• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDarkness

What'd you get on the guaranteed SSR? i went lancer and got two Enkidus and a Vlad (lancer), and Jaguar man NP4.

Ugh. I did the assassin/ruler one. I don't have a 5* assassin servant and paid money to maybe get one. Since there is only one, yes ONE, 5* assassin (which sucks), I knew there was a chance I would get Jeanne. Not that I would mind that since I don't have her. But I got TWO 5* servants and they were both JEANNE! Man, I was so pissed. I don't get 5* servants in the game. It just doesn't really happen. Hell, I can't even get 4* units. My whole pull was fraggin Jekyll. Can you believe that? I got like 5 of him. All of the guys I could have gotten and I got 5 of fraggin' Jekyll. There are so many assassin servants I don't have and ended up with 2 Jeanne (not an assassin), 5 Jekyll, and the rest cards. Terrible pull, man. It sucked. I'll never do this again...ever. I felt like I wasted money (which I did). I'm still pissed about it.

Pejo

Ugh. I did the assassin/ruler one. I don't have a 5* assassin servant and paid money to maybe get one. Since there is only one, yes ONE, 5* assassin (which sucks), I knew there was a chance I would get Jeanne. Not that I would mind that since I don't have her. But I got TWO 5* servants and they were both JEANNE! Man, I was so pissed. I don't get 5* servants in the game. It just doesn't really happen. Hell, I can't even get 4* units. My whole pull was fraggin Jekyll. Can you believe that? I got like 5 of him. All of the guys I could have gotten and I got 5 of fraggin' Jekyll. There are so many assassin servants I don't have and ended up with 2 Jeanne (not an assassin), 5 Jekyll, and the rest cards. Terrible pull, man. It sucked. I'll never do this again...ever. I felt like I wasted money (which I did). I'm still pissed about it.
Well, Jeanne NP2 is definitely not worth much, but one copy is great for stall teams. She's going to serve you pretty well when break bars get implemented this year if you don't have Merlin/Buster teams to crash right through the enemies. There was a time on the tier list where Jeanne was the highest rated servant that's not Merlin/Waver. Still, sorry you didn't get Jack.

I was able to snag Hassan last night, but I had to dig into the wallet a little to do so. He was my most wanted servant for this half of the year until the new Summer units, so I didn't mind dropping some cash. I still have a little chunk leftover to try for MHXA when her banner releases in a few weeks. They really front-loaded this year in this game. Lots of return banners for the rest of the year.

I'm really sad that the ember mines are back to normal, I was enjoying the influx.

EDarkness

I don't mind having one of her, but to actually get a 5* and it's the same one...ugh. I didn't think there was a way I'd be disappointed and came away disappointed.

I can't think of anything else I'd want out of this game until the Summer banner comes back and I can get a second try for Surfer Mordred and Watergun Artoria. I doubt I'll get lucky, but that's the only thing I wanted to save for so far. The game is getting to the point where I'm just not interested in anything going forward since fights are getting harder and the game is getting harder in general. I still can't really finish the Camelot thing and I'm not interested in continuing with it. At least I get ghost Da Vinci in the shop. I don't like BS fights and I feel like this game is going in the direction of FFBE with lots of silly fights that really aren't all that much fun.

Which is another reason why I'm so mad about the whole Jeanne thing. I can't believe I was weak enough to go against something I said I wouldn't do and pay for something I know I'm on the verge of quitting anyway. It's not like the game has done much to keep my invested up until this point. Pretty much all of my pulls have been shitty and the only thing I can say I REALLY got luck with is that I got Scath when I wanted her, even though it was looking like that wasn't going to happen, too. This game just doesn't give at all and expect everyone to drop insane amounts of money to gamble for units. It sucks.

It sucks even more that I like the characters and the events and that keeps me playing. I'd like to have a well rounded group of characters I like, but the game just doesn't let that happen, even with saving tons of SQ.

One funny thing about all of this is I'm afraid to pull for casters because I have this sinking feeling I'll end up with Zhuge #3. That's one of my biggest fears. I don't want to waste another rare as hell 5* pull on another Zhuge....

Last edited:

Pejo

I don't mind having one of her, but to actually get a 5* and it's the same one...ugh. I didn't think there was a way I'd be disappointed and came away disappointed.

I can't think of anything else I'd want out of this game until the Summer banner comes back and I can get a second try for Surfer Mordred and Watergun Artoria. I doubt I'll get lucky, but that's the only thing I wanted to save for so far. The game is getting to the point where I'm just not interested in anything going forward since fights are getting harder and the game is getting harder in general. I still can't really finish the Camelot thing and I'm not interested in continuing with it. At least I get ghost Da Vinci in the shop. I don't like BS fights and I feel like this game is going in the direction of FFBE with lots of silly fights that really aren't all that much fun.

Which is another reason why I'm so mad about the whole Jeanne thing. I can't believe I was weak enough to go against something I said I wouldn't do and pay for something I know I'm on the verge of quitting anyway. It's not like the game has done much to keep my invested up until this point. Pretty much all of my pulls have been shitty and the only thing I can say I REALLY got luck with is that I got Scath when I wanted her, even though it was looking like that wasn't going to happen, too. This game just doesn't give at all and expect everyone to drop insane amounts of money to gamble for units. It sucks.

It sucks even more that I like the characters and the events and that keeps me playing. I'd like to have a well rounded group of characters I like, but the game just doesn't let that happen, even with saving tons of SQ.

One funny thing about all of this is I'm afraid to pull for casters because I have this sinking feeling I'll end up with Zhuge #3. That's one of my biggest fears. I don't want to waste another rare as hell 5* pull on another Zhuge....
Understandable. If you like any of the stories, though, you really should still make an attempt to finish Camelot and Babylonia. They were really fun reads. Nothing wrong with just playing for the easy events and saving SQ though.

Pejo

Oh boy, here comes Dantes again. Last time I put up a ton of Quartz for him and didn't get him. Luckily all the challenge quests give Summon Tickets. I'm going to use the superstitious summoning methods to see if I can luck into getting him this time.

- Enhance heroes or CEs until you get a Super Success or better, then do a single pull.
- Summon FP summon until you get a 3* servant then do a single pull on banner.

I've never tried the first one before, but the second one actually worked for me before on my first Anne & Mary.

Anyways, he actually becomes one of the highest rank servants in a few years when Skadi meta drops, but I also have to watch out on my Quartz reserves because MHXA is coming in a few weeks and I definitely want to try to pick her up, maybe even NP2. I love her 3rd ascension design a lot. I don't know what it is, but I don't like any of the regular Sabers at all, but I really like edgy Alter, pretty much across all of her iterations.

JohannCK

From Tokaigi 2019
Dx0XU_XV4AAehf0

Pejo

Cool pic ^, wonder what it's made out of? Modeling Styrofoam stuff? It can't be too heavy with that flimsy base holding it up.

Man it's crazy how far my team has come, I'm annihilating these Dantes event challenge quests in 3-4 turns this year. Last year they were a struggle. The final challenge still looks to be a bit of a tough one, might have to dig out my old arts stall team for that one. I am a little concerned that Dantes himself has invincible/evade ignore. I'd hate to slog through the whole quest only to get rooked at the end there. I could also bring a buff clear like Amakusa to get rid of the buff when he casts it. Anyone know if it's a one time buff or if he can cast it back to back? I guess I'm most concerned about him casting it right before he NPs. Too bad we don't have a Moon Cancer yet.

Also, finally got my Dantes! Did a few 10 pulls and got rainbow spooked by Ozy NP2, which was a major bummer, but got Dantes on the very next pull. Whew.

Pejo

Well, I did it. Took forever though. My team was Jeanne/Archuria/Medea Lily/Rider Martha/Caster Tamamo/Friend Waver. As you can see, took over 100 turns, lol. IMO, the hardest parts were the Lancer homunculi and dual rulers. Amakusa's NP does WAY more damage than you'd expect it to, even with Jeanne's NP strength debuff and waver's def buff. MVP for me, as always with Arts stall tactics, was Medea Lily. With a linup of her/Jeanne/Tamamo, it's nearly impossible to die. Funny enough, I brought Martha for enemy buff clear and debuff cleanse, but she ended up just coming in for a single round to eat a NP and die, lol. Dantes never even got a chance to get his NP off, and never used his "bypass invincible" skill. Archuria's NP spam is amazing, I'm really glad I went for her NP2. Felt like a waste at the time, but she gets like 60-80% NP back from her NP every time she uses it.

Pejo

Hell yea, got MHXA! I was down to my last 30~ quartz too, came off of a silver zerker card that cracked and flashed gold. Total spent was 35 tickets and 180 SQ. Down to basically nothing now.

Also got NP5 Taiga along the way and quite a few event CEs. Finally the pressure is off from pulling for a while. The past few weeks have been full of servants I wanted.

Valentine's event has Gallstones, which I need a ton of, so i'll definitely be farming that for a while. Any of you guys pull on the banner, or are you waiting for the dual rate-ups?

EDarkness

every day the banner switches and will have a second female 5* focus, along with MHXA. Like MHXA and Sanzang, MHXA and Jack, etc etc. First day of the event was the only day where MHXA got a solo rateup.

Ah. That makes sense. Never heard it called that. Doesn't matter, I think I've only ever gotten an on banner 5* character once in this game.

Pejo

New story out finally! About time. I enjoyed the break to level up some servants, but it's nice to have something else to do.

Pejo

I was completely ignoring the rerun of Gudaguda until I noticed they put star quartz rewards in the points rewards. *sigh* looks like I need to bust out the old CEs out of the archive.

In other news, Fate/EXTELLA Link releases today (at least on PC, not sure about console). I picked it up, waiting for the unlock. The gameplay looks a lot more fluid and the graphics have a notable improvement. Hopefully they toned down on the number of those UFO enemies in each zone that shit out captains. They were not fun/hard to fight, just annoying and ultimately why I quit playing the game.

EDarkness

I was completely ignoring the rerun of Gudaguda until I noticed they put star quartz rewards in the points rewards. *sigh* looks like I need to bust out the old CEs out of the archive.

In other news, Fate/EXTELLA Link releases today (at least on PC, not sure about console). I picked it up, waiting for the unlock. The gameplay looks a lot more fluid and the graphics have a notable improvement. Hopefully they toned down on the number of those UFO enemies in each zone that shit out captains. They were not fun/hard to fight, just annoying and ultimately why I quit playing the game.

I bought it on the Nintendo Switch. Can't wait to give it a try since I really enjoyed playing the first game. The story was bad, but playing as Artoria was awesome. :D

Pejo

Reminder to anyone that's still playing - there's a new Mystic Code quest under the menu where you find the Daily quests. Limited time, so don't forget to snag it.

Pejo

Another quick reminder. Make sure you try to catch up story to at least beat last season's story (Solomon), or you can't do the event coming up on the 23rd. This one gives away probably the best welfare SR we've gotten so far, and I think she's one of JPs most grailed servants.

EDarkness

Another quick reminder. Make sure you try to catch up story to at least beat last season's story (Solomon), or you can't do the event coming up on the 23rd. This one gives away probably the best welfare SR we've gotten so far, and I think she's one of JPs most grailed servants.

I don't think I can do it since I haven't beaten the story up to that point. Stuck at Camelot and I don't think I'm gonna be able to get past this part. Who's the servant they're giving?

deanote666

BB is the upcoming welfare servant. New type: Moon Cancer. This one is only 1 of 2 of that type in the game.

Even if you're still in Camelot, it's still worth working on the story since 1/2 AP. Camelot was harder than Babylon I think. Camelot has too many enemies with plot armor but you get some help in Babylon.

Finally managed to get a 5* Gil Archer on 1 yolo pull on the current banner.

I'm still working on getting all of my servants to level 5 bond and level 4 ascension. Almost done with the former and the latter still has a LONG way to go. Out of feathers, pages, and assassin pieces/monuments...

Last edited:

Pejo

I don't think I can do it since I haven't beaten the story up to that point. Stuck at Camelot and I don't think I'm gonna be able to get past this part. Who's the servant they're giving?
Like deanote mentioned, BB is a very rare type servant that is strong against Avengers. Also, her skills provide a 4 turn heal/cleanse/debuff immunity to any party member, while another clears invincible/evasion buffs from enemies, and is even a 100% stun at level 10. Her NP also has a party wide 20% NP charge, so not only is she good versus a strong enemy type, but she's got a really really good support kit.

Anyway, if you finally want to make a serious run at Camelot, let me know what you need and I'll put up various friend units, for whatever the fight requires.

Last edited:

EDarkness

I just wish this Camelot stuff was at least fun, but it's just tedious and needlessly difficult. A lot of the fights are cheap and they keeps having a bunch of different servant types per mission. It's frustrating. What really pisses me off the most is that they require getting through this silly story stuff to do limited time events. Why? There's no good reason for locking content behind this story stuff. If this continues, then there will be almost no point for me to be playing this game at all since I won't be able to do anything.

Pejo

I just wish this Camelot stuff was at least fun, but it's just tedious and needlessly difficult. A lot of the fights are cheap and they keeps having a bunch of different servant types per mission. It's frustrating. What really pisses me off the most is that they require getting through this silly story stuff to do limited time events. Why? There's no good reason for locking content behind this story stuff. If this continues, then there will be almost no point for me to be playing this game at all since I won't be able to do anything.
I feel like it's mostly a mental block for you. The fights, while a little harder than the stuff that came before it, are not that hard. Hell, you could command seal your way through most of it given the amount of time that they've been out. You can use the wikia to see exactly what you're fighting on each node and plan accordingly, and they even give you all the little special boss buffs so you can deal with it. https://fategrandorder.fandom.com/wiki/Main_Quest:_Camelot#Arrow 4

Plus you can watch youtube vids on the harder fights to see pretty much a step-by-step clear (card RNG not withstanding).

One recommendation I have is to level Euryale to 70 at least and fou her. She's invaluable for the Gawain fights, even better than 5* Orion.

I think if you sat aside some time for the story, you'd really like Camelot. It was the first one that Nasu wrote in a while, and both it and Babylon were excellent (IMO).

EDarkness

I feel like it's mostly a mental block for you. The fights, while a little harder than the stuff that came before it, are not that hard. Hell, you could command seal your way through most of it given the amount of time that they've been out. You can use the wikia to see exactly what you're fighting on each node and plan accordingly, and they even give you all the little special boss buffs so you can deal with it. https://fategrandorder.fandom.com/wiki/Main_Quest:_Camelot#Arrow 4

Plus you can watch youtube vids on the harder fights to see pretty much a step-by-step clear (card RNG not withstanding).

One recommendation I have is to level Euryale to 70 at least and fou her. She's invaluable for the Gawain fights, even better than 5* Orion.

I think if you sat aside some time for the story, you'd really like Camelot. It was the first one that Nasu wrote in a while, and both it and Babylon were excellent (IMO).

I appreciate your comments, but don't you think that's just a little too much to beat some terrible story missions? I mean, it being so difficult that folks have to command seal their way through, or look up videos online is really showing how much of a pain it is. The early stuff was much better, it was made so folks could get through it without too much trouble. This new stuff is just beyond that. Not everyone is high level. Or wants to get that deep with the game. Why force this on folks? And to gate it makes it even worse. The fact that I won't be able to do future events without doing it is beyond frustrating.

I finally got Euryale, but she's not even close to built up. Since leveling stuff up in this game is a serious pain in the butt, that's not happening anytime soon. It's not like I can just run a couple of dungeons to get some EXP to level my guys up. That's one of the areas I've fallen way behind with. It just takes soooooo long to level guys up, I gave up a couple of months ago. Anyway, I'm sorry for going off on another tangent.

You know, having this conversation I think I've finally figure out that this game just isn't for me. I'll stick with the other FATE games, I think. Can't pull anything. Fights are too hard. Content is gated behind silly story missions. I'm just not having much fun. So I think this is for the best.

Thanks, man. I feel like I needed that moment of clarity.

deanote666

Getting exp cards is easy. The other ascension items can be harder but I get most of those through prize shops. I've been burning apples like crazy and still have over 130 gold apples. I got 5* Archer Gil a few days ago, and he's up to level 85 now.

I know it's a mobile/casual game but what game allows someone to beat it without learning how to play it? It's expected to learn how to use the battle system to the fullest. I look up strategies and videos in other games when I'm stuck too.

The story completion requirement sometimes has to do with the limited time event referencing the story so far so there might be spoilers if you haven't completed the story to that point or would be lost if you don't know what's going on.

I use the command seals all the time. No penalty if you do. If you do a mission right before the reset, you can have 4 in the same fight.

Last edited:

EDarkness

I don't think there's a problem with spoilers when it comes to special events. Like I just saw this new event requires that someone has clearned the Final Singularity. If I remember correctly that's the one after Babylon. That's just insane. Only the hardest of hardcore are gonna be able to do this. I don't see any point in doing this.

Knowing the basics and being the hardcore are two different things. I know the basics of the combat system, but the fights aren't all that fun and I feel like the "challenge" is just cheap stuff to make it "hard". It reminds me a lot of cheap FFBE fights. Not sure how people get any enjoyment out of that.

Last edited:

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I don't think there's a problem with spoilers when it comes to special events. Like I just saw this new event requires that someone has clearned the Final Singularity. If I remember correctly that's the one after Babylon. That's just insane. Only the hardest of hardcore are gonna be able to do this. I don't see any point in doing this.

Knowing the basics and being the hardcore are two different things. I know the basics of the combat system, but the fights aren't all that fun and I feel like the "challenge" is just cheap stuff to make it "hard". It reminds me a lot of cheap FFBE fights. Not sure how people get any enjoyment out of that.

There's a reason why this new event is gated off, it's somewhat difficult from what i've heard.

I'm gonna be honest, I was stuck at camelot too at one point. Reading the gamepress guide helped me get through a majority of the hard parts. A lot of the time, you can just borrow a really good servant to help carry you through the most difficult parts, but its been a while since I've gone through it. If you go into these battles blind, you're going to have a bad time.

Pejo

Hell yea, super successful pulls this morning. 1st ticket got me the Gil CE, 3rd ticket got me Melt, 1st 10 pull got me this:

K6p1r0K.jpg

I kinda wanted the saber too, but I'll wait a bit to go for any more. I still want to try to get Kiara too on her banner next week.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
lookin' good, mine werent as successful but in the end I did get passiontits, also hoping for kiara next week.

Pejo

I feel like these mission events are my favorite type. There's always something you're working towards and it's easy to tell what you need to do without scouring a guide. That said, due to real life I haven't done much farming at all yet. Going to have to go all in, one of these evenings.

If I had one complaint about this game, it'd be that farming is really tedious because you can't auto-farm stages, and constantly have to pick cards, skills, NPs. It's great for one-time clear content, but when you're grinding a stage it gets old REALLY fast.

deanote666

Damn, condolences. That's quite a bit of SQ. You pulling the next banner too?
Pejo: What did it cost?
Me: Everything....

Might pull once or twice. I'm broke now...

Edit: Whoo! Beat the final boss for the event. Got most of the debuffs from the store. Didn't use any CS or lose any servants! Used dual Merlin with Ozy/Xuanzang.

Last edited:

Pejo

Well it wasn't pretty, but I eventually got Kiara. Had to dig into the wallet a bit. Got NP5 Emiya Alter while I was at it, if that's any indication of how it went. Ah well, I'm officially done pulling until Summer now. I wouldn't mind Penth, but I'll just use the 4* pick ticket for her at the end of the year.

How are those of you doing the event coming along with the missions? I've really been slacking since I've been busy with life, I'm still on chapter 2. I'll be burning some apples this weekend to catch up.

deanote666

I'm done with all the missions, just farming Sakura for the shop.

You shouldn't need to burn too many apples if you follow a guide. I finished in 9 days but I did burn some apples (got over 130 gold apples and I was waiting for my car tires to be fixed :p)

I got Melt so I don't neeeed Kiara. At least that's what my wallet is telling me...

No Edgyemia or Kiara for me. Just 2 Liz's.

Pejo

Man that Passionlip fight was no joke. I'm still not fully adjusted to break bars, so I tend to overkill a lot and then not have enough oomph saved up for the next phase. Got past it after a second try though.

Looks like I have 2 chapters and a bit of farming left ahead to get BB, which is really my goal for this event. It's been a little rough for me because I play a handful of gacha games, and every single one of them is in an event grind right now at the same time.

deanote666

Man that Passionlip fight was no joke. I'm still not fully adjusted to break bars, so I tend to overkill a lot and then not have enough oomph saved up for the next phase. Got past it after a second try though.

Looks like I have 2 chapters and a bit of farming left ahead to get BB, which is really my goal for this event. It's been a little rough for me because I play a handful of gacha games, and every single one of them is in an event grind right now at the same time.
For the sentinel fights, I used dual Merlin and 5* Archer Gil. Dual Merlins to survive the NP's, healing, and NP regen. Archer Gil due to his anti-servant bonus. Gil could be subbed with any other strong servant, preferably one with NP regen.

The break bar fights are all about how fast you can refill that NP bar.

Edit: Got the dang Nun. At least she wasn't as expensive as Melt... Got 5 MLB 3*, 6 MLB 4*, and 2 MLB 5* event CE total... Started selling them so it could have been more...

Last edited:

Pejo

For the sentinel fights, I used dual Merlin and 5* Archer Gil. Dual Merlins to survive the NP's, healing, and NP regen. Archer Gil due to his anti-servant bonus. Gil could be subbed with any other strong servant, preferably one with NP regen.

The break bar fights are all about how fast you can refill that NP bar.

Edit: Got the dang Nun. At least she wasn't as expensive as Melt... Got 5 MLB 3*, 6 MLB 4*, and 2 MLB 5* event CE total... Started selling them so it could have been more...
Haha, I knew the FOMO would get you with Kiara. Congrats! I ended up with quite a few MLB event CEs too.

Got BB NP5/lv80/bond3 last night finally. That was a really good story for an event. Better than some of the early singularities actually. I also really like the Kiara boss mechanic where you can weaken her by farming, kinda neat. I wish we'd get more of the mission based events, they're definitely my favorite type.

deanote666

Grats on finishing CCC!

Got NP5 Shuten during the first run of the event and banana during the MXA banner so I'm saving SQ this event!

Last edited:

Pejo

Grats on finishing CCC!

Got NP5 Shuten during the first run of the event and banana during the MXA banner so I'm saving SQ this event!
Damn NP5 Shuten? That's dedication! I only have one NP5 SSR (technically NP6 since she gave me a spirit origin), Altera. All from Spooks. Sadly my SR Saber Alter is a way better NP waveclear servant with less cost, so I never even use Altera.

I will burn some tickets on the next singularity banner to try to get Wu or Penth, otherwise I'm in horde mode for summer. So many servants I want on the summer banners. I'm aiming primarily for Nero/Salter rider/Nito/Raikou but damn, I want all of them. Gonna be painful, I can already tell.

deanote666

The Shuten banner last year is the best luck I ever had. NP5 Shuten in 240 SQ. Pulls are on page 221 of this thread.

Didn't get any banana on the Shuten banner last year but got her to NP5 regardless.

I'm saving for the summer banner myself. Too broke to pull seriously on anything else.

I have Altera NP2 and Saber Alter NP2 but haven't really used Alter yet. Only got her fairly recently.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I started playing this a few weeks ago. I am up to London now. Pretty fun to play casually since I like Fate. They are pretty stingy with SQ. I’ve managed to get a few characters I like though. My current party is:

Mash (45)
Elisabeth Bathory (50)
Suzuka Gozen (60)
Carmilla (40)
Medusa (40)
Support Slot

I need to farm some Ascension mats because everyone but Mash is capped now. I just got to the part in the story where Mash can be raised to 60 now.

Last edited:

Pejo

I started playing this a few weeks ago. I am up to London now. Pretty fun to play casually since I like Fate. They are pretty stingy with SQ. I’ve managed to get a few characters I like though. My current party is:

Mash (45)
Elisabeth Bathory (50)
Suzuka Gozen (60)
Carmilla (40)
Medusa (40)
Support Slot

I need to farm some Ascension mats because everyone but Mash is capped now. I just got to the part in the story where Mash can be raised to 60 now.
Welcome to the game and the thread! That's a pretty decent starting team, and you'll find that a lot of servants are usable for all sorts of things. If you want to give me your friend code, I'll add you. I have a ton of servants leveled, so I could help you out with some strong support units.

There are a few servants at lower rarities that you will get plenty of copies of that are worth building:

-Euryale: 3 star archer that is super effective against male sabers, completely shuts them down with charm so they can't act. Really helpful for a few story and event fights.
-Cu (not Proto): 3 star lancer that is great for outlasting fights with that isn't a saber. Level him and his skills, put him last in your lineup and he can solo for quite a while without dying.
-Kiyohime: 3 star berserker that's good for farming until you get some 4* AoE berserkers. Berserkers deal extra damage to almost every class, so it's nice not having to worry about your lineup and just plow through a wave of enemies
-Arash: 2 star archer and king of farming. This isn't a priority until you get a a few max high level servants, but once you're at strength to reliably farm things, he's the #1 servant IMO. Get him as high leveled and as much ATK as you can, then level his 3rd skill. Then, preferably, equip a craft essence that gives him at least 70% NP at the start. He uses his NP, which is strong, fast, and almost always wipes out the first wave of enemies. He also dies afterwards which is great, since it allows you to switch in a different servant for the next wave(s). Your mileage may vary with lancers, but even with lancers if they have sub 12k HP should still be doable with the right stats. He is the #1 time saver on the more grindy events, and opens up a lot of opportunities to 3-turn an average farming stage (less wasted time). You will appreciate that later, lol.
-Hans: 2 star caster. I hear he's good for buffing your servants, but I rerolled to get Waver so he was never a priority for him, nor would I ever use him. That said, he does have some nicer buffs, but I don't know why you wouldn't just use a friend support Waver.
-Medea: 3 star caster. Has a very useful niche of removing an enemy's buffs that can be used fairly often. I personally haven't used her much, but I could see where it would be nice to have her around. Can also clear 1 ally's debuffs.

Also, you should try to unlock the Chaldea Combat Uniform ASAP. It's a really strong master outfit (Mystic Code) that allows you to buff ATK, manually stun an enemy with really high success, and swap an ally for a backline ally.

Let me know if you have any questions about the game.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Welcome to the game and the thread! That's a pretty decent starting team, and you'll find that a lot of servants are usable for all sorts of things. If you want to give me your friend code, I'll add you. I have a ton of servants leveled, so I could help you out with some strong support units.

There are a few servants at lower rarities that you will get plenty of copies of that are worth building:

-Euryale: 3 star archer that is super effective against male sabers, completely shuts them down with charm so they can't act. Really helpful for a few story and event fights.
-Cu (not Proto): 3 star lancer that is great for outlasting fights with that isn't a saber. Level him and his skills, put him last in your lineup and he can solo for quite a while without dying.
-Kiyohime: 3 star berserker that's good for farming until you get some 4* AoE berserkers. Berserkers deal extra damage to almost every class, so it's nice not having to worry about your lineup and just plow through a wave of enemies
-Arash: 2 star archer and king of farming. This isn't a priority until you get a a few max high level servants, but once you're at strength to reliably farm things, he's the #1 servant IMO. Get him as high leveled and as much ATK as you can, then level his 3rd skill. Then, preferably, equip a craft essence that gives him at least 70% NP at the start. He uses his NP, which is strong, fast, and almost always wipes out the first wave of enemies. He also dies afterwards which is great, since it allows you to switch in a different servant for the next wave(s). Your mileage may vary with lancers, but even with lancers if they have sub 12k HP should still be doable with the right stats. He is the #1 time saver on the more grindy events, and opens up a lot of opportunities to 3-turn an average farming stage (less wasted time). You will appreciate that later, lol.
-Hans: 2 star caster. I hear he's good for buffing your servants, but I rerolled to get Waver so he was never a priority for him, nor would I ever use him. That said, he does have some nicer buffs, but I don't know why you wouldn't just use a friend support Waver.
-Medea: 3 star caster. Has a very useful niche of removing an enemy's buffs that can be used fairly often. I personally haven't used her much, but I could see where it would be nice to have her around. Can also clear 1 ally's debuffs.

Also, you should try to unlock the Chaldea Combat Uniform ASAP. It's a really strong master outfit (Mystic Code) that allows you to buff ATK, manually stun an enemy with really high success, and swap an ally for a backline ally.

Let me know if you have any questions about the game.

Thanks for the advice. I think I have a few of those cheaper servants. I need to pick out an archer and caster next to round out my current lineup. I’ll also check into getting the combat uniform. My code is 818,712,413.

deanote666

Welcome to the game!

I've found either I have really good luck or really bad luck on the gacha.

If you don't get the desired rate up servant within a few 10 pulls, you probably aren't going to et it unless you full whale it.

Never pull on the story banner that's around forever.

Hang onto event CE's for revival events. Be careful combining event CE. You might be better having several of it as opposed to one maxed out.

Another trick is to do a hard battle right before the command seal reset. If you time it right, you could get 4 command seals in a single battle.

Up to around 400m damage points on the current event. Almost have the shop cleared, except for the CE's since I already got 2 maxed out.

Edit: Whoo! Archer of Shinjuku in 3 tickets!

Edit: Made it to over 550m damage points. Ran out of rice balls...

Last edited:

Pejo

Thanks for the advice. I think I have a few of those cheaper servants. I need to pick out an archer and caster next to round out my current lineup. I’ll also check into getting the combat uniform. My code is 818,712,413.
Sorry it took so long, I sent you a request tonight. My "all" character is Cu Berserker.

Pejo

Jormbo, this new event re-run is a great one for you to jump in to. There are a few good free Craft Essences, and it gives away a free single target Rider (Kintoki) that's really strong. I'm not sure what the requirements to participate are, but if you can get in on this one, it'll be good for your account.

Also, I've found that Raikou (5* Berserker) has been one of my most valuable servants that I've gotten in the game, might be worth some Star Quartz to try to get her. She synergizes really really well with Merlin and has Berserker's natural extra damage against almost everything.

rp1qdvbucri21.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom