• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT2| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Pejo

Forgot there was gunpowder too. I'll have to grab that. Normally I clear shops, but between FF7R and P5R I've been busy gaming elsewhere. I did manage to clear hearts and roots today, along with the challenge quest. I'll have a week now to farm up a few of the other mats.

They just posted the Fate/Apocrypha event info:
It's cool that they're doing an event for this, but shit, would it have killed them to make it available to all servants instead of just the apoc ones?

Anyways, I barely play this game lately. I'm still stuck storywise on one of the EoR singularities, I keep falling asleep while I'm playing them. I know I don't have to do those in order, but eh.

Reruns are fine for new players, but they sure do suck all the excitement out of the game for me personally.

EDarkness

I haven't done anything in the game in a long time. I just log in daily to get the stuff and that's it.

Looking at that campaign, why would anyone need Friend Points? I have like 1.7 million of them and have no idea what to use them for.

Pejo

I haven't done anything in the game in a long time. I just log in daily to get the stuff and that's it.

Looking at that campaign, why would anyone need Friend Points? I have like 1.7 million of them and have no idea what to use them for.
Most people use them to get the 3* event CE's, which are in the friend point gacha when a new event starts. I blew a few hundred thousand to get Angra Mainyu when he first released, but I typically don't even do the daily free FP summons now lol.

Oh I forgot to ask - for non event-relevant CE's like the Apoc one we just got, do you guys keep copies of them, or do you just trash/sell/enhance better CEs with them and just look at the art in the Spirit Origin List? I've been keeping 1 copy of every CE but with the valentines stuff still in my present box, I need to do a lot of cleaning them out.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Most people use them to get the 3* event CE's, which are in the friend point gacha when a new event starts. I blew a few hundred thousand to get Angra Mainyu when he first released, but I typically don't even do the daily free FP summons now lol.

Oh I forgot to ask - for non event-relevant CE's like the Apoc one we just got, do you guys keep copies of them, or do you just trash/sell/enhance better CEs with them and just look at the art in the Spirit Origin List? I've been keeping 1 copy of every CE but with the valentines stuff still in my present box, I need to do a lot of cleaning them out.

I got rid of the valentine ones since there were so many. For other stuff I feel bad burning limited things so I put them in storage.

deanote666

I'm one of those that roll the FP until I get a 3* servant before rolling SQ summons. Doesn't always work but since there's clustering, if there's a chance for a high rarity servant in one pool, hopefully there will be a good chance in the other one.

FP are the only thing I spend Rare Prisms on. I've got over 60 of those...

JORMBO

Darkness no more
For some reason I thought the Sanzang event wasn't ending until Friday. Oh well.

Next event:

apocinfo.jpg

Last edited:

deanote666

Wake up, killed Jack once, went to make coffee and come back and see the raids are over. :messenger_dizzy:
At least you got one this morning...

I was at work when the other 2 times started. The first was when I was on break so I got a few in. Managed to get a few more while I was "working"...

The current round started 1-2 hours before my shift ended.

Got my NP1 Achiles to level 90 and my NP2 Chiron to level 80. My Caster Seig is stuck at level 70. Almost to the last ascension material but am almost out of embers.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
At least you got one this morning...

I was at work when the other 2 times started. The first was when I was on break so I got a few in. Managed to get a few more while I was "working"...

The current round started 1-2 hours before my shift ended.

Got my NP1 Achiles to level 90 and my NP2 Chiron to level 80. My Caster Seig is stuck at level 70. Almost to the last ascension material but am almost out of embers.

I managed to hit the afternoon raid yesterday pretty hard. The night raid popped around when I went to sleep. I did one round and it was lagging pretty bad so I just logged off. This morning I woke up and it is still up. It looks like they made them last longer now. I hit 1.2 mill coins for the last dmg CE. These raids are crazy good QP. I think I've made over 100 million so far. I also pulled Chiron with a ticket, but no Achilles.

JP got a free SSR ticket
ynzlzfvv2yu41.png

Last edited:

EDarkness

Oh. That's nice. I wish we got something like that. Not that I'd know who to spend it on. I don't have most of the 5* units, but not sure I'd want them, either.

After all these years, JP got a free SSR ticket...

...and they are all non-limited SSR's. LUL

I'm never going to get my welfare Gil. :messenger_loudly_crying:

And yeah, the first day was a joke. I was asleep because I had to work and by the time I was off work both Jack and Shakespeare were already deader than dead. Fucking NEET's up all night and then at home instead of work killing them.

Last edited:

deanote666

Just finished the 2,000,000 coin collecting this morning.

Finished gold currency yesterday.

Almost done with the bronze currency.

This is a short event as far as shop farming is concerned..

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I finished the coins yesterday. The only thing left in the shop for me are red/blue gems and embers/fous. I went from 80m QP at the start to 330m QP now. I've never had anywhere near this amount of QP before so it is nice. I'm mostly waiting for the Semiramis (hearts) raid to open up now.

You need so much of the bronze currency. I'm done with coins too but I'm trying to figure out what I really want to farm that gives me mats I need plus bronze currency.

Last edited:

Pejo

Man i had some shit luck getting Achilles this time, major bummer. Got a few NP upgrades for other servants though, so I guess it's not a total loss. 2 years until we get our free SSR.

Pejo

So I've been really slacking and just started the event today, lol. I'm in a bit of a panic because I didn't realize the raids ended before the event, so I thought I had lots of time. I'm farming the assassin node, I can 1 round the hardest one, which isn't so bad.

Am I looking at this correctly that I can max ascend Seig as long as I can get to 500k coins?

JORMBO

Darkness no more
So I've been really slacking and just started the event today, lol. I'm in a bit of a panic because I didn't realize the raids ended before the event, so I thought I had lots of time. I'm farming the assassin node, I can 1 round the hardest one, which isn't so bad.

Am I looking at this correctly that I can max ascend Seig as long as I can get to 500k coins?

I don’t remember where the last copy was exactly but it was pretty early in the coin ladder compared to some of the past events.

Pejo

I don’t remember where the last copy was exactly but it was pretty early in the coin ladder compared to some of the past events.
Yea i looked it up, it was at 500k. I got there in about an hour and a half last night from scratch, lol. I will continue to try to get at least the first lore today, but at least I didn't miss anything permanently missable.

Is the final story quest time locked? I still can't buy Sieg copies and he still has the "limited time" marker above his portrait, but I don't see any more main story quests yet.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Yea i looked it up, it was at 500k. I got there in about an hour and a half last night from scratch, lol. I will continue to try to get at least the first lore today, but at least I didn't miss anything permanently missable.

Is the final story quest time locked? I still can't buy Sieg copies and he still has the "limited time" marker above his portrait, but I don't see any more main story quests yet.

I think so. I haven't been able to buy the copies yet either. I'm assuming there's one more quest once they stop the raids.

Pejo

I think so. I haven't been able to buy the copies yet either. I'm assuming there's one more quest once they stop the raids.
Sweet. Now I can farm in peace. That wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but boy do I regret not farming the raids sooner, that's a ton of easy QP/materials. Some of them I didn't even get to fight once.

Shouta

They're running a Lite version of Honnoji Finale in JP and I managed to get both of the Nobunaga's from the gacha which was what I was aiming for. That's a lot of Demon King.:messenger_grinning_sweat:

Pejo

Well I managed to almost clear the Apocrypha shop, so I did a lot better than expected after waiting a week to start. Now the grind continues into Guda. For some reason, I thought this was the event that we got mommy Nobu, but I guess that's next year, bummer. I'm done summoning for a few months, it looks like, until Okita Alter and Skadi/Summer. Time to get into savings mode. I have 4 singularities still to clear for that quartz, all the associated Free Quests, and about 20 interludes, so that's a nice stash of quartz once it's all done. I might skip out on this rerun after I get a few things from the shop and start going through them. I think taking a few months off and basically only logging in has helped, I'm not as burned out anymore with this game. Also, I'm sure the stay-in-place orders have had an effect too.

EDarkness

I didn't even know this game was made in Unity. That's cool. I wonder what version they were using up until now? Probably Unity 5.6.

Pejo

I didn't even know this game was made in Unity. That's cool. I wonder what version they were using up until now? Probably Unity 5.6.
Yea the post says Unity 5. I always thought it was interesting that the character sprites are not actually 2D like they usually look.

EDarkness

Yea the post says Unity 5. I always thought it was interesting that the character sprites are not actually 2D like they usually look.

I just updated my own game from Unity 5.6 to 2017, so I understand well the challenges they face. But it's a good thing, because I feel like 2017-18 adds a lot more stuff you can use to make things interesting.

Pejo

I just updated my own game from Unity 5.6 to 2017, so I understand well the challenges they face. But it's a good thing, because I feel like 2017-18 adds a lot more stuff you can use to make things interesting.
I think the JP client has been running 2018 for a while now, they just haven't been updating us presumably because it'd be a lot of work to retrofit the events to make sure they work correctly.

I didn't know you made games, that's pretty cool.

EDarkness

I'm still bummed I never got Holmes. I might burn a couple of tickets to see if I can get him...but it's been a LONG time since I've gotten a 5* unit, so I'm not holding my breath.

EDarkness

It's so boring. I'm trying to do the scenarios, but I can't focus on what's going on because it's long. The idea of Sherlock solving a mystery is great, but the servants and stuff...ugh. I know, I know, they couldn't use different characters, but damn, it's so...bad.

Really? I think this has been one of the best events in the game. I love the story (the writer Ban Madoi is an actual Japanese mystery novelist) and I love the way it fucks with your preconceptions. It uses the images of the servants you're familiar with to stand in for the people you meet for very good reasons. To say more is spoilers.

Apparently there haven't been other "mystery" type events in JP FGO since this one which makes me a bit sad. The entire concept is great, the execution is really clever, and trying to piece together the mystery is a lot of fun. It's very much a homage to classic detective novels but also a fun mystery in it's own right.

Also, to help you out, right at the end Holmes straight up tells you what to look for to solve the mystery. Pay careful attention to what he says at the very end before he sends you off to the web site to vote for who you think is the murderer.

Last edited:

Pejo

Hate me if you want, but I want that 10 SQ, so if you want to spoil the ending for the vote:

Harriet

Bro I'm 99% sure they will be like "good job you guys you figured it out here's the quartz" no matter what the result was. Most people's brains were too smooth anyway and probably cheated to look at the right answer because this happened 2 years ago in JP.

EDarkness

Damn, I didn't realize this happened in Japan already...I guess I should have expected that. I won't look it up and just see if my own choice matches up with what the actual answer is.

I like a good mystery, but ugh...the writing.

Pejo

Damn, I didn't realize this happened in Japan already...I guess I should have expected that. I won't look it up and just see if my own choice matches up with what the actual answer is.

I like a good mystery, but ugh...the writing.
Surprising you didn't like the writing. I thought they did a good job, especially because you carry pre-conceived notions of the servants in with you to the event that they use against you. It was a fun little change of pace, though I didn't even start reading it until last night.

I decided to wait until tonight to do a 10 roll, to see if I could get some Jaguar Man or Bedivere dupes, and ended up actually getting NP5 Fionn and Sherlock with some trash CE's. Man, for such a cool character, Holmes really got shafted on skills/NP. I can't ever see actually using him for anything.

Anyone playing JP got their dino waifu?

latest

latest

I was saving my quartz, but once I saw that, it was instantly spending quartz until NP2.

Last edited:
Top Bottom