities over and over). Just one of the things about the combat system I don't like in general. Don't get me wrong, I fully understand that there are people who appreciate the difficulty. I just don't play this game for that kind of stuff. Maybe if I spent more time trying to learn all of the little systems, I probably could get farther with the groups I have, but I just don't see the point of that. The story is bad and has so many silly asspulls that it's just not worth reading so I get nothing out of this. The only thing I would like is to get Mash built up, but it's a lot of work to get there. I'm just not interested in that and getting thrashed all over isn't fun at all and feels bad.

That said, I don't want to downplay everyone else's fun. You guys enjoy this stuff? Great. Games are played to have fun and if you're having fun then that's good and keep enjoying the game. It's definitely not my intention to step on or throw shade on everyone who is loving the difficulty. I'm just saying that this is the roadblock for me and I'm accepting that it is and will now work on other things instead of bashing my head against the wall. Getting beat down in some game is just not my idea of fun. I'd rather spend the time doing something else instead of trying to formulate elaborate plans to beat some boss in some game.

Thanks for the link. I'll look it over. Maybe I can plan out some strategy.

I do wonder, is there going to be another batch of servants we can summon? I see Artoria in a swimsuit, so I imagine she's gonna be on the banner at some point?

Last edited:

Sorry, EDarkness, but I'm going to be blunt here.

At this point, you're just being a crybaby.

People are here willing to spend time to brain storm with you, and even specifically arrange their support page for you and all you do is cry "huhu i'm bottom barrel fish".

You don't want to think, so you were presented with the FREE auto-win button: Command Seals. Yet you don't want it either because you're "getting beaten up".

If you don't want to think, and you don't want to command seal, either, it seems the only option left for you is to pull out a credit card (or rob a bank) and get NP5 of every OP servant there is as well as multiple copies of limit break Kaleidoscope, Black Grail and other OP stuff. My advice is start with Merlin. >___>

You still have events to do? For now, maybe.

Since December, there are five new events and one minor event in JP.

Out of these six events, one required finished Babylonia (Xmas 2017), and two required finishing Part One entirely (Setsubun, and Gudaguda 3).

So 50% of the new events required finishing Part One.

By not finishing Part One because "boohoo story is hard and I don't want to use Command Seals", you'll be losing on usable CEs and Servants. Of the three events above, you'll also lose free 4* Archer Altera the Santa@NP5 and another free 4* Rider Sakamoto Ryouma@NP5.

And that doesn't even include mats (events are the most time-efficient way of farming BTW), grails, gems, tickets, etc from those events.

Oh, and, you'll lose out on 70 gems giveaway as well. In JP, 30 gems was given during Part One conclusion event for anyone who finished it (this is coming in ~6 months to NA), and another 30 gems the following year. Then 10 gems is currently being given away to anyone who finishes Lostbelt 1.

They definitely won't require progression on all events but they'll definitely require it for some. So at some point in the future, you'll only be playing half the game.

FGO is still faaaaaar accessible than many games out there. If you don't want to use the facilities the game provided you (*coughCommandSealscough*), then it's on you, not the game.

You have at least six months to work on your issues.

the only small edge you'll get are the higher tier Fou cards that let you extend the ATK/HP bonuses a bit.

It takes 6 months (or more) of events to even get one full set of Fou cards. It's current status is "put it on fave Servant".

EDarkness

Sorry, EDarkness, but I'm going to be blunt here.

At this point, you're just being a crybaby.

People are here willing to spend time to brain storm with you, and even specifically arrange their support page for you and all you do is cry "huhu i'm bottom barrel fish".

Heh, heh. I really wish there was some sort of tone we could use for posting. I don't really care too much about this game. Not like you guys do. If I wanted to put that much time into it, I would. Sure, I missed out on a couple of events because I hadn't completed various parts of the story. I'm okay with this. Really. My point is that I'm at the limit of what I really want to invest in this game. There are far too many other games that are demanding my time and I'd rather not spend the effort to "get better" at this one.

There shouldn't be a problem with this. Especially with calling people names and stuff. Everyone gets different things out of these games and I don't want to invest into it like you guys do and I don't want to waste anyone's time trying to teach me or help me get through it. I'm perfectly fine with this outcome and I'll adjust and move on with my life. Much like everyone else will. That doesn't mean I don't want to still roll for some servants and do the events that are coming up when I can. Those things are fine for casual guys like me. I'm a casual player and I thought that should have been clear by now.

Just to be clear, I feel the same about games like FFBE and Fire Emblem Heroes (the other two gacha games I play). I never do hard content in either of those games and I don't bitch that I didn't get x or y gear. Those sections of the game just aren't for me or are worth me messing with...so I don't. I don't see how that's a bad thing. I do like reading how folks beat certain content, but that's about as far as I go personally. I have no interest in putting more time in than that.

I do appreciate the offer of help, though. It's great that you guys are willing to do so, but I'm just not interested in going further if this is how it's gonna be...and I'm okay with that. Maybe one day I'll get a wild hair and decide to do more of the story, but right now that's not something I really care about. I tried it, didn't like it or hit a wall, and I don't care about continuing down that path.

Instead I've been working on doing the little story missions for some of the servants I like and that's good enough for me right now. The new event starts this week, too. I'll have some things to work on soon enough.

Pejo

300 SQ and not one Summer Servant...

2 pulls didn't even have any summer CE...

I need to start selling blood...
Yikes, sorry about that. Desire sensor sounds like it's doing its thing. At least we have individual rate ups if you want to try again a little later for a specific servant.

I had 1 ticket and 130ish quartz after finishing all the Free Quest and available Strenghtening/Interludes this week. Used the ticket I had saved up first, instantly gave me Tamamo Lancer, first 10 pull got me Mordred and some CEs. Burned the rest of the quartz since I wanted the pirates, and I actually got them on the last pull, along with the 5* CE. I'm completely quartz broke now, but that's a pretty good haul. Wish I got Kiyo instead of Tamamo though.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Mordred, Artoria, Mary Read, and Marie Antionette are the four that I want the most for the swimsuit skins - but I am disappointed that Mary is hidden behind Anne.

Pejo

Is there going to be an Artoria summer servant? Like a second set or something like that?
Yep, next week we get part 2 of the event (to make Scathatch permanent) and the other servants on a banner. The banner is Archer Artoria, Marie, and Martha (ruler).

Mordred, Artoria, Mary Read, and Marie Antionette are the four that I want the most for the swimsuit skins - but I am disappointed that Mary is hidden behind Anne.
Yea it would have been cool if the ascension art alternated between Anne/Mary.

EDarkness

Cool. Another strong Archer unit would be nice, so I might throw a 10 pull on that. I'd like to have Mordred, but I doubt I'll get her. Can't hurt to try, though. :)

Basoes

was rolling for valkyrie and got
2AJAZzm.png

bit disappointing that my latest ssr is another saber, I have 4 now and makes my 8th ssr, least he looks cool tho

Last edited:

Pejo

was rolling for valkyrie and got
2AJAZzm.png

bit disappointing that my latest ssr is another saber, I have 4 now and makes my 8th ssr, least he looks cool tho
Can't wait until Sigurd makes it to GL, i love the design. Congrats on the pull!

Thanks for posting this, the animation looks great in this, but it's apparently a Dissidia arcade type 3v3 game, which is a bummer. I hope it does well enough to get a console port so I can play it someday. If they picked Caster Cu and Lancer Cu doesn't make it in, I'm gonna be pissed.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Considering Dissidia NT is absolutely fantastic and I have put well over 2000 hours into the arcade version alone - I am very hyped for FGO Arcade. I just hope it makes its way to the west.

EDarkness

was rolling for valkyrie and got ... (pic)... bit disappointing that my latest ssr is another saber, I have 4 now and makes my 8th ssr, least he looks cool tho

Congrats, man. I don't think I know who that character is in the FATE universe, but he does look cool.

I did a 10 pull yesterday to see if I could get one of the new servants (I really want to get swimsuit Mordred), but didn't get anything. Heh, 4* servants are just as hard as the 5* servants. Heh, heh. Only got one new SG and at least this one helps give more stone (?) so I'm happy with that. I might pull again when Artoria is in the pull. I like her attack animations (sword and gun) looks cool. Is Mordred still gonna be in the pull next week when the banner changes?

Basoes

Congrats, man. I don't think I know who that character is in the FATE universe, but he does look cool.

I did a 10 pull yesterday to see if I could get one of the new servants (I really want to get swimsuit Mordred), but didn't get anything. Heh, 4* servants are just as hard as the 5* servants. Heh, heh. Only got one new SG and at least this one helps give more stone (?) so I'm happy with that. I might pull again when Artoria is in the pull. I like her attack animations (sword and gun) looks cool. Is Mordred still gonna be in the pull next week when the banner changes?
not sure about the banner changes since I don't play eng, but I would def save for archer artoria, she's a great servant

Pejo

Banner #2 will debut next week, but the first banner will still be up for the length of the event. You will not be able to get Mordred on the Artoria banner though, it's locked down to all the common servants + Martha (ruler), Squirtoria, and Marie caster.

EDarkness

No Mordred next week, eh? Hmmm...gotta figure out what to do about that. I'd like to get Swimsuit Artoria (even thought that's probably a pipe dream), but I'd like Mordred, too. I have 100 SQ (I think) right now so I could get a couple to tries. Tough decision. Oh, and this event doesn't seem too bad. I still haven't gotten Swimsuit Scath, but I'll keep chuggin' along, in any case.

I still haven't figured out what the point of making a pizza oven or stone well is, but it's okay. The little skits are light hearted, which is good.

Pejo

No Mordred next week, eh? Hmmm...gotta figure out what to do about that. I'd like to get Swimsuit Artoria (even thought that's probably a pipe dream), but I'd like Mordred, too. I have 100 SQ (I think) right now so I could get a couple to tries. Tough decision. Oh, and this event doesn't seem too bad. I still haven't gotten Swimsuit Scath, but I'll keep chuggin' along, in any case.

I still haven't figured out what the point of making a pizza oven or stone well is, but it's okay. The little skits are light hearted, which is good.
You could always see if you get lucky with Artoria next week on the first roll or two, then go back for Mordred. Like I said, they'll both be up for the rest of the event, just can't roll between the groups on the same banner. Also keep in mind that it appears all the past summers' servants will come back in upcoming summer events, so you'll have another chance later.

Seems I got lucky again
Congrats! I've been reading that she's Quick Merlin, and I'm anxious to see if it really plays out like that. I like a lot of Quick servants, and while Waver makes sure they never are bad, it'd be nice if they had a direct support like Merlin -> Buster and Tamamo -> Arts.

Pejo

Congrats Basoes, that's a pretty good run of luck!

I love seeing these servants, but it's kinda depressing that GL wont' get them for 2+ years (if the game is even running still by that point).

Basoes

Congrats Basoes, that's a pretty good run of luck!

I love seeing these servants, but it's kinda depressing that GL wont' get them for 2+ years (if the game is even running still by that point).
at least it gives you a good idea of when to save so you won't get tempted by whatever current banner is going on

Pejo

at least it gives you a good idea of when to save so you won't get tempted by whatever current banner is going on
Too true. I kinda wish GL version would mix up the banners at least, if they're not going to speed up events to try to catch up. Knowing I have to wait 2 years for Skadi kills me, since a lot of the servants I like are Quick.

Basoes

Too true. I kinda wish GL version would mix up the banners at least, if they're not going to speed up events to try to catch up. Knowing I have to wait 2 years for Skadi kills me, since a lot of the servants I like are Quick.
speaking of skadi, looking at her mats made me realize I need to hurry on with the story, I was at babylon for a good year or so just doing nothing, now I'm in lostbelt trying to open up farm maps lol

nothing like waifu bait to get you motivated

Last edited:

EDarkness

I got Assassin Scath (temp) yesterday and I'm wondering when we'll be able to get her as a permanent member of our group? It says we'll get her with "Part 2", but when is that?

Pejo

I got Assassin Scath (temp) yesterday and I'm wondering when we'll be able to get her as a permanent member of our group? It says we'll get her with "Part 2", but when is that?
Maintenance is scheduled for Sunday night, so smart bet is that part 2 starts Monday. I don't have any hard evidence besides the maintenance date though. I was hoping it started sooner, but I don't mind having a little extra time to farm items from this shop.

Pejo

I'd just focus on the shop and if there's anytime left over play around with the island/buildings
Agreed. We still have a whole second storyline and shop to clear. I'd even argue the QP is a better idea than the cutscenes, unless you were really unhappy with the ones you already picked.

I finally cleared the wood items from the shop, I was definitely spoiled farming Jungle with CuZilla and Raikou, these clears are not quite so easy anymore, lol. Currently I'm doing Grasslands for stone and using Herc/Friend Herc/Nero Bride, but it's not a quick or easy clear. Especially since I'm trying to clear with level 1 backup servants to raise their bond simultaneously. Might back down off of Storm difficulty or use one more good servant in my lineup if I don't get a better pattern down.

Basoes

first time paying on a mobile game, it wasn't bad, at least I didn't get holmes again, this makes 10 ssrs with 7 being limited lol
DhAer3E.png

Last edited:

deanote666

Congrats on your guy's pulls

Got a summer pirates and Martha ruler. Don't think I'm going to see any more of the summer servants...

Edit: did one more pull and got Martha ruler from NP1 to NP3... :/

Last edited:

Pejo

Congrats on your pulls Basoes! JP really seems like an embarrassment of riches compared to GL sometimes.

I had a bit of luck this morning as well:

No Archuria, but that's ok. Can save up for future events now. How much further do we have for Merlin?

EDarkness

Well, I decided to blow some SQ on the summer banners, but holy shit, I didn't get crap. Just a bunch of stupid craft essences and no 4* or better units. None. Man, I don't even know why I bothered in the first place.

Pejo

Well, I decided to blow some SQ on the summer banners, but holy shit, I didn't get crap. Just a bunch of stupid craft essences and no 4* or better units. None. Man, I don't even know why I bothered in the first place.
Well at least you can finish the story quests now and get your Assassin Scat permanently. She's one of your favorites right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom