• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT2| That's Hell You're Walking Into

deanote666

I guess there should be a revision to the friend point pull until you get a 3* servant before using SQ rule.

If you don't get a 3* within 5 10 FP pulls, walk away.

Got 2 3* in 1 10 FP pull, got 2 4* in a row on tickets and 2 5* spooks in the next 2 10 pulls.

Got a 3* in the first 5 FP pulls today and got the banner berserker, 2 4* and another 5* berserker in the same 10 pull the first 10 pull.,

Last edited:
Nope, between the two Foreigners, my target is Hokusai.

For the whales getting ready for their next banner, the best iTunes gift card deal is back:

EDarkness

I don't have any max bond servants. I think the closest I have is Artoria Alter. Everyone else is at the midpoint or somewhere close. It's just so hard building that up, I gave up at some point. At least being at 50% or a little over was good for the final Singularity when I was doing it.

Not much to do in the game right now, so I hope the next event is at least interesting. I did end up getting a 4* servant while chasing Ishtar. I didn't have base Fran, so I got to add her to my list. Pulling in this game is terrible. I wish they would do promotions and things to help people get decent servants.

Pejo

Well I learned a lesson last night. I had 48 tickets, so I figured I'd drop a few trying to NP2 Gil. 48 tickets later and on the very last one I got NP5 Vlad.

Oh well, still have over 300 quartz for the Salem banners. I like Hokusai better than Abby, but I still like her, and honestly not pulling has got this quartz fighting its way out of my pocket.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Are you all caught up on singularities? I'm still behind 2.

I need to do Agartha and Shinjuku. I thought about starting them this past week, but wanted to take advantage of the 1/2 off dailies. I'm going to start Salem when it releases in a few days.

You don't have to do the EoR pseudo-singularities in any kind of order so I'll probably just do Shinjuku after Salem releases. I need to get through all 4 EoR at some point no matter what since knowing the True Names of the servants from this year requires you to do it. I mean you get free quartz too so why not.

deanote666

I need to do Agartha and Shinjuku. I thought about starting them this past week, but wanted to take advantage of the 1/2 off dailies. I'm going to start Salem when it releases in a few days.
!
Now is the time to use them embers and then farm even more!!! *evil laughter*

I've probably burned 30+ gold apples on the 1/2 AP event on just embers!

I currently have 178/185 servants. Of those, I have max leveled all of them except for 4 3*, 8 2*, and 6 1*. I'm missing 6 5* and 1 3*

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
!
Now is the time to use them embers and then farm even more!!! *evil laughter*

I've probably burned 30+ gold apples on the 1/2 AP event on just embers!

I currently have 178/185 servants. Of those, I have max leveled all of them except for 4 3*, 8 2*, and 6 1*. I'm missing 6 5* and 1 3*

I have around 20 servants maxed. I’ve been focused on building the skills on my support list characters. I’m always in QP hell because those start to cost tons of raise. Right now I should have enough QP to finish Merlin’s last skill when I get a few gold gems from lotto. I also have enough embers/mats/QP banked to level Eresh and get her skills high if I roll her.

I should probably farm some embers today to finish Mecha Eli. She’s already almost there.

EDarkness

It takes too long to level up servants, to of the servants I have maybe 15 or so are max level. My biggest issue has been trying to figure out who to use EXP cards on. Since some of these servants I never use, I don't see the point in leveling them up...outside of just to use these EXP cards up. I tried saving the cards to use on the servants I really wanted, but my luck at getting those servants is terrible, so they just ended up sitting there taking up space. Decided to just build up some of the servants I have to use them and now I'm working on Herc. Once I get him built up, I have no idea who I'm gonna go with next.

Pejo

It takes too long to level up servants, to of the servants I have maybe 15 or so are max level. My biggest issue has been trying to figure out who to use EXP cards on. Since some of these servants I never use, I don't see the point in leveling them up...outside of just to use these EXP cards up. I tried saving the cards to use on the servants I really wanted, but my luck at getting those servants is terrible, so they just ended up sitting there taking up space. Decided to just build up some of the servants I have to use them and now I'm working on Herc. Once I get him built up, I have no idea who I'm gonna go with next.
If you want some help picking out some strong servants to level up, post your servants box and we can suggest some stuff.

Zambatoh

Whelp! It's December everyone and according to Mash, the Great Kotatsu War has broken out in Chaldea. Casualties are already piling up. But alas,

Abby is coming...

deanote666

Some events give bonus damage or event item drops for having specific servants in your party so having them on your support could help you get more Friend points and/or taking advantage of them yourself.

That's one of the reasons I'm leveling them all up.

Without knowing what you have, I would say level up one good AoE NP and 1 good single target NP of each class and go from there.

I typically only use 4* or 5* servants but to each their own. There aren't any real "bad" 4* or 5* but some are better than others.

One deciding factor could be their abilities. Level up the one with abilities you would use more. Ones with a higher strength stat. Special NP effects.

Pejo

Grand Order Arcade is really starting to deviate from the source quite a bit.

Weird, you would assume they'd release her on mobile too and get that sweet cross-promotion money. She could have easily gone on the banner with Astolfo.

Pejo

Here's a 3 turn setup for the upcoming christmas lottery farming. Obviously everyone won't have the lineup, but it's a good base line to see which similar setups you can use (Ishtar instead of Gil, etc). Hope you guys got your Arash leveled!

JORMBO

Darkness no more

Here's a 3 turn setup for the upcoming christmas lottery farming. Obviously everyone won't have the lineup, but it's a good base line to see which similar setups you can use (Ishtar instead of Gil, etc). Hope you guys got your Arash leveled!

Hmm, I haven’t leveled Arash. I just got Gil on Thanksgiving. I’m thinking I can run Raikou, Gil and my lv100 Tomoe along with Merlin. Won’t be three turn but should still be pretty quick.

I hope it hits this week. I finished Salem the other day.

Last edited:

Sakura

Slowly making my way through the story. Currently on Camelot. Enemies seem to be getting a lot stronger.
First time doing an event too. Takes forever to gather materials without any sort of auto function or anything.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Slowly making my way through the story. Currently on Camelot. Enemies seem to be getting a lot stronger.
First time doing an event too. Takes forever to gather materials without any sort of auto function or anything.

Prior to Camelot I could just grab a Berserker off my friends list and power through everything. Camelot is the first part of the story where things can be a little challenging and require some strategy.

On another note...got Sheba in 60 quartz + 15 tickets. Not interested in Abby at all so I am happy with that.

Pejo

A tip that will make your life a lot easier. If you see any of the Knight enemies with a sword, take them out first and fast. They can literally spam their buff move repeatedly to become invincible and nearly 1 shot your characters.

This site is a pretty good resource to find out which gimmicks the bosses have. https://gamepress.gg/grandorder/camelot-main-quest-list/

I still think that Camelot was the most challenging singularity overall. There are lots of unique boss mechanics that you don't see elsewhere that require specific setups or using command seals.

Euryale and Arash are great low rarity servants to have leveled for this singularity.

Prior to Camelot I could just grab a Berserker off my friends list and power through everything. Camelot is the first part of the story where things can be a little challenging and require some strategy.

On another note...got Sheba in 60 quartz + 15 tickets. Not interested in Abby at all so I am happy with that.
Congrats on Sheba! I did 300 quartz and the remainder of my tickets, got 1 Abby, 2 Sheba, a 2nd Schez, a 2nd Tomoe, 2 Ibarakis, and a Beowulf. Pretty lucky rolling overall. I was planning on building Sheba since I like her character a lot until I saw how many stakes it takes to build her. Maybe later.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I used my last 60 quartz to try and NP2 Sheba and got Abby instead. Not going to complain there. I’m going to buy a pack for Xmas to try for Eresh, then bank the last 30 of those quartz for New Years GSSR. After that I don’t think there’s anything I’m going to roll on until Summer. Gives me plenty of time to save up for Summer Jeanne, BB and Skadi.

I am debating not rolling on Eresh at all. Abby and Sheba already require stakes, and Eresh herself requires over 200 herself. I’d be stake farming forever. :unsure:

Last edited:

Pejo

I used my last 60 quartz to try and NP2 Sheba and got Abby instead. Not going to complain there. I’m going to buy a pack for Xmas to try for Eresh, then bank the last 30 of those quartz for New Years GSSR. After that I don’t think there’s anything I’m going to roll on until Summer. Gives me plenty of time to save up for Summer Jeanne, BB and Skadi.

I am debating not rolling on Eresh at all. Abby and Sheba already require stakes, and Eresh herself requires over 200 herself. I’d be stake farming forever. :unsure:
Not rolling for Hokusai?

EDarkness

I'm seriously considering using 30 SQ to try to get Abby. My crappy luck probably won't matter, but I'm tempted to try because I think she's a good class to have for the future.

Sakura

A tip that will make your life a lot easier. If you see any of the Knight enemies with a sword, take them out first and fast. They can literally spam their buff move repeatedly to become invincible and nearly 1 shot your characters.

This site is a pretty good resource to find out which gimmicks the bosses have. https://gamepress.gg/grandorder/camelot-main-quest-list/

I still think that Camelot was the most challenging singularity overall. There are lots of unique boss mechanics that you don't see elsewhere that require specific setups or using command seals.

Euryale and Arash are great low rarity servants to have leveled for this singularity.
Thanks for the advice. Pretty sure Gawain is broken he is kicking my ass. Guess I'll just use gems to finish the fight lol

Thanks for the advice. Pretty sure Gawain is broken he is kicking my ass. Guess I'll just use gems to finish the fight lol
Sic any ST Archer on your Friends list on him. Any support Orion, Chloe, Seibah (Squirt Gun version), or Gilgamesh will melt him.

Or just use your own Euryale, you probably have her at NP5 if you've rolled enough so just charge her up with some support Waver/Merlin/Tamamo juice and let her rip.

Last edited:

EDarkness

Ah...Camelot. I hated that singularity with a passion. Towards the end, I just skipped most of the dialog and used command seals to brute force some of the fights. No idea why they thought that stuff would be fun. Babylon was better, so maybe they learned something from that. Just try to brute force it, man.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Xmas event Monday.

banner_20191225_z7ta0.png

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I didn't get Eresh. I did get two copies of Gil and Ana, along with a truckload of CEs for the event.

Pejo

I'm still not sure how I feel about this spook:

RlHkSnt.jpg

On one hand, he's a better lancer than Eresh from a gameplay point of view, on the other hand...damn. I got the rainbow orbs, got excited, saw the lancer card, got super excited, and then....Karna.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I'm still not sure how I feel about this spook:

RlHkSnt.jpg

On one hand, he's a better lancer than Eresh from a gameplay point of view, on the other hand...damn. I got the rainbow orbs, got excited, saw the lancer card, got super excited, and then....Karna.

I forgot to mention I also got Fionn in addition to Ana x2. It sucks seeing the flashing colors, gold Lancer card and then it flips around showing Fionn :p

I don't even know why I rolled on this banner. I have NP2 Wise King and NP2 Ana. I've got 3 copies of the 5* CE and 6 copies of the 4* CE too which will be nice for farming. I already have Shishou and Karna so it's not like I actually need Eresh for anything and I'm not even a Rin fan.

The Wise King still constantly calling me a zasshu is amusing. No matter what form he materializes in, Gil will always be Gil. I just hope one day I'll become a worthy enough zasshu for his AUO form to come to my Chaldea.

I was probably a little overly prepared for Angra Mainyu. Between BB and Jalter, he went down in exactly 2 turns. You can't kill me when you're dead, Grail-kun. Now be a good boy and get back inside the cup and stay there.

Last edited:

Zambatoh

I somehow ended up with a 4th Ana. I don't usually get the same character like this within a few roles. Her drop rate must be abnormally high. Not that I'm complaining. Her %2300 NP multiplier is insane.

deanote666

Managed to get NP9 Gil caster (NP2 before Eresh banner) and NP5 Ana (NP1 before Eresh banner) before I get Eresh... Got a Sakura lancer spook (NP3) on the same 10 pull I got Eresh.

Used the last of my SQ on single pulls for Abby and finally got her when my SQ entered the single digits. NP7 Sheba from that banner...

Almost through box 5 on the lottery. Got a 5th copy of the event CE from a mission.

Got 1 MLB 5* event CE, 3 MLB 4* event CE, 3 MLB 3* event CE from Eresh's banner.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I’m up to box 13. Just about to finish up the store minus the monuments. I’m going to shoot for 25-30 boxes. I wish the event was a few days longer. I’m not sure how some of these people on Reddit/Gamefaqs farm hundreds of boxes.

Grailed my NP4 Musashi to 100 and maxed her skills to 10/10/10. She hits like a truck.

Last edited:

Pejo

I’m up to box 13. Just about to finish up the store minus the monuments. I’m going to shoot for 25-30 boxes. I wish the event was a few days longer. I’m not sure how some of these people on Reddit/Gamefaqs farm hundreds of boxes.

Grailed my NP4 Musashi to 100 and maxed her skills to 10/10/10. She hits like a truck.
Congrats on your Musashi! I'll be looking out for her on tough lancer bosses.

Yea, I don't get how people grind out hundreds of boxes either, I'm still on the first one, lol. Real life has put a real damper on this lotto event for me, I've just been really busy.

At this point I'll just be happy if I manage to empty box 5 and get Altera as permanent and NP5. Sucks too, I really wanted to stock up on Embers and Mana Prisms. Guess it'll be the next one.

Zambatoh

I'm still waiting for Gate 7 to open before I bother with the boxes. In the meantime however, I'm gonna try and scrounge up an extra 6 quartz so I can do one more 10-roll.
I've still got:
1 left from the Christmas Story
3 from Boudica's Interlude and Rank Up quests
1 from Leonida's Rank Up quest
1 left from Salem's final challenge mission
and maybe a few more if I can quickly level up some characters to Final Ascension.

So the story of the event was really good. I was surprised, it's masquerading as a Christmas event but it's actually kind of a denouement for Babylonia and follows on from the story of that. The timing is quite fortunate for NA players too since the Babylonia anime is airing at the moment.

Also "Gil teaches Sumerian mythology" was a riot. Fate is just so educational. No one taught me anything about Sumerian mythology in school, I've learned more about it from Fate than I would ever have in my life otherwise.

Zambatoh

Yeah that was fun. I especially loved the part where Ishtar married a Sheep.
Though what they failed to explain in that little skit, is that their yearly death cycle is what causes the seasons to change. Not that it's important, but it's an interesting part of the Sumer myth.

--
But anyways I managed to scrounge up enough Quartz to do another roll. Sadly it was one of the trashiest rolls I've ever seen. But it's alright. There is always next year.
For now. I save for Skadi. Anna needs her enabler dammit!

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Challenge quest was easy.
Musashi shredded Artoria and then Merlin was easy enough to kill.

Last edited:

EDarkness

For you guys farming this event for dirt, what's the best one to farm? I've been doing the assassin one, but I feel like it takes too long. As some of you guys have farmed the hell out of this, what was the one you found best?

Pejo

For you guys farming this event for dirt, what's the best one to farm? I've been doing the assassin one, but I feel like it takes too long. As some of you guys have farmed the hell out of this, what was the one you found best?
The final saber node is the best dropping node for dirt, but it can be really tedious to farm if you don't have a good team and strong archers. If you can't do that, any of the last "tier" of quests (berserker, assassin, archer) is the next best, split out by secondary drop type (candles, bell, snowman respectively). If you can't farm those reliably then just do the strongest quest you can.

Top Bottom