• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT2| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Pejo

I am saving for her and Summer also. I’m not sure if it is the Skadi banner itself or an event right before, but they are upping the 50 day login bonus from 20 to 30sq and retroactively applying the award. So if your account is really old you’ll get 10sq free for every 50 days. That’s going to be 100+ free quartz for people that have been playing long. Hopefully that’ll help some rolling for Skadi.
Summer always ruins my stash. This year it looks like we have Skadi immediately followed by 2 summer banners and a Dantes banner in between. Fuck.

On top of that, I'd really like an Achilles and Berserker Atalanta on the lead-up. Thank god for that quartz bonus (hopefully) coming. Doesn't JP also have a 11 pull for 30 Quartz now? If so, we'll probably get that eventually.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Summer always ruins my stash. This year it looks like we have Skadi immediately followed by 2 summer banners and a Dantes banner in between. Fuck.

On top of that, I'd really like an Achilles and Berserker Atalanta on the lead-up. Thank god for that quartz bonus (hopefully) coming. Doesn't JP also have a 11 pull for 30 Quartz now? If so, we'll probably get that eventually.

Yeah they have 11 pulls. Not sure what update that got added.

I want Skadi, Summer BB, Summer Jeanne and Dante. All those banners are right next to each other. Not much I want before then and not much after. I wish they were spaced out some.

EDarkness

I'm not too interested in the new Summer units, but I hope they do a rerun of the second Summer race we got with Ishtar, because that banner wouldn't give me the 4* units even though I got both Maid Artoria and Summer Nero. Not unhappy about that, but it would have been nice to get a couple of the other units, too. Not much to do until then.

What do you mean by 11 pulls? You mean they do a guaranteed 4* unit (instead of just a 4* something) on top of the 10 pull? Or is it the same as what we have now, except we get an extra chance to get something?

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I'm not too interested in the new Summer units, but I hope they do a rerun of the second Summer race we got with Ishtar, because that banner wouldn't give me the 4* units even though I got both Maid Artoria and Summer Nero. Not unhappy about that, but it would have been nice to get a couple of the other units, too. Not much to do until then.

What do you mean by 11 pulls? You mean they do a guaranteed 4* unit (instead of just a 4* something) on top of the 10 pull? Or is it the same as what we have now, except we get an extra chance to get something?

Same as we have now, but it would roll 11 times instead of 10.

EDarkness

No they aren’t going to do that ever :messenger_grinning_smiling:

(but they should)

They're one of the few holdouts who haven't raised their 5* drop rate to at least 3%. Heh, they have too many people who spend way too much money on this game, especially in Japan, that they will just keep things the way they are for as long as they can. It's really frustrating.

Pejo

They're one of the few holdouts who haven't raised their 5* drop rate to at least 3%. Heh, they have too many people who spend way too much money on this game, especially in Japan, that they will just keep things the way they are for as long as they can. It's really frustrating.
They're over 3.5 billion dollars now, I don't think with the game doing that well that they're particularly concerned with throwing us bones on rates, unfortunately.

Pejo

Man I love the music for this event. I wish we could pick our battle music once we've beaten a particular story/etc. The regular one is really boring compared to some of the Babylonia/Solomon/Event songs.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I ended up doing a run through of Shinjuku since I’ve been done with the event and singularities are half off AP. Not as good as Salem or Shimousa, but I enjoyed it. Just have Agartha left now.

Last edited:

Pejo

Man we've had a pretty good streak of login bonuses lately. I totally died out on the KnK rerun though, i think I only beat 10 or 11 missions. For whatever reason I've been barely able to log in twice a day and spend AP. Reruns are a part of it for sure, but I'm still like 3 singularities behind too, and I don't have the desire to go through them.

I'm also so damn tired of leveling units. It's my fault for pulling for so many, but it's just a never ending pit of embers at this point.

deanote666

Man we've had a pretty good streak of login bonuses lately. I totally died out on the KnK rerun though, i think I only beat 10 or 11 missions. For whatever reason I've been barely able to log in twice a day and spend AP. Reruns are a part of it for sure, but I'm still like 3 singularities behind too, and I don't have the desire to go through them.

I'm also so damn tired of leveling units. It's my fault for pulling for so many, but it's just a never ending pit of embers at this point.
You still get lots of resources from reruns, even if you skip the cut scenes.

Took me over 2 years in the ember mines before I leveled everyone up. Now I've burned a mountain of embers since I ran out of room.

If nothing else, do the singularities for the SQ, interlude unlock, and free quest unlock.

deanote666

Managed to get my first copy of Columbus from the Boys banner.

He and Caster Cu are in there if you guys still need them/want more copies.

Pejo

More reruns.

At least this has given me a chance to catch up on my Strengthening/Interlude quests. Rider Martha is actually pretty solid right now as a support, since her most recent upgrade made her NP do a little more than tickle the enemy and provide def down. She's great to use in a NP chain now with like Ozy/Medb/Kintoki. Also didn't realize that Merlin and Drake got their animation updates sometime in the past month or so?

Shouta

I just got this pull using the 30 Quartz from the 200 total login days on my JP account. I think this is probably the best pull I've ever had. :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

B5L9AeF.jpg

Pejo

I just got this pull using the 30 Quartz from the 200 total login days on my JP account. I think this is probably the best pull I've ever had. :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

B5L9AeF.jpg
Dang that's more gold cards than not. Nice pull! I hadn't seen that archer so I had to look him up, guess he's from Indian mythology. His 2nd sprite art is pretty nice.

Man I can't wait to start seeing some new bronze/silver servants in the pool.

Shouta

Dang that's more gold cards than not. Nice pull! I hadn't seen that archer so I had to look him up, guess he's from Indian mythology. His 2nd sprite art is pretty nice.

Man I can't wait to start seeing some new bronze/silver servants in the pool.

Getting 2 5-star Servants and Zhuge Liang in particular is wild. He's still really well-rated as a kit as I recall plus I like him and El-Melloi lol

EDarkness

B5L9AeF.jpg

Dude, that's an insane pull. I haven't gotten a 5* unit in many months now. I should just give up even trying. *sigh*. Congrats, man. Heh, heh.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Is this event going to be hard to finish without grinding? I am running all bonus characters and am only at 200k points out of 2 million needed. I've only been using natural AP. There are 10 days left out of 14 total.

Pejo

Is this event going to be hard to finish without grinding? I am running all bonus characters and am only at 200k points out of 2 million needed. I've only been using natural AP. There are 10 days left out of 14 total.
lol this reads like a high school math problem. I think you're gonna have to burn a few apples if you want all of the rewards. This is your first shot at Saber Lily, right? Did they still give her for free when you made your account? I got her during launch for free but I'm not sure how they handle new accounts these days.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
lol this reads like a high school math problem. I think you're gonna have to burn a few apples if you want all of the rewards. This is your first shot at Saber Lily, right? Did they still give her for free when you made your account? I got her during launch for free but I'm not sure how they handle new accounts these days.

I think her final copy is at a million points. It would be my first time getting her. I can do a million no problem. There's a bunch of hearts towards the end though that I really need too.

With bonus the latest node gives me about 10k per run. Maybe the daily quests and the final node will be better.

deanote666

I can get around 17-18k per run with bonus servants on the last free quest that was released.

I got 2 proto Arthurs (NP3) this round but no Enkidu...

I only did 1-2 10 pulls on the first Saber Wars so I had to pull a few more times for CE's.

EDarkness

I told myself I wouldn't pull for anything until Caster Scath. Been doing pretty well so far. I'll just live with what I have until then.

I threw 5 random tickets at the boys banner and now King Arthur is NP2. This bishie really loves me or something. I should check to make sure my name isn't Ayaka Sajyou.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Thanks to lockdowns everywhere I managed to finish the ladder in time.

There is some sort of stream tomorrow. I’m hoping they announce Anastasia for next week.

Pejo

Lost Belt 1 is out tomorrow.
Yikes, I'm still not done with the epic of remnant stuff. Good thing I'm home on quarantine for the foreseeable future. Guess it's finally time to spend the apples and power through it.

*edit* I hadn't really touched the Saber Wars event at all until today, but powered through at least the daily quests and still ended with quite a bit of Altrium, got at least 3 copies of Lily and some quartz/other goodies. Not bad for like 2 hours of gametime.

Also, read that we're getting 17 quartz for the stream and maint and other stuff. Good shit. NA's been on a roll lately, but it's probably necessary to keep people from burning out on the reruns one after another.

Here's the upcoming banner. I'll probably drop a bit on this one, I really want NP2 Atalante at least, don't really care about Anastasia though since I got NP3 Summer Nero for caster AoE stuff. I'm sure I'll get a few Avicebron too, he's pretty cool. Still gotta save quartz for the upcoming banners, but I haven't pulled on anything in a long ass time and I love Atalante's NP and look, ever since Apocrypha. She also becomes an excellent boss killer with Skadi.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Did one 10 roll hoping for Atalanta Alter and got another Enkidu. Too bad I can't trade him down for the 4 star.

Pejo

BcNf0i4.jpg

Good ol' desire sensor. First pull on the banner got me this. Second one got me a single Atalante. Then I burnt through all of my tickets and nothing of note, 2 10 pulls later to get the 2nd Atalante. Not bad, i'm still sitting at 180 quartz and I didn't have to use that.

EDarkness

This one and Achillles were two I planned on pulling for. You gotta make it through summer still before Skadi, good luck!

There's no one I'm interested in trying for until then. With my luck in pulling stuff, I'd just be throwing resources into the wind anyway. That makes it easy to hold out until then. I wonder what my resource pool will look like then. Heh, heh.

Last edited:
There's a list of future events (past events in Japan) which shows what requirements are for participating. A number of them do require Lostbelt completions.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I finished LB1. Pretty good storywise but I do wish they would trim some of the text down. Some of the scenes go on forever. Now to farm Eternal Ice for all of Skadis skills.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I haven't really done any of this event since FF7 came out. I've just mostly done the free daily quests. My only goal is to grab the hearts, roots and gold gems from the shop since I need those badly. I did get baited by the Waver banner since I don't have him yet and failed. Around 100 SQ and not even any event CEs. All junk.

deanote666

I haven't really done any of this event since FF7 came out. I've just mostly done the free daily quests. My only goal is to grab the hearts, roots and gold gems from the shop since I need those badly. I did get baited by the Waver banner since I don't have him yet and failed. Around 100 SQ and not even any event CEs. All junk.
Don't forget the mystic gunpowder from the shop.

I always stock up on all of the other materials. Never know when you'll need them. One point I had 300 proof of hero. Later I was doing free quests to farm them since I ran out.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Don't forget the mystic gunpowder from the shop.

I always stock up on all of the other materials. Never know when you'll need them. One point I had 300 proof of hero. Later I was doing free quests to farm them since I ran out.

Forgot there was gunpowder too. I'll have to grab that. Normally I clear shops, but between FF7R and P5R I've been busy gaming elsewhere. I did manage to clear hearts and roots today, along with the challenge quest. I'll have a week now to farm up a few of the other mats.

They just posted the Fate/Apocrypha event info:

Last edited:
Top Bottom