• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT2| That's Hell You're Walking Into

JORMBO

Darkness no more
For you guys farming this event for dirt, what's the best one to farm? I've been doing the assassin one, but I feel like it takes too long. As some of you guys have farmed the hell out of this, what was the one you found best?

I’ve been doing to Saber node that only drops sand. Lv100 Tomoe, Raikou, Merlin, borrowed Merlin. 2 dmg CEs, rest sand bonus CEs.

Wave 1 finish building NP quickly.
Wave 2 Stun the 150k guy, Raikou NP. Almost kills everything. Quickly finish off stunned mob next turn.
Wave 3 buff Tomoe and one shot the boss. Extra attacks kill the extra mob.

Not as good as the 3-4 turn set ups some people have, but it’s a quick 5-6 turn for me.

If you don’t have a strong squad to kill Sabers the Berserker node might work better. I haven’t farmed that one much though. This event kind of sucks because stuff has so much HP. I hit my goal of 25 boxes. I probably won’t do much more because I’m really bored at this point.

Last edited:

EDarkness

I don't have a good archer squad because the gacha just hasn't been good to me in that area. I was doing the Rider one for a while and tried the Berserker one, but I think the Berserker mission is too random because if those guys get a good crit on you...it's over. Trying to get it done fast has been tough as I feel like it's hard to kill stuff due to them having a ton of HP. Oh well, I guess carrying on with the Assassin one has to be the way for me to go.

deanote666

I've got a NP2 Gil Archer and a NP3 Ishtar if anyone wants to exchange friend. I currently have 2 open slots.

I've been using NP1 Archer saber, NP2 Gil Archer, and Merlin on the Sand farming. I average around 8-9 turns but is a reliable setup. Sometimes I have to make sure Merlin makes it to the 3ed line up though.

deanote666

Tomorrow is the last daily Xmas gift.

Want: SR ticket
Expect: 10 SQ
Can't really go wrong with either. The Salem part 1 banner owes me a Caster of Okeanos!!! :k I dumped over 300 SQ trying for her!

I've officially run out of servants to level. I am missing 8 and have all of the ones I have at max level.

Time to bust out some grails if the last advent calendar prize isn't a SR ticket...

Last edited:
Tomorrow is the last daily Xmas gift.

Want: SR ticket
Expect: 10 SQ
Hey we got 15, that's 5 more than JP got! Praise Albert!

I've got a NP2 Gil Archer and a NP3 Ishtar if anyone wants to exchange friend. I currently have 2 open slots.

I've been using NP1 Archer saber, NP2 Gil Archer, and Merlin on the Sand farming. I average around 8-9 turns but is a reliable setup. Sometimes I have to make sure Merlin makes it to the 3ed line up though.
Sent you a DM. This event is almost over but I'll get any of you guys who want, send me a DM with your friend code.

Last edited:

deanote666

I did another roll for Eresh with the free quartz they’ve given out and got junk. Quartz in, quartz out.
eDOkPRp.jpg

Edit: Made it to almost box 59. Got 6 CE drops total so I'll be set next year. I had to burn so many embers though... Bad time to run out of servants to level raise... I even used a grail on Raikou but that barely helped...

BzHDCoR.jpg

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I made it to box 28 before I got completely bored.

Lost Belt prologue is up. Reddit says it takes about 20 minutes. It gives 30 SQ if done before 1/7.

Zambatoh

I only managed 15 1/2 boxes. I also threw my remaining quartz at the banner and got CasGil.
So all in all, I walked away with NP4 Anna and a new Gilgamesh. Not too bad all things considered.

Pejo

Box 15 here too, I just had no time to grind this event. I did actually manage to snag Eresh off of the ticket I got from the 5 wreath quest, which was totally unexpected and awesome.

I really liked the story for this event, I only wish the event itself was longer. They could have given us another week or at least until the weekend.

EDarkness

I got to box 5. I couldn't go further. I'd rather spend my time on fun things than grinding out these things.

Started the story and it's dumb. Gonna be a dumb story going forward. I mean MC didn't have a damn thing to do with those 7 guys getting screwed over. If anything those guys should be pissed at the actual guy who did all of that. Villain lady is over the top silly and everyone should just tell these new guys to float on. Gonna drag out this whole thing for many many many months because...drama. Seven guys looking to become the villains of the story for...reasons...and will get beat down again. Oh yeah. Fun times ahead. Looking forward to that.

I didn't get Ereshkigal...not that I expected to. So from now on I'm on save mode because there's nothing else I've wanted to get...which may be what causes me to give this whole thing up finally. I guess we'll see. I'll probably just log in to get whatever daily stuff they give out. I might do the next Summer event because I'd like to have another Maid Artoria or Bikini Nero. Both of them I use all the time and getting their NP to at least 2 would be nice. Out of all of the pulls I've done in the last month or so the only new unit I've gotten is Caster Gil. Got him twice, too. Doubt I'll ever use him, but still I guess it's good to have him for flexibility sake.

deanote666

Grinding was kind of boring but I did get over 300m QP and tons of gems.

I had it next to my computer monitor and was doing it while doing stuff on my computer.

In the new story, @edarkeness, it was just the bad "guy" trying to mess with the MC regarding group A. I'd hold the judgement until after they wake up and have their say. Da Vinchi herself said that they would get along under normal circumstances. I'd say the new head is in line with how the nobles are portrayed in the series - pompus, arrogant jerks that throw around their heritage. Da Vinchi even says that he is just a rich boy with someone else behind the scenes. Plus this series has some fun with their over the top story lines.

Last edited:
I finished at 62 boxes. Could have gone further but like hell am I going to farm on Christmas Day. It's enough, I have enough gems and QP to last me a while, plus I've been able to level servants I've neglected going all the way back to 2018.

Pejo

GSSR coming up soon! Going for the 1st option myself.

gJJPIMi.png
Honestly I hate the way they split this one. I feel like the GSSR should always be class based. That said, I'm going to go with the 2nd option. The only 3 servants I wouldn't want NP2+ there are Waver, Nurse, or Vlad (since he's already NP5).

deanote666

I'm missing some from both pools. I'm missing more from the bottom pool but the first pool has more that I want to potentially get NP2... Missing Enkidu and Tesla from the first batch. Missing Jack, Mebd, Cu zerker, and the golden zerker from the 2nd pool.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Honestly I hate the way they split this one. I feel like the GSSR should always be class based. That said, I'm going to go with the 2nd option. The only 3 servants I wouldn't want NP2+ there are Waver, Nurse, or Vlad (since he's already NP5).

It looks like JP is class based this year. This looks so much better in comparison.

EM6JXlfXUAMyMzH

Yeah this GSSR was heavily criticized in Japan too. It's not a good one, but just wait until the one later on which is all the Limited servants in one huge pool. That one was hilarious.

EDarkness

I'm missing so many 5* units, but I know it's gonna be like last year where I got Jeane...again. Of all the possibilities I got a unit I already had. Man, I was so disappointed. Not sure I want that to happen again, but pool 2 would be the one I'd choose. Even though, I could use a 5* archer (I don't have one at all currently). But I'd much rather have Raiko or Abigail. Perhaps I'll need to think about this a bit.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Lancer has 5 characters I want. Archer has 3. Jeanne Alter would be nice too. I wouldn't mind a copy of Musashi to Np5 her. I'll never have the luck I had when rolling for her again so having an NP5 SSR would be neat.

Expecting another copy of regular Jeanne too though :p

Knights has a LOT of servants I want but also a lot of servants I desperately want to avoid. But I have too many servants in Cavalry already so I might as well roll Knights so at least it's a good chance of not a dupe, even if it's a shitty servant that I'll end up using out of pure spite. At least it won't be a dupe...

At least if I roll Knights, I can guarantee not getting a dupe of Medb. That's probably the most worthwhile thing of all.

Last edited:

EDarkness

Looking at the pool again, it wouldn't matter which group I'd roll in because I have very few out of both of them. Which is sad as hell considering how long I've been playing this game and how many rolls I've done over the years. This is one of the few gacha games that hasn't increased it's 5* drop rate, but I guess they don't need to since so many people dump so much money into the game as it is. I'll be definitely cutting back my spending in this game drastically this year. The odds of getting anything worthwhile is so damn low and they have no interest in making that better for people. Anyway, I'll probably still roll on group 2. I use other people's Raikou all the time and it would be nice to have my own. Even if it's a super low chance of getting her.

Pejo

No idea who to roll for in this. I only have 4 servants in this list. BB is cute though so I guess I will go for her.
Hope you get her! That caster lineup is pretty nuts for anyone that hasn't been lucky too. Da Vinci is the only "bad" choice there.

deanote666

No idea who to roll for in this. I only have 4 servants in this list. BB is cute though so I guess I will go for her.

Might want to check the list again. 4* BB is a welfare servant from the CCC event and not in the pool. 5* BB hasn't been released yet.

Sakura

Hope you get her! That caster lineup is pretty nuts for anyone that hasn't been lucky too. Da Vinci is the only "bad" choice there.
Thanks. I already have Skadi who is apparently good. I just want cute girls really.

I just love the surprise DW is keeping for us! Will it be the GSSR? Will Hokusai be there?

Or maybe....we'll get our first maintenance of 2020! I can't wait to find out!

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I just love the surprise DW is keeping for us! Will it be the GSSR? Will Hokusai be there?

Or maybe....we'll get our first maintenance of 2020! I can't wait to find out!

Havent seen a maint notice. I’m guessing the banner will just pop up when things change over shortly.

You would think they would hype the GSSR up a little bit.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
GSSR is up. I joked earlier about getting NP2 Jeanne since it’s the one thing from the pool I really didn’t want.

I got NP2 Jeanne.

Ahahahahah......YES. I have now proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt: It is possible, yes indeed, to pull a double-SSR GSSR and get two things I don't want. Thank you so much DW for these fine goods. The only thing better than "Wrong Luck" is DOUBLE WRONG LUCK.

wAZvbGj.jpg

Last edited:

deanote666

GSSR is up. I joked earlier about getting NP2 Jeanne since it’s the one thing from the pool I really didn’t want.

I got NP2 Jeanne.
Ruler Jean? I've got Ruler Jean NP6 myself.

I got Heroine X to NP2 on the GSSR. No lancer saber this time since she wasn't in that pool! (got her 2 GSSR in a row).

Managed to get Hokusai NP1 with 150SQ. Already up to level 90 and didn't use half of my saved embers... And now there's a bunch more embers in the MP shop...

Remember this banner is the last time Musashi is offered!

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Ruler Jean? I've got Ruler Jean NP6 myself.

I got Heroine X to NP2 on the GSSR. No lancer saber this time since she wasn't in that pool! (got her 2 GSSR in a row).

Managed to get Hokusai NP1 with 150SQ. Already up to level 90 and didn't use half of my saved embers... And now there's a bunch more embers in the MP shop...

Remember this banner is the last time Musashi is offered!

Yeah Ruler Jeanne. I would have been happy with Alter Jeanne.

Ember dailies are also 1/2 off right now.

Last edited:

EDarkness

I did my pull and got Sessyoin Kiara. Not bad, I guess, but I have Melt and didn't really need her. At least I ended up with some servant I don't have instead of Jeanne #3 (or 4...can't remember). Sorry for you guys who didn't get what you wanted. I was hoping for Raikou, but alas.

I got my Hokusai, it was pretty dicey there around 400+ SQ and after being spooked by Altera. I really didn't know if I was fucked or not but it worked out.

I really want to Grail my Cthulhu painter waifu....the problem of course is that she is Foreigner and only has class advantage against Berserkers. This is the same problem that Jalter faces as an Avenger.

Pejo

Got NP3 Summer Nero from GSSR, Caster was the only class I didn't want a servant from, but at least it was a damage NP instead of a support one I guess.

Had some pretty great luck on the NYE banner. Finally got NP2 Suzuka and this. I'm pretty excited, now I can crush Berserker nodes.
8lQHGHi.jpg

EDarkness

Congrats, Pejo Pejo . Your luck is a million times better than mine, but I only threw 30 SQ and about 10 tickets at that banner. I'm trying to decide if I should do more, because having someone who can deal with berserkers is just good business. My 5* luck is so terrible I feel like I'm just throwing resources out the window.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I rolled for Scathach tonight since she is my most wanted character. I got a rainbow right away...Mordred. Then I got three gold lancer cards quickly after .... Vlad III, Fionn and Parvati. On my last pull towards the end I got Scathach. The game must have wanted to troll me and burn all my currency first.

z41s0cl.jpg

Now I need a ton of bones.

Last edited:
Shishou is by far one of the most useful boss-killing units in the game. Nobody kills divine Servants like she does. She is especially good at killing a certain golden divine Archer who says "Fuhahahahaha~!" a lot and who is frequently used as a boss in content.

Last edited:

EDarkness

Congrats J JORMBO ! I'm glad I got the servant you were looking for. Scath is awesome. One of my most used servants. I wish I could get NP2 with her, but the odds of that are pretty slim.

deanote666

Grats on scath!

All interludes done...
All rank up done...
All free quests done...
All owned servants max level...

Switching between bone mines and QP mines now...

Apparently I accidentally sold almost all of the gatcha CE's for the coming event because they were in the general pool and forgot they were for an event... Guess I'll pull for jalter after all!

Edit: Since this is Musashi's last banner, I decided to get her from NP1 to NP2... It only took 465SQ...

Last edited:
Top Bottom